Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! I had a great day with my girls and hubby - my biggest gift was finally hitting onderland! 199! Yahoo! I'll share the joyous picture after weighing and baking Cookies ???? (that I didn't eat lol)post-227578-14196052220073_thumb.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday! It wasn't so bad for me, I had some ham and scalloped potatoes while everyone else had lasagna and ziti lol. I had some cucumbers and fresh red peppers and I was totally fine, yayyy!!! I had to stop myself from grazing tho, I caught myself a few times by the cheese n crackers and Cookies lol. I did have 2 cranberry oatmeal cookies but they were spread out like hours. But mostly i was grazing on the veggies and grapes....so glad the holiday parties are over!

My holiday was a bit of a bummer. My dad has been ashamed of my weight for the last 15 years-(I'm only 30) and has tortured me about it for as long as I can remember. He's kind of an assh*le. I love him, but he is.

So I hoped that he would be supportive of my WLS choice. He was not, but about a month ago after seeing my great results - he seemed to have this change of heart.

My husband and I drive home to my parents house every Sunday for dinner, so I had to have a talk with dad about my new diet. I gave him the basic low fat, low sugar, Protein first guidelines and said "if there's ever any issue with dinner or you want to make something that doesn't fit my new plan it's not a big deal. Just let me know and I'll bring an alternative." The next Sunday he made an amazing and perfectly fine fish stew and I was elated that we'd had a civil conversation and he'd actually LISTENED to me!

Fast forward to Christmas - DH and I talk to him about dinner the week before and he says he's making roast chicken. Yay! I can eat that! But when the day comes we go over for Xmas supper and Dad has made the greasiest most unhealthy pizza I've ever seen in my life. I wanted to cry. And dad got all pissed off that I wouldn't eat the pizza until I explained why and then everyone got all weird and it felt awful. I felt forgotten and left out and like a huge inconvenience to everyone. I ended up not eating anything all day and just feeling awful. (Also they live out in rural Virginia- I can't just pop in the car and hit a trader joes)

I can't really explain why that pissed me off so much, but there were only 4 (mom, dad, hubby, me) people at Christmas supper and he decided to make a greasy pizza... Ugh. I feel like a whiney spoiled baby but at the same time I wanna be like "dude, your daughter just had weight loss surgery- you want to feed her pizza? WTF?"

@@superbariatricbabe, I'm sorry that Christmas went the way it did. Hopefully was just a lapse in judgement on his part. Good for you for not eating it. You're doing great and becoming a healthy person FOR YOU.

@dc0520---AWESOME!!! Congrats!!! Your picture is adorable!! What sweet girls! And you look amazing girl!!!

@superbariatricbabe--Oh no! So sorry that happened! :unsure: And especially when you had talked to him about it ahead of time and he said he was going to do chicken? Ugh... I totally understand why you felt the way you did!! Hopefully nothing like that will happen again!

I was quite shocked to find out yesterday I was able to eat some lasagna. I only ate about 4 little bites and I was done though.

I also had one bite of 7 layer salad, half a rice krisipie treat, AND about a 1/2" piece of fudge. This was all over about 6 hours. I had about 2 minutes of, "Oh crap, I'm getting nauseous" and then it was gone. Whew!

DC! AWESOME! Way to go. You look so happy and your kids are adorable.

Superbariatricpal - I am so sorry. But, lesson learned: ALWAYS BRING SOMETHING WITH YOU THAT YOU CAN EAT.

So, my Christmas story regarding "non-supportive" people. I have not told anyone in my family that I had surgery. They think I had my gallbladder out. I live in Philly. My family is in CT. Well, I arrived at mom's house on Christmas Eve in the afternoon. I walked in and she said absolutely NOTHING about how I looked. So, I go to thinking, well, I am a tall person so maybe 50 pounds doesn't show on a tall person. (Mind you, my mom is 5 ft 8 inches and probably NEVER weighed over 135 pounds in her life - - - and she eats sweets, candy, breads, etc. ALL THE TIME - - and never understood why I was heavy. She used to torture me into doing situps in the living during high school. I was a 3 sport athlete and in excellent shape... just larger boned than her.) A few hours later we went to my brother's house. My nephew's (senior in high school) first words out of his mouth: "Oh my! You look fantastic!" Then my brother chimed in: "Tam, have you been working out. You are so pretty!" My mom's mouth dropped because she wasn't the center of attention.

So, today, we went shopping and i was buying smaller clothers. She finally said: "You do look very good. Keep it up. You will feel better." NOW THAT IS A NON-SCALE VICTORY!

@auri, congratulations!! What a great victory!!! If you dont mind me asking.. at the time of your surgery what was your size? Im in a snug 18. At the time if my surg, I had stretched out my 24's, so in reality, I think I was a 24-26. Boy oh boy, is that hard to swallow. But, it feels good to be able to say it without judgement in this forum. My goal was to be at 249 on Christmas. After my second bowel movement on Christmas morning, i reached 249.8 lbs! That was good enough for me! 72lbs down and Only 89 to go!

I love to read our groups stories, i feel inspired by everyone! I love my family dearly, and they are a tremendous support system, BUT they just don't get it at times. Question to the group.. when you see people you haven't seen.in a while, do they comment on your weight loss?

My experience.. not one person. I have.yo show them a pic of the old me, so they can see the difference.

Also,can anyone tell me how to download a pic on this forum, ao I can share the difference??

@joankrie--I've had a few people comment. But I "think" when we lose weight that quick, people are sometimes leery to say anything, for fear we're sick or something! I had someone tell me that once.

Plus, I think I'm deficient in something because to me, I look pale and have dark circles under my eyes---so I probably do look "sicker" than I usually do.

My close friends, who know I had surgery tell me how awesome I look. (LOVE them!)

I was quite shocked to find out yesterday I was able to eat some lasagna. I only ate about 4 little bites and I was done though.

I also had one bite of 7 layer salad, half a rice krisipie treat, AND about a 1/2" piece of fudge. This was all over about 6 hours. I had about 2 minutes of, "Oh crap, I'm getting nauseous" and then it was gone. Whew!

I also ate fudge and it just made me light headed. I ate small amounts of hawaiian bread and had no issues. I ate ham yesterday and it was fine. I had red that ham was one of the later meats you should try along with beef at six months. Plesantly surprised. I didn't eat much but I did sample everything, we just had Snacks.

I also ate fudge and it just made me light headed. I ate small amounts of hawaiian bread and had no issues. I ate ham yesterday and it was fine. I had red that ham was one of the later meats you should try along with beef at six months. Plesantly surprised. I didn't eat much but I did sample everything, we just had Snacks.

@Superbariactricbabe, I get it!! I just don't think some people use common sense at times. My husband put alot of candy in my Christmas stocking. I was shocked. He didn't do it with mal intent. He just didn't think. Do you think your Dad was in the frame if mind?

@auri, congratulations!! What a great victory!!! If you dont mind me asking.. at the time of your surgery what was your size? Im in a snug 18. At the time if my surg, I had stretched out my 24's, so in reality, I think I was a 24-26. Boy oh boy, is that hard to swallow. But, it feels good to be able to say it without judgement in this forum. My goal was to be at 249 on Christmas. After my second bowel movement on Christmas morning, i reached 249.8 lbs! That was good enough for me! 72lbs down and Only 89 to go!

I love to read our groups stories, i feel inspired by everyone! I love my family dearly, and they are a tremendous support system, BUT they just don't get it at times. Question to the group.. when you see people you haven't seen.in a while, do they comment on your weight loss?

My experience.. not one person. I have.yo show them a pic of the old me, so they can see the difference.

Also,can anyone tell me how to download a pic on this forum, ao I can share the difference??

I was a 22/24 at the time. The 22 were getting tight and the 24 was fitting just right the way I like it, no stomach bulges. I was merely curious at how long it would take me to get to a 14. I never expected to get there so soon. I'm short 5'2" and weigh in at 208 give or take a Pound in either direction. I was hoping to be under 200 by my 3 month visit. I don't think that will happen as I have a week left. Although I have come close. I expect to lose it by the second or third week in January. I saw this super good chart for those of us who were between 250-300 lbs. I fit right into the category so I can't be too upset. I started this journey at 250 lbs, it is great being so close to onederland. Also I found a collarbone, yay!

post-185145-1419665783118_thumb.jpg

Omg girls and boys. I'm loving my transformation right now. I just tried on 2 shirts I bought over the summer in anticipation of wearing them after the surgery. The pink one is a 15/17 in juniors, and the grey one is a 11/13 in juniors. For some reason the pink one is tighter in the chest than the grey one but that's not the point. I can fit them, they are tighter than I normally wear but I'm not stretching them out sucking in my belly to do it. I now know what @@Beni was talking about, that wearing clothing that fits makes you look so much better. I just made a collage about then and now! I can totally see the changes.

post-185145-14196677014242_thumb.jpg