Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Sunny--I'd keep the appointment on Tuesday and until then stick to softer Proteins like eggs and cheese. (Have a ham and cheese omlet--just mince the ham very well.) Keep track of what you are eating either on paper or on one of the online journals so you can identify that the impact the baked potatoes and ice cream have on your daily calorie intake. Have a Protein Shake for one of your meals. Be sure you're drinking enough Water. Be patient, you can make that scale start moving again. You're just going though a nasty period here, but it's temporary. Let us know how things go on Tuesday.

My NSV: I've been taking blood pressure medicine since I was pregnant with my last child 21 years ago. Even when I lost over 100 pounds and was "normal" weight I needed to take it, although my dose has been increased quite a bit over they years. Yesterday, it occured to me that the dizziness I've been experiencing lately may be related to blood pressure issues, so I checked it. It was a very low (for me) 90/60. So today I took only 1/2 the amount I've been taking and have a call in to my doctor. YES!

Lindaa - congrats on your NSV. It's so good to know you can probably at some point get off having to take daily doses of medication for the rest of your life. That's the bleak future I was facing as well. Not any more though!

Sunshine - hang in there. I went on a couple of weeks hiatus from weight loss too. It's frustrating when you know you're doing everything right and you're not seeing any progress for your efforts. I agree with lindaa, keep track of what you're eating and show it to your doctor. You may need a slight adjustment to your band, or there may be something else going on. Best to check with the experts.

I got my second fill on Friday because I wasn't seeing any change in the scales and was able to eat more than I should have been. Friday night was pretty tough for me. I woke up 4 times in the night choking on my own spit. :) I was worried that I'd gotten too much of a fill. It was the weekend and I probably couldn't have gotten hold of my doctor unless it was an emergency. I didn't feel it was at that stage yet. I decided that I'd go for the day (Saturday) making sure I was at least getting Water down so as not to get dehydrated. It was kinda tough in the morning, but as the day progressed it got a little easier. I managed some Soup on Sat night as well.

Sunday morning I made a Protein Shake. It took me an hour to get through that, but I made it without PBing. I had soup for lunch. In the afternoon I treated myself to an iced orange mocha at Starbucks. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but ohmystars it was delicious! :( I had a Protein shake again for dinner.< /p>

Today I start mushies until I feel game enough to venture onto solids. But this morning it feels like I'm too restricted for food, so I'm just having a protein shake again. Maybe I'll try yoghurt and/or some egg salad for lunch. I take my Vitamins religiously and my energy levels are good, despite Aunt Flo being due for a visit this week.

My hubby and son had a sub sandwich from Quizno's on Sunday and I was envious of them for being able to sink their teeth into it. I wasn't feeling hungry or anything, I just missed stuffing my face with food. :embarassed: That's probably a bad thing. :paranoid

The scales are on the downward move again. :whoo:I don't feel hungry. I don't miss being hungry!!! Life is good. I love my band! :biggrin1:

Congratulations Ruby, still no restriction for me.

Some day I'll find my spot, some day I'll have restriction

and how thrilling that moment will be, when restriction finally comes to me.

Can you tell I'm bored?

My secretary and I, are talking about how we are going to cook our shrimp tonight. I have 50lbs. I gave her some. I'm going home today to peel my shrimp.

Hey guys,

Well, I did it. I reached my first goal. I'm now a member of the ONDERLAND group. I hit 199.4 on Sunday morning.:whoo: If I didn't have to go into work then, I probably would of taken 10 minutes to just cry I was so happy. But I had to get to work, so there was no time for that, but what a great day I had.

We leave for Florida tomorrow evening :clap2:to go see my grandma. We're so ready for this trip. I've decided to take on a part time job along with my full time job to help out our financial situation, so extra time is few and far in between for me now. But I just had to come on and let you all know I was still alive, and losing the weight.

Hope everyone else is doing good too. I read back a few pages, and everyone seems to have had there second fill already, and lots of pounds are dropping all over the thread.

Have a great week. And I'll try to stop in every now and again to let you know how I'm doing.

Lynette: What can I say? WOW! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Imagine that! Onderland! What an accomplishment! Celebrate--buy yourself a bathing suit in Florida! Hugs to you!

Does anyone remember the WW pumpkin muffins that you got 6 muffins for 1 veggie exchange - I know i am dating my self - some of you only know the point system ponder.gif

I knew you were a WW'er by the tone of many of your messages!! I have spent a lot of time in meetings over the years, it's just too bad I couldn't learn to apply their messages permanently. I am a lifetime member-been at goal twice and lost 20 plus maybe 4 times. Always regained it.

Yep Judy - I was a WW girl - Jenny Craig - Adtkins - Diet pills - you name it i have done it - I was most successfull with WW but never got to goal and jsut like everyone here I have lost it and always regained it...

IMHO WW is the most well rounded program out their - I like getting my Protein - veggie - starch - dairy etc.

IMHO i think that when you just eat protien 24/7 you aren't going to last long with the program that the way it has been for me...

WW has great low fat low sugar receipe - I love the little sayings "better in thee (thrash) than in me" -- That is my all time fav....

Hey guys,

Well, I did it. I reached my first goal. I'm now a member of the ONDERLAND group. I hit 199.4 on Sunday morning.:whoo: If I didn't have to go into work then, I probably would of taken 10 minutes to just cry I was so happy. But I had to get to work, so there was no time for that, but what a great day I had.

We leave for Florida tomorrow evening :clap2:to go see my grandma. We're so ready for this trip. I've decided to take on a part time job along with my full time job to help out our financial situation, so extra time is few and far in between for me now. But I just had to come on and let you all know I was still alive, and losing the weight.

Hope everyone else is doing good too. I read back a few pages, and everyone seems to have had there second fill already, and lots of pounds are dropping all over the thread.

Have a great week. And I'll try to stop in every now and again to let you know how I'm doing.

Lynette, I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and have a great time in Florida!!!! Your news is just awesome!!!! I agree that you SHOULD buy yourself a new suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or a very sexy nightie!!!!!!!! LOL :clap2:

Thanks, Jackie. I actually feel pretty good now. All the treatments have worked. Today I ate a Wendy's chili and a cesear salad for lunch without any problems. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to have Fluid removed if I have a good restriction and it is just something I may be doing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions????

I am soooo glad you're doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss talking to everyone!!!:)

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! Lynette,that is Fantastic!!!!! I can't wait until the day I join you. Congratulations!!!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Hi everyone! I'm just catching up on posts as I've been pretty busy this week. I'm doing well. I've lost 4 pounds so far this week and getting real close to 160's.... I think I'd been retaining Fluid last week, cause i only lost 1/2 a pound yesterday. I can't believe how well it's going. I'm going back through my clothes so fast. Some pants I only got to wear twice before putting them aside. It's a nice feeling and the compliments have been coming fast and furious at work.

Hello Brandy,

I wad banded the day after you. I have only lots 28 pounds. What are you eating each day to loose 4 pounds a week? Can yoy give me an example of one of your days? How much protien? Water? exercise?

Thanks!!

Does anyone remember the WW pumpkin muffins that you got 6 muffins for 1 veggie exchange - I know i am dating my self - some of you only know the point system ponder.gif

I knew you were a WW'er by the tone of many of your messages!! I have spent a lot of time in meetings over the years, it's just too bad I couldn't learn to apply their messages permanently. I am a lifetime member-been at goal twice and lost 20 plus maybe 4 times. Always regained it.

Yep Judy - I was a WW girl - Jenny Craig - Adtkins - Diet pills - you name it i have done it - I was most successfull with WW but never got to goal and jsut like everyone here I have lost it and always regained it...

IMHO WW is the most well rounded program out their - I like getting my Protein - veggie - starch - dairy etc.

IMHO i think that when you just eat protien 24/7 you aren't going to last long with the program that the way it has been for me...

WW has great low fat low sugar receipe - I love the little sayings "better in thee (thrash) than in me" -- That is my all time fav....

How many WW points to you eat in one day? Do you eat as many as you did pre-band??