Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

18_3_110.gif CONGRATULATIONS, KARRIE ! ! !WAY TO GO GIRL. you have my utmost respect. I don't think I could run to save my life. Keep up the good work.

SHORT UPDATE ON ME: I canceled my fill tomorrow. I do NOT need it. (about time) This cold I have has really knocked me for a loop. Healthy, I have a lung capacity of around 70%(smoking and legionaire's disease) so I figure it's probably only around 50%. 7_5_141.gifPedaled an hour this morning and then went to the gym. Did a half mile on the treadmill and then the weight machines. I am totally exhausted. NAPTIME ! !

I've been reading a lot about sizes here, lately. Can you believe, 93 pounds and one size. ONE SIZE ! ! ! That sucks. I'm getting tired of going around looking like a clown but I am too cheap to get new clothes. It's too depressing to only be one size smaller. Why bother? Frustrating.

OKAY, ENOUGH PITY PARTY HERE. TIME FOR lunch. WILL CHECK BACK LATER.

DON'T FORGET YOUR Water, LADIES. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ENJOY28_1_19.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Hey gang - Had company yesterday and had to catch on on my Lost that I had tivo'd

Karri - WAY TO GO :thumbup: CONGRATULATIONS BABY GIRL :w00t: YOU ARE AWESOME:tongue:

Steph - just bag the stuff up that you know doesn't fit - don't look at it - don't think Oh I loved this - just throw it in the bag - then put it your trunk and take it to the local homeless shelter - don't think just do it... (this is what I did :lol:)

Kari

I need to talk to your daughter again - I bet you have changed more than one size in 93 lbs - CONGRATS ON THE 93 LBS and exercise...

Hey Chim - we did wonder what happend to you again...

Candice - Denise - Linda - Nicole - Jackie - Ruby HI!!!

Gotta get back to work cbl :blink:

Hey Everybody,

CONGRATULATIONS KARRI !!!!!!! :lol:

I went to get some unfill this morning before my surgery. She took out .4. I'm afraid I'll swell and won't be able to swallow. I was very tight. This month I averaged 800cals. a day, and exercised a lot. Now sit down for the rest...

I lost....

Are you sitting?

3.5 pounds :thumbup:

Is this ridiculous slow or what? Hopefully, I'll lose at least 6lbs with surgery. Notice I took my ticker down, it depresses me.

Now sit down for the rest... I lost....

Are you sitting?

3.5 pounds :wink2:

Is this ridiculous slow or what? Hopefully, I'll lose at least 6lbs with surgery. Notice I took my ticker down, it depresses me.

Hey!! 3.5 lb sounds GREAT to me!!

Not ridiculous at all!!

My weigh in this morning??

I'm down 1/4 lb for the month of May!!

:lol::mellow::smile2:

I WILL DO BETTER IN JUNE!!!

Get that ticker back up there!!!

PROGRESS IS PROGRESS!!

I can deal with slow as long as it's in the right direction. Just think about where I was a year ago and it keeps me pressing on! I will admit, I shed a few tears two weeks ago when, at our TOPS weigh in, I "turtled" (stayed the same)! But, we can't let it get us down when we get stalled.

I even changed my ticker even though it was only 1/4 lb.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

And, as Janet likes to remind us,

we didn't get this way overnight,

and we're not going to lose it overnight!

Denise

Put your ticker back up and get in more calories - yes I said it - I vary mine - one day 800 next 1000 so on and so forth.

I know that most of you look at Karri & Me as we are at goal weight and think why them (it's ok that is a human - I know that you are all happy for us but if the shoe was on the other foot I would be jealous) - I don't know what to tell you - I am shocked to - but what I gather from everyones post - Karri & I are pretty ridge in what we eat and don't eat (Karri more so than me) but heck - for the last 10 1/2 months I have eating about 100 tons of catfish most nights for dinner where everyone else is eating what they cook for family - I don't have much going on and don't go out to eat very much or am I at parties etc where I have a lot of temptations.

I have rarely ever gone over my calorie budget and I work my ass off at the gym and Karri triples my workouts - I log my calories and I do eat

I really think that is the key - eating - I know it sounds funny but you have to fuel your body with good fuel high octane stuff and not crap.

Exercise - weight training and building muscle does burn more calories back in April I wanted to lose 16 lbs before I went to Vegas - I really didn't think it was possible so gave up - well you know what I am 3 lbs away from that goal and I have 3 weeks to get there. Who knows if I will but I am alot closer than I ever thought I could be...

Just ask Ruby increasing the intensity of your workouts will help facilitate your weight loss (as long as you don't eat more to compensate for the extra exercise)

Phyl - You haven't gotten your exercise like to did here when you were going to the pool all the time. You Wii is good but I bet the Water stuff burned more calories - and we know your body might not lost much in May but in June you will lose like 10 lbs all at once.

Before I went on vacation DD and I went to TJ Maxx to get me somethings to wear. I tried on a skirt in a 14 and 12. The 12 was too tight, but I liked it so much I bought both sizes and wore the 14 on vacation. So today I wanted to wear the skirt to work. I grabbed the 14, put it on, and thought, "It's kinda baggy" so I tried on the 12, and it fit perfectly. Now I last weighed myself on Friday, and my weight hadn't changed. But I still went down a size. That's the thing about sizes--they're not always related to weight. I've noticed that before too. That when I'm on a plateau weight-wise, I go down size-wise. I also still wear some of the things that I had 100 pounds ago, but believe me, they don't fit the same!

On another topic: I'm planning a shower for my future daughter in law on July 5. Anyone have any ideas? The wedding will be an outdoor wedding in her parent's back yard, follwed by a pig-roast. I'm at a loss for a theme and the obligatory shower games.

Before I went on vacation DD and I went to TJ Maxx to get me somethings to wear. I tried on a skirt in a 14 and 12. The 12 was too tight, but I liked it so much I bought both sizes and wore the 14 on vacation. So today I wanted to wear the skirt to work. I grabbed the 14, put it on, and thought, "It's kinda baggy" so I tried on the 12, and it fit perfectly. Now I last weighed myself on Friday, and my weight hadn't changed. But I still went down a size. That's the thing about sizes--they're not always related to weight. I've noticed that before too. That when I'm on a plateau weight-wise, I go down size-wise. I also still wear some of the things that I had 100 pounds ago, but believe me, they don't fit the same!

On another topic: I'm planning a shower for my future daughter in law on July 5. Anyone have any ideas? The wedding will be an outdoor wedding in her parent's back yard, follwed by a pig-roast. I'm at a loss for a theme and the obligatory shower games.

Linda

Congrats on the size 12 - way to go :(

Is the shower you are giving personal or house hold stuff - I would let her gf's give her the personal shower and you the household kind - Well that's unless you want to see all the emotion lotions and sexy stuff her gf are going to give her - as a mom - I don't think that my kids are having sex (got 3 grandkids - but my son will always be my baby tmi for me:lol:)

Game - you can get books at the party store for that stuff (ideas for games)- it's been ages since I have been to a bridal shower maybe Jackie - Steph - Karri might have been to some lately...

Well just got back from the gym - my sessions are now at 5:30 and I have another girl who I am working with so cuts my cost in half - good thing cuz my stupid pool heater came on all by itself and my gas bill was $229 - it's usually 35 - I just about died. The pool guy shut the gas off all together so it won't happen again - this happened once before...

Plus summer coming and electric is going to be going up and the price of gas $4.11 on Saturday - $50 buck for 1/2 tank... I have a hemi it eats gas...

Well it's 7 gotta feed the dogs and start my dinner - cbl :drool:

I have to agree with Janet...(and not just the obligatory daughter agreeing!) Your body needs fuel. I am REALLY learning this with running. I have my Protein Bar that I will eat almost every day, but it is doesn't not have a lot of carbs in it. Before I go for a long run I have to have carbs...not crap carbs but a Protein bar meant for vigourous workoutsm, my daily one doesn't work. I can't workout if I haven't eaten. So when you up your workouts you have to up the calores (a few!) but with GOOD foods. I am convinced that calories are not created equal. For one thing your body has to work harder to break down proteins...that is one reason that we are told to eat Proteins first. If you look at the biochemistry of the body...the process for breaking down proteins is long and complicated (I know I had to memorize the process for a class!) but the process for breaking down simple carbs is taught in 7 grade! You tell me which one is easier. Then you have veggies...a significant portion of veggies can't even be broken down by your body...we just don't have the chemicals to do it. So again...you stay fuller longer and your body has to work harder (and therefore use more energy) to break those down.

So Denise...eat a little bit more. Vary your calories. I did this when I was in the losing phase. I would be at 700 one day and 900 the next. I was VERY lucky in that I didn't plateau...but I also didn't really "live" when it came to food. I can count on 1 hand the number of times that I had foods that were not considered healthy. We have all established that I am obsessive when it comes to food. But you were the first to point out that it might not be healthy. Even though I have lost the weight very quickly, there are parts of me that wish it would have been slower. My brain can't keep up. Not to mention that when it comes to food...I am tense and anxious over it all the time. My bet is you don't start to cry every time you go to a restaurant. I haven't made it through one meal at a restaurant in weeks without tears.

SO put the ticker back up there and be PROUD of what you HAVE accomplished and not upset about what is to come. WHo the heck knows...you might just start dropping weight like a brick. It hasn't happened yet...but you can't predict what will happen.

You might actually find that you will lose more weight with the small amount of unfill that you just had. If you were really tight it might be that you weren't getting enough nutrition...thereby shutting down your fat burning machine. We can't compare ourselves to each other because we are all very different and in very different situations.

Good luck and when is your surgery?

I have to agree with Janet...(and not just the obligatory daughter agreeing!) Your body needs fuel. I am REALLY learning this with running. I have my Protein bar that I will eat almost every day, but it is doesn't not have a lot of carbs in it. Before I go for a long run I have to have carbs...not crap carbs but a protein bar meant for vigourous workoutsm, my daily one doesn't work. I can't workout if I haven't eaten. So when you up your workouts you have to up the calores (a few!) but with GOOD foods. I am convinced that calories are not created equal. For one thing your body has to work harder to break down proteins...that is one reason that we are told to eat Proteins first. If you look at the biochemistry of the body...the process for breaking down proteins is long and complicated (I know I had to memorize the process for a class!) but the process for breaking down simple carbs is taught in 7 grade! You tell me which one is easier. Then you have veggies...a significant portion of veggies can't even be broken down by your body...we just don't have the chemicals to do it. So again...you stay fuller longer and your body has to work harder (and therefore use more energy) to break those down.

So Denise...eat a little bit more. Vary your calories. I did this when I was in the losing phase. I would be at 700 one day and 900 the next. I was VERY lucky in that I didn't plateau...but I also didn't really "live" when it came to food. I can count on 1 hand the number of times that I had foods that were not considered healthy. We have all established that I am obsessive when it comes to food. But you were the first to point out that it might not be healthy. Even though I have lost the weight very quickly, there are parts of me that wish it would have been slower. My brain can't keep up. Not to mention that when it comes to food...I am tense and anxious over it all the time. My bet is you don't start to cry every time you go to a restaurant. I haven't made it through one meal at a restaurant in weeks without tears.

SO put the ticker back up there and be PROUD of what you HAVE accomplished and not upset about what is to come. WHo the heck knows...you might just start dropping weight like a brick. It hasn't happened yet...but you can't predict what will happen.

You might actually find that you will lose more weight with the small amount of unfill that you just had. If you were really tight it might be that you weren't getting enough nutrition...thereby shutting down your fat burning machine. We can't compare ourselves to each other because we are all very different and in very different situations.

Good luck and when is your surgery?

Karri

You are so much better at explaining stuff than me - right on this is what I was trying to say in a hurried fashion...

In fact tonight my trainer was telling this same thing to my new exercise partner you gotta eat to lose weight.. We are all really shocked to hear that - we think we can't eat - it's that we can't eat crap - good food not crap..

Ok it's 8:30 dinners done and I need to veg for a bit before bed

So talk to you all tomorrow - sweet dreams

xoxoxox

janet

Today was the beginning of the month in my exercise regime. I always take Sunday off. So I started off my day as usual on the treadmill and increased my speed and incline by .2 and 1 respectively. It was a little tougher, but I think even this will feel easy in a couple of weeks. Maybe.

Then I went to the gym again tonight. Typically with my evening workouts I'll do weights for upper arms, but I was looking for something different. I got on the rowing machine just as I have this past month. I usually do 20 minutes on that. For the first 10 minutes I did as I usually do. When pulling back I pull to my mid-section. Then for the next 10 minutes I changed things up and pulled towards my chest. Holy schmoly what a difference! :thumbup: It worked a whole different set of muscles just changing my technique a little. I really felt it. With 2 minutes to go I was dripping sweat and it felt like my arms were about to drop off. But I hung in there and about collapsed when I was done. :thumbup: That was just the start of what I had planned for my workout. :thumbup:

I rested for 10 minutes while changing into my swimsuit. I was all ready to get in the pool and do some laps, but when I got to the pool area, all the lanes were being used. :thumbup: So I took out my ear plugs (I have inner ear issues and have to wear them) and decided to do something different and went into the sauna. I had intended being in there for 20 minutes. This is a new thing to me so I didn't know what was right or safe for the first time. I only lasted 12 minutes. Partly because it felt like my upper left thigh was beginning to burn from the heat, partly because I was worried my iPod would explode. :drool:

When I came out there were free lanes in the pool. I hopped in the pool but realised I'd taken my ear plugs out and left them in my locker. :( I couldn't be bothered going back to retrieve them so decided I'd just use a kickboard and do 10 laps kicking with my legs. My arms were still tired anyway. I don't know if it was in my head or what, but going in one direction it always felt like I was working my way uphill. :thumbup:

I ache now. But it's a good ache. I feel really pleased with my efforts today and this evening. It's one of those rare days when I have the energy of a 3 year old. Tomorrow I may feel like an 83 year old. :thumbup:

But that's not the end of it. When I was walking out one of the trainers approached me. He'd just gotten back from a few months absence and was looking for new "victims". :thumbup: I was in a good mood and decided to take him up on his offer of a free evaluation. So I have that planned for Wed evening. He said we'd go over my exercise history, look at what goals I have, where I'm at physically, etc. I haven't told him I've had the surgery but will. I am SO not doing any ab work. I don't have to because I plan on getting a Tummy Tuck. :eek: I also have to tell him that I have osteo-arthritis in my right knee, so can't do any lunges or lengthy runs. I've tried a few times to jog on the treadmill but my knee really does not like it. So I'm going to see what he thinks he can do with/for me. It might do me good to have someone push me in the exercise area. Someone other than my husband. He's the most wonderful man in the world, but I would rather not hate him for "bullying" and "hurting" me with exercise. Better to swear and hate someone you pay for that privilege. :thumbup:

Anyway, that's my news. I'm also still planning on going back to aikido again tomorrow for my first return session. I hope I don't burn myself out. I'm really, REALLY enjoying exercising. :biggrin2:

Hey guys...just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm still hanging in there. It's been so nice to actually eat again. Not like I used to, I'm still eating small portions, but I haven't had any reflux since I had the unfil last week. YEAH!!

Anyways, I may not be around much in the next couple of months. I'll really do my best to pop in, but I'm a little crazy about graduating in December, so I'm being a little dumb and taking 12 credit hours in 8 weeks. It's going to be a lot, but I know if I can keep myself organized that I can do it.

For those of you struggling with how much you have lost, I understand. But, I also have come to realize not losing as much as I could have is my own fault. I haven't always made the right food choices, and I definitely don't exercise like I should. That being said, I'm trying to fit that in more this summer too. I think I'm going to ride my bike outside for a while after class before I start homework. That way I can start with a fresh mind. :(

Well, I gotta jet as I've been on my fricken computer all day trying to get all my assignments and classes put into Outlook. I'll try to post when I can over the next couple of months. :drool:

I miss you guys!!

~Nichole

I wanted to post a picture from DH and I at Arches National Park this last week when we were up in Moab, UT. :(

I think I shrunk it enough that it will fit.

Thanks for all the posts on encouragement, they were very sweet.

I am losing slow, but I am still very happy that I am losing. If I had not lost weight, I would not be getting in my pool. Even in my own backyard with a 6 foot fence, I would not have done it.

Linda - Google: Ideas for wedding showers, OR, party games for wedding showers, OR, themes for wedding showers, OR use the word bridal in place of wedding.

What ever you need, it's on the web for free. It's amazing!

My friend liked cows when she got married, so everyone gave her cow crap. She then started to hate cows, and didn't want the crap, but felt obligated to use it.

IMHO, if she has something she collects, do not let everyone know. When you collect something, the joy is in the memory of collecting it yourself.

I was supposed to have surgery today. It would have been happening any minute. So I just remembered to say a little prayer for the reconstructive surgery person taking my place. As each day goes on, I am getting really nervous. I think I'm having plumbing problems, because of my nerves. Oh, whoa is me.

Speaking of plumbing, The PS said that I have to take laxative after surgery because straining will cause capillaries to pop.

Any brand suggestions? I'm trying stuff now. It's not working, but I'm thinking, it may be nerves.

Denise when is your new surgery date? I'm excited for you. I plan on getting a TT at the beginning of fall. I don't want to go through the summer without being able to spend time in the pool. I'm looking forward to hearing your and Karri's surgery stories. :thumbup:

I'm feeling good this morning. Not as energetic as yesterday. Instead of energy I have an active appetite instead. :frown: It's been forever since I was hungry in the morning. I've had a cup of coffee and that seems to have curbed it a little. I'll have my usual Protein Shake in a little bit as well.

Janet - since I'm contemplating using the services of a personal trainer, could you tell me how much you pay for yours and how many sessions a week or month it gives you. I want a ball park figure to consider.