Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA lately. I don't know what is wrong with me. I have been in a really funky mood. And I find I haven't been losing much. I do better when I come here regularly for support. I feel like I am sabatoging myself. BTW, chocolate goes down really easy.

I have been having a lot of discomfort when eating since I got filled. Breads are a definite no-no. chicken is no fun either. I think I am eating too fast. Like Marcy said, a couple of bites and then...wham...pain. I have to sit and wait and usually don't finish. I chew pretty good but I have been chewing more just in case. Why is it you hurt if you eat fast as long as you chew well? Sometimes I just want to be able to sit and eat a whole meal like I used to. Maybe I am going through food withdrawal.

Anyway, sorry for not being so sunny today.

How is Dini? did she get back from her trip to Italy?

Someone, I think Phyl, mentioned the cruise again. I am still interested.

I will talk with y'all tomorrow.

Hi everyone.

Just checking in quickly.

I made a really good mushy food today but I'm not sure how good on calories. It was salmon croquettes. I used a can of Bumblebee brand salmon that comes with a recipe on the back. The only change I made to the recipe was that I just added a capful more lemon juice, 1/2 oa cup od spinach instead of peppers and Old Bay Seasoning to the mixture. It tasted very good but it's pan fried which means extra fat/oil. It went down easy though. I CAN'T wait for my fill!!

Walking record

30 minutes on the treadmill today with little effort. I was watching an episode of weeds which made time go by quickly.

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA lately. I don't know what is wrong with me. I have been in a really funky mood. And I find I haven't been losing much. I do better when I come here regularly for support. I feel like I am sabatoging myself. BTW, chocolate goes down really easy.

I have been having a lot of discomfort when eating since I got filled. Breads are a definite no-no. chicken is no fun either. I think I am eating too fast. Like Marcy said, a couple of bites and then...wham...pain. I have to sit and wait and usually don't finish. I chew pretty good but I have been chewing more just in case. Why is it you hurt if you eat fast as long as you chew well? Sometimes I just want to be able to sit and eat a whole meal like I used to. Maybe I am going through food withdrawal.

Anyway, sorry for not being so sunny today.

How is Dini? did she get back from her trip to Italy?

Someone, I think Phyl, mentioned the cruise again. I am still interested.

I will talk with y'all tomorrow.

Sunny - Girl Friend - we know why you are in a funk - you lost your baby. You are using food as a comfort for the loss of your baby..:confused:

But!!! NOW I want you to pull yourself up by your boot straps and #1 don't buy the chocolate!!!! Go throw away all that good yummy stuff and as you throw it in the trash say these word "Better in Thee Than in ME"... if you don't buy it you can't eat it... That's my personal rule - if it's not in the house i can't eat it - I have sf choc puddings or healthy request fudge cicles - I will have 2 puddings & 1 fudge cicle in an evening (pre-fill) that was a total of 200 calories

You really don't want to be able to sit down and eat like you use to - that's what got you to the place of needing/wanting the band... That's it's purpose "Portion Control" When you are sad - get on the computer and one of us here will talk to you and try to help. In fact I have unlimited long distants - if you want to pm me your home # - I will call and talk to you... You went through a lot to get your band - and I know that you really want to succeed - it's just hard right now and i understand. Again... get those Boot Straps and yank real hard - get back on the "band" wagon - We are here for you GF..;)

I got filled last Wed and am suppose to be on full liquids for 1 week and i'm changing that to 5 days (then pureed for a week then soft then regular) - yesterday i had 3 oz of fish and could not finish the last bite. Got up in the middle of the night and tried to eat a bit of chicken tender that my GS had left - i chewed but ate fast and got that golf ball - i think that even though we are chewing - the eating too fast doesn't allow enough time for the food to pass through the hole from your new tummy to the old one - this is Dr Janet's reasoning - Infact i just got on to post this same question tonight - even if i CHEW well i am still getting stuck. I gotta say that my fill is working - Soup i could eat but the equates to Water going right thru - but tonite my x-dil fixed me a little casserol of green ck enchallida - OMG they are deliouse but i could only eat about 5 bites and i am stuffed.. I stopped before i got over filled or stuck.. That golf ball in the chest hurts..

Sunny - We are here for you.....

I am really in a rut as far as getting myself in gear to exercise - I had hoped with 30# gone I would feel more like it, but no such luck. I teach 4th grade and am on my feet all day and am just TIRED when I get home. Any good motivational advice (other than get off my butt) :help:

Unruhlyhd - can you get up 45 minutes earlier and do your exercise of choice - this way you won't be too tired - how long is your lunch - can you walk for 10 - 15 - 30 minutes.. I understand the tired - if i don't go to the gym right after work - i just won't do it - Did you watch "Fat March?" That was my motivation today - i wanted to quit after 1 mile but I thought of the 6 who finished and figured i could do one more mile.

Well, he did say my port was deep, but I thought I could feel it not too far under my skin. They told me on the phone they'd been "having some problems", I assume finding the port. So the fluoroscopy is a precautionary measure, I guess. I was on that hard table 15-20 minutesand much of that was the doc trying to find the right spot. I seem to be doing better today.

Supposed to be on liquids, but no milk in the house to mix a Protein Drink so I had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for Breakfast. Was starting to feel hungry about mid-morning but ignored it. Around noon I went out for a ride on my scooter and got a latte. I took 1/2 scoop of Protein Powder in a little cup in my pocket and asked the gal to put it in my latte. That was an hour ago and I still don't feel hungry, so that should hold me for a while. It didn't dissolve very good, though.

CRUISE :update:

I also talked to the local travel agent while I was out. Because of the hurricane danger she recommended Alaska or the Mexico. She agreed that Mexico would be very hot and humid in August. I asked her about Hawaii. She said at that time of the year you have two options... round trip flight to Honolulu and cruise the islands for 7 days or board in San Diego and go over and back. She said either of those is pricey and the San Diego round trip cruise would be 14-15 days. Turn around cruises in April or September are a good bargain, but everyone seemed to want to go in August. She will have prices for me tomorrow. She highly recommended Holland America out of Seattle to Alaska.

Phly - Congrats on the fill :clap2: sounds like it's working,...

On the curise issue just want to make everyone aware there is no gambling on Hawaiin or Alaskan cruise - just in case it matters to anyone. I'm not a big gambler so it doesn't matter to me - and in August I would welcome cooler weather. July & Aug are the prime months to go to alaska so prices will be higher - how about changing it to April - early May and do the little 4 day out of Los Angeles that goes to Catalina & Ensanda.. Just an idea as July & Aug are not good months to cruise...

Well just jumped on for a minute and now 45 have dissappeared - could only read 1 - 1/2 pages - and need to get some things done before bed.

Talk you later..

i got my second fill today...AND IT IS A NEW WORLD!! i have to sip water...s l o w l y. even then, it kinda gurgles around and takes a few minutes to 'go down'. i tried to eat some broth and it came right back up. (in fact, i vomited 5-6 times this evening). i am doing all this burping. i am not really able to lay down. salvia is in overproduction mode and i feel like i am going to vomit again.

i am oddly happy about all this. i've not had any restriction at all since my band placement, and i've only kept off about 5 of the 15 i lost as a result of the pre-op/post-op. i am wondering if any of you have felt this. and if it will 'give' a little, at least.

thanks

Hey Gang! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm at work already and it's 6:30am!

Welcome to Chloe and Bluebike! Glad to have you here. The Lucky 7s are AWESOME!!! We're such a caring, supportive group.

I'm so jealous of all of you. I STILL do not have my fill. Not until 9/27. I am doing my best to hang in there, but it's hard. I can seriously eat anything w/o any problems.

Sunny, sweetie, I'm sorry you're in a funk. I know what those are like. I think IndioGirl is right, though. You're probably still down from losing your doggie. Just know that you can come here anytime and one of us will be here for you! Or, you can call me, too. I'll PM you my number.

Auntie Phyl, WOOHOO!!! You got your fill! I had to laugh at Phyl's Fill. I'm so happy for you. What an ordeal getting the actual appt, though, huh???

Unruhlyd, Can you get up a bit earlier and do 30 mins of walking? Or walk on your lunch break? Just a couple of ideas. Like Brandy said, we've gotta just do it. We've got to make it a part of our lives, just like brushing our teeth. I'm speaking to myself as I type this. Someone has said there are 2 groups here on LBT - those who exercise and those who don't. Those who do, they are VERY successful w/the band. I'm gonna be in this group.

Bostonchic and AshRae, welcome back! We've missed you!

Hi ShannonRT, Indio, Frustrated, Brandy, Peaches, SSanka!

Lynette and Dini, where are you???

bluebike--I can relate to everything you said about the tight fill. It's been almost 4 weeks now, and I still have issues with burping and vomiting. There is no way that I can get even close to 60 grams of Protein every day, however I do beel that I am able to take enough Water so I don't get dehydrated, and I can eat small amounts of solid foods--sometimes. Yes, the weight is melting off, but it hasn't been much fun. Here's the thing: If I didn't have to pay $300 per visit, I would have asked for a little unfill. My plan is to tough this out and hopefully soon I will have lost enough of the fat pad around my stomach so that the band will "losen up" a bit and things will ease. For sure if you can't keep fluids down, you definitely need to call your doctor ASAP. From everything I've read, a too tight fill is not a good thing.

Chim;

You are great at this online stuff.... you always remember everyone's names to say Hello.

I LOVE this board... I don't know where I'd be with out the support and advise.

I am having a bit of trouble swallowing this a.m.( 2nd fill yest) it was easier last night. Ii am wondering how long it will be tight and if I just need to be patient and wait it out?

I'd really like some sort of breaky, I am hungry.

lindaa:

hey, i was a tj (dr huacuz) bander also! so we don't have the luxury of free fills for a year! boo. thank you so much for your comment. it's terribly comforting to know others are going through the same horror! : )

do you know, though, after i calmed down and stopped all the worrying, mine got a little better (at least i could sleep). it's funny, i guess this is what we paid for...THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED !!??

hope the best for you girl!

autumn

oh, have any of you guys ever noticed a fill loosening slightly after a few days?

Hey Gang! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm at work already and it's 6:30am!

Welcome to Chloe and Bluebike! Glad to have you here. The Lucky 7s are AWESOME!!! We're such a caring, supportive group.

I'm so jealous of all of you. I STILL do not have my fill. Not until 9/27. I am doing my best to hang in there, but it's hard. I can seriously eat anything w/o any problems.

Sunny, sweetie, I'm sorry you're in a funk. I know what those are like. I think IndioGirl is right, though. You're probably still down from losing your doggie. Just know that you can come here anytime and one of us will be here for you! Or, you can call me, too. I'll PM you my number.

Auntie Phyl, WOOHOO!!! You got your fill! I had to laugh at Phyl's Fill. I'm so happy for you. What an ordeal getting the actual appt, though, huh???

Unruhlyd, Can you get up a bit earlier and do 30 mins of walking? Or walk on your lunch break? Just a couple of ideas. Like Brandy said, we've gotta just do it. We've got to make it a part of our lives, just like brushing our teeth. I'm speaking to myself as I type this. Someone has said there are 2 groups here on LBT - those who exercise and those who don't. Those who do, they are VERY successful w/the band. I'm gonna be in this group.

Bostonchic and AshRae, welcome back! We've missed you!

Hi ShannonRT, Indio, Frustrated, Brandy, Peaches, SSanka!

Lynette and Dini, where are you???

thanks chim! i think i need some support!!! my mom was banded also, but her doc is very conservative! she was banded in march and still no restriction...she is thinking of using another fill doc....so, she is some support, but when i can't even sip Water and she's eating ribs...it's hard to relate!

i am glad i posted!! thanks you guys!!

Chim;

You are great at this online stuff.... you always remember everyone's names to say Hello.

I LOVE this board... I don't know where I'd be with out the support and advise.

I am having a bit of trouble swallowing this a.m.( 2nd fill yest) it was easier last night. Ii am wondering how long it will be tight and if I just need to be patient and wait it out?

I'd really like some sort of breaky, I am hungry.

Peaches, thanks sweetie! I try to remember everyone...I don't always, but I try.

I know after a fill, you may be a bit swollen, so you're gonna have a bit more restriction. Also, a lot of folks say they're tighter in the morning and when Aunt Flo comes. I would just take it easy w/liquids today and see if that helps out. It'll give some time for the swelling to go down.

i got my second fill today...AND IT IS A NEW WORLD!! i have to sip water...s l o w l y. even then, it kinda gurgles around and takes a few minutes to 'go down'. i tried to eat some broth and it came right back up. (in fact, i vomited 5-6 times this evening). i am doing all this burping. i am not really able to lay down. salvia is in overproduction mode and i feel like i am going to vomit again.

i am oddly happy about all this. i've not had any restriction at all since my band placement, and i've only kept off about 5 of the 15 i lost as a result of the pre-op/post-op. i am wondering if any of you have felt this. and if it will 'give' a little, at least.

thanks

bluebike--I can relate to everything you said about the tight fill. It's been almost 4 weeks now, and I still have issues with burping and vomiting. There is no way that I can get even close to 60 grams of Protein every day, however I do beel that I am able to take enough Water so I don't get dehydrated, and I can eat small amounts of solid foods--sometimes. Yes, the weight is melting off, but it hasn't been much fun. Here's the thing: If I didn't have to pay $300 per visit, I would have asked for a little unfill. My plan is to tough this out and hopefully soon I will have lost enough of the fat pad around my stomach so that the band will "losen up" a bit and things will ease. For sure if you can't keep fluids down, you definitely need to call your doctor ASAP. From everything I've read, a too tight fill is not a good thing.

Bluebike and Lindaa,

I just want to caution both of you to watch the amount of your fills. You don't want them to ever be too tight b/c you run the risk of slips and erosion. Just monitor how your body responds over the next several days. If you still can't keep anything down, you definitely need a slight unfill. I just don't want you guys to risk your bands!

Soon after a fill, there is some swelling, so my doc has me do liquids for that day. It may loosen a bit as the swelling subsides.

All, here's a great thread about fills. Click on the link in the first msg. It has plenty of great fill info.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/fills-adjustment-info-3733/

Cherea

Did anyone else watch the first show in the new series of Biggest Loser last night?

I have mixed emotions over it. I enjoy watching the journey of those losing weight. I can relate to each of the contestants and their different struggles with weight. It's a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is fortunate enough to be chosen to be on that show. It's very humbling watching them bare their souls and wondering if I could do the same thing on camera. I don't think I could. :straight

But towards the end of the show I had two "problems" with it. The weigh-in is always the highlight and some of the results the contestants were getting were out of this world. The most was 31lbs in a week! But the contestants that lost the least amount of weight (7 and 8lbs) were left feeling and looking like they'd failed and hadn't tried hard enough. I've been fortunate enough that I lost 8 or 9lbs in the first week or so and I was over the moon! It was upsetting to see these people so disappointed that their weight loss was so "small" :)

And if that wasn't bad enough, when it came to discussing amongst the team members who should be eliminated, the group turned on that one woman Amber. I was shocked when one of the women said "Nobody's saying what they really want to say to you Amber but I will. You're not a team player and you're dragging us down." (or words to that effect) My jaw hit the ground. And it made me feel so bad Amber and yet so thankful that everyone here is so supportive. I have an instant dislike for that woman that initiated the conversation, but I also lost respect for the rest of the team as a whole. They should all know what it's like to fail and to be told you're a failure, and yet they turned on one of their own and let her have it.

I know the show is all about showing the worst for the sake of good entertainment and that it's a competition, but my heart went out to that woman when they turned on her. :)