Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Beni... I think we're all in the same boat! When I start feeling full is when I have the sensation the food is not going down freely. At this point, I feel like I've experienced enougj horrible after effects from eating the wrong foods, or eating too fast! It seems like a crap shoot sometimes. Steak is one.food that doesn't go down well.. just as a side note, today inwas almost 2 pounds more than yesterday!! And I walked 3 to 4 miles yesterday, I stayed on task with my food/ except for getting enough Protein. Does anyone experience this frustration?

I go through this too. I find if I miss my protein the scale isn't my friend. I've stopped weighing daily and try to focus more on how I'm feeling and how my clothes are fitting.

Eating is my biggest problem. I'm trying to eat 700 calories a day. This is not easy. I usually get into trouble when

I eat too fast. I don't dump (I often wish I would). But I get foamie and dry heave-ish. I never throw any thing up but slime and foam. How gross. If I eat slowly, I know when Im going to be full.

My taste buds have changed so much. I can eat steak if I don't over eat it. I have to say it is my fave. It doesn't always feel the best in my stomach. Soups and crock-pot food go down the best. yesterday I had two oz of sauteed chicken. It was very moist and easy to eat. I still prefer softer foods and Soups. I'm having yogurt for Breakfast.

Ok when I have eaten enough I start sneezing wierd huh? Or I just feel like the bite is not going down smooth or feel it back of my throat not really good just a feeling that's my experience now but probably change!!!

How do I upload a photo to this thread?

Sunday meal plan

B- premier Protein chocolate shake 11oz

S- none

L- costco chicken salad 1oz with Special K sea salt crisps 8

S- none

D- 2oz Beans cheese 2oz corn tamale 2slices avocado

S- possible pure Protein Bar 1/2 chocolate

Chai tea with almond milk yum!!

12w post RNY gbs

Oh, I understand exactly what you mean. All your stories about how you eat are exactly like mine. The full feeling is so hard to detect. I sometimes get a nose drip. Other times I sneeze. I even get hiccups. The warm forehead feeling usually happens when I am in trouble. Most days while chewing, I realize, maybe I shouldn't swallow this bite and I spit it out. I usually run to the bathroom but in a restaurant the napkin is also my solution.

I am actually glad your stories are like mine. I was thinking maybe I had a problem with eating. Which I do, but it seems to be more like the norm.

Beni, your post is an excerpt of my eating pattern. I caught myself tonight. I started feeling the food slowing down, and I stopped. In the past, I've challenged myself with one or three extra bites, and thensweats, nausea,rapid heartrate, and the rush to go outside to prevent vomiting.

Glad to know I'm not alone! Mu family is supportive, but they have NO clue to the challenges of this new lifestyle.

I went to play bingo tonight it was pizza night so I had slice of pizza just the top cheese & meat. I was so worried I over done but yet I wanted another slice. Instead of another slice I asked the deli to give me a boiled egg & cheese with ranch dressing. I ate half the egg & small pieces of the cheese. I did ok but did get nauseated after I drank some Water. Geez those memories of when you used to eat whatever you wanted.

I have a hard time knowing when I'm full too. Not all the time, but it does happen. When I do start feeling it, it's like feeling like if I have another bite k might burst at the seams or like it won't go down. For lunch today I made a blt, with turkey bacon and toasted wheat Sara Lee diet bread. I ate half of it and I just knew if I took one more bite I'd feel sick. My bf doesn't get it either. He always looks at me and says what's wrong? Why aren't u eating? I told him he better just get used to eating my leftovers off my plate lol. It's annoying tho, how many times do I have to tell him my stomach is the size of an egg???? Well maybe a lil bigger than that, but u know what I mean lol. The feeling I get after I overeat is horrible. It sucks so bad. Last week I had some triscuits and cheese. 5 min after my last one, I had to lay on my belly. I was tossing n turning n moaning n groaning, I was so uncomfortable. Then all of a sudden I felt like I was going to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and, as always, I dry heaved. That's it. I can't ever throw anything up, it's so weird. I dry heave until I start feeling better.

Ok when I have eaten enough I start sneezing wierd huh? Or I just feel like the bite is not going down smooth or feel it back of my throat not really good just a feeling that's my experience now but probably change!!!

My Aunt had the surgery and also sneezes when she's full!

I wanted to eat today and really pay attention so I could describe my full feeling. But I don't think I can put it into words. I get "the feeling,"right where I'm assuming my new pouch is. It feels sorda tight I guess I'd say. And I know if I eat even one more bite I'll be nauseated. And nothing is worth eating to be nauseous. To me at least....I have gotten along better at NOT getting to that point. I do find if I drink too soon after I've eaten I get nauseous too. But it is still very hard for me to wait more than 20-30 mins after I've eaten to drink.

Definitely a continual learning experience!!

I think I started a message last night and forgot to finish it and it's gone now.

But I was so excited I got a new coat yesterday because the one I've been wearing, which was to small to button in October is now too big! I got North Face coat....And they don't make those in Plus sizes!!! It's even white....not black, which is my go go "slimming" color. I was worried it looked snug and my honey just said "you're just used to wearing things baggy. It looks good." I cAught my reflection a couple of times today and actually liked what I saw! Craziness!!!! :-)

My nose will start to run when I am full and I too will sneeze. It took me a bit to understand what was happening because in the beginning, I would keep eating and get into trouble.

This past weekend I bought my first set of non-plus size clothes. It is a rush. I went to an upscale consignment shop and got a new winter coat, jeans, pants, tops and a suit jacket for work. I have a pretty bare closet right now, but I know that it is temporary and the clothes come and go. I've been trying to keep on top of getting the old big clothes out.

You all are an inspiration. Congrats to those who have made their 1/2 way point. I have 8.5 pounds to go to get to that milestone.

So glad you all shared your food and feeling full stories. I get it it now, this is how it is. We can't tell very well but we have to listen to our bodies ever so carefully. I am sure in due time we will be able to tell. It's a new feeling and we are only 3 months along, some of us not even that.

Next time I need to run around the house like a crazy woman because I feel sick with one too many bites, I know I'm not out of my mind. So, sad nothing I have tried works. If I drink even the smallest sip at that point, I will throw up slime. I have to suffer for 1/2 hour if I'm lucky or even longer.

I am 1/2 lb to my mid weight goal. So excited!

Imagine that everyone. Just 4 months ago we wouldn't believe we would be this successful so early on. I certainly didn't. I was expecting a much slower progression.

@@amylynns congratulations on your coat purchase. No more big girl sizes for you. It's not even that I minded the big sizes, it was the poor selection and the feeling that you couldn't have what other could. It's devastating.

I bought a coat too and it's a large. Wow, never thought I could do that again in my life. Feels good doesn't it.

Someone mentioned a while ago, not a lot of people had commented on her weight loss. I think we were invisible for so long no one looked at us. But I think if we put an effort to look nice I think that will all change. I have tried to dress extra nice because I am trying to project the person I want to be. You have to visualize who you want to be and dress and behave like it. Try it for a couple weeks and I promise, you will feel better about yourself. It's about forming a new habit as well. If you feel frumpy, you dress frumpy, others look at you the same way and mirror the feelings back at you. Why not change that in a way that breaks the cycle or the downward spiral. I know it takes effort but aren't we worthy of our love and care?

@Beni--You told me once about laying on my right side when I felt that bad. It's helped me several times to do that! Although there's also been a couple times, typically when I've eaten way too fast, that nothing but time helps. (and my peppermint oil, LOL)

I just changed my goal from 145 to 160---with the thought I can change it again, if need be. But honestly, I think I would feel very healthy and look amazing at 160. I don't want to put too low of a number and then get frustrated if I can't reach it. I haven't been below 160 since before my first child was born and that was 21 yrs ago!

So...that leaves me with about 35 more pounds to go. That just seems crazy!! I'm going to go google some places to see what my ideal weight should be.....

You are so right Beni--It feels SO much better to WANT to dress nicer. I never even wanted to shop before, it's like in my mind, I didn't deserve nice clothes because I looked so nasty. (in my eyes) I didn't want to try and dress myself up at all.

Gotta run, be back in a bit..