Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Gang, just thought I'd check in...I had a yucky day a work today...

I started off with a fight with a co-worker....

then... I found out I made a clerical error ( I fixed it) that cost my employer $1000!!! I told her about it and she was quite understanding.. Thank God...

Then I get home to find that the co-worker has written me a "snot gram" , so I then composed the most diplomatic reply of the century... argh...

I also had an appointment with a Hypnotherapist... I must get my cravings for junk under control ... it went really well and i feel like I am taking charge again., one day at a time...

So today I ate, 1 WW chicken lunch frozen thingy, 2 oz fish for a snack, Decaf with milk (extra large), dinner was Ground beef curry and salad.. Now I am drinking tea.

Evening snack will be a protien shake + vitamins...

Hugs to all,

Candice

I wii'd for 45 minutes today and walked for 40. Yeah for me. I'm going to make my goal this month. I know it. I'm feeling good. My hips hurt a bit.

Phyl, the bubble thing was unlocked today. I suck! It is soooooo bad!!! I hoola hooped today...that was fun but with my back problem it hurt. Then I tried to aerobics thing....but that was just weird. I'm really not coordinated enough or smart enough. Supposed to step right and I step off back or supposed to not step and I'm walking on.... Then I ran in place and it kept telling me to keep my pace steady. I will work on that again tomorrow. I did 2 runs and neither was very good so I'll try that again tomorrow. Tomorrow my plan is to train on sports and then do some more balance stuff.

Has anyone tried the yoga? I've never been one for yoga but I might try it tomorrow.

Well...better run. unless I think of something else to share. Oh...I got in 80 oz of Water today, how did everyone else do? Water patrol out and about

I do a couple of the yoga things... breathing exercise is one. The bubble thing isn't too bad... just keep trying. You have to lean way forward on your toes to keep going. On the running thing... I just walk as steadily as I can... not too fast. Been on a busy schedule for about the last week, so I haven't been able to do it twice a day as planned, and I even missed a couple of days.

For some reason I'm not getting e-mail notifications for the thread again! :thumbup: It does this every once in a while.

:tt2::tt2::eek:

I quit getting them, too, but only for certain threads... including this one.

Hello All,

I have to share what I'm eating right now cause it's good.

Shredded Romaine

A scoop of Bruscetta from Sam's

A little Feta

A can of Bumble and Bumble tuna with sundried Tomato and basil, found at Walmart.< /span>

It will probably last me all day.

Denise - Sounds Good - I am hungry - I may have tuna for diner - a tuna sandwich on lite bread and light mayo.. See healthy food can taste good:lol:

For some reason I'm not getting e-mail notifications for the thread again! :thumbup: It does this every once in a while.

I burst out laughing when I read this.

I wii'd (peed) for 45 minutes. :tt2::lol::eek::lol: Alright, that's childish. But I'm jealous that you guys get to play Wii Fit and I'm not allowed one yet. It's not fair! All my friends have one! :tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:

Ruby - I don't have one either - waiting for Phyl to come back to the desert so i can test her's out before I put that kind of $ out..

Hi Gang, just thought I'd check in...I had a yucky day a work today...

I started off with a fight with a co-worker....

then... I found out I made a clerical error ( I fixed it) that cost my employer $1000!!! I told her about it and she was quite understanding.. Thank God...

Then I get home to find that the co-worker has written me a "snot gram" , so I then composed the most diplomatic reply of the century... argh...

I also had an appointment with a Hypnotherapist... I must get my cravings for junk under control ... it went really well and i feel like I am taking charge again., one day at a time...

So today I ate, 1 WW chicken lunch frozen thingy, 2 oz fish for a snack, Decaf with milk (extra large), dinner was Ground beef curry and salad.. Now I am drinking tea.

Evening snack will be a protien shake + vitamins...

Hugs to all,

Candice

Candice

Sorry you had a bad day (hugs to you) tell your little co worker to jump in a lake... My boss is pretty cool too when I have made an error - thankfully you have a good boss.

What's hamburger curry - I am hungry so it sounds good and I like curry..

I do a couple of the yoga things... breathing exercise is one. The bubble thing isn't too bad... just keep trying. You have to lean way forward on your toes to keep going. On the running thing... I just walk as steadily as I can... not too fast. Been on a busy schedule for about the last week, so I haven't been able to do it twice a day as planned, and I even missed a couple of days.

I quit getting them, too, but only for certain threads... including this one.

I haven't gotten email notification for along time - it was clutter up my mail box too much- I just come the the user cp and see if there are new post...

How are you doing - we haven't talked in a while - I know I haven't been on as much - but things are getting back to normal

1 lb. extra lean beef ground, cook up in a frying pan

1/2 vadalia onion, chopped

1 green pepper

1/2 zucchini, diced

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tsp curry powder

1/2 tsp chilli pepper flakes

salt and pepper to taste

Saute all that up then I added 1/2 can Low fat Coconut milk

1/2 pkg of Kraft dinner, prepared(from last night, I was bad)

That's it, just kinda leftovers and stuff I found in the fridge, you could use whatever veggies you prefer

Made 4 MAN sized portions, I ate 1/2 of that.... about 1 cup then I had salad too.:thumbup:

1 green pepper

1/2 zucchini, diced

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tsp curry powder

salt and pepper to taste

That's it, just kinda leftovers and stuff I found in the fridge, you could use whatever veggies you prefer

Made 4 MAN sized portions, I ate 1/2 of that.... about 1 cup then I had salad too.:thumbup:

Well I don't have any coconut milk - but will get some and try it - but not tonite -I have hamburger thawing - but I have already taken shower and don't feel like going out - What's kraft dinner - mac & cheese - I would put it over rice - one cup isn't bad :tt2:

Well I don't have any coconut milk - but will get some and try it - but not tonite -I have hamburger thawing - but I have already taken shower and don't feel like going out - What's kraft dinner - mac & cheese - I would put it over rice - one cup isn't bad :tt2:

Yes, Kraft Dinner is Mac & CHeese in a box... how lazy am I :thumbup:

1 green pepper

1/2 zucchini, diced

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tsp curry powder

salt and pepper to taste

Yum! That sounds delicious! I'm going to try it. But first I have to get the family through the other leftovers. I still don't have this Portion Control thing figured out yet. My freezer is full of leftovers. At least once a week I make my hubby and son "Treasure Pie". That's the name my son has given to when I mix a few leftovers together and put it inside a pie crust and top it with cheese. :tt2: He likes Treasure Pie. :biggrin2:

Hi all. Going through a little post vacation depression here. The tropical weather has been replaced with 50's which doesn't help. To be honest, the trip didn't turn out as I had hoped/expected. Instead of a wonderful family vacation, the unmarried couples acted more or less as if it was their honeymoons, causing problems for my married son and his wife, and for me too--to be honest. The engaged couple was fine when asked to knock it off, but my dd and her bf were not. We finally had a "family meeting" to discuss it and they refused to talk, they just got an attitude, and now that we're home dd just runs off with her bf every evening. It's pretty dissapointing to think that you're going on a once-in-a life time family vacation, you pay extra for the kids to take along their siginificant other, and it ended up tearing the family apart. My dh says he'll never do it again and the married son and his wife aren't talking to dd and her bf at all. To top it off, the engaged son drove to Mass. yesterday and will start his new job next week. I just want my li'l babies back.

As for getting the eating back on track: I'm trying. . .

Denise - Sounds Good - I am hungry - I may have tuna for diner - a tuna sandwich on lite bread and light mayo.. See healthy food can taste good:lol:

Ruby - I don't have one either - waiting for Phyl to come back to the desert so i can test her's out before I put that kind of $ out..

Candice

Sorry you had a bad day (hugs to you) tell your little co worker to jump in a lake... My boss is pretty cool too when I have made an error - thankfully you have a good boss.

What's hamburger curry - I am hungry so it sounds good and I like curry..

I haven't gotten email notification for along time - it was clutter up my mail box too much- I just come the the user cp and see if there are new post...

How are you doing - we haven't talked in a while - I know I haven't been on as much - but things are getting back to normal

Yeah, we miss you when you're not here.

I've been gone a lot the last couple of days. Primetimers yesterday and steering committee for same today. ALL afternoon.

1 green pepper

1/2 zucchini, diced

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tsp curry powder

salt and pepper to taste

That sounds really good!!!

Hi all. Going through a little post vacation depression here. The tropical weather has been replaced with 50's which doesn't help. To be honest, the trip didn't turn out as I had hoped/expected. Instead of a wonderful family vacation, the unmarried couples acted more or less as if it was their honeymoons, causing problems for my married son and his wife, and for me too--to be honest. The engaged couple was fine when asked to knock it off, but my dd and her bf were not. We finally had a "family meeting" to discuss it and they refused to talk, they just got an attitude, and now that we're home dd just runs off with her bf every evening. It's pretty dissapointing to think that you're going on a once-in-a life time family vacation, you pay extra for the kids to take along their siginificant other, and it ended up tearing the family apart. My dh says he'll never do it again and the married son and his wife aren't talking to dd and her bf at all. To top it off, the engaged son drove to Mass. yesterday and will start his new job next week. I just want my li'l babies back.

As for getting the eating back on track: I'm trying. . .

It doesn't get better when they get older, does it??!!

Good evening all. Not much happening. I went for a walk with DH tonight but we just sort of strolled along so Im not going to count it as a session.

I was going to tell you about this wonderful appetizer that my sister made for graduation. It was absolutely divine.

Canned chicken

mayo (light or fatfree is fine) (use as little or as much as you like)

dijon mustard (1 Tbsp per each 1/2 c mayo)

finely chopped celery

salt and pepper to taste (it brings out a bit more flavor in the chx)

Finely chopped green onions

craisings

chopped pineapple

Slivered almonds.

Mix it all together and then serve on endive boats. It was soooooo good. I can't even explain how awesome it was. The endive boats were the topping of it. I think it would be awesome as a stuffing for tomatoes too but my family won't eat it that way. We don't get endive around here so I want to find another way to serve it. It was a pretty good dip for crackers but those aren't great for me either.

Had an okay day. I had a run in with one of my son's teachers. I don't think she would have said what she said had she known I was his mother and I was standing right there and was really upset at being called on it. Basically she snapped at him, turned around made some grumble about him, and when I said he was with me she said something derogatory about his organization skills....and it just slipped out....honestly I didn't plan on saying it....but I came back with "Maybe you should work on your people skills." Then I pointed out that I am a teacher and it is inappropriate for her to talk to a student OR a parent like that and then I walked out. HAG!!!! On the last day of school. Have a nice summer Michael. I've enjoyed having you in class. Look forward to seeing you next year. HAG!!!!! And then she has him next year too. grrr....I'm still gravelled over this. But....50 pounds ago I would NEVER have said that. So good for me, but I really do need to get my tongue under control.

I hope everyone is doing alright. Linda, I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as wonderful as you had hoped. Peaches, can you give me lessons on how to be diplomatic? I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Night all

I'm really not coordinated enough or smart enough. Supposed to step right and I step off back or supposed to not step and I'm walking on....

DD & I CANNOT do that either.

DH & SIL did okay, but not great.

It is much harder than it looks.

Watching the other "Mii" feet sort of helps,

but I finally just sat down & gave up on that one!

Hi Gang, just thought I'd check in...I had a yucky day a work today...Candice

Tomorrow will be better!! And then it's the weekend!!

I was going to tell you about this wonderful appetizer that my sister made for graduation. It was absolutely divine.

Canned chicken

finely chopped celery

craisings

chopped pineapple

Slivered almonds.

Had an okay day. I had a run in with one of my son's teachers. I don't think she would have said what she said had she known I was his mother and I was standing right there and was really upset at being called on it. Basically she snapped at him, turned around made some grumble about him, and when I said he was with me she said something derogatory about his organization skills....and it just slipped out....honestly I didn't plan on saying it....but I came back with "Maybe you should work on your people skills." Then I pointed out that I am a teacher and it is inappropriate for her to talk to a student OR a parent like that and then I walked out. HAG!!!! On the last day of school. Have a nice summer Michael. I've enjoyed having you in class. Look forward to seeing you next year. HAG!!!!! And then she has him next year too. grrr....I'm still gravelled over this. But....50 pounds ago I would NEVER have said that. So good for me, but I really do need to get my tongue under control. Night all

Chicken salad sounds GREAT!!

The HAG had it coming!

Worse teacher any of our four kids ever had was our oldest daughter's 2nd grade teacher on base at Minot!!

OH, she was a witch!!

23_4_151.gif

36_2_43.gif

Yes, Kraft dinner is Mac & cheese in a box... how lazy am I :tt2:

That's the only kind I make - I didn't grow up with it - don't know why my Mom or Dad never made it - I have never made it from scratch - I like it.

Yum! That sounds delicious! I'm going to try it. But first I have to get the family through the other leftovers. I still don't have this Portion Control thing figured out yet. My freezer is full of leftovers. At least once a week I make my hubby and son "Treasure Pie". That's the name my son has given to when I mix a few leftovers together and put it inside a pie crust and top it with cheese. :eek: He likes Treasure Pie. :biggrin2:

Ruby - I am right there with you - I don't have treasure pie - cuz my kid's don't eat leftovers - I am trying to cut things down - but it's hard - heck I buy a little watermelon eat 1/2 and then am done with it (not at one time :tt2:) but really havent gotten a really good one yet - they are still from mexico ... I seem to throw alot of food away...

Hi all. Going through a little post vacation depression here. The tropical weather has been replaced with 50's which doesn't help. To be honest, the trip didn't turn out as I had hoped/expected. Instead of a wonderful family vacation, the unmarried couples acted more or less as if it was their honeymoons, causing problems for my married son and his wife, and for me too--to be honest. The engaged couple was fine when asked to knock it off, but my dd and her bf were not. We finally had a "family meeting" to discuss it and they refused to talk, they just got an attitude, and now that we're home dd just runs off with her bf every evening. It's pretty dissapointing to think that you're going on a once-in-a life time family vacation, you pay extra for the kids to take along their siginificant other, and it ended up tearing the family apart. My dh says he'll never do it again and the married son and his wife aren't talking to dd and her bf at all. To top it off, the engaged son drove to Mass. yesterday and will start his new job next week. I just want my li'l babies back.As for getting the eating back on track: I'm trying. . .

Linda - Hugs - What can I say - Kids :thumbup:

Yeah, we miss you when you're not here.

I've been gone a lot the last couple of days. Primetimers yesterday and steering committee for same today. ALL afternoon.

That sounds really good!!!

It doesn't get better when they get older, does it??!!

Life will be back to normal on 6/16 - on 6/12 or 13 I will be taking DGD (13 yr) back to her parents and their new home - school will be done 6/11 and then it will be back to just me and gs and my 2 little babies... Can't wait - she is a picky eater too - so now trying to figure out what 2 kids can eat without too much work on my part - plus what I am going to eat - enough already - as my DIL said to my Son today - "she wants her life back" Yes I do...

Good evening all. Not much happening. I went for a walk with DH tonight but we just sort of strolled along so Im not going to count it as a session.

Canned chicken

finely chopped celery

craisings

chopped pineapple

Slivered almonds.

Mix it all together and then serve on endive boats. It was soooooo good. I can't even explain how awesome it was. The endive boats were the topping of it. I think it would be awesome as a stuffing for tomatoes too but my family won't eat it that way. We don't get endive around here so I want to find another way to serve it. It was a pretty good dip for crackers but those aren't great for me either.

Had an okay day. I had a run in with one of my son's teachers. I don't think she would have said what she said had she known I was his mother and I was standing right there and was really upset at being called on it. Basically she snapped at him, turned around made some grumble about him, and when I said he was with me she said something derogatory about his organization skills....and it just slipped out....honestly I didn't plan on saying it....but I came back with "Maybe you should work on your people skills." Then I pointed out that I am a teacher and it is inappropriate for her to talk to a student OR a parent like that and then I walked out. HAG!!!! On the last day of school. Have a nice summer Michael. I've enjoyed having you in class. Look forward to seeing you next year. HAG!!!!! And then she has him next year too. grrr....I'm still gravelled over this. But....50 pounds ago I would NEVER have said that. So good for me, but I really do need to get my tongue under control.

I hope everyone is doing alright. Linda, I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as wonderful as you had hoped. Peaches, can you give me lessons on how to be diplomatic? I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Night all

Steph

Nothing wrong with being assertive and standing up for yourself and your child - at least you didn't get the cops called on you :tt2:

Ok well it's 9:45 - I was suppose to go to bed at 9:30 i can't beleive how fast time goes when you are on the computer..

Sweet Dreams tty in the morning

Today was weigh-in. I nervously got on the scale just now, and guess what? I weighed exactly the same as I did 3 weeks ago. So, I think it's fair to say that despite all the problems I've had with the thing, THE BAND WORKS!

Today was weigh-in. I nervously got on the scale just now, and guess what? I weighed exactly the same as I did 3 weeks ago. So, I think it's fair to say that despite all the problems I've had with the thing, THE BAND WORKS!

Congrats Linda !!!!!

Congrats on your weigh in lindaa! :tt1: I'm sorry your vacation didn't go as you hoped. :tt1:

My weigh in is tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. I can feel myself more bloated than usual. Changing my diet to include more good fats is probably part of the problem, but I have other things going on as well. The increase in humidity has changed my allergies. I now have a rash from my perfume so have to stop using that. It's not because it's a new fragrance, the bottle was almost empty and I was about to buy more. My chest and inner forearms have lots of little red spots, similar to heat rash. My hair is still falling out, but I don't expect that to change overnight, only now it's gone curl crazy as well. :thumbup: I look like William Shatner in his bad perm days. :smile: Thank goodness I have an appointment this morning to fix that problem up.

I just feel fat today. It's not just in my head. My tummy is bloated and my feet are swelling at night. It's not Aunt Flo because I'm mid-cycle. I'm blaming the weather. :tt2:

I'm afraid to get on the scales. I'm afraid not to get on them. If I get on them and I've gained more than 3 lbs I'll be depressed. If I don't get on them I'll continue to live in denial and make more excuses for myself in order to excuse any weight gain. *sigh*

I know I've eaten more this week to try and get the good fats in. I need them. I know that. What's scarey is that I shouldn't be afraid to have gained 3+lbs. I know I shouldn't. But I will be. I'll be afraid it's the start of it all unraveling. I know I can't eat like I used to last year. It's just not physically possible. But I'm still afraid of gaining it all back one pound at a time.

I've been working really hard on my head health. It's been working well. Up until today I think. :tt2: It's not good for me to beat myself up. I stopped doing that. But today....... *sigh* I wish I could sleep through days like this and only wake up on the days that I have more energy than a 3 year old. :tt2: