Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Karri - Pictures didn't come thru - please repost !!!! I want to see - you are going to be a size 2 if not zero - Way to go - you are going to be one hot chick. :tt2:

Click on Karri's blogspot link and you can see the pictures.

Yeah, I don't deal well with prejudice. Have had to deal with plenty of it all my life because of weight issues!! Years ago I was in downtown Seattle interviewing for a job in a doctor's office and after a short conversation with the office manager she basically told me that the doctor would never hire me because I was overweight, and if he did he would make my life miserable. I went out to my car and had a good cry before I could drive home.

I did a little shopping this week... I can never find anything at Sears, Macy's, Penney's, Lane Bryant, etc. but take me to Wal-Mart and I buy stuff!!! Now what does that tell you??? :) I'm cheap??? I have no sense of style?? No class??!! I don't know.. but I found a nice short sleeve blouse, button up the front, coral, and a cotton knit coral flower print shirt that goes with it really well. I wore them to church this morning with my baggy pants that are going in the Goodwill box as soon as I wash them! Oh, the first shirt I bought I had to take back.. too big! I got a 3X because it said 22/24 and that seemed right. But I had to go back and get the 18/20 instead! I know that's big compared to what most of you are now wearing, but for me, it's a size I haven't seen in a very long time!!:sad::tt1::tt1:

DD is having bad asthma problems for the last 6 weeks. She finally agreed to take her steroids this weekend and she is OH SO MUCH more pleasant now!! It's amazing what a little oxygen in your system will do for you. Wonder how much that had to do with all the problems we had the last month or so!!

Click on Karri's blogspot link and you can see the pictures.

Yeah, I don't deal well with prejudice. Have had to deal with plenty of it all my life because of weight issues!! Years ago I was in downtown Seattle interviewing for a job in a doctor's office and after a short conversation with the office manager she basically told me that the doctor would never hire me because I was overweight, and if he did he would make my life miserable. I went out to my car and had a good cry before I could drive home.

I did a little shopping this week... I can never find anything at Sears, Macy's, Penney's, Lane Bryant, etc. but take me to Wal-Mart and I buy stuff!!! Now what does that tell you???

:) I'm cheap??? I have no sense of style?? No class??!! I don't know.. but I found a nice short sleeve blouse, button up the front, coral, and a cotton knit coral flower print shirt that goes with it really well. I wore them to church this morning with my baggy pants that are going in the Goodwill box as soon as I wash them! Oh, the first shirt I bought I had to take back.. too big! I got a 3X because it said 22/24 and that seemed right. But I had to go back and get the 18/20 instead! I know that's big compared to what most of you are now wearing, but for me, it's a size I haven't seen in a very long time!!:tt2::tt1::tt1:

DD is having bad asthma problems for the last 6 weeks. She finally agreed to take her steroids this weekend and she is OH SO MUCH more pleasant now!! It's amazing what a little oxygen in your system will do for you. Wonder how much that had to do with all the problems we had the last month or so!!

Congrats Phyl on the 18/20:sad: - yes some of us may wear diff sizes - but it's all relatitive.:biggrin2: So your 18/20 is just as great as our 8's 6's & 4's.. Way to go chickie :tt1:

Air to the brain can do wonders - I am so glad to hear that she is being pleasant again...

One last chance to get these pictures to post here!

There you go!!

Congrats!! That's exciting!!

Pictures sure can be difficult on this site. Yesterday I couldn't get my Smileys to post.

Sure is quiet here this morning!

8_13_1.gif

36_16_50.gif

23_11_55.gif

Am I the only one not out celebrating today!???

DH is fixing this big fancy london broil dinner

& DD & SIL coming for dinner later.

So I got to go across the street to Albertson's to buy gravy. I'm going to fix myself some mock mashed potatoes with a big head of cauliflower I bought.

I just noticed that the "rep power" is gone off our posts. When did that happen??

Phoenix Again...

Well, here goes yet another whirlwind trip to Phoenix. I talked to my Dr. on Saturday, and he wants me to come down this week. Most likely they are going to take some of the fill out. He would like to do my annual EGD now, but insurance approval won't come back fast enough, and I don't have someone who can drive in Phoenix going with me. That will just have to wait until July.

So, since Friday night (and especially after talking to my Dr), I'm back to liquids only until I can get in to see him. The only problem is that I DON'T KNOW WHEN I CAN GET IN. The office is closed on Monday, and I live a good 4 1/2 hours away from the office. They are scheduled for surgery all morning on Tuesday, and from the sounds of it, he has appointments all afternoon on Tuesday. The sucky thing for me is that Rodney and I were supposed to go to Moab, UT on Tuesday evening for the rest of the week. Rodney has a workshop during the day, but now I don't know if I'll be able to go.

So, since the office opens at 8:30 (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, I am going to head down there and leave at 7 (Mountain Time). That way, if they say they can get me in at noon, then I'll already be there. :unsure: I'm really hoping that I can get in Tuesday so I can make it home to go to Moab. However, if things don't work out how I really hope they will, I will end up spending the night and hopefully getting an appointment on Wednesday. I just hate having so much up in the air, but unfortunately I don't have any other options right now.

There is just so much going on, and this was our first vacation with just the two of us for almost a year now. Oh well, I guess that's what I should get used to because that's what it will be like once we have kids. :thumbup:

Hi! Just jumping in quick to let you all know that we got back in the USA last night. I'm giving myself till Friday to weigh-in since that's my usual weigh-in day. I'm afraid that all that "inclusive" food and drink were too great a temptation, but the band did limit how much I could eat. I am sure that if I gained, it was not nearly as much as it was other times, which is a plus. Today was all about getting myself back to "normal." I also have to tell you that going to Mexico was much more fun as a 12-14 than it ever was as a 22-24! I wore a bathing suit and found out that I can't swim anymore (after 30 years of just sitting there watching). I went to the spa and had a facial which I never considered doing before. I "dressed up" and felt like a woman, not a spectacle. I had energy to walk and walk without feeling winded or worn out. It was wonderful!!!

OK, I'm sorry I can't go back to p. 682 and catch up yet, but I have 12 voice mail messages at home, 100's of emails on my work account, and I haven't even checked my voice mail at work yet. Hopefully by Friday I will be caught up. I can't wait to see how you all did without me!

Love you,

Phoenix Again...

Well, here goes yet another whirlwind trip to Phoenix. I talked to my Dr. on Saturday, and he wants me to come down this week. Most likely they are going to take some of the fill out. He would like to do my annual EGD now, but insurance approval won't come back fast enough, and I don't have someone who can drive in Phoenix going with me. That will just have to wait until July.

So, since Friday night (and especially after talking to my Dr), I'm back to liquids only until I can get in to see him. The only problem is that I DON'T KNOW WHEN I CAN GET IN. The office is closed on Monday, and I live a good 4 1/2 hours away from the office. They are scheduled for surgery all morning on Tuesday, and from the sounds of it, he has appointments all afternoon on Tuesday. The sucky thing for me is that Rodney and I were supposed to go to Moab, UT on Tuesday evening for the rest of the week. Rodney has a workshop during the day, but now I don't know if I'll be able to go.

So, since the office opens at 8:30 (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, I am going to head down there and leave at 7 (Mountain Time). That way, if they say they can get me in at noon, then I'll already be there. :unsure: I'm really hoping that I can get in Tuesday so I can make it home to go to Moab. However, if things don't work out how I really hope they will, I will end up spending the night and hopefully getting an appointment on Wednesday. I just hate having so much up in the air, but unfortunately I don't have any other options right now.

There is just so much going on, and this was our first vacation with just the two of us for almost a year now. Oh well, I guess that's what I should get used to because that's what it will be like once we have kids. :thumbup:

My doc will fit anyone in for an unfill...maybe yours will too. I would just call them and tell that you HAVE to be seen...or just show up. I doubt they would turn you away. Sure fire way to get some taken out quickly is to tell them you are struggling with liquids.

Phyl - Congrats on the "downsizing"! It doesn't matter the size...as long as it is going down!

I think I forgot to post this but I ran 10 straight miles on Sunday. Did a total of 12 miles, but ran the first 10.

Edited by salsa1877

Hi! Just jumping in quick to let you all know that we got back in the USA last night. I'm giving myself till Friday to weigh-in since that's my usual weigh-in day. I'm afraid that all that "inclusive" food and drink were too great a temptation, but the band did limit how much I could eat. I am sure that if I gained, it was not nearly as much as it was other times, which is a plus. Today was all about getting myself back to "normal." I also have to tell you that going to Mexico was much more fun as a 12-14 than it ever was as a 22-24! I wore a bathing suit and found out that I can't swim anymore (after 30 years of just sitting there watching). I went to the spa and had a facial which I never considered doing before. I "dressed up" and felt like a woman, not a spectacle. I had energy to walk and walk without feeling winded or worn out. It was wonderful!!!

OK, I'm sorry I can't go back to p. 682 and catch up yet, but I have 12 voice mail messages at home, 100's of emails on my work account, and I haven't even checked my voice mail at work yet. Hopefully by Friday I will be caught up. I can't wait to see how you all did without me!

Love you,

If you don't mind me asking which resort did you go to and have you been to more than one. My husband and I are cruiser but are looking into the all inclusive and not sure which one to go with or any idea what we want. We have been on alot of cruises but everybody talks about the relaxing at the allinclusive ao we want to try it.

thanks

beth

Good Morning Gang

Yes I have gotten a bit of a life - But am still around

Yesterday got up and cleaned the whole house - made DGD wash her clothes - asked her if it was all done and put away - she said yes - well this morning i go to wake here and there is a basket full of unfolded clothes. She did nothing yesterday but lay around - so guess who is getting their phone taken away :thumbup: I don't accept lying... She will soon find out I am not her Mother ...

Besides that I went to gym and have a new girl training with me - she's late 20's early 30's - tall girl - a little thick - but guess what - this 53 yr old grandma - kicked her butt :w00t::blink::tt2: - She had to stop and not do a set cuz her heart was racing :) - Pretty damn that an old fart like me can do better than a youngster :biggrin2:

Karri & Ruby - I was talking to hair dresser about the Hair loss issues on Saturday - It's the lack of fat in your diet - Makes sense - cuz my gf went on medifast and didn't have surgery and was getting her Protein in - but she lost her hair - increase your fat intake (healthy of course) see it that helps

Well gotta get to work - CBL :huh2:

Karri & Ruby - I was talking to hair dresser about the Hair loss issues on Saturday - It's the lack of fat in your diet - Makes sense - cuz my gf went on medifast and didn't have surgery and was getting her Protein in - but she lost her hair - increase your fat intake (healthy of course) see it that helps

Well gotta get to work - CBL :tongue:

Fat? :tongue2: I worked hard eliminating it all from my diet, now I have to bring it back. :smile2: Thanks for the tip Janet. I'll try it. I've noticed my hair loss is still steady. It hasn't gotten any worse, but it hasn't really improved either. I think I still need my Protein Shakes because I'm not getting enough elsewhere. But I'll look into this fat business. More fish and olive oil. And I'll try and find time and space for nuts.

I've eased up on myself lately. I'm just so tired of beating myself up all the time to keep at this tough pace of losing weight. So I decided I wasn't going to be so demanding. It's okay. I'm loving the increase in exercise and I was just thinking this morning that I need to increase my incline and speed levels again on my treadmill workout as it's becoming easy. It's very strange. Every time I increase I think to myself that I'm really pushing the limit and there's no way I could go higher or faster. But I'm not struggling anymore like I did when I increased at the beginning of the month. I remember cursing Janet. :lol: But next month I'll kick it up a notch. BAM!

My weight is still steady on 172 but I really do notice the difference in my body shape. Some of my clothes fit better but others are getting baggy. I'm going to have to buy smaller jeans again soon as my 12s are beginning to look silly and my 10s getting looser. My workout pants are medium. :scared2: I think the last time I was a medium my mother was still buying clothing for me. :lol:

Even though my weight seems to have plateaued, I don't think I need a fill. I have enough restriction there. I still don't feel hungry in the mornings and will often have coffee and a Protein Drink an hour later to get things started. The afternoons are still a problem for me as far as hunger goes though, but again I can't eat too much. A cup at most is all I can fit in when I have a meal. Unless I graze. I notice I can stretch food out in order to get more in. That's an evil piece of knowledge there that is hard to get around sometimes when Naughty Ruby remembers. Somebody needs to kill that fat chick in my head! :laugh:

I'm still pouty over not getting my Wii Fit. :crying: I think I'll buy it for my hubby for Father's Day. :lol: I made them come shopping in girl stores with me over the weekend. Looking for new bras and underwear as payment for out-voting me with that stupid Zelda game. I took great pleasure in listening to them complain. :sneaky:

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing so well, running for miles, kicking butt in the gym and making good food choices. Water patrol wants some lovin' too. Drink! Drink! Drink!

Steph - You'll feel better soon,

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun!!

Salsa - Your going to kill yourself. I have clown clothes on today too. My shirt looks ridiculous.

Peaches - Dat was a hoot!!!

Janet - The dance class was so fun. It's a couple dance called the Jamaican named after a famous club that used to be in New Orleans. They teach us one new step every Thursday for 6 weeks. It's a dance club and the men dance with the girl's who come for lessons, and the ladies dance with the men taking lessons. I have BEEN wanting to do this and only did because I have lost weight. After the couple lessons, one of the ladies showed us 2 line dances. I did those too. Last year at this time, there is no way in hell I would have danced in front of people. That was hard, because I live to dance. I got the boogie fever.

Here is something else I did today because I lost weight, if I was still very fat I would not have gotten out of my car.

I went to pick up my son at school. As I was driving away, a truck was 2 cars in front of me. I saw a black lab puppy fall out the truck, appear to hit the back wheel, and start walking in front of CARS! The truck didn't see, the two cars in front of me had to see, almost hit the dog, and still didn't stop. I said, "Ahhhh, hell no I ain't watching this puppy die before my eyes." I stop, I am on a highway, all the cars coming out the school lined up behind me. I scream at my son to get in the back seat. I grab the dog and start shoving him in the back. Cars start honking. I don't give a crap, I've lost weight, and I'm saving a life!!!!! Thank God the dog had a tag with a number. A kid answers, I tell him the story. While I'm driving I try to flag down a truck coming back towards me that may be the truck. He doesn't see me. I bring the dog to a house with the kid. We are driving away and that truck pulls up, it was him, he was looking for his dog.

Mission Accomplished, Life Safed! :smile2:

However, the tension at work is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Last day he works. I won't have to see his face next week.

I am so glad that you were able to save the dog..Hang the people in traffic behind you. You did the right thing. I was just about crying just reading your post. I am a dog lover, actually love them more than some people... HUGS to the HUMANE!

So now come the baloons!:tongue: I officially lost 100 pounds! I had been down earlier in the week and then was bouncing around all week, but on the day that counted...I was at 150 pounds. I had changed my ticker early in hopes that I wouldn't have to change it back...and now I don't!

Thank you for all of your support! Now we are going to go see the new Indiana Jones movie, go window shopping, and then go walk part of the half-marathon course!

One last chance to get these pictures to post here!

Karri, your picture is awesome. God look at your little itty bitty butt!!! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. I wish I had HALF you tenacity and stick-with-it-ness!!! :scared2:

Love you,

Well, we missed you girl! But I am sure glad you enjoyed your vacation. It sounds like it was wonderful and relaxing. Now get back to all those emails!!!!!:tongue2:

Janet; We can all come down there and whoop some @ss if you like... I hate biggoted people. My SIL is Vietnamese-Canadian and is a wonderful addition to our family. It really bugs me when someone asks " where are YOU from???" my SIL being way too cool to let it bother him says "Toronto"... then we all just laugh our heads off at the 'stupid' person.

It is only natural to feel protective of our family members and whoa be hold to anyone who gets in the way.

Good Morning Gang

Yes I have gotten a bit of a life - But am still around

Yesterday got up and cleaned the whole house - made DGD wash her clothes - asked her if it was all done and put away - she said yes - well this morning i go to wake here and there is a basket full of unfolded clothes. She did nothing yesterday but lay around - so guess who is getting their phone taken away :crying: I don't accept lying... She will soon find out I am not her Mother ...

Besides that I went to gym and have a new girl training with me - she's late 20's early 30's - tall girl - a little thick - but guess what - this 53 yr old grandma - kicked her butt :tongue::scared2::sneaky: - She had to stop and not do a set cuz her heart was racing :smile2: - Pretty damn that an old fart like me can do better than a youngster :biggrin2:

Karri & Ruby - I was talking to hair dresser about the Hair loss issues on Saturday - It's the lack of fat in your diet - Makes sense - cuz my gf went on medifast and didn't have surgery and was getting her Protein in - but she lost her hair - increase your fat intake (healthy of course) see it that helps. Well gotta get to work - CBL :tongue2:

Good job with DGD!! And with the new chick at the gym!!

Hair loss thing makes sense! We've always assumed it was lack of protein, but if we're following the rules, we know we're getting enough protein.

36_2_73.gif

Ruby & Phyl

Yep we get out Protein - so the fat issue makes good sense - I really do beleive it's the fat - I haven't cut it out -just down cuz as I have said a million times - I could be Paula Dean's daughter (butter) or Emeril sister (pork fat rules) and I haven't lost any hair. My GF didn't have surgery just medi fast - got her protein in - but not the fat... and she lost ton's of hair

So increase your fat some - good fat not lard :smile2: - I haven't won't give it up - I miss it as it is... But I still have some..

Ruby

Eating - well with all the family I have had - my eating hasn't be great - not bad but my schedule is all screwed up - last night I did make a one pot wonder (left over bbq tri tip from friday) cut in cubes - onion, bell pepper - jalapeno - 1/4 cup rice - 4 zuchinee - 1/4 corn - tomatoe sauce - it was good had it for dinner last night and lunch this week..

I still find that once I start eatting it starts the whole wanting to eat. Yesterday had turkey sandwich w/1/4 avocado (lite bread) 200 calories chips 100 - 1 pot wonder - 250 calories - 1 gramham cracker & pb - 230 calories - popcorn 100 calories - fudgecicle 80 - ice sandwich 180 = 1140 calories - but too much junk at night...

I totally get where Karri is coming from - I really didn't eat alot - but it sure did seem like it - I think it's the sweets that have me concern - but it was totally in the limits of my calorie budget. How to I force myself to eat more - when I am afaird that eating more will cause me to gain. I have 4.5 lbs before I am going to worry about it.

I am not too worried about the sweets last night cuz before surgery I would eat sweets every few months (never a daily basis) so yesterday my body wanted sweets (well the fudgecicle was sf)..

Peaches - for most of us our world has become a melting pot (my grand kids are are all a combination of black white & mexican - can't understand pple who are ignorant.. but they are - we know they are wrong - I guess that's all we can do is shake our heads..

Ok off to eat cbl:tongue: