Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh no, school was cancelled and there is not a flake of snow on the ground. Northern Virginia goes crazy at the possibility of snow. I am near Leesburg Virginia and the forecast calls for a "dusting to 1 inch" and hello school is cancelled.

Just discovered another milestone. My BMI is 34.9 which means I couldn't qualify for surgery through insurance because I am too thin. With my insurance I would have to be BMI of 35 with co-morbs. I know it's only by 0.1 but when we miss getting in an car accident by 0.1 we Celebrate, right? I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. That's not a feeling that I usually have (I feel awesome about others not me) which makes this all more wonderful. Okay, I'm gonna cry. Heck, I'm crying already.

@@Beni congrats on your milestones multiple ones!!! Let us all know about the beauty treatments that you are consulting on! also have a blast shopping in the NON PLUS SIZE clothing!!! you go girl :D XOXO

Just discovered another milestone. My BMI is 34.9 which means I couldn't qualify for surgery through insurance because I am too thin. With my insurance I would have to be BMI of 35 with co-morbs. I know it's only by 0.1 but when we miss getting in an car accident by 0.1 we Celebrate, right? I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. That's not a feeling that I usually have (I feel awesome about others not me) which makes this all more wonderful. Okay, I'm gonna cry. Heck, I'm crying already.

Great job Beni!!!!! So dang proud of you!!! You made me cry too!! :P

I do a lot of shopping at Maurices. :-) So does my 21 year old daughter, so it's fun to shop together!

I had my 3 month appointment yesterday, I'll be back to report what she told me in a bit. ;)

So I had my 3 month check up yesterday. First thing the nurse says is, "Your pants are too big girl!" I know!! But I'm kind of between sizes and even though I did buy a new, smaller pair of black dress pants---I hate them! Totally wrong fit! So I've been wearing my "big" ones.

Anyway---I have lost a total of 55 pounds. They do this percentage thing, but honestly, it's never made sense to me, LOL! She said something about how I've lost 56% of "something.." If it's percentage of body weight that they figuring, they're figuring it wrong I believe! I'll have to ask next time exactly what they're figuring, LOL.

I still have not seen my actual surgeon since BEFORE my surgery! (when he suggested I think about doing the sleeve instead of the bypass) I thought I'd at least see him the morning of surgery, but nope, never saw him.. He talked to Brett after the surgery, but if he did talk to me, I certainly don't remember it!

And now I see the PA when I go for my visits. But I did see him in the hallway yesterday. He looked at me, took a double look and said, "Hey! How are you doing?" Surprised he even recognized me! :P (not because I've lost, just because I've barely seen him!)

So anyway--my PA said I'm doing great-BUT......feels I'm either somewhat dehydrated or anemic or something! I shouldn't be exhausted walking up the stairs at home. I should be able to be working out more, etc. So she ran labs and urine. I should hear from her today, I hope. ^_^

She still wants me to increase my Water and Protein. I kind of got pissy and said, "Seriously, I cannot fit anymore food in my body during a day!" And when I can't drink half hour before a meal, and an hour after a meal, but eat 4 meals a day....well, geesh! That's hard to fit in more Water yet! She said, "If you were the only one telling me this is hard to do, I'd say it's all your fault, LOL, but you're not. I know it's a struggle, but just be mindful of it every day."

Yep, got it. ;)

I told her I was a bit annoyed that I still have a hiatal hernia. I thought it would have been repaired when he was in there. She said it was repaired, but sometimes still slips again. OIY. She had talked to the surgeon about it and he told her if I continue to have issues with it, then we'll talk about options.

So far, using my oils (topically) has really calmed it down. (meaning, calmed the reflux down) I told her taking omeprozol and Pepcid was not helping one bit and that I'm using my oils. She was confused....thought I was drinking them. I told her no, I apply them topically to where my esophagus is and where the hernia is. I can now wake up and either have NO reflux or just a tiny bit. She said, "Well, if that's working, keep doing it!" :)

I asked what they recommended my weight goal be. They had in my chart 165. So right around 160-165 is where I'll aim for, for now. That's only like 30 pounds away!!! Seems totally un-real!! :o

Now I need to be tightening this body up! I cannot believe how much muscle I've lost. :wacko:

Let's see, what else did she say. I thought there was something else I was going to tell you all. Hmmm, I can't remember, LOL.

Oh well, If I remember, I'll be back!

BENI: Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing some great things. I'm in California. If you were here, I'd send you to Nordstroms - a step above Macys, a step below Neimans. Real sales women, great bra fitting. I don't think the have it in Virginia. Good luck!

Great posts today from the team! So encouraging and furthermore, there are great milestones happening! So damn proud of you peeps! I stay positive because of all of you! Ive only lost 2.lbs this past 2 weeks..ugh! Im on prednisone because of hip pain, and believe it or not, I am munching for the last week

Damn side effect of the medication! But, my pain has been less, which has allowed me to move and walk more each day!

Keep rockin' ladies!!

I remembered what it was!

My BMI went from 41 to 32! Yay! :rolleyes:

But...I'm still in the Obese category. :wacko:

134 this morning, 40 pounds down from surgery date, total of 91 lost with 15 more to go to my goal weight. Though my doctor predicted I would be at 110 by my 6 month appointment.

Remember I am 4'11, so my weight will be less.

Edited by smiley922

@@layknee

I did have pale stool early on right after surgery. This was back in the day of horrible Constipation but I think it was because of the Protein shakes and the very limited food selection. Now I make food concoctions with different vegetables. Like homemade hummus with 4 different tiny bits of cooked vegetable blended in food processor or fruit smoothies with all the right stuff for regularity.

Please let us know what they say. Hope you feel better.

they're going to have me come in for blood test to check my liver function.

they're going to have me come in for blood test to check my liver function.

So I just read your post that you said about your stool.....Mine is also really light beige!? I just figured it was the change in diet, but maybe not? I wonder if I should mention it to my PA.

Have any of you October gals tried salad yet (lettuce). I have not encountered one problem with anything I've tried but haven't tried lettuce yet because I've seen where people have had problems.

Side note OMG, I'm missing bread! And I miss drinking milk with my "sweets" (protein bar).

Have any of you October gals tried salad yet (lettuce). I have not encountered one problem with anything I've tried but haven't tried lettuce yet because I've seen where people have had problems.

Side note OMG, I'm missing bread! And I miss drinking milk with my "sweets" (protein bar).

I've been eating salads for awhile now. I eat them everyday - I keep them down better than anything else. Doesn't hurt to try bc honestly everyone's experience is so individual.

Oh, I'm going to try salad then. I have not because I was afraid of the dreaded grouchy pouch. I usually do baby spinach and kale in my fruit smoothies (only a tiny bit) but I am willing to try.

My celebratory day was a bust. Kids stayed home as school was cancelled due to snow. Had to cancel the MedSpa but rescheduled. Will report once I find out what miracle cures they have for loose skin. I also made an appointment for another one. Might as well check it out as it comes highly recommended.

We have Nordstrom's in Virginia but I usually only buy shoes and purses from them. Their women's department is not so great (I have bought jackets and an outfit here and there) but I will check out the misses now that I am regular sizes. I need some pants very badly. All my spandex/elastic pants are falling off now too. All day long I have been pulling them up. Perhaps I can shop tomorrow if they don't cancel school again.