Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I agree this will be a battle for our entire lives.. :thumbup:- I am just very aware of my thinking :)- I will not really be hungry but want to eat :thumbup:- this is what I really hate :thumbup:- I have been tired and just like you it's a big food trigger.:thumbup:

popcorn is my life saver - but I will tell you - I WILL NOT BUY JUNK TO HAVE IN THE HOUSE... For me it's about the avoidance

I am getting a little concerned - going out of town next weekend - I won't be controling what I eat to the degree that i do now and also my vegas weekend is comming up -

But I think that I am so aware of all these issues - it will help me make good choice and make sure I get my exercise in...

Yep together we will get there..

Just back from our 3 days in Victoria BC and relating to this discussion! The temptations of being away from home and out of normal routine!! I DID make good choices... But I also had a few treats. Like ONE Victoria Cream from my favorite chocolate shop in Victoria. DH bought one for each of us and a small box to take home to DD & SIL who bought us the cruise tickets for Christmas. Victoria Creams from Rogers are just a tad smaller than an Oreo cookie! I savored mine for about 4 hours. Take a nibble, wrap it back up and put it back in my purse for a while. Thurs & Fri night we bought one dinner, one salad and/or appetizer and split everything. Added bonus.... much cheaper!! High prices in Victoria! Found a Breakfast place we liked... ordered off the Sr menu today, and I still gave DH all my toast except for one small piece and 1/2 of my breakfast. Small bowl of chowder and a scallop taco for lunch. Tonight we had salmon dinner on the boat. Just a small boat, but we were impressed with the nice meal they served. We had wild rice, salad, salmon & chicken. I tried a very small piece of chicken and it stayed down this time! Took the skin off, ate slow! My worst cheat the whole trip was probably the two bottles of wine we shared... one Thurs night and one Friday night. And a few bites of desert tonight.

It is SO HARD....being away from home and trying to eat right! It WILL definitely be a lifetime battle.

ONE day at a time!

Now I'm worried about that long July train trip to M of A and Buffalo!

Just back from our 3 days in Victoria BC and relating to this discussion! The temptations of being away from home and out of normal routine!! I DID make good choices... But I also had a few treats. Like ONE Victoria Cream from my favorite chocolate shop in Victoria. DH bought one for each of us and a small box to take home to DD & SIL who bought us the cruise tickets for Christmas. Victoria Creams from Rogers are just a tad smaller than an Oreo cookie! I savored mine for about 4 hours. Take a nibble, wrap it back up and put it back in my purse for a while. Thurs & Fri night we bought one dinner, one salad and/or appetizer and split everything. Added bonus.... much cheaper!! High prices in Victoria! Found a breakfast place we liked... ordered off the Sr menu today, and I still gave DH all my toast except for one small piece and 1/2 of my breakfast. Small bowl of chowder and a scallop taco for lunch. Tonight we had salmon dinner on the boat. Just a small boat, but we were impressed with the nice meal they served. We had wild rice, salad, salmon & chicken. I tried a very small piece of chicken and it stayed down this time! Took the skin off, ate slow! My worst cheat the whole trip was probably the two bottles of wine we shared... one Thurs night and one Friday night. And a few bites of desert tonight.

It is SO HARD....being away from home and trying to eat right! It WILL definitely be a lifetime battle.

ONE day at a time!

Now I'm worried about that long July train trip to M of A and Buffalo!

Morning Phyl; Sounds like you had a super success with your food.... I would not have had that much control with chocolate! Good for you!!!

What was the name of the little ship restaurant? I am curious because when I lived there I took my Mom there a lot to eat..... if it is the same place. Awesome food!

Glad you had such a fun tim ..Candice:thumbup:.

Hi Everybody,

I just got home. I'm very sore. I'm going to sleep, check in later

Keep comfortable today and take any pain meds as ordered.. Sending you LOVE & Prayers & Kisses!!!

That is a great read, so great that I printed it out and I am keeping it in my W/L binder for future reference..

Victory Day!!!! I am finally caught up to my 'ticker' below and weighed in this morning at 183 :sad: :driving: :huggie: :incazzato:

[/url] Hello everyone. Sorry I have been MIA so long. I am just getting used to the meds they put me on. Wow they knock me for a loop! 4_1_200v.gif   36_1_50.gif  They make me REALLY tired and 'drunk' feeling. Those side effects are going away some now. The 'drunk' feeling anyway during the day. I have been pretty stressed out and feeling down so I went back to the doc and he put me on antidepressants and antianxiety meds. I do have to say I feel some better but not great. They told me it would take 6 weeks for them to totally be in my system. They put me on zoloft and that treats OCD (not why they put me on it) and low and behold I have been deep cleaning my house 1 TIME A WEEK!!! I have not ever done that. I do my daily dusting sweeping vacuuming and laundry but I don't get so stressed about the house anymore. That I feel so much better about.

Well after my last fill my scales have started to move great. Hoping it keep up but I know myself and I will hit a couple more plateaus before I get to goal. But for now I am happy. I really need to get back into exercise but as I mentioned before I have had absolutely no energy for it. I plan to change that this week. We had a bad storm on Thursday night and our yard was a mess with leaves and branches. I went out and cleaned my yard and then I went and cleaned my in laws for the exercise and I tell you my legs are still hurting today. All the bending and lunges. My sound weird but I like it when I have a little pain because I know I have worked those muscles.

Well you all sound like you are doing great. I have kept up with the reading so I staying updated.

Gotta go. Rainy day hear and I am going to read and nap all day.

Missed you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Morning Phyl; Sounds like you had a super success with your food.... I would not have had that much control with chocolate! Good for you!!!

What was the name of the little ship restaurant? I am curious because when I lived there I took my Mom there a lot to eat..... if it is the same place. Awesome food!

Glad you had such a fun tim ..Candice:thumbup:.

Hi,

We were on a San Juan Islands whale watching cruise to Victoria... name of the ship was the Victoria Star.. just a small boat, about 140 capacity. So, not really a restaurant. Just a small kitchen, but they did a great job on the dinner. While in Victoria we ate at Periklis on Yates St... my favorite Greek restaurant from years ago when I use to go up there with a group of friends. Still the same owners, cook, etc and they are about to Celebrate their 29th anniversary. Had great chowder at a little walk up place down by the seaplanes called "Red Fish, Blue Fish". Not too much has changed down in the inner harbor. Except now they charge an arm and a leg to get in to the BC Provincial Museum! Used to be free, didn't it?? But we got our money back because before we left I complained that too much of their museum is not handicap accessible. Too many steps to see too many things... like my favorite, the saw mill display. I can do a few steps, but that was too much.

16_5_21.gif PHYL-Sounds like you had a great time. BUT........did you see any whales? You mention food quite a bit, but I figure you didn't see any whales cause you weren't turned off food. LOL

This morning at church, my dear, darling baby girl came up to me and told me I was getting too skinny. BLESS HER HEART. I think she's my favorite out of my three kids.

HAVE A GOOD DAY. KEEP COOL AND DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR Water.< /span>

28_1_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

16_5_21.gif PHYL-Sounds like you had a great time. BUT........did you see any whales? You mention food quite a bit, but I figure you didn't see any whales cause you weren't turned off food. LOL

You got it.

NO WHALES!

We "think" we saw some on the way up, but,

in the pouring rain it was hard to see!!

But we saw these black fins circling around,

quite a few of them actually,

but they were pretty far away.

Sorry about all the food talk.

I guess it was a big struggle

or I wouldn't keep talking about it! Really, the highlights of the trip....

Butchart Gardens on Friday and

the fantastic scenery

on the cruise back to Bellingham last night.

Hi ladies. Hope you had a great weekend. I had a very busy one. I'm leaving tomorrow for my mom's house and for the class I'm doing for 2 weeks. I'll be around most nights though. I'll check in and let you all know what's going on.

I'm really looking forward to leaving and letting the carpenter get on with my bathroom. I'm getting really tired of sharing DH's and his whining that we're messing it up. He can be such a whiner. By the time I get home mine should be finished. I'm just really glad that they waited until after school was out to get it started. Not having a tub has been quite a challenge with the 16 month old and the 3 year old.

I went through all my clothes today. It was rather depressing. The sad part was that I couldn't believe how big they were. And I thought I looked nice in them. And then I found our family picture from November. And I wanted to cry. I can't believe that I was that big. I'm not going to have a chance to go through them before I leave and put up a list for you all....but there were 4 garden size black bags full. I'll do it when I get back in a few weeks.

When I weighed in this morning I was under 160!!! It was absolutely a beautiful day!!!!

Well... I did a ton today and I'm beat. My back is killing me sitting here trying to do this so I'm going to call it a night. Have a great week ladies.

There was more I was going to say to each of you but I'll do it before I leave tomorrow morning. Nighty night!!!

This is going to be a long day so I wanted to check in early with everyone.

Denise - I hope you are feel great and are on the mend.

Phyl - I went to Victoria with my mom one year and had to push her everywhere in a wheelchair:confused_smile:....Victoria as a whole is not very handicap friendly!!! However, it is gorgeous. We would love to do a cruise...but not until after all the medical is paid off :thumbdown:for me or DH gets a better/second job.

Steph - I know what you mean about clothes. I got rid of most of mine but I will have to do another sweep after surgery.

As for me...I ran 11 straight miles yesterday:thumbup:...and I have the battle wounds to prove it. There is a picture of my "run" burn on my blog if you want to check it out. Basically all of my clothes (except for the outfit that I am currently wearing) are WAAAAYYYY to big.:smile: This includes my spanx-ish type garments that I have to wear when I run. They are too big in the legs but not so much in the belly. Well while running yesterday they chaffed my leg....well really both legs. :tongue2: Then my sports bra rubbed so much that I am chaffed under both breasts (blood on the sports bra) :crying: and on my arm. Damn loose skin!! Despite all of that...I did get in my 12 miles. I am pretty certain that I can finish the half-marathon. I won't be 100% certain until I cross the finish line, but my confidence is growing. :smile:

Last week of school:thumbup::scared2::thumbup:, but that means a lot of work. Finals to grade, classroom to clean out, inventory of chemicals to do, ordering for next year, final grade calculations...yadda, yadda, yadda! So I will check in when I can. Then next week...free to do double workouts!:wub:

Good Morning Gang

I had company this weekend - so didn't get on the computer...

Peaches & Steph - Congrats on the weight loss :smile:

Karri - Congrats on the running - and the info of the PS - I just gotta get the name of the one my doc suggested - maybe next yr or this Nov/Dec.

Phyl - You did good on the food issues - 1 piece of choc is what a normal person would do - not really you did better :tongue2:

Kari - Too skinny - give her a hug - My son is here (he was/is the company) asked me if I needed an intervention on my weight loss - said nope - 3 lbs and I am done :biggrin2:

I have 8th grade graduation tonite - it's messing with my exercise - graduation is 7 but gd has to be there at 6;15 - plus you gotta get a seat - may just go exercise for til 5 30 - can't beleived i am saying I hate missing my exercise

Good morning ladies. I know I've been absent for a few days. My son finished school for the summer on Thursday and we've been hanging out a lot since then. Yesterday my hubby spent most of the day rebuilding my Mac. He's still not finished yet. I won't bore you with the geek details. My son has taken a break from playing on his laptop (another build project courtesy of hubby) so I've been given "permission" :smile: by him to use it for a while.

It's been an interesting week for me. I've upped my exercise regime, but think I overdid it to begin with as I was totally wiped out for my personal trainer appointment on Wednesday so missed that. Thursday we went to Celebrate the end of school, Friday and Saturday I had aikido, Sunday we spent the day by the pool. So I haven't been able to go back to the gym this week. So Janet, I still don't know how much the Trainer sessions would cost.

I've been really enjoying the extra exercise though. It's like I've been given a brand new toy to play with. I don't know what's changed, but I'm not arguing with it.

One, so far, negative side effect is that I've gained weight. At the beginning of the week (Mon 2 June) I weighed 172lbs. Midweek I went down to 170. For my official weigh-in on Saturday I was up to 175! :smile: When I stepped on the scales and saw the number I was annoyed. ANNOYED! I didn't get angry, I didn't get depressed, I didn't get frustrated, I was just annoyed. I still am. And THAT I feel, is a huge step forward. Yeah it sucks that I gained weight. Big time. But it's a huge accomplishment that it didn't send me into a depressive spiral. I know there are a few things going on. My increase in activity, my impending period (this week) and the extra fluids I've been drinking as a result of my extra exercise. I haven't over-eaten. In fact for a couple of days last week I couldn't get any food in at all because my restriction was tight. I stuck with Soup, coffe and Water.< /p>

I think I'm finally getting this head thing figured out. I don't expect to never go back to "fat" thinking again, that will be unrealistic. But for the first time I actually honestly believe that I will not gain the weight back again. Strange that a gain in weight would show me that. :wub: I will have set-backs and slow downs but I will not become obese again.

I'm not afraid of getting to my goal weight. I'm not afraid if it takes me another 6 months or more to lose this last 25lbs. If I can be happy living on a plateau, I can be happy living on maintenance. It's not going to mean I can never have an ice cream or a piece of cake again. I can. And I can even enjoy doing so without the guilt trip. I'm no longer afraid of food.

This is the mentality I need for the rest of my life. I'm going to have days when I won't feel like this. But now I know what this feels like and it's given me a goal to focus on. A mental goal. Not a figure on a scale or a size of clothing, but a way of thinking. And baby, I like it! :scared2:

I love exercising. It's no longer a chore to try and get all my water in. It's no longer a chore to make better choices where food is concerned. It's no longer a guilt trip when I decide once in a while that I'd like a couple of bites of cake. I'm thrilled that all I need now is a couple of bites. :crying: Life is good. Life is very good! :tongue2:

Not only did DD tell me I was getting too skinny, she told me she was proud of me. That she didn't believe I had it in me. I looked over at DH and saw him snickering. So I told her that that was okay, her dad didn't think I had it me either. And he admitted it. It feels so great to prove them wrong.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, STAY COOL AND GET YOUR Water IN.

Hi Friends,

I haven't deserted you all, just too much life these days. DD is home from college--big adjustment. Internet was down for awhile and no one could fix it. DS finally came over and had us back online in like 3 minutes!

My sister who was banded in April went in for a fill last week and they put too much in and couldn't get it out. She ended up having surgery Friday night to reposition the tubing b/c it had somehow become kinked when during the fill. Dr. said that was a "first." She missed her daughter's graduation.

Thanks for the shower suggestions. I'm planning that one, plus helping with a baby shower for my DIL, a b-day party for DH, and the wedding reception in our back yard for family and friends that can't travel half way across the country to MA. So there are things around the house and yard that we've been putting off, that now NEED to be done. Did I mention that while we were away the dog got sick and we've been nursing her back along with everything else?

I am still planning on M of A. I am so looking forward to my weekend with all of you--my girls weekend away! If I didn't have that I think I would be going nuts about now.

Oh, I am still where I was before my vacation. Not up or down. Looks like I can do maintenance very well. Problem is that I have 15 pounds to loose yet. . .

Hi again everyone. I just got back from the gym. I did 20 minutes of rowing, 10 minutes of arm weights and 30 minutes of swimming. I was dying again with the second half of the rowing where I changed technique and pulled up to my chest rather than my tummy. The sweat was dripping off me and I felt like my arms were going to drop off. But I think it was a little easier than the last time I did this workout. The weights were a much shorter version of what I've done before and I usually do them first, but thought I'd do the rowing first to see how things went. It wasn't too bad. I didn't work too hard as I wanted to save some strength for swimming. I did a lot better there than I expected. I swam for 30 minutes and did 28 laps, alternating 4 laps freestyle and 4 laps backstroke. I think I drank more Water than I swam in. :P I need to figure out my breathing technique. It was tough to begin with but it actually got easier the more I swam. That's weird. :party:

Oh, my little man and I made a chocolate cake today; he likes to cook and bake. And it's not haunting me! It's sitting on the counter all prettied up and yet I have no desire to eat any of it. At least not today. :party:

Anyway, that's it from me. Hope everyone is doing well and drinking their water. With the water I swallowed in the pool this evening it wouldn't surprise me if I got double my requirement today. :party: