Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It finally happened. I know it was a matter of time. A, not if but a when? I had a moment that screamed, WHAT HAVE I DONE? But I'm over it now.

New years eve. Sick as a dog. Had steak at 7:00 PM. But mine was ground and I made it into a patty. I was thinking it would be easier to digest. There was also a bit of salad with caramelized onions. This is the 3rd time I have had a reaction to onions. I am done with onions for quite a while. Steak, I will try again but I will have to take only 1 or 2 bites. It was horrible. I was sick for 4 hours straight. Could not stop throwing up no matter what I did. At one point I chewed a TUMS in desperation and dry heaved for an hour. OMG. I am not sure why it was so bad but the desperation was beyond belief. I have not had severe nausea for that long in my entire life. I was a very nauseated pregnant woman but this was non-stop. My tummy hurt so badly too.

Our family went on a trip New Years day. We left at 7:00 AM and just returned. I didn't have the heart to cancel but I have been shell shocked ever since.

Aww beni. I so know the feeling. Steak is not my friend. I had a similar experience and once I'm sick my day is spent in bed. It's exhausting. I hope you are feeling better. Yesterday was my daughter and I's birthday and it was really hard not to make plans that involve food. Kind of a blah day.

Happy Birthday. So cute you both share the same b-day.

I feel much better but while on vacation that first day was not the best and I actually threw up in the car. Thank goodness I had a bag because it came so sudden there was no time to stop. Today I have been fine but all my food was mushy. Yogurt is my friend.

The odd thing is I throw up just slime. No food at all (maybe a tiny bit). Sorry for the TMI. Does anyone have this? It's like the food won't come up.

@@misstvb

How strange is that? It's like all is well then WAM sick like a dog. I can't figure it out. Maybe I'm eating too fast or something really is not okay with how, what I am eating because this is horrible. I'm not working right now but if I was, I would have not been able to cope.

Thank you for telling me this happens with you too because I was getting so discouraged. The first few times I thought it was because my stomach couldn't handle what I was eating (it may still be the case) but now I wonder if this is the way it's always going to be. I think we need some old timers or at least some people further down the line.

I have learned if I eat meat that is to dry. I get sick. I have eaten steak medium rare 3 times & have had no problems. I ate japanese food once from a food court at a mall & vomited. It was awful. Staying away from Chinese & Japanese food.

I have tried to limit eating out because I am not sure what is in the food such as hidden fat and sugar. But while on vacation, I had to. I had pork takitos and guacamole without a problem but next meal had grilled chicken and caramelized onions and lost my Cookies. I even made sure not to eat any browned bits. Only the inside of the chicken that was moist. I did eat one bite of the onions.

Today I am going to try to cook red Beans from scratch. I'll empty the bag of Beans in a bowl and cover them with boiling Water. I was told, if I do this I will be able to remove the skins a few hours later. Then after a 1/2 day of soaking or so, I will boil them and freeze in ziplock portions. Given the size of my meals. This bag will last until 2020. I find the skins too thick and annoying.

I have an issue with making such small meals all the time and as I get busy I notice I am not eating as well. I tend to grab foods that are not as high in Protein. Besides there is only so much cheese, hummus and yogurt I can handle.

I'm sorry you got so sick Beni. It's a miserable thing.

It's very strange- I have absolutely NO problem with lamb or steak. It's chicken and fish that I can't eat. I even have had pork and it was fine. Although all of you know when someone says they "ate something" it's like 3-4 bites. Take out boxes are the new norm. Also, I can barely get in 16 oz of liquid in a day, but I can knock back skim milk. So weird.

Again, I'm so sorry for you. Popsicles and yogurt and maybe a few saltines for you today.

I've been MIA for that last couple of weeks. My job is still not let me go back to work because they have to re-put me in the computer system because I've been off the payroll more than 30 days. So I've been off work for three months already. I've been home with the kids for their winter break and I know they enjoyed having me around but being broke is never fun. And I am so not used to being without money. Still stalled at 247. Sometimes when I eat it's like I have to go lay down immediately. still hopeful though.

@@misstvb

How strange is that? It's like all is well then WAM sick like a dog. I can't figure it out. Maybe I'm eating too fast or something really is not okay with how, what I am eating because this is horrible. I'm not working right now but if I was, I would have not been able to cope.

Thank you for telling me this happens with you too because I was getting so discouraged. The first few times I thought it was because my stomach couldn't handle what I was eating (it may still be the case) but now I wonder if this is the way it's always going to be. I think we need some old timers or at least some people further down the line.

One of my best friends had surgery years ago she started at 600 pounds and she got down to 250 pounds then she came back up to about 280. And she's never had any of these problems that I've been having. She's never had the nausea vomiting and dehydration any of it.so I believe everyone's experience is truly different. I have this thing where I've been eating candy lately like craving it not chocolate just actually like sweet tarts. And my stomach is fine with it. But the healthy stuff it makes me sick so I don't understand.

Happy Birthday. So cute you both share the same b-day.

I feel much better but while on vacation that first day was not the best and I actually threw up in the car. Thank goodness I had a bag because it came so sudden there was no time to stop. Today I have been fine but all my food was mushy. Yogurt is my friend.

The odd thing is I throw up just slime. No food at all (maybe a tiny bit). Sorry for the TMI. Does anyone have this? It's like the food won't come up.

don't feel bad I threw up Water I don't know if I drink it says that when he came back up it was like my mouth was full of saliva. And I still have this acid taste after I eat or drink

I had a nsv today too! (My scale isn't moving) but my pants were feeling loose...went to Macy's and tried on some regular size 16's! Now I just need to trick the scale into moving down some lol.

I wouldn't worry about the scale to much. If you're working out and you're gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so the scale could not be moving but you will be losing fat.

It finally happened. I know it was a matter of time. A, not if but a when? I had a moment that screamed, WHAT HAVE I DONE? But I'm over it now.

New years eve. Sick as a dog. Had steak at 7:00 PM. But mine was ground and I made it into a patty. I was thinking it would be easier to digest. There was also a bit of salad with caramelized onions. This is the 3rd time I have had a reaction to onions. I am done with onions for quite a while. Steak, I will try again but I will have to take only 1 or 2 bites. It was horrible. I was sick for 4 hours straight. Could not stop throwing up no matter what I did. At one point I chewed a TUMS in desperation and dry heaved for an hour. OMG. I am not sure why it was so bad but the desperation was beyond belief. I have not had severe nausea for that long in my entire life. I was a very nauseated pregnant woman but this was non-stop. My tummy hurt so badly too.

Our family went on a trip New Years day. We left at 7:00 AM and just returned. I didn't have the heart to cancel but I have been shell shocked ever since.

Oh No Beni!!! I would think it about has to be the onions? Maybe you just don't digest them well. You poor thing! That sound horrible!

When I had my lapband and something would get stuck, I'd literally just "burp" over the toilet and a "bubble" of slime would come up. I wasn't even really throwing up.

"knock on wood", I've only dry heaved/thrown up once since this surgery. I use my peppermint oil ALOT though! As soon as I start feeling nauseous I put the peppermint on my belly and swallow a drop of it. It helps a lot.

I've had one whole week now with no nausea! I've really tried to concentrate on counting my chews. I usually get to around 23 chews and the food is chewed to about nothing by then.

Saturday I did better with getting more Protein in. I didn't have ANY weird "head in a fishbowl" feelings! Yesterday I didn't do as well, just a crazy day--not enough time in the day to eat. I didn't even get my food journaled. But I could tell I was weaker compared to Saturday.

So I'm working hard on it today!

Breakfast was a whole grain English muffin with 1 egg/ 1/2 piece of cheese. I didn't get the muffin toasted enough and it was too doughy for me, so I tossed it and just ate the egg and whatever cheese had melted to the egg. :P

I also Juiced some juice this morning to drink after breakfast! I juiced an apple, an orange, some celery and spinach. SO yummy!! Juicing isn't a new thing for me. I've done SEVERAL juice fasts over the last few years as well as just having some daily, not during a juice fast. Just cleans out the toxins from my body and so I thought I'd add some to my day and see if it give me some energy. I can't wait for my hour to pass since I've eaten so I can drink it!! :D

I also brought a hard boiled egg for a snack later.

Not sure what will be for lunch yet. Supper is ham and veggies.

Ok, LOTS of work to do today so I'd better get going!