Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Happy New Year to all. Just think this should be the last year we need to make losing weight our New Year's Resolution and we will be able to achieve the resolution thanks to the band and our hard work. Next year we can shoot for maintaining weight, good health we have achieved and exercising more to build more lean muscle so we burn more when we are at rest.

HAPPY NEW YEAR LUCKY #7'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went today and bought myself a new outfit for the evening with jewelry and all. I am really excited to dress up tonight and go out. We do not usually go out on New Years Eve but a friend is having a small gathering at their house and we are going. We have a Designated driver so we will have a few drinks. I am so looking forward to 2008 and being lighter and healthier. I have so much to Celebrate as do all of us here. I am 72 lbs lighter than last New Year and I am ready to show it off. LOL

I hope you all have a Very Happy New Year. Thank goodness the holidays will be over after tonight so things will slow down again. WHHHEEWWWW

kARRIE

Sounds to me like low blood sugar. Try drinking a little juice or eating something with a little sugar in it. I'm diabetic and I get light headed and very shaky when my sugar levels are low. Of course, that never happened before the band. LOL

I can't remember exactly what the exersize challenge was but.....I pedaled my bike everyday for at least an hour (except 3days, 40 min) Since December 4th, I have pedaled 524 miles.

size 12 jeans. I haven't seen that since way before kids arrived and I now have 2 grandkids. That was a long time ago.

HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR AND MAY THE POUNDS KEEP DROPPING. SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!!!

OK - TMI coming up, but need help. Got my tubes tied with my last kid and since then I have two added problems: I crave chocolate a week before my period (I don't normally like the stuff) and my blood flow is more than it's ever been. So, after sleeping through this past week I realized last night that I'm low on iron! No wonder since I can't eat meat and usually I just have a steak or two during "that week" and that keeps me going. Any suggestions on getting my Iron up? I'd like to start working out, but can't get out of bed! Ahhhh!

OK - TMI coming up, but need help. Got my tubes tied with my last kid and since then I have two added problems: I crave chocolate a week before my period (I don't normally like the stuff) and my blood flow is more than it's ever been. So, after sleeping through this past week I realized last night that I'm low on iron! No wonder since I can't eat meat and usually I just have a steak or two during "that week" and that keeps me going. Any suggestions on getting my Iron up? I'd like to start working out, but can't get out of bed! Ahhhh!

Yikes. I remember someone telling my grandma to cook in cast iron skillets. Also, some cereals are iron fortified. I just checked my cream of wheat and it has 45% of the daily recommended amount in 1 serving. I don't know if you drink tea, but I do remember them telling her to stay away from that. If it is really bad they do have iron supplements. I know they don't play nice when talking about bathroom issues, but I don't know which one would be worse!

Iron deficiencies....

Ladies, its important to eat RED meat for Iron, Liver is good too. However, if meat is an issue....

Eat Spinach Salads, outer leaves of the Romain lettuce

these are all good sources of iron... plus you may need to get a blood test at your Doctors and take an iron supplement for a short time until your reserves get built back up.

Our nutrician while banded is very important!!

Happy New Year everyone!:whoo::clap2:

May we all be blessed with:

-small numbers on our scale and big numbers in our wallets:D

-small sizes in our waists/butt/thighs;)

-big smiles from old friends:biggrin1:

-big outlook on our new lives:rolleyes:

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL OUR LUCKY #7'S

I wish you all that you desire in 2008

I hope you all have a safe and blessed New Years !!!!

I think i am low in something - cuz my thigh muscles hurt/ach - like i have been really working weights - I got some potassium & B complex today - and going to try and be more diligent in taking my Vitamins

(I am pretty bad at it) I have to get my blood tested next month anyway - Dr Bobby requires blood test every 6 months..

I have been eating spinach - yogurt - bananas -

Marcy get some vitatimans that have extra Iron in them and then some laxitive in case you get stopped up...

Karri - I assume that you don't take any blood pressure meds due to your age - so yes I think you need more food and make sure you are taking your vitamins... Drink so OJ...

8_6_43.gif

8_6_40.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Just realized today that we are going to disney on Jan 19th . We have had it planned but I have not thought about it till i was getting out the kids clothing to make sure we all had shorts.YIKES mom does not.I bought at clearance for the kids but have not thought about my shorts from last year absolutely falling off. They are a 26 and i am in a 16w any suggestions as to where to get I have been on ebay and target but can't find. Any help

beth

Just realized today that we are going to disney on Jan 19th . We have had it planned but I have not thought about it till i was getting out the kids clothing to make sure we all had shorts.YIKES mom does not.I bought at clearance for the kids but have not thought about my shorts from last year absolutely falling off. They are a 26 and i am in a 16w any suggestions as to where to get I have been on ebay and target but can't find. Any help

beth

Beth

I don't wear shorts only capri's - Walmart? ?? J C Penny's - Avenue - Lane Bryant - they all have online stores - QVC - I am a big QVC shopper - I love demni & company and they are pretty reasonable..

Good Luck

Congrats on 16W from a 26 - 10 Sizes smaller 36_1_33.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!

I see I'm the only one on at this hour 12:15 am.

I have a very exciting life, sitting at the computer at midnight, New Year's listening to the fireworks outside. Man, I'm boring.

I had a party to go to, but I was to lazy to go.

Phyl - We are Mexican Trained out, we've moved on to Poker. Did you get my Christmas email?

Marcy - I was anemic for awhile before surgery. I was chewing ice like a damn freak. Screwed up my teeth. I got the Flintstones with Iron. I take 2 a day and amazingly I stopped chewing the ice. I'm telling you I was crazed, it was all I could think about was getting ice. My son almost killed me. He loathed the chewing.

Indio - Another similarity...... I love QVC, can't live without it. Diamonique rocks!!!!

Man, Dick Clark's New Year is Rockin!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!

I see I'm the only one on at this hour 12:15 am.

I have a very exciting life, sitting at the computer at midnight, New Year's listening to the fireworks outside. Man, I'm boring.

I had a party to go to, but I was to lazy to go.

Phyl - We are Mexican Trained out, we've moved on to Poker. Did you get my Christmas email?

Mango Mama,

No, you're not the only one online on New Years Rockin' Eve!! I'm sitting her by myself on the computer, listening to my DH snoring in the back. He barely made it to 10pm. We watched the ball fall on the east coast feed on DirecTV and I guess he felt he'd stayed up late enough. Happy New Year! Guess we're too old to celebrate!

I did get your Christmas email... cute!! So, it's your fault I was on the computer for hours that night playing on the elf site!! I made lots of elf videos and then I did a paste/cut of every photo of Lucky#7s that I could find to make a video of all of us as skinny elfs! I got the pictures and then ran out of steam! Never made the video!

Happy New Year all my

Lucky#7 Bandster friends!!

:cheer2: :banana :Banane52: :Banane41: :mad: :scared: :Banane42: :) :Banane40::cheer2::Banane09: :cocktail: :drum: :violin:

Good Morning and Happy New Years! I didn't wait up to see it in. Too exhausted this year.

Janet--If you're eating bananas, you're probably getting enough Potassium. Remember, at our age, there just are more aches and pains. Good to talk to your doctor about it though.

Beth, maybe you'll just have to buy some shorts in Florida! Gee, that's too bad :party: I'd surf the net--just Google "women's shorts."

Jackie--How about posting a pic of you in your new outfit? While I didn't wear all that exciting to dinner last night, I did wear new suede boots with heals, long well-fitting jeans, and a fashionable top with an empire waist that was rather slimming. Spent more time than usual on the hair and make-up too. I felt more confident about going out than I have in years. DH didn't say anything though. :party:

Phyl, You're never too old! You sound like one fun lady--I love reading your posts and the way you phrase things. I'm wondering about something though. Now that you've lost so much weight and exercise more--do you find that you are using your scooter less? I've been noticing that things like climbing stairs and sitting on the floor are much easier now than they were last summer.

Well, on with New Years Day. Take down the tree, clean the house, throw out the left-overs. . . Tomorrow DD goes back to school and I will have the whole house to myself. I plan on just relaxing--maybe a little shopping FOR ME b/c I need some clothes for next semester.

Phyl, You're never too old! You sound like one fun lady--I love reading your posts and the way you phrase things. I'm wondering about something though. Now that you've lost so much weight and exercise more--do you find that you are using your scooter less? I've been noticing that things like climbing stairs and sitting on the floor are much easier now than they were last summer.

Good Morning and Happy New Year!! Yes, I am definitely using the scooter less. I used to ride it ride to the side of the pool for Water aerobics every morning. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start parking it in the locker room. Everyone was shocked and my DH thought someone stole it!! LOL

I am making a conscious effort to walk more and leave it parked. And I'm hoping to get the left knee fixed when we go back home in the spring and that will help a lot, I'm sure. My DH is looking forward to the day when we can get a light weight fold up scooter. I'm hoping I won't need it at all eventually!