Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

So there is good news, GREAT news, and well...to DH not so good news.

First good news! Doc cleared me for TT (I knew he would) and said that all of my nutritional testing is perfect!!!! Yeah!

Second great news! They are so excited about my weight loss that they are giving me a professional photo shoot in August in exchange for letting them use my pictures and story as a feature on their website, and the posters in their office. He was just thrilled and astonished at the amount of weight I have lost.

Okay not so great news. I am upping my calories YET AGAIN because I weighed in at 148 pounds at the doctor's office. Now...their scale is 2-3 pounds heavier than mine (which I consider official) That means that I could actually be as low as 145. That would make me at a normal BMI, but I really need to make the weightloss stop. I want to be at a stable weight for the next three weeks. So I am going to weigh in at home on Saturday (DH has to dig out the scale from its hiding place) and if I am at or below 148 we are upping the calories to 2000.

Well I am off to help at Senior Celebration...I get to be a "carnie" at the carnival. Then I need to run tonight (at least 4 miles...hopefully 5).

You go girl!!! I am so proud of you... and the photo shoot is too cool... we'll get copies of those photos too huh???

I think your plan to up your cals to 2000 is a sound choice. Your body is so efficiently 'burning' what you eat now that you are running.. Muscle burns more calories than fat tissue. So it makes sense to increase a bit more in order to stabalize and not continue to lose.

Do you think you might need a slight un-fill???

Regardless, you must be on top of the world and looking forward to your P.S.

You go girl!!! I am so proud of you... and the photo shoot is too cool... we'll get copies of those photos too huh???

I think your plan to up your cals to 2000 is a sound choice. Your body is so efficiently 'burning' what you eat now that you are running.. Muscle burns more calories than fat tissue. So it makes sense to increase a bit more in order to stabalize and not continue to lose.

Do you think you might need a slight un-fill???

Regardless, you must be on top of the world and looking forward to your P.S.

I wish I could get an unfill...but alas...I am already 100% unfilled...and believe it or not...I PB'd this morning. I am one of the lucky ones who has restriction from the band alone.

I am on top of the world. I am learning to not worry about gaining weight...slowly but surely. And I will be so glad when the PS is here. Fortunately I have the half-marathon to worry about so I keep pushing the PS out of my mind. Then I don't have to think about it! All that pain...in a binder in the middle of summer in the desert...all that pain...drains...all that pain... you get the picture!

Yes I will definetly post the pictures and put a link to the doctor's website when it gets up.

Well I am off to bed. I didn't get to run tonight so I am getting up early and going.

Karri - Congratulations

Janet - Loved all the compliments

Phyl - Happy Whale Watching, people used to watch me on the beach and try to push me back in the Water yelling, "Save it, save it!"

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:00. I hope they take me right away. I am very very nervous. I wasn't nervous at all for the band. If I have to wait it will be very bad. I have to stay at the hospital tomorrow night. I'll get back to you guys as soon as I can. Wish me luck, and say a prayer for me.

karri - Congratulations

janet - Loved All The Compliments

phyl - Happy Whale Watching, People Used To Watch Me On The Beach And Try To Push Me Back In The Water Yelling, "save It, Save It!"

i Have To Be At The Hospital Tomorrow Morning At 7:00. I Hope They Take Me Right Away. I Am Very Very Nervous. I Wasn't Nervous At All For The Band. If I Have To Wait It Will Be Very Bad. I Have To Stay At The Hospital Tomorrow Night. I'll Get Back To You Guys As Soon As I Can. Wish Me Luck, And Say A Prayer For Me.

denise

prayer - Good Thoughts - Love & Hugs

All For You Today For The Nerves - Tomorrow For The Nerves - Safe Surgery And Speedy Recovery..

xoxox

janet

Hi ladies. ... I hope all is going well with you all. I'm getting into this routine of being a SAHM. It is very different. In the past I have said, "this is summer vacation, I'm going to enjoy it! I've earned it!" Now I can't say it's summer vacation. I have to just get "in the groove." I can definitely say I'm out of mommy shape. Each day is getting a little easier, but I have been napping in the afternoons because I'm so exhausted. I need to stop that but they just wear me out!

Today we went to the park this morning and tonight I mowed the lawn. Besides lawn work this evening I think I cleaned the living room 3 times and did dishes twice. How in the world do they get everything so messy????

Phyl, enjoy those new grandbabies. How wonderful! And I hope you super enjoy your wale watching. I've never seen wales...or even been out on the ocean that I can remember. I'm probably lying, but not on purpose.....

Janet, those compliments must have been soooo awesome. I can't wait to finally see someone who blew me off as a fatty one of these days and just blow their minds! I know it's not the same, but I assume the feeling would be similar.

Karri, I love your news! I'm so impressed. And to get a free professional shoot! A definite triple plus. If that was your only great news it would have been awesome! But all of it adds up to a great great day!

Going to watch tv with my dh and relax. I'll talk to you all later. Have a great night.

Good Morning Gang...

TGIF !!!!

Well I am having a problem sort of - I am still in control but that old mentality is creeping in a little - I am stopping it but am afraid of it.

It's that well now you lost the weight - so you can eat again - No I can't

that's how I got fat in the 1st place - I have been fighting the urge to eat more morning noon and night - I have restriction - maybe could use .01 added - but am thinking about food too much...

I think I am going to go to they gym tonite - I ususaly just go M T W & Sat morning - but think I need to kick it up if I want to get these last 3 lbs gone...

Ok gotta get to work - just want to let you all know that I am not invincable and still very scard - but this has always been my fear - where will I be in 5 yrs.... I know stay in the moment and don't look down the road for problems :thumbup: sometimes easier said than done:crying:

Good Morning Gang...

TGIF !!!!

Well I am having a problem sort of - I am still in control but that old mentality is creeping in a little - I am stopping it but am afraid of it.

It's that well now you lost the weight - so you can eat again - No I can't

that's how I got fat in the 1st place - I have been fighting the urge to eat more morning noon and night - I have restriction - maybe could use .01 added - but am thinking about food too much...

I think I am going to go to they gym tonite - I ususaly just go M T W & Sat morning - but think I need to kick it up if I want to get these last 3 lbs gone...

Ok gotta get to work - just want to let you all know that I am not invincable and still very scard - but this has always been my fear - where will I be in 5 yrs.... I know stay in the moment and don't look down the road for problems :) sometimes easier said than done:crying:

This is where I was exactly afraid to get. I think about food all the time, and when I realized that I was never going to be able to eat like a normal thin person...that is when I freaked out and had my melt down. At least you are not throwing turkey sausages across the kitchen!:thumbup: It is the future that scares me. But for me that future is not in 5 years...its in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days. I constantly am fighting those fears. I really hope that I am not below 148 tomorrow morning because I don't want to up my calories. I want to be able to stay at 1800 because if I go to 2000 that means that I have to eat more and have to think MORE about food. Sure the fat person in me wants to be able to go to 2000 calories because the fat person ALWAYS wants to eat. The new me doesn't want to go to 2000 calories because I feel like I am giving in and that I will lose the incredible control that I have.

We can and will do this. We have fended off the demons, but I don't think we will ever BEAT them. I do believe they will always be there. We just have to learn to live with them in a way where we don't harm ourselves mentally (like I am) or physically (by putting the weight back on). Together we are stronger!

This is where I was exactly afraid to get. I think about food all the time, and when I realized that I was never going to be able to eat like a normal thin person...that is when I freaked out and had my melt down. At least you are not throwing turkey sausages across the kitchen!:) It is the future that scares me. But for me that future is not in 5 years...its in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days. I constantly am fighting those fears. I really hope that I am not below 148 tomorrow morning because I don't want to up my calories. I want to be able to stay at 1800 because if I go to 2000 that means that I have to eat more and have to think MORE about food. Sure the fat person in me wants to be able to go to 2000 calories because the fat person ALWAYS wants to eat. The new me doesn't want to go to 2000 calories because I feel like I am giving in and that I will lose the incredible control that I have.

We can and will do this. We have fended off the demons, but I don't think we will ever BEAT them. I do believe they will always be there. We just have to learn to live with them in a way where we don't harm ourselves mentally (like I am) or physically (by putting the weight back on). Together we are stronger!

Karri

I agree this will be a battle for our entire lives.. No I am not throwing ck sauages or anything else :)- I am just very aware of my thinking :thumbup:- I will not really be hungry but want to eat :blink:- this is what I really hate :thumbup:- I have been tired and just like you it's a big food trigger.:laugh:

popcorn is my life saver - but I will tell you - I WILL NOT BUY JUNK TO HAVE IN THE HOUSE... For me it's about the avoidance

I am getting a little concerned - going out of town next weekend - I won't be controling what I eat to the degree that i do now and also my vegas weekend is comming up -

But I think that I am so aware of all these issues - it will help me make good choice and make sure I get my exercise in...

Yep together we will get there..

Ok I have been cking thread all day - where is everyone???

Denise - Hope all went well for you today - You have been im my thoughts and prayers.

Ok gang - I am off to bed - wishing everyone sweet dreams..

Hi ladies. Not much going on today. Did 45 mins of wii aerobics. I ran for 20 mins in 5 minute runs. Big news is .... I RAN!!!! I wanted to die each time...but I stuck it out each time and clicked retry each time instead of quit.... The step aerobics was getting a little better. I tried the second game that was unlocked but haven't tried the next one. I am very uncoordinated I can tell you.

Went out for fish tonight but it was crappy. The service sucked and we waited 2 hours for a crappy meal. It was very discouraging....but it saved my calories I guess.

I'll be on tomorrow to chat with you all but tonight I think it's a good night to just crawl into bed. Have a nice night ladies....you're probably in bed anyways.....sleep well.

Hi Everybody,

I just got home. I'm very sore. I'm going to sleep, check in later

Hey there girl - Glad to hear that you are home and doing ok - get yiour rest you need it to heal - let us know details when you can...

I am thinking about arms & tummy p.s. and boob lift - I don't want implants but I would sorta like perky boobs - they would be a b (maybe) if they cut off all the extra skin. But I am afraid of the pain... I am a baby..

TTYL

xoxox

Janet

Janet - A good PS will make sure you are not in pain. Mine is giving me a pain pump which constantly delievers a numbing medication to the muscle area for 48 hours after the surgery. Then I am to be on pain meds (liquid vicoden) every 4 hours for a week. I should be coherent!! Her belief is that you heal better when you are in less pain because your body is not stressed.

I need some of that pain med NOW. I just did 7 miles. I think I ran about 5 of the miles. I am having problems with hyperventilating and it is RUINING my workouts. Tomorrow is my LOOOOOOOONNNNGGG run and I hope that it is better than it was today.

Off to ice my legs then we are gong to see KungFu Panda today.

Denise- Glad to hear that you are home and safe.