Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I will try to post pictures from my race later today...but I don't know if we will get the film developed. DH is going to use his fancy camera!

I have a 5K race for charity this morning and then I need to come home and run/walk 9 miles to get my 12 in for the day.

Good Morning Gang..

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - got up at 6:11 gym @ 7 - walked 3.5 miles then did about 20 minutes of weights (arms) (at the gym for like 1:30) came home showered and left for around 10:15 to p/u gf and be at the show by 11 - It was good loved the begining but the middle got a little long and end was good. Then we went shopping - gf needed a bra - I got a couple pair of bermuda shorts (they hit below the knees) skimmers or mardas - who knows what they are called but they are checkered - we then went to Outback for dinner - Had a little bloomin onion - the whole cup of clam chowder and royal something talipia - OMG the sauce on it was to die for - had shrimp crawdads & mushrooms in this sauce over the fish - I ate about a quarter of it - oh ya at the show had a small popcorn - I really felt like i ate too much food - it's funny about that isn't it - we really didn't but we feel that we have when we eat our of our comfort zone. Ya the caloires where higher - I guesstimated 1230 yesterday - which isn't bad.

I am washing clothes - dogs need a bath gotta pay bills.

Didn't make exercise - but will all that I have had to deal with this month being 1 day short isn't bad

Karri - Be strong on your run - have fun and can't wait to see the pictures.

Ok off to read the paper - cbl:tongue:

:lol:Good Morning Everyone;

Karri, have a good run... we look forward to the pictures later.

Janet; That food plan for yest. dosn't sound too bad at all... in fact delicious! Can you remember when you'd have eaten all the onion, and all the entree plus the popcorn and candy in a movie??? Wow, you've transformed yourself. 1230 cals is a good total.

My back is acting up and I've been putting off doing my gardening. Just cant' do it at present. But yesterday I went for a good long walk... Standing up straight is a non painful position. I was gone 45 mins and walked at a quick pace. Sweated well... so Spark people gave me 366 cals for my exertion. I felt good about that.

Hot pack and then ICE for my back afterwards, plus some muscle relaxants too...

God I have sucha hard time getting pills into me now with the band. (MY only regret)

scale this morning was my friend... its moving a titch and I'm almost down to my 183 :P

I am going to keep tracking food and exersise - it seems to work for me.

:lol: when I do it!!!!

:lol:Good Morning Everyone;

Karri, have a good run... we look forward to the pictures later.

Janet; That food plan for yest. dosn't sound too bad at all... in fact delicious! Can you remember when you'd have eaten all the onion, and all the entree plus the popcorn and candy in a movie??? Wow, you've transformed yourself. 1230 cals is a good total.

My back is acting up and I've been putting off doing my gardening. Just cant' do it at present. But yesterday I went for a good long walk... Standing up straight is a non painful position. I was gone 45 mins and walked at a quick pace. Sweated well... so Spark people gave me 366 cals for my exertion. I felt good about that.

Hot pack and then ICE for my back afterwards, plus some muscle relaxants too...

God I have sucha hard time getting pills into me now with the band. (MY only regret)

scale this morning was my friend... its moving a titch and I'm almost down to my 183 :P

I am going to keep tracking food and exersise - it seems to work for me.

:lol: when I do it!!!!

Candice

Yep before I would have eaten a whole lot more - I would have drowned my popcorn in butter (did do 3 squirts) I would have eaten all the bread that they brought (had a pinch)

I think i am trying to come down with something - chest a little tight and got a headach...

Congrats on the scales moving - and I totally agree that keeping track of your eating and exericse is the key to being sucessfull..

Hi everyone, just checking in again. Sounds like everyone has been busy as usual and so much going on. Isn't it nice to see everyone's ticker showing their progress so far to the right? It's truly amazing how much we have accomplished!

I look at myself in the mirror and am surprised as well that I am actually think. In fact, sometimes I look almost anorexic around the shoulders and upper chesst. My ribs are prominent as is my collar bone and shoulders. But, I like how I look and wouldn't trade it for the world. Wish I didn't have the bat wings and the extra skin on the thighs, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Yesterday, the scale said 137.5 and I'm actually not really trying to lose any more weight, just eating sensibly, etc.

May go upstairs and exercise on my exercise bike or ride the bike or walk over to the pool and swim some laps. Not sure which yet. Feel like I'd like to do something though, just don't want to get too much sun as my skin is in pretty good shape for my age and just because I'm back in Florida, I don't want to damage it. The only thing I hate about the sun and pool is the need for suntan lotion. I use a 30 to 45 and hate the feel of it, but it's a necessity.

Take care and have a fun day!

Good that you took some time for yourself! And, Celebrate those NSV's! We'll all have to work on the "fat girl thinking"!!

We went to the Navy support facility today... I had my heart set on these shoes I saw two weeks ago and didn't buy! DH intimidates me about buying shoes... he thinks all anyone needs is two pairs of shoes! So we go back today to do some grocery shopping and now the smallest size they have is 7 1/2... way too big for me. AND, I wanted to look at clothes. First couldn't find anyone to help me, then only a guy. He says "how can I help you?" I say, " Do you have any clothes that aren't size 2 teeny bopper clothes???" He says they don't have any plus sizes anymore. I'd already figured that out so I had an attitude!! So I told him he also didn't have anything that anyone over 30 would wear!! So I went home frustrated, and with nothing but cauliflower, lettuce, etc.!! I did get some Tostito Queso in a jar.. only 40 calories for 2 Tbsp. Figured I can use 1 TBSP in my eggbeater omelet in the morning.

I found something called "Coromega" Orange Flavor Omega 3 Supplements.. about the consistency of yogurt or pudding, in squeeze tubes that you can either squeeze directly in to your mouth, or onto a spoon, or into something else like yogurt, etc. Only 20 calories, once a day, no sugar or artificial sweetner, colored with beta carotene, no dairy, yeast, wheat or gluten, tastes decent. I found it at Costco.. but Janet & I were told about it at a support group meeting we attended at her dr's office.

All these body image issues you gals are dealing with are getting scary!!

Yes, the "I am Ugly and Fat" struck last night. DH and I were invited out to a couples place for dinner. THe Hubby started talking about how fat Canadians have gotten, and that its really disgusting that people can't control themselves...yadayada, yada...

I wanted to shrink and hide under the table.. I felt like he was making an accusation to ME. On the way home I mentioned it to DH and he said "are you kidding, Babe you've done so well - I am proud of you and how far you've come"... it was nice to hear but how come I can't beleive it???:P

Hi everyone, just checking in again. Sounds like everyone has been busy as usual and so much going on. Isn't it nice to see everyone's ticker showing their progress so far to the right? It's truly amazing how much we have accomplished!

I look at myself in the mirror and am surprised as well that I am actually think. In fact, sometimes I look almost anorexic around the shoulders and upper chesst. My ribs are prominent as is my collar bone and shoulders. But, I like how I look and wouldn't trade it for the world. Wish I didn't have the bat wings and the extra skin on the thighs, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Yesterday, the scale said 137.5 and I'm actually not really trying to lose any more weight, just eating sensibly, etc.

May go upstairs and exercise on my exercise bike or ride the bike or walk over to the pool and swim some laps. Not sure which yet. Feel like I'd like to do something though, just don't want to get too much sun as my skin is in pretty good shape for my age and just because I'm back in Florida, I don't want to damage it. The only thing I hate about the sun and pool is the need for suntan lotion. I use a 30 to 45 and hate the feel of it, but it's a necessity.

Take care and have a fun day!

I know what you mean about the sunscreen, am very fair and I break out in itchy bumps if I go into the sun without a Blocker on... and I just LOVE the sun... I think it may be cause I am on Zoloft, I think I read somewhere that it causes sun sensitivity... anyone comment??:lol:

I know what you mean about the sunscreen, am very fair and I break out in itchy bumps if I go into the sun without a Blocker on... and I just LOVE the sun... I think it may be cause I am on Zoloft, I think I read somewhere that it causes sun sensitivity... anyone comment??:P

I get a terrible rash on my chest, arms and back if I'm out in the sun without sunscreen. I tried to find what my doctor called it but can't. I will tell you when I went to my dr. the first time and she said I was allergic to the sun I thought she was full of crap. Who is allergic to the sun???? So I then went to a well respected dermatologist in a different city the next summer that it happened and when he walked in he said, "Wow, I've never seen anyone with a worse sun allergy." I hadn't even mentioned that I had seen anyone else for it. He gave me the same treatment and the same words of advice. So I guess she wasn't crazy. My local doc gives me a shot each year of steroids and that seems to help.

I did a search on google and found PMLE. This sounds and looks like what happens to me, but the name doesn't sound right. I'm going in next week for my yearly shot, but it happens every summer and there are always 2 weeks of hell from it. It gets worse if I sweat or become overheated. I've been lucky so far this year.

Just thought I'd share that to see if it helps you.

I get a terrible rash on my chest, arms and back if I'm out in the sun without sunscreen. I tried to find what my doctor called it but can't. I will tell you when I went to my dr. the first time and she said I was allergic to the sun I thought she was full of crap. Who is allergic to the sun???? So I then went to a well respected dermatologist in a different city the next summer that it happened and when he walked in he said, "Wow, I've never seen anyone with a worse sun allergy." I hadn't even mentioned that I had seen anyone else for it. He gave me the same treatment and the same words of advice. So I guess she wasn't crazy. My local doc gives me a shot each year of steroids and that seems to help.

I did a search on google and found PMLE. This sounds and looks like what happens to me, but the name doesn't sound right. I'm going in next week for my yearly shot, but it happens every summer and there are always 2 weeks of hell from it. It gets worse if I sweat or become overheated. I've been lucky so far this year.

Just thought I'd share that to see if it helps you.

Thanks Stephanie; that is exactly what I have.....

wow, it was good to read.. didn't know it had a name and that it was so common 10 -15% of the population.

Okay...confessions....this is extremely ugly. If you have a weak stomach you may not want to read further. It could be terribly heartbreaking. If you want to sleep without nightmares....turn back now.

Okay...background. I was asked a couple of months ago to be a part of a 2 week workshop of math teachers across the state. It requires that I spend 10 days out at a lake....cabin shared with 3 others, workshop from 9-5 and then the evenings just to relax by the water.....I know...it's going to be the worst time I've ever spent! Anyways....DH says he doesn't care on two conditions. 1. I have to find something to do with the miniature quacks and 2. I have to clean my room before I go. The ANIMAL!! How dare he put that kind of pressure on me!

Okay, so my family has agreed to watch the kids while I'm stuck hating the lakeside. Thank goodness they don't have to go through that torture. I've been putting off the bedroom though. I must warn you all now.....I feel obligated...this is about to get icky!!!! Well....in case you've not gotten the idea in the last couple months....I'm a bit of a clothes horse. Others may say something a little less flattering but let's go with clothes horse. Now for some reason when it comes to my bedroom I am still a 15 year old girl who is in complete rebellion. You can't make me clean it! This is MY room. You would think I still lived with my mother. The rest of my house is pretty well organized...for having 3 quacks....but my bedroom is a complete hell hole. So....I've been putting it off.

So now I go in there and start on the first pile of stuff. I have 3 major piles. Almost everything is clean, just not put away. There is my stuff, LG's stuff, and LB's stuff. It honestly IS NOT ALL MINE!!! Okay....90% is. I admit it! My name is Stephanie and I'm a clothesaholic. I have thought of joining a 10 step program....but I guess I haven't hit bottom yet. Anyways....who has this many clothes???? Ummm...and worse....who has this many clothes, lives in the middle of nowhere with no one to impress, and complains she doesn't have anything to wear??????? I'm sick! Very sick. I'd like to say it was a transfer addiction, but I have complete wardrobes in 20's, 18's, 16's, 14's, and now starting in 12's. I could honestly start a thrift shop with just my clothes.

Okay...so...I've confessed. If I haven't come back in a couple of hours please call my house and see if I can come to the phone. If there is no answer send in a search party. I may have been avalanched.

Oh.....and does anyone else want to take me up on the offer I gave Phyl? I need to do something with these clothes!!!!!

Oh.....and does anyone else want to take me up on the offer I gave Phyl? I need to do something with these clothes!!!!!

Do you have any summer stuff in 12, 14 or 16? I've been checking thrift shops around here, but there's not much that I like. :)

Good luck with your room, and let me say I completely understand. I can organize other people like it's nobody's business, but I hat organizing myself. I'll do the laundry and even fold it, it just sits for a few days before I put it away.

~Nichole

I have complete wardrobes in 20's, 18's, 16's, 14's, and now starting in 12's. I could honestly start a thrift shop with just my clothes.

OH, my!! You definitely need help!!

OKay.... I need to be positive and say...

I will be in those 20's in no time!

I'll take the 20's... but I don't do dresses.

My legs are too ugly and

that's not going to change any time soon.

15_8_8.gif

Hey Gang!

I'm sorry I haven't been here in forever! I have been super busy w/life itself - job and moving. It seems like everyone is doing well.

I'm doing great w/my band. I've lost about 60-something lbs so far. I will have an appt this month, so I'll know exactly how much then. I can actually wear a 14!!!!!! WOW! I started at a 20...and still going down. I"m thrilled.

Well, I will definitely be checking back in w/ya'll tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Okay...I combined my 4 piles into one....and got all the laundry in the right pile. I'll go through it all day after tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to drive eldest quack to the child psych.....4 hours one way. So tomorrow won't work. But Tuesday I will go through all clothes and make a list of everything I have and let you all know. I honestly don't know what I have of what sizes.

It would be awesome if some of you could use them.

Dh and I went for a walk but it was short so I won't count as a session. Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up early and going for a long one before we leave for appointment.

Tonight dh and I are going to sit and watch some of our tivo'd stuff. It sure was a great weekend.

I'll be around on and off tonight. I'm sure I'll think of something more to say before bed.

Oh...dh just asked me to go to the drive in....so maybe not. It never gets done until midnight....so we'll see

did it...I did it...I did it! I ran a 5K under 30 minutes. I cut 2 full minutes off my personal best...and at higher altitude! 29:45...and we have pictures to prove it. Just not right now. They are on DH's non-digital camera. I think we are taking them to Fred Meyers to get them developed. I had an almost constant pace of 9:38 and there were 2 major hills and at higher elevation.

As for the after race run...it didn't go so well. My legs were TIRED! SO I walked/ran (mostly walked) 6.25 more miles. I only got to a little over 9 miles today but is still over 25 for the week so I am happy with that. I don't have any more 5K's so now it is JUST the half marathon to prepare for. Next week we will be back to the canyon and back to training. Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. My legs are VERY sore.

did it...I did it...I did it! I ran a 5K under 30 minutes. I cut 2 full minutes off my personal best...and at higher altitude! 29:45...and we have pictures to prove it. Just not right now. They are on DH's non-digital camera. I think we are taking them to Fred Meyers to get them developed. I had an almost constant pace of 9:38 and there were 2 major hills and at higher elevation.

As for the after race run...it didn't go so well. My legs were TIRED! SO I walked/ran (mostly walked) 6.25 more miles. I only got to a little over 9 miles today but is still over 25 for the week so I am happy with that. I don't have any more 5K's so now it is JUST the half marathon to prepare for. Next week we will be back to the canyon and back to training. Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. My legs are VERY sore.

Way to go!!!! I'm sure your legs are exhausted! Those are amazing times. Under 10 minute miles! You just keep beating your challenges. You give yourself a goal and BAM!! you've conquered it. I'm so impressed at how hard you work at beating your challenges. I wish I had half the gumption you do. Anyways....congrats!

Enjoy your victory.