Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@dc0520

It is not unusual for people to develop depression after a medical situation. This is hard on our bodies. If you are just not in the mood for anything then it sounds like depression but if it's food is messing with you or you are very weak then it maybe anemia or some deficiency. Have you taken all your supplements religiously? Bypass patients are prone to Vitamin deficiencies and some of then are very serious. I am saying this because you have to look at both sides of the coin. If you just can't tell please go see a doctor. GP is fine, they may have to run blood tests which we should at 3m, 6m and one year and after that every year for the rest of our life. Some people develop Iron deficiencies later on, like 10 years later. I know it's hard when you don't feel good to take charge. Just make the appointment and go talk to someone.

Also, we are dealing with a new way of living and eating. food was a coping mechanism for many of us before, now it's gone. It's hard.

Sending lots of good wishes your way Dc

It sounds like you are doing well! I think cooking in abundance, and freezing is a very organized way of doing things since we can't eat alot. For me, I cook a healthy meal almost everyday for my husband and I. When we go out to eat, if I dont eat from his plate, I order from the kids menu.

From reading from everyones post, I think we're ALL???? doing extremely well.

Big pats on the backs folks!

Thanks Beni for your encouragement! Well, the scale moved this am, one less lb. to go! In terms of exercise/movement, im doing well

I live in the Houston Texas area, so the weather is perfect to walk, ride bikes, etc.. sorry East Coasters! But, I think its time for me to increase my a activity level for better results!

Honestly, this group is amazing sounding board! When i talk to family or friends, the smile and nod their heads, but in my heart im saying, you guys just dont get it. Bless their hearts!

Last night I watched, My 600 pound Life! My heart sank!! It could have been me if I didn't take action!

@ dc, well said Beni! Pls make an appt to see your surgeon. Depression is a serious condition. I'm on anti depressants, and it really helps me stay in a brighter frame of mind. If you deal with the low moods, your journey in the new chapter of your life will become better. Be kind to yourself and call your MD. Hugs!

Tuesday meal plan

B- Premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- taco meat 2tblsp sour cream 1tblsp guacamole 1/2 tsp

S- yo plait strawberry cheesecake greek style with fresh strawberries 3

D- 1oz grilled sirloin steak potatoes 1oz mushroom sautéed with can't believes not butter

S- doles dippers strawberry 4 half slices

14w post rny gbs

Welp day 2 of my new exercise program and my legs feel like Jello. It really does. I bought this beach body work out called PiYo. It's piometrics and yoga rolled into one, by Chalene. Low impact which is what I need. Hopefully it jump starts my weight loss again. Down to 203 so in total from the surgeons scale weight of 208 I'm down 5 lbs this month. Half of what I usually lose.

@@AuriP

Glad you found something new to try. It's a struggle for me too. Today is 3 months since my surgery and I am yet to make it through a full week of 5 days of exercise. Everyday it seems something happens preventing me from exercising. Hit and miss. I know, lasting success is only achieved with regular exercise. But everyday I do something but not always a full workout.

Weight is going to come off slower from now on and some of it it's going to require more effort on out part. Oh well, we knew it was coming. But I already feel like a winner. Feeling so much better and my energy level is so much better. Every once in a while I still run out of steam mid-afternoon but not as often.

How has your weight loss impacted your life so far?

Tuesday meal plan

S- none

L- taco meat 2tblsp sour cream 1tblsp guacamole 1/2 tsp

S- yo plait strawberry cheesecake greek style with fresh strawberries 3

D- 1oz grilled sirloin steak potatoes 1oz mushroom sautéed with can't believes not butter

S- doles dippers strawberry 4 half slices

14w post rny gbs

Excuse my ignorance but what days 14w post ryn (what does gbs mean) did you have your gallbladder take out at some time as surgery?

@@browneyedgirl

14 weeks after RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery aka gbs and yes I also had my Gall Bladder removed during my surgery!

Wednesday meal plan

S- none

L- 1/4 cup taco meat 1tblsp sour cream 6 crisps caramel popped corn Quaker

S- 1/2 pure Protein Bar chocolate

D- 1chicken meat ball marinara sauce 4stalks parm roasted asparagus Olive Garden

S- dole dippers strawberry 4halves

14 weeks after rny gastric bypass

It has greatly affected me. I am happier that In longer am so large. I lok at food totally different now. I am able to say no to foods that I wasnt able to before. I am so close to being in wonderland. 3 lbs. It cant come soon enough in my honest Opinion. I am hoping that I finally broke the stall I am on. We'll see tomorrow when I step on the scale.

@@AuriP

Glad you found something new to try. It's a struggle for me too. Today is 3 months since my surgery and I am yet to make it through a full week of 5 days of exercise. Everyday it seems something happens preventing me from exercising. Hit and miss. I know, lasting success is only achieved with regular exercise. But everyday I do something but not always a full workout.

Weight is going to come off slower from now on and some of it it's going to require more effort on out part. Oh well, we knew it was coming. But I already feel like a winner. Feeling so much better and my energy level is so much better. Every once in a while I still run out of steam mid-afternoon but not as often.

How has your weight loss impacted your life so far?

Today is a landmark day for me. I hit fifty pounds. The forties were so hard to get through but I've started exercising and cut down on carbs. Hopefully working through the fifties will be a little easier. I'm so excited today!

Weight loss how has it impacted my life?

Everyday I find new discoveries on what I can do what I can wear a pep in my step easier comfortable sex!!!????