Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

babes sorry i missed you!! i'm bad!!

'seize the day' thats cape diem isn't it??

i'm going so crazy!! i knew i had you on my list them i couldn't see you when i checked over it. but i had just kissed it with my sleepy eyes you were there!!!

Marci, thank you for the fill information. It was quite informative. Two weeks until Fill #2 for me. I already have 4ccs in so I wonder what I will be up to after the next fill.

Hey ya'll! What's happening? I see we have a bit of activity going on. I love it!

Dini!!! Yay! You're back. We were wondering what happened to you.

Hey ya'll! What's happening? I see we have a bit of activity going on. I love it!

Dini!!! Yay! You're back. We were wondering what happened to you.

hey sugar!! how are you. i had actually gone to bed and i couldn't sleep so i hoped on here to you guys whats happening??

night all!

tried to stay up to catch you but i just can't keep eyes opened.

hopefully catch you guys tomorrow

xx

:cry How funny! Loved your post - maybe I'll give that a try! I do seem to lose motivation as the day wears on! Thanks for the lift! Kim

Dear Unruly..,

I understand the tired after work thing (I work 10 hrs days commute 1 hr each way). I never have the energy to lift a finger after I get home. The only way I can get my ass in gear is to exercise early in the morning. I found that if you start really early you're pretty much though the awful part before you really wake up, and by then it's too late to rethink going back to bed. If you're into treadmills at home and you are a dog owner, try getting your pup up there with you. It is a real motivator.

Car

I think that's going to have to be my plan! I just can't get motivated after work. I have about a 25 minute lunch period total, and trying to slow down my eating to around 20 minutes leaves about enough time for my bathroom break (I'm a 4th grade teacher) before I get the kiddos. I have watched Fat March - I think I would die! I haven't seen the past few episodes, but it is motivating. Thanks for the post! Kim

Unruhlyhd - can you get up 45 minutes earlier and do your exercise of choice - this way you won't be too tired - how long is your lunch - can you walk for 10 - 15 - 30 minutes.. I understand the tired - if i don't go to the gym right after work - i just won't do it - Did you watch "Fat March?" That was my motivation today - i wanted to quit after 1 mile but I thought of the 6 who finished and figured i could do one more mile.

Marcy, I'm glad I'm not the only one with no exercise motivation - I know I just need to get up and do it - should we challenge each other to exercise at least 3 times a week? I'm seriously considering hitting the bed earlier tonight so I can wake up early to walk...

I have my 2nd fill the end of September - I can't tell ANYTHING with this first fill, other than I still can't eat chicken...I am REALLY ready for some restriction of some sort.

Playing with the kids IS good exercise for all of you! I teach 4th grade and am on my feet 90% of the day, but I know I need to get up and moving so my heart rate will increase and burn some calories.

Keep up the good work! Kim

WOW Dini - you managed to get most everyone covered! You go girl! I'm impressed that you can take care of yourself, your toddler, and your all-consuming job and still have time for all of us!

My motivation is suckin' right about now. I downed a good load of Doritos last night and I *still* have no interest in actual excersize (despite the Treadclimber we have and severl tapes I like). I make conscious efforts to play hard with the kids for at least an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon, but no reall dedicated excersize. Oh, I have the time, it's the motivation!

I'm headed in for my 2nd fill on Oct. 3rd. I hope it will help...I've been just hangin' around the same weight for too long now. Yes, I know excersize will help, but I've got to work in baby steps here...maybe this attitude is what got me here in the first place? Hmmm...

Sunny - Girl Friend - we know why you are in a funk - you lost your baby. You are using food as a comfort for the loss of your baby..:)

But!!! NOW I want you to pull yourself up by your boot straps and #1 don't buy the chocolate!!!! Go throw away all that good yummy stuff and as you throw it in the trash say these word "Better in Thee Than in ME"... if you don't buy it you can't eat it... That's my personal rule - if it's not in the house i can't eat it - I have sf choc puddings or healthy request fudge cicles - I will have 2 puddings & 1 fudge cicle in an evening (pre-fill) that was a total of 200 calories

You really don't want to be able to sit down and eat like you use to - that's what got you to the place of needing/wanting the band... That's it's purpose "Portion Control" When you are sad - get on the computer and one of us here will talk to you and try to help. In fact I have unlimited long distants - if you want to pm me your home # - I will call and talk to you... You went through a lot to get your band - and I know that you really want to succeed - it's just hard right now and i understand. Again... get those Boot Straps and yank real hard - get back on the "band" wagon - We are here for you GF..:)

I got filled last Wed and am suppose to be on full liquids for 1 week and i'm changing that to 5 days (then pureed for a week then soft then regular) - yesterday i had 3 oz of fish and could not finish the last bite. Got up in the middle of the night and tried to eat a bit of chicken tender that my GS had left - i chewed but ate fast and got that golf ball - i think that even though we are chewing - the eating too fast doesn't allow enough time for the food to pass through the hole from your new tummy to the old one - this is Dr Janet's reasoning - Infact i just got on to post this same question tonight - even if i CHEW well i am still getting stuck. I gotta say that my fill is working - Soup i could eat but the equates to Water going right thru - but tonite my x-dil fixed me a little casserol of green ck enchallida - OMG they are deliouse but i could only eat about 5 bites and i am stuffed.. I stopped before i got over filled or stuck.. That golf ball in the chest hurts..

Sunny - We are here for you.....

Thanks so much for your support and the good shaking. I needed that. I never even thought about my funk being related to Daisy dying but you are absolutely right. I just pulled away from everything, and as in the past, food became my comfort. Luckily I was beginning to realize something was not right and came here. I grabbed my boot straps but I hadn't given them a jerk yet. I have now. Thanks again. I will pm my cell. I need to talk sometimes with someone experiencing the same things. Thanks for the offer.

I had come to the conclusion I was eating too fast and therefore too much. Glad to have it validated. That golf ball in the chest does hurt like hell!

Chim, I will pm you too. Thanks for your support too.

Marcy, congrats on the aniverary and the wonderful diamond. You have such a romantic husband. Men, in general, underestimate the power of romance. Your husband is obviously very smart :car:

I have trouble getting motivated for exercise too. I just have to start pushing myself. I will have to try walking Rocky on the treadmill.

I hurt my back somehow Monday and I am in PAIN. I went to a yoga gentle stretch class tonight to try and work out some of the pain. It hhelped a little. The left over pain medicine from surgery helped better :)

Dini girl, HEY!!!! How was Italy? How are things with Adam? Hugs and kisses to Annafrancesca. Don't work to hard. I had problems with yahoo and have had to reinstall. I should be available for chat tomorrow and forward.

Hello to any and all I may have missed.

Lynette, where are you?????

Dini,

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm doing well! Lost another half pound today and feeling really motivated. 2nd fill is next week, but don't know if I need to add anything at that time as I'm doing good. If I do, it won't be much. DH doesn't think I should go as I'm traveling out of town the next day. 30th HS reunion. He's afraid I won't be able to eat at all. Didn't have a problem the first time, but who knows. Don't want to cancel the appt though. Doesn't cost anything for the first year following surgery anyway, thank goodness!

Marcy, I'm glad I'm not the only one with no exercise motivation - I know I just need to get up and do it - should we challenge each other to exercise at least 3 times a week? I'm seriously considering hitting the bed earlier tonight so I can wake up early to walk...

I have my 2nd fill the end of September - I can't tell ANYTHING with this first fill, other than I still can't eat chicken...I am REALLY ready for some restriction of some sort.

Playing with the kids IS good exercise for all of you! I teach 4th grade and am on my feet 90% of the day, but I know I need to get up and moving so my heart rate will increase and burn some calories.

Keep up the good work! Kim

Kim, I need to join you and Marcy in the challenge. I am definitely exercised challenged.

Hello all. Just watned to pop on and say hi. I am to in a funk. An emotional FUNK. I tell you I have been crying at the drop of a hat lately. Feeling really blue!!! Anyway, I a, going for my second fill tommorow. Hope that will give me somet restriction. I dont eat as uch as I used to but I do eat to much.

Well I better go. Time to try getting some sleep again. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Jakie

Phyl

On the curise issue just want to make everyone aware there is no gambling on Hawaiin or Alaskan cruise - just in case it matters to anyone. I'm not a big gambler so it doesn't matter to me - and in August I would welcome cooler weather. July & Aug are the prime months to go to alaska so prices will be higher - how about changing it to April - early May and do the little 4 day out of Los Angeles that goes to Catalina & Ensanda.. Just an idea as July & Aug are not good months to cruise...

Talk you later..

That short cruise to Catalina and Ensenada sounds like something to consider. Anyone else have thoughts on that?? I think April/May or Sept might be a good idea, too. Prices are always higher in the summer months.