Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

5 days ago 113 degrees - yesterday rain and in the 60's - Unbelievable.

Steph - What a sweet DH - That was super of him to surprise you like that. It's understandable to cry when you are leaving your school and kids. I remember when I graduated 8th grade - i was walking home crying like a baby - don't ask me why I was going to see all these kids in high school - i guess it's just our passages in like that make us emotional..

Karri - I complement you on your dedication... That is an excellent quality.. If you run tonite - please don't over do it - get some in but just watch your energy ...

Denise - What kind of dance class - ball room - salsa ?? How fun - I would love to take a dance class - We are getting a 24 hr fitness in my neigbhood soon - I may change gyms if they offer some kind of exercise/dance classes.

Candice - Cute joke...

Phyl - You sent your weather my way - but I am liking it :cursing:

OK off to ck my desk cbl

Janet,

What happened???? Did you get a LIFE or something????

It's TOO quiet when you're not here!!

I see you're only 5 degrees warmer than us today! Very strange!!

I am still enjoying my Wii Fit/Wii Sports, but decided I have to split my sessions in to twice a day instead of trying to do one right after the other. The Wii Fit exercises don't seem particularly strenuous, but I get awfully tired after about 15 minutes!! And sometimes I have to sit down for a few seconds... my knees start to hurt, and some of the exercises actually make me light-headed for a few seconds. Scarey! Mostly the ski jump does that.. you have to go from squating... like you're going off a ski jump, then stand up straight all of a sudden to jump off the end... I crash EVERY time. I have yet to do a successful jump! So, now I have TWO Wii age tests to do each day... the Wii sports and the Wii Fit.

We have absolutely not ONE plan for the long holiday weekend. DH says maybe we'll go to a movie. Youngest DD says we can crash their BBQ on Sunday..

for the missions group at their church.

Maybe we'll go.

8_4_145.gif

I wanted to buy WiiFitness last night. We got to the game store and I was out-voted and we came home with The Legend of Zelda instead. :biggrin: I'm gonna make them pay today. :rolleyes2::redface:

Steph - You'll feel better soon,

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun!!

Salsa - Your going to kill yourself. I have clown clothes on today too. My shirt looks ridiculous.

Peaches - Dat was a hoot!!!

Janet - The dance class was so fun. It's a couple dance called the Jamaican named after a famous club that used to be in New Orleans. They teach us one new step every Thursday for 6 weeks. It's a dance club and the men dance with the girl's who come for lessons, and the ladies dance with the men taking lessons. I have BEEN wanting to do this and only did because I have lost weight. After the couple lessons, one of the ladies showed us 2 line dances. I did those too. Last year at this time, there is no way in hell I would have danced in front of people. That was hard, because I live to dance. I got the boogie fever.

Here is something else I did today because I lost weight, if I was still very fat I would not have gotten out of my car.

I went to pick up my son at school. As I was driving away, a truck was 2 cars in front of me. I saw a black lab puppy fall out the truck, appear to hit the back wheel, and start walking in front of CARS! The truck didn't see, the two cars in front of me had to see, almost hit the dog, and still didn't stop. I said, "Ahhhh, hell no I ain't watching this puppy die before my eyes." I stop, I am on a highway, all the cars coming out the school lined up behind me. I scream at my son to get in the back seat. I grab the dog and start shoving him in the back. Cars start honking. I don't give a crap, I've lost weight, and I'm saving a life!!!!! Thank God the dog had a tag with a number. A kid answers, I tell him the story. While I'm driving I try to flag down a truck coming back towards me that may be the truck. He doesn't see me. I bring the dog to a house with the kid. We are driving away and that truck pulls up, it was him, he was looking for his dog.

Mission Accomplished, Life Safed! :rolleyes2:

However, the tension at work is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Last day he works. I won't have to see his face next week.

Denise - Dancing yep girl I love to dance to that is what I missed most when I was obese.. I have only gotten to go dancing once - and gf stupid dh was and AH and we didn't get to dance for long -

I would love to take those dance classes - Too much fun...

Loved that you saved that puppy I had tears in my eyes as I read the story.

Congrats on your weight loss and new improved self image !!!!

4 miles...Though LJM just challeged me to a running challenge through our Nike+ fitness systems that we have. We are challenging to see who can run/walk the most miles through October. Now I don't know if you have figured this out yet but I am a bit competatitve:tt2:...and I have to take AT least 4 weeks off :thumbdown:for the TT:thumbup:, so I am going to have to get in a few miles between now and then to give me a fighting chance. :redface: But...I promise the true competitor won't come out until Sunday...Then the gloves are off and these feet are a runnin':w00t:

I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better today.. I am not tired, don't want to eat constantly, and haven't strangled a student yet! Progress!

Karri - I understand the competetiveness - ck out my ticker compared to yours - I have been chasing you ever since you joined :blink:

Plus - I think you will win the challenge with jlm :lol:

Janet,

What happened???? Did you get a LIFE or something????

It's TOO quiet when you're not here!!

I see you're only 5 degrees warmer than us today! Very strange!!

I am still enjoying my Wii Fit/Wii Sports, but decided I have to split my sessions in to twice a day instead of trying to do one right after the other. The Wii Fit exercises don't seem particularly strenuous, but I get awfully tired after about 15 minutes!! And sometimes I have to sit down for a few seconds... my knees start to hurt, and some of the exercises actually make me light-headed for a few seconds. Scarey! Mostly the ski jump does that.. you have to go from squating... like you're going off a ski jump, then stand up straight all of a sudden to jump off the end... I crash EVERY time. I have yet to do a successful jump! So, now I have TWO Wii age tests to do each day... the Wii sports and the Wii Fit.

We have absolutely not ONE plan for the long holiday weekend. DH says maybe we'll go to a movie. Youngest DD says we can crash their BBQ on Sunday..

for the missions group at their church.

Maybe we'll go.

8_4_145.gif

Phyl - DS DIL BGD have left to ck out new home site - yesterday got off work at 3 came home and took a nap and was just so tried didn't get on the computer at all last nite - I think I am emotionally drained from all that's been going on.

For the weekend - it's me gs & gd (13) - no plans either for the weekend - hair appointment this morning - gym and that's about it.

I took my measurements here are starting and as of this morning

6/20

Chest 44.5

Arms 15

Waist 44

Hips 50

Thighs 29

5/24

Chest 34.5

Arms 11.5

Waist 31

Hips 36

Thighs 11.5

Gone -

Chest -10 inches

Arms - -3.5 but if the sag wasn't there they would be smaller

Waist - 13 inches

Hips - 14 inches

Thighs - 17.5 inches

I am beginning to see a thin person in the mirror - but my brain still thinks of me as me... May do a little shopping - my 10's are too big need to be replaced .

Steph - I keep posting and then they aren't there - what are creamed cucumber???

Ok - I need to get dressed for the gym - gotta exercise - not as dedicated as my DBD but for an old chick - I am happy with my 3 miles at higher speed and inclines..

CBL :biggrin:

So now come the baloons!:rolleyes2: I officially lost 100 pounds! I had been down earlier in the week and then was bouncing around all week, but on the day that counted...I was at 150 pounds. I had changed my ticker early in hopes that I wouldn't have to change it back...and now I don't!

Thank you for all of your support! Now we are going to go see the new Indiana Jones movie, go window shopping, and then go walk part of the half-marathon course!

I wanted to buy WiiFitness last night. We got to the game store and I was out-voted and we came home with The Legend of Zelda instead. :redface: I'm gonna make them pay today. :biggrin::lol:

Go back and get it!! That's not fair!!

Loved that you saved that puppy I had tears in my eyes as I read the story.

Yeah, that was a neat story!! Good for you!!

Phyl - DS DIL BGD have left to ck out new home site - yesterday got off work at 3 came home and took a nap and was just so tried didn't get on the computer at all last nite - I think I am emotionally drained from all that's been going on.

For the weekend - it's me gs & gd (13) - no plans either for the weekend - hair appointment this morning - gym and that's about it.

I took my measurements here are starting and as of this morning

6/20

Chest 44.5

Arms 15

Waist 44

Hips 50

Thighs 29

5/24

Chest 34.5

Arms 11.5

Waist 31

Hips 36

Thighs 11.5

Gone -

Chest -10 inches

Arms - -3.5 but if the sag wasn't there they would be smaller

Waist - 13 inches

Hips - 14 inches

Thighs - 17.5 inches

I am beginning to see a thin person in the mirror - but my brain still thinks of me as me... May do a little shopping - my 10's are too big need to be replaced .CBL :rolleyes2:

I know you've been busy with family but we miss you!!

Great job on the inches lost! It's probably about time for me to take measurements again. Don't think I've done it since about Dec.!

:blink:

I officially lost 100 pounds!

Congratulations, Karri!!

Well, I slept in until almost 8:30 a.m. this morning!

So, guess what???

It was a beautiful sunny morning

when I came into the living room.

That was about 20 minutes ago.

It must be ME!

28_2_7v.gif

Now it's gone!!

I wanted to buy WiiFitness last night. We got to the game store and I was out-voted and we came home with The Legend of Zelda instead. :biggrin: I'm gonna make them pay today. :rolleyes2::redface:

Ruby

Too Funny - Hubby better watch out - :blink: when he wants something :lol:

I would like to try it out 1st before I buy it - I guess I will wait til Phyl comes back to the desert and then I will test hers out - (well if she brings it:wink2:)

Back from the gym - 3.25 mile up to 8 incline - and even ran for a second - well really a few - didn't tract. I think I would like that nike thingie that Karri has - it goes on your shoe?? I have a pedometer - but I didn't measure my steps so I don't know how accurate it is. I am feeling really good about my exercise an how far I have come in 10 months.

Drinking my 1st bottle of Water - had coffee but I don't count that :thumbup:

Ok you ladies that have things planed for the weekend with bbq etc - watch out for those mac & potato salads - If you make them - make them with a mixture of no fat & lite fat mayo to help reduce the calories - I mix the 2 for things like that - but use lite stuff on my sandwiches - which I may eat once or twice a month made with lite bread. Turkey 45 bread 45 may 50 - and I have to eat very slowly. get full on 1/2 - yesterday had 1/2 for Breakfast and the other half with yogurt for lunch

dinner 3 oz tri tip some veggies and desert popcorn & 3/4 of a yogurt.

snack half can of oysters & 2 triskets..

I got interviewed for Palm Springs Life Magazine about my lapband and Dr Bobbie - Should be in the August issue. Can't wait to see what she edits what I said..

Waiting for my stimulus check should be here today - $$$ for shopping to help the economy - Well I guess I Will have the sacrifice and go shopping today and tomorrow and Monday :thumbup::lol::thumbup:

So now come the baloons!:rolleyes2: I officially lost 100 pounds! I had been down earlier in the week and then was bouncing around all week, but on the day that counted...I was at 150 pounds. I had changed my ticker early in hopes that I wouldn't have to change it back...and now I don't!

Thank you for all of your support! Now we are going to go see the new Indiana Jones movie, go window shopping, and then go walk part of the half-marathon course!

KARRI

23_28_116.gif

CONGRATULATION

100 POUNDS GONEe_1_43.gif

23_5_119.gif ON YOUR 100 LBS 23_30_125.gif

THAT'S WONDERFUL!!'

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!

4_17_11.gif

36_2_68.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I know you've been busy with family but we miss you!!

Great job on the inches lost! It's probably about time for me to take measurements again. Don't think I've done it since about Dec.!

It was a beautiful sunny morning

when I came into the living room.

That was about 20 minutes ago.

It must be ME!

Now it's gone!!

[/center]

Phyl - I've missed being here too...

The kids left Thursday and will be back Monday nite - they are looking for jobs - housing etc - I know that BGD - said that she loves it up there.

I got the cops called on me Thursday night - my grandson went to dad's house to ck on it and neighbor said what was he doing there that he didn't have a son and that he (son) wasn't a "n word" and that my GS was gay.

Well, when gs came home and told me this you can imagine my outrage - so I took my little butt over there and demanded and apology - well it just be came a yelling match with the most ignorant lady & her husband - the hubby was afraid I was going to hit his wife (I am not a fighter) but I did cuss them out and called them racist & homophobic and a whole lot of other choice word - she even said in front of me - well look at him he is gay - we told her nope - but if he was so what - what did that have to do with a blessed thing. Can you believe that in today's world that someone would say that shit about another person (let alone a kid) - obviously she uses the N word in her home - and this b is a nurse. She asked who I was (since I don't match my kids) and told her I am the mother & grandmother and that yes that my son is 1/2 black - show you how much you know. I am still steaming about this - I can't seem to let it go.. I am really pissed - I left before the cops got there as I knew there was no use in continuing the argument - that it would not go any further cuz they are the most stupidest pple in the world - but one of the cops who knows about the goings on at the house stopped me and I told him what was going on and he said that lady was wrong and that he would let the dept know - I told him I was very upset and he said yes I can see that - I look mean without trying too and when I am pissed I would be afraid of me too :rolleyes2:

It's not you just our weird weather - heck it's only suppose to be 75 today with clouds - unbeleivable...

Welcome to my world for the last couple of weeks - I am sick of my family being attacked - I am like a Mother Bear - I am going to protect my family..

Linda - are you back from Mexico yet?? Did you have a good time?? I have been thinking about you and could use some of those great tropical drinks :biggrin:

Hey everyone...sorry to be MIA for so long, but we have had a CRAZY couple of months. I'm not going to go into detail, but our 2nd exchange student left under very bad circumstances, it was nothing we did, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I've been doing ok, and am finally under 200 lbs now (which I'm ecstatic about). However, I'm having some problems. Here is the post from my blog and I was wondering if any of you have had these problems so long after the last fill...

So, I'm waiting for my Dr to call me back. Last week, I called and got a prescription for Protonix again because I was waking up with really bad reflux when I would lay down. It seemed like everytime I laid down, I would start coughing and I would need to get the acid out of my system. The problem is how to get it out of your system. As of right now, I haven't eaten anything since 7:30 last night, and I'm still having problems.

When I talked to the nurse last week, she had a feeling I might be too tight. What I don't understand is that this means I have been too tight since December. But, I just started having these problems in the last month or so. Is that right?? I don't know. All I know is that I need to be able to sleep at night, and right now that isn't happening.

So, what does this mean?? It may mean a trip to Phoenix and back on Tuesday, which means a super long day for me because we are driving up to Moab that night after Rodney gets off work for a conference. So, who knows what the Dr will say, but I know something isn't right. Maybe he'll have a Dr in Flagstaff or Albuquerque who could do a slight unfil so that I won't have to drive all the way to Phoenix.

Anyways, I'll post more later when I know what's going on.

~Nichole

Phyl - I've missed being here too...

The kids left Thursday and will be back Monday nite - they are looking for jobs - housing etc - I know that BGD - said that she loves it up there.

I got the cops called on me Thursday night - my grandson went to dad's house to ck on it and neighbor said what was he doing there that he didn't have a son and that he (son) wasn't a "n word" and that my GS was gay.

Well, when gs came home and told me this you can imagine my outrage - so I took my little butt over there and demanded and apology - well it just be came a yelling match with the most ignorant lady & her husband - the hubby was afraid I was going to hit his wife (I am not a fighter) but I did cuss them out and called them racist & homophobic and a whole lot of other choice word - she even said in front of me - well look at him he is gay - we told her nope - but if he was so what - what did that have to do with a blessed thing. Can you believe that in today's world that someone would say that shit about another person (let alone a kid) - obviously she uses the N word in her home - and this b is a nurse. She asked who I was (since I don't match my kids) and told her I am the mother & grandmother and that yes that my son is 1/2 black - show you how much you know. I am still steaming about this - I can't seem to let it go.. I am really pissed - I left before the cops got there as I knew there was no use in continuing the argument - that it would not go any further cuz they are the most stupidest pple in the world - but one of the cops who knows about the goings on at the house stopped me and I told him what was going on and he said that lady was wrong and that he would let the dept know - I told him I was very upset and he said yes I can see that - I look mean without trying too and when I am pissed I would be afraid of me too :biggrin:

That is OUTRAGEOUS!! Some people are just plain ignorant!! So sorry you and your GS had to experience that and be the victims of their stupidity!

I spoke too soon about the weather.. it really turned out to be a nice day. We went down to the waterfront... rode around on my scooter for a while and then we went to this little brewery for lunch. I talked DH in to ordering a seafood combo platter.. so I could pick off of it. But he didn't let that happen... he gave me what he wanted me to have... on shrimp, two litle clam strips and a small piece of cod. But it was enough because I ordered a bowl of chowder and a side of cole slaw. I ended up giving him at least half the chowder because I was full. I had two sips of his beer and then he started telling me how many calories there are in beer, so that was the end of that. He just finished making some wine... a 5 week process, his first try at it, so I'm having a little glass of merlot instead. And then we're taking a walk/ride down to the lake while it's still nice and warm (75ish) and SUNNY!!

I have always said that if I fit in a size 4 that I would wear that pants inside out and take a picture....Well here they are!!!

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=b7c8a472-3193-4467-934d-ab0dcac2d5d7&Aux=4|0|8CA8C4CFB506890|

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=b7c8a472-3193-4467-934d-ab0dcac2d5d7&Aux=4|0|8CA8C4CFB506890|

So much for window shopping. I couldn't help but buy these. This isn't a fluke either. 2 stores...3 pairs of pants and 1 skirt...all size 4. HOLY CRAP THEY FIT! 100 pounds and 20 sizes in 9.5 months!

Now my question is...what the hell size am I am going to be after surgery:w00t:?????

Janet - I opened a can this week, so if you need me to come kick some ass I'm in an ass kicking mode.

Karri - Congratulations, If you are already in a four and you get a Tummy Tuck you're going to be invisible.

Janet - I opened a can this week, so if you need me to come kick some ass I'm in an ass kicking mode.

You gals are scaring me!!

:thumbup::biggrin:

:):biggrin::thumbup::biggrin::thumbup:

Thanks Denise - ignorant pple what can I say but the chick is a nurse - I wouldn't want to be a person of color in her care.

Karri - Pictures didn't come thru - please repost !!!! I want to see - you are going to be a size 2 if not zero - Way to go - you are going to be one hot chick.

Phyl - you would be right there with Denise and me - bring your Water gun with some blue or green die - and aim for her head - she is blonds so we could stain her hair.. Heck it's no biggie to me I have been dealing with the crap for years (since I was 16) I am use to it - but for them to attack my child is another things - My Son's dad is black my xdh is mexican - so I have dealt with all kinds of prejudice.. But not for years now - it was shocking to say the least..

Well, you know when you go with the intention to shop you can't find crap. Found some black dress docker Capri's size 6 - a tad snug - but got 4.5 lbs to go and after they are on for a while they do stretch..

I really didn't find anything - go 2 black Capri's - one long pair of pant and some checkered Bermudas & polo shirt.. Macy's was a mess - they must be getting ready to bring in their winter clothes.. JC Penny's having good sale - but just really couldn't find anything..

Well its sure been quite - My DGD and I had nails done - and a little more shoping but nothing great - some p.j. - oh ya - new Odd Thomas book - so I am headed to the couch - I LOVE ODD THOMAS...

CBL :D