Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@wildGoose

You sure have been through a lot. So happy that you made it through cancer and WLS. A gladiator to the core. Your battle is our battle because we are all going through this journey together. Some of us had extra challenges but we all try like no other. Gladiator style!

post-218365-14209109538084_thumb.jpg post-218365-14209109744076_thumb.jpg

Ok 1st one day of surgery 10/13/14

2nd today 01/10/2015

I have my hair up on a clip so look like I have no hair!!!

Beni, TY for the Stall article! Ive read it a couple of times, and read it to my family so they can understand the process. Keep posting the informative stuff. Sadly, I am not computer savvy, and don't know how to post articles, etc. Now that i understand the "Stall" phenomenon, I can hopefully break the STALL sooner!

You go girls!!

Beni, TY for the Stall article! Ive read it a couple of times, and read it to my family so they can understand the process. Keep posting the informative stuff. Sadly, I am not computer savvy, and don't know how to post articles, etc. Now that i understand the "Stall" phenomenon, I can hopefully break the STALL sooner!

You go girls!!

You go girls!!

Today is the first day since surgery that I feel normal. Oct. 8 was my surgery date. Energy level is good, mood excellent. I hope I'm over the hump.

@@misstvb

I feel really good too. It was a good day. I cleaned house and had more energy then I knew what to do with. It was great to feel great again. I had a little set back with nausea but I have been doing so much better too. Hurray! Let's hope I don't do anything stupid like eat too much. Meaning a bite too much. Wow, it sends me into a nauseous, horrible downward spiral for the rest of the day.

lunch was 2 small chicken/spinach meatballs (homemade) and 1/2 of a mixed fruit cup (no sugar added). It was awesome. The drained fruit still had enough moisture to help with the meatball.

Beni I'm so struggling with finding that perfect amount. I have no signs of fullness until It's too late. Ugh! I do have more good days than bad. I'm so happy and proud of you all!

189.9 today! Whoop whoop!!

Saturday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake 11oz chocolate

S- 1/4 pure Protein chocolate Peanut Butter bar

L- fresh fruit mixed with lemon chili powder 1/2 c

S- none

D- red robin chili chili burger no bun

Omg ate 3 small bites done!!!

S- yogurt land no sugar added vanilla bean 1oz

11w post rny gbs

@@dc0520

Yes, figuring out how much is too much in a meal is down right impossible. I have the hardest time. But I have come to understand that full feeling is not there for me. Now I edge on the side of caution. I rather eat less then go through the horrid nausea. But it's not always easy to measure and different foods sometimes have different amounts. I need to think it through very carefully. No more grab whatever and hope for the best. Restaurants are the worst for now. I think I will avoid them for a while. Or at least only do what I know is okay. Trial and error is how we learn, unfortunately. But the good news is most days are good. But right about the time I think "I've got this" bam, I am oh so far away from that goal.

Sunday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake 11oz chocolate

S- none

L- Special K Protein Cereal 1/4 c with 1% milk 1/2 c

S- sugar free dulce de leche

Jello pudding 3oz

D- refried Beans 1/2c

11w post rny gbs

So, today I went through my closet because I am so annoyed at picking something to wear and putting it on and it's too big and down right ridiculous. All my clothes are too big even what I purchased recently doesn't fit anymore. Blast! I only have 2 pairs of pants right now that fit and a bunch of capris but hello it's 30 degrees in Virginia right now. By the time Spring rolls they will be too big too. Some of the jeans, size 20, when I hold them up look like those before and after pictures when someone holds up the pants they used to wear and you go, OMG I can't believe she was that big. Crazy!

Even my workout gear is huge. The sneakers also are huge. I am sure I am one shoe size smaller.

I tried a pair of boots on Saturday and I was able to close the zipper all the way up. My calves have shrunk a lot. I didn't buy the boots because I didn't think I would wear them yet. My knees were bulging a little on the inside. I think another 10 lbs will do it but I may just wait for next winter. In two months it will be Spring.

What are you all experiencing with clothing? Is finding something to wear in your closet driving you mad?

So, today I went through my closet because I am so annoyed at picking something to wear and putting it on and it's too big and down right ridiculous. All my clothes are too big even what I purchased recently doesn't fit anymore. Blast! I only have 2 pairs of pants right now that fit and a bunch of capris but hello it's 30 degrees in Virginia right now. By the time Spring rolls they will be too big too. Some of the jeans, size 20, when I hold them up look like those before and after pictures when someone holds up the pants they used to wear and you go, OMG I can't believe she was that big. Crazy!

Even my workout gear is huge. The sneakers also are huge. I am sure I am one shoe size smaller.

I tried a pair of boots on Saturday and I was able to close the zipper all the way up. My calves have shrunk a lot. I didn't buy the boots because I didn't think I would wear them yet. My knees were bulging a little on the inside. I think another 10 lbs will do it but I may just wait for next winter. In two months it will be Spring.

What are you all experiencing with clothing? Is finding something to wear in your closet driving you mad?

@"beni" what part of Virginia are you in? I can't remember if I ever read it. I have a love hate relationship with my closet. I thought I'd at least be able to still use my cardigans ....I was wrong they are huge and ridiculous. Good problem to have but maddening at the same time. I have a few staples that are getting old. Can't wait to replenish my closet at goal.