Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Luna and Amy, you sound like your Iron and or Vitamin D level maybe down. I had those exact symptoms when I was anemic a year ago. Are you making sure to take your multi Vitamins everyday? I take two horse size Centrum complete daily. One in the morning and one in the evening. I feel amazing. I have more energy then I have in years. I mention this because Bypass has that side effect for many of us. But at the 3 month visit you'll have a complete lab work done. That's when your doctor or RN will adjust any supplements.

My surgeon is having me take a Multi-Vitamin called optisource. It's especially for post bariatric patients. But it's 4 huge (but chewable) a day. I'll admit, I'm not super good about taking all 4. It's so hard to take that many! (I'm supposed to take them with a meal also) I wonder if there's a different one I can take. Although now I have 3 bottles of these, I need to just take them. I'll go take one right now. :D

After a 10 day stall my scale moved. I lost "1" lb. SOOOOOO EXCITED this morning. Jeez, 9 days was an eternity. Anyone had had long stalls like that? I don't understand why it happens. Has anyone heard a good answer from their doctor. My NUT just said not to worry about it. Well!!!

I just had about a 10 day stall too!!! I was at 201, just dying to get into ONDERLAND!! This morning (I think due to have THREE BM's this weekend, whoohoo!) I was down 1 whole pound too! So right at 200.....SO.CLOSE.TO.ONDERLAND!!!!

I don't know what it happens either, but I'm just happy right now that the scale isn't going UP! LOL! :P

I'm at a stall too. Still stuck at 218/219 :( I was so happy when I got down to that and I thought for sure I'd be close to onederland by the new year, but that's not going to happen :(

My pants feel like they've gotten bigger and bigger all day long, LOL. They're not ones that usually stretch either.

Maybe I've just been dropping pounds all day....Haha! Wouldn't that be nice! :P

@auri, thanks for the chart! Thats a great guideline. Im glad we're losing at a steady snd reasonable manner. I didn't want to lose too fast. Sounds like you're on target!! Good job!!

I can't wait to squeeeezzze into a 10 and feel healthy and look good. That's my goal. I want my curves.

What's your goal.

My goal is single digit, so an 8 would be nice. I have more of a weight one than size, I want to be in between 135-150,so whatever size that happens to be is what it is!

After a 10 day stall my scale moved. I lost "1" lb. SOOOOOO EXCITED this morning. Jeez, 9 days was an eternity. Anyone had had long stalls like that? I don't understand why it happens. Has anyone heard a good answer from their doctor. My NUT just said not to worry about it. Well!!!

my longest stall was 12 days.

I've been stalled, too. Coupled with Constipation ... well - not the best. My PCP asked me to increase my calories, I was only getting about 400, now I'm up to 600. I think my body is settling down. At this point I weigh less than I have in 10 years. As long as I eating so little, I know I'm on the right path. I don't even know how much I used to eat.

I spent 10 days at 200. Those stalls are killer and come at the worst time. But when you hit under that it's glorious. Sitting at 198 from 248. Today is exactly 3 months. I'd say this is working ❤️ 20 more pounds and I'll be at what I was when my husband and I got married 10 years ago. I'm hoping to be around 135-150 at goal!

My goal is single digit, so an 8 would be nice. I have more of a weight one than size, I want to be in between 135-150,so whatever size that happens to be is what it is!

that's exactly the weight range and pant size I'm thinking.

@dc0520---You and I are very close to the same! I started at 249 and am at 200 right now.

I can't wait for the glorious ONEDERLAND!! :P

@@Beni and group, I have stalled for several days, and then I'll lose one or two lbs, and then I'll be ok until the next stall. I was 259 at the first of Dec.. mid month i stalled. Now, I'm at 248, and hoping at my 4 month check up/Jan 7th, ill be close to 240. What a journey this is!! I have NO regrets. I carried a 20 lb bag of dog food, and I was telling myself it was heavy.. then I reflected on how much I have lost thus far.. 73lbs! Im half was there!

The New Year feels pretty darn good! And one resolution is NOT a diet! It is to embrace my new changes in the spirit of gratefulness.

@@smiley, I think you'll Make your goal

You go girl!

To those of you who are in a or have had a recent stall, my heart goes to you because it is mentally devastating. I have been reading about them. It looks like after a period of weight loss our bodies are trying to hold on to the "dear fat" by resetting our metabolism. It's a starvation mode. Some of the things I read (not personally tested) are: An these can be just for a couple days or for a short while. It's intended as a burst.

1. Increase Water intake

2. Increase exercise

3. Increase Protein intake (but I have also read increase food intake, IDK)

The goal is to shake the system and reset the fat burn rate. Turns out our body losses fat as Water and air (pee and breath). This is why the water intake is so crucial to flush and it may explain why body odor (BO) is up. With exercise it's the same thing. We are reseting the burn rate. I am not as sure about the science behind the Protein but I think it is also because muscle burns more fat and increasing protein while exercising will promote weight loss.

The last thing is to avoid snacking (me, a little guilty) because calories do add up. Can't wait for the holiday season to be gone so I can focus. It's hard not to take a tiny bite here and there when it's staring at you. We have lots of sweets, Cookies and chocolates on our dining room table displayed through the holidays. We have always done this and the kids love it. We plan what is worthy of the holiday table for weeks. I only do it from Christmas Eve through New Year's but that's a whole week of all our favorite sweets staring at us. It's a family tradition and when friends or family drop by there is always something to offer.

If anyone knows of other stall busting ideas please share.

Cant believe it, never even thought this was a possibility last New Years. 85 pounds gone since March 21, the day I was diagnosed with Diabetes. Who would have thought that would be the beginning of my new healthy life. Woot woot!!! Happy New Years to the best support group there is.

post-217122-14200304401572_thumb.jpg

@dc0520---You and I are very close to the same! I started at 249 and am at 200 right now.

I can't wait for the glorious ONEDERLAND!! :P

That is awesome. My surgery weight was 247 and I am at 210. Great job.