Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello all. Just watned to pop on and say hi. I am to in a funk. An emotional FUNK. I tell you I have been crying at the drop of a hat lately. Feeling really blue!!! Anyway, I a, going for my second fill tommorow. Hope that will give me somet restriction. I dont eat as uch as I used to but I do eat to much.

Well I better go. Time to try getting some sleep again. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. Jakie

Ok Jackie - 1st we need to find out why you are in a funk... Then we can go from there. Its it hormonal (sp) or is there something going on in your life. Sometimes when I am in a funk - i will either wallow in it or make myself get out and get around my happy friends, I have gf who is like me and will slap me in the face (not literilay but figurtively) and wake me up. I remember reading before that alot of people after surgery were getting this way. Go watch a funny movie - read a happy book - do what you did last night get on line and it seems like there is always someone here who will help - don't watch the news, just don't eat...

Marcy, I didn't get to tell you congrats on your anniversary!!!! Your DH is awesome! That was so romantic of him. And the diamond!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! I'm so jealous. :P

Congratulations, again!

Ya Marcy I forgot to tell you that you have a wonderful man there... I think that night after reading about 2 1/2 pages - it was late and i didn't post...

I agree about the exercise challenge. I myself have stopped my routine. I'm sad about that. :car: I have a part-time job now, so here's how my day goes...I'm up at 5am to get to work at 6am. I get off at 2pm to get to my part-time job at 3pm. I get off my part-time job at 11pm. When and where do I fit my exercise??? I LOVED doing it in the morning, but my gym doesn't open until 5am. I've gotta figure s'thing out b/c I can tell a HUGE difference since I haven't been working out. As for the challenge, we can (1) do one just for us Lucky 7s or (2) we can join some of the other challenges out on the board. I know there's a September to Thanksgiving challenge that was started.

What do ya'll think???

OMG Chim even when I was your age I could not have worked those hours!!!! I think we should have our own excercise challenge (imho)..

Dini- Our electric company will estimate our bills sometime in the summer when the meter readers are on vacation - Well think about it I live in the DESERT HOT SUMMER - and they will estimate low - and then the next month have a $400 bill just for electric.. I can't beleive your whole staff just up and quit... Glad to hear that you & Adam are getting on better. I think I missed my calling - I should have been a counsler or motivational speaker (imho) - It's just too bad that it's easier to give advice than follow it :phanvan. I am a person who tells it like it is (i think you are that way too :biggrin1:)

Phyl - I would love the 4 dayer out of Long Beach - the younger once will love it as this was my 1st curise back in 93 and it was a party ship - I did party til 4 in the morn back then - now don't think i could hang that late but might give it a good effort :biggrin1:...

Sunny - Will be in touch - hope the funk is lifting.

so i posted tuesday about the 'too-tight' fill (really uncomfortable golf ball feeling in the chest and vomiting-yuck!). i called my doc and we decided to just give it a day or two. yesterday i just sipped Water all day. i slept great, totally comfortable and woke up feeling fabulous!! today i am able to drink more. i am having some apple juice with liquid Vitamins (my mom and i got at sam's...pretty cheap & tastes decent, just mix it with a little juice...you guys should try it). he told me to go to brown warm liquids tomorrow (broths & such).

i am really excited. i have been so incredibly discouraged. i thought this surgery might not work for me-finally, i feel hope!

hi jackie!

girl 3 days ago, i felt the same way! i had my surgery july13. my first fill did nothing, no restriction. and i was feeling like this surgery was going to be a failure. i went tuesday for my 2nd fill (went from 1.5cc to 2cc in a 4cc band) and wah-hoo! i am sooo tight! i love it! the first day was scary. i had a little freak out. i was used to my post-op diet (anything and everything but bread!!!!) and this is totally different. i am sipping Water. it's like a tiny little funnel is in my throat...too much and it can't go anywhere but back up.

anyway, my point is...it will get better! it will work! we will succed! just stick in there! i hope your 2nd fill goes good, but hey, maybe it will take the 3rd? it's all a mystery. but the universe will unravel as it should. be patient, little grasshopper!

greatest of luck to you!

hi jackie!

girl 3 days ago, i felt the same way! i had my surgery july13. my first fill did nothing, no restriction. and i was feeling like this surgery was going to be a failure. i went tuesday for my 2nd fill (went from 1.5cc to 2cc in a 4cc band) and wah-hoo! i am sooo tight! i love it! the first day was scary. i had a little freak out. i was used to my post-op diet (anything and everything but bread!!!!) and this is totally different. i am sipping Water. it's like a tiny little funnel is in my throat...too much and it can't go anywhere but back up.

anyway, my point is...it will get better! it will work! we will succed! just stick in there! i hope your 2nd fill goes good, but hey, maybe it will take the 3rd? it's all a mystery. but the universe will unravel as it should. be patient, little grasshopper!

greatest of luck to you!

Hi Bluebike;

I am glad that you are happy with your fill results. The first day is a bit scary!! I was getting stuck on Water too.

Today has been a bit better, had some turkey salad for lunch 1/2 cup ...ooohh it tasted so good!

I made a turkey casserole for dinner tonight so I am hoping it will be o.k. too. Worried that I am not getting in enough liquids though.. its hard to sip sip at water!

Dini;

I am so impressed with your memory! Yes, I am a bit tight, but I've decided to ride it out for a couple of days. I seem to be a 'wee' bit better today than yesturday..

I was down some more in weight today, guess keeping your food to under 800 cals really does pay off LOL...

I am glad I got this band & grateful for all my new Buddies on here!

babes sorry i missed you!! i'm bad!!

'seize the day' thats cape diem isn't it??

Yup. Right on the snoot.

Do you ever swing by southern France? We have a house right on the beach in Narbonne-plage. Wouldn't it be a hoot to "beach-it" together? We rent it out during the really sunny times, but try to get over there 1 - 2 times/year. If you have a second, check out No. 7 Promenade . That's us.

I've always wanted to tour Ireland, but with these stupid/deceptive airfare taxes/fuel tariffs (aka increased ticket prices that the airlines are too chicken s!@t list in the basic ticket price) it's getting harder and harder to just jump the big pond on a whim.

Car

I've been going diligently every morning to the gym for 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was easy to get into this routine when my son started school at the end of August. There are half a dozen other mothers who walk their children to the street from our apartment complex to catch the same bus. I'm the biggest one of them all. (us chubbies always know when we're the biggest).

So this morning I got quite the surprise when two of the other mothers told me they'd be joining me in the gym this morning. They said they've noticed that I go every day and figured that if I can do it, they can do it. I set myself up for my usual routine; an incline of 3 at a speed of 3.7 for 30 minutes. Off I went....

15 minutes later the first of the two mothers said she'd had enough and climbed off. 5 minutes after that, the other mother dropped off. I kept on keeping on and finished as schedules after my 30 minutes. Both of them commented on how shocked they were at their own lack of fitness and just as surprisingly at mine. I tell ya... I hadn't felt that good in SUCH a long time. Me. Chubby me! Outdoing the skinny ones!

Excuse me while I once again blow my own trumpet and ring my own bell! :whoo::whoo::clap2::whoo::whoo::clap2::whoo::whoo:

Come on girls! For those of you needing a little motivation, stand tall with me as we claim this eensy weensy little victory against obesity and the challenges that come with it.

I'm gonna be shaking my groove thang all day long. :car:

I agree about the exercise challenge. I myself have stopped my routine. I'm sad about that. :car: I have a part-time job now, so here's how my day goes...I'm up at 5am to get to work at 6am. I get off at 2pm to get to my part-time job at 3pm. I get off my part-time job at 11pm. When and where do I fit my exercise??? I LOVED doing it in the morning, but my gym doesn't open until 5am.

I've gotta figure s'thing out b/c I can tell a HUGE difference since I haven't been working out.

As for the challenge, we can (1) do one just for us Lucky 7s or (2) we can join some of the other challenges out on the board. I know there's a September to Thanksgiving challenge that was started.

What do ya'll think???

Cherea, When do you get a chance to breathe? faint.gif

How about doing something early in the morning with the big stretchy bands or something similar even it it's only 10 or 15 minutes? Dance to your favorite tunes... or there is even a series of Vinyasa yoga moves you can do while you are still in bed. They take about 10 minutes and keep you lithe. Also help with energy level.

Hope you find a solution.

Car

Don't give up!

babes i'm so happy for you!!! have you seen him much? has be got a wealthy brother??

i know its a bitch working so hard isn't it. i just got a whole load of bills in my door and last week i got one for 480 euro for gas. i rang them up and asked was it a mistake and they said

NO WHY YOU SAY THAT?

i said

COS LOOK AT MY LAST BILLS THEY WERE 100 EURO

cheeky cow said

THEY WERE ALL ESTMATES

i said

DONT EVER ESTMATE ME AGAIN.

i was so annoyed!

i'm such a moany cow!!!

Dini, no you're not! I had a similar thing with the gas in our place in Narbonne-plage. Less than 30 Euros/month then "whammy" 400+!! What is with the estimates stichk? Ugh.

clap2.gifBy the way, you are really trucking away with that weight loss. You go girl!

I noticed your Irish leprechaun ..."and the rest of the day to you".

ranger.gif Car (this is what I look like most of the day)

I've been going diligently every morning to the gym for 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was easy to get into this routine when my son started school at the end of August. There are half a dozen other mothers who walk their children to the street from our apartment complex to catch the same bus. I'm the biggest one of them all. (us chubbies always know when we're the biggest).

So this morning I got quite the surprise when two of the other mothers told me they'd be joining me in the gym this morning. They said they've noticed that I go every day and figured that if I can do it, they can do it. I set myself up for my usual routine; an incline of 3 at a speed of 3.7 for 30 minutes. Off I went....

15 minutes later the first of the two mothers said she'd had enough and climbed off. 5 minutes after that, the other mother dropped off. I kept on keeping on and finished as schedules after my 30 minutes. Both of them commented on how shocked they were at their own lack of fitness and just as surprisingly at mine. I tell ya... I hadn't felt that good in SUCH a long time. Me. Chubby me! Outdoing the skinny ones!

Excuse me while I once again blow my own trumpet and ring my own bell! :whoo::whoo::clap2::whoo::whoo::clap2::whoo::whoo:

Come on girls! For those of you needing a little motivation, stand tall with me as we claim this eensy weensy little victory against obesity and the challenges that come with it.

I'm gonna be shaking my groove thang all day long. :D

Ruby - you have every right to toot your own horn on this:clap2::whoo:

congrats:clap2: -It just proves that just cuz you are skinny doesn't mean yo are fit.

I am doing speed 3.2 on interval with a 3.5 incline - I do 30 minutes the days that I work out on weights and 40 to 60 minutes on the days I don't... I understand your excitement for me just going to the gym is a NSV....

Awesome NSV, Ruby. I am so proud of you! You go right ahead and blow that trumpet and ring thoes bells! You deserve it!

GO RUBY!!!!!!!!

Shake dat grove thing!!!

My first fill has done naught. I get upset thinking I have to wait 4 weeks for another, and the 2nd will still probably leave me unrestricted. I didn't think it would be such a long process. 800 calories a day is very hard with no restriction.

Well guys I had my first fill today!!!!! I am excited just because it feels like im finally starting something!!! I know I wont have much restriction but hey, like the Dr. Said, we have to start somewhere! Yay!!!

hi jackie!

greatest of luck to you!

Thanks Bluebike. I am feeling lots better. Got my second fill today. I just went last Wednesday for the first one but had no restriction so I called this Monday and told them and she scheduled me for a 2nd one today. Went today and she added 2.4 in my band. I already had 4.6 so that is a total of 7. I told her of my fears of filling my band all the way up and having no more room for adjustments if I needed them. She told me not to worry about that because there is no way that will happen.

I thought the size 10 band meant 10cc but she says it means 10 CM whatever the heck all that means. I decided today I am not going to try to figure out the sizing and all of that of these bands I am just going to work it like I am supposed to and fil er up when I need to, just like my car. LOL

I do have to say I definately have restriction tonight though. I drank a little to fast earlier and took to big of drinks and I could feel it right at the back of my throat waiting to go down.

I am to see the PA every 4 weeks from my fill so today when I was leaving I said I will see you in 4 weeks and she said 'if you feel like you are able to eat more than a 1/4- 1/2 cup of food at a time and need a fill call before the 4 weeks and we will get you in. WOOHOO!! They are very careful with the fills but also agressive. Like she said today, 'YOU HAVE TO TOOL WE MIGHT AS WELL MAKE IT WORK LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO.'

Oh yeah the most important part........................1 LOST 3 POUNDS FROM LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whoo::whoo:

Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying life as a bandster!!!

Well guys I had my first fill today!!!!! I am excited just because it feels like im finally starting something!!! I know I wont have much restriction but hey, like the Dr. Said, we have to start somewhere! Yay!!!

Kristin I was filled 9/5 and i have pretty good restriction and this was my first fill - sometimes they can hit your sweet spot right away - if i eat too fast omg the golf ball - i have slimed/pd once after eating 4 puff cheetos then tried to eat some pudding... it just popped right back up. I can eat about 1 cup of food - my doc had me go back to original diet 1 week liq/1 wk pureed/1wk soft -

Good luck on your fill