Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a new goal in life. If you look at my weight ticker you will notice my runner is on the grassy curb. I WANT TO QUICK THE CURB and get back to pavement, lol. I think that's a lofty goal, don't you?

So, today I went through my closet because I am so annoyed at picking something to wear and putting it on and it's too big and down right ridiculous. All my clothes are too big even what I purchased recently doesn't fit anymore. Blast! I only have 2 pairs of pants right now that fit and a bunch of capris but hello it's 30 degrees in Virginia right now. By the time Spring rolls they will be too big too. Some of the jeans, size 20, when I hold them up look like those before and after pictures when someone holds up the pants they used to wear and you go, OMG I can't believe she was that big. Crazy!

Even my workout gear is huge. The sneakers also are huge. I am sure I am one shoe size smaller.

I tried a pair of boots on Saturday and I was able to close the zipper all the way up. My calves have shrunk a lot. I didn't buy the boots because I didn't think I would wear them yet. My knees were bulging a little on the inside. I think another 10 lbs will do it but I may just wait for next winter. In two months it will be Spring.

What are you all experiencing with clothing? Is finding something to wear in your closet driving you mad?

funny thing is even before surgery I mostly wore legging a few sizes to small because of I got my size it would roll of of my but because my waist was smaller. So I'm living in my yoga pants, tshirts and some jeans I wasn't able to fit before.

I have so much more energy.

@@layknee

I have so much more energy too. This was the most surprising thing about my WLS journey. I was expecting to feel great about losing weight but I didn't anticipate feeling this wonderful physically. I didn't know all that extra weight was actually making me miserable physically. I guess the weight goes on a bit at a time and we adapt to the new circumstances. 57pounds lighter has made me into a new woman. A better woman for sure. I was pretty active before surgery but now (most days) I actually have more energy then the day is long.

I put on a pair of yoga pants, size 3x. They were too big, but I left them on. By the time I got to the kitchen, they fell down!

Thursday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- carb master pumpkin pie 2 1/2oz

L- 1/2c loaded potato Soup

S- 3 turkey pepperoni with 2cubes cheddar cheese melted together yum!

D- 1grilled chicken taco little lettuce and shredded cheese mild hot sauce Taco Bell perfect size!

S- 1/2 bar Atkins chocolate Protein

Drink Special K lemonade 5 gr protein sugar free

12w post rny gbs

Do any of you ever find yourselves just absent-mindedly eating thing that you shouldn't be eating, but ate before surgery?? I was at my cousin's house tonight, and we're sitting on the couch, just chit chatting, playing games w the kids and there's a big huge bag of Gummy bears next to me...I wasn't thinking and just grabbed a small handful and was just popping them in my mouth. It wasn't til the last one e that I realized what I was doing. 10 min later the nausea started, the heart racing and the swimmy head feeling. I wanted to kick myself!! I had to go outside in the 10° weather to get some air and took a Zofran. I feel better now, but I have a headache. My day started fine, I had a Premier Protein shake for Breakfast, Soup for lunch, a little corned beef w carrots n cabbage for dinner, a Protein Bar for a snack. Then I go and eat gummy bears :( it's definitely a mental thing, sometimes those old habits come creeping back. Ugh!

I hit the half way mark today. I started my journey last January with 125 pounds to lose. I have officially lost a total (pre and post surgery) of 62 1/2 pounds. 62 1/2 to go. Beyond happy.

@@walkin'onsunshine.

Congratulations. The halfway mark is a huge thing (no pun intended). I too am nearing that milestone. Doesn't feel amazing to finally be at a place were success is possible? It wasn't easy but you did it.

@@Luna222

Yes, I have done that. Mindless eating is very dangerous. A few times (more times then I care to admit) I ate a few things here and there while fixing dinner and forgot I had and attempted to eat my dinner as usual. Hello, my tummy was already full and I overate = sick as a dog was the result. Then there were the bagel chips. I was supposed to try a bite but before I knew I had 5 or 6. No room for dinner anymore.

I know it's stupid but why can't I remember that I can't drink yet. If I had my meal 15 minutes ago I have to wait but I forget when I ate and mess it up. It works fine with a punctual regimen. The minute I get busy I mess up. Let's face it I am not organized enough. Now mind you I am very organized about most areas of my life. Just not me and my eating. Must do better.

Edited by Beni

Went shopping yesterday. Bought a jacket in a "Large." Imagine that a large in regular sizes. It's a little snug but I know it will be fine in no time. It was a steal. I am officially a size 16 regular. I went to Dress Barn and I have graduated out of women's sizes. This is one of the top 10 goals I had set up for myself. My next one is 1/2 of the weight gone, then onederland, losing my cpap machine, ridding a horse and a bike, Victoria Secret Bra (still 38 and 1/2" around, below the breasts) must wait until I am a 38. I can fit in a 38 DD but it's snug and with a bra I can't be spilling and be uncomfortable.

I hope you are setting some meaningful goals and celebrating your achievements. It is so awesome and it drives me to try harder.

I too have lost half my weight to my goal weight. Makes me happy! I am 13 pounds away from losing a 100 lbs. Then I will be 32 pounds from onederland. When I hit onderland then I will Celebrate. When I first started I would see posts of people at 247 & longed to be there. I am now at 245 but im still not satisfied.

I am 3 pounds away from the halfway mark toward a 100lb weight goal too! I am excited to be in the 180's.

I went to join a new gym opening in March with a pool and they did a body fat measurement and it was 50%. The girl almost cried for me and didn't want to tell me until I asked. Then she apologetically told me. I was smiling, and she was so confused. (I didn't tell her about RNY) I told her that that was why I was joining, and it was just a number. She looked horrified. She said, "well, even if you DO happen to lose some weight, you don't want to be skinny-fat!" Hahahah. Skinny people probs.

Also, the only ppl that know of my surgery are my mom, 2 sisters, 3 kids and husband. (Never told my dad, stepmom or half-sister) the thing is, only my kids have commented on my weight loss and one of their friends last night shyly asked me "have you lost some weight? I hope I'm not hurting your feelings, but you look like you have. You look great!" Awwwww!!! Sweet girl!!! Made my day. I've lost 48 pounds and no one else has noticed?! Goes to show me that people HAVE been looking right through me and not noticing me. It is so hard to 'wear' your 'problem' on your body for people to judge you with one passing glance. They might be riddled with internal or psychiatric problems but they're hidden from view until you get to know them. People don't even invest the time (mostly) to get to know an overweight person. It makes me so sad. But it's their loss, because they are bigots.

Anyway, those mixed emotions went through my mind last night and one made me happy and the other made me hurt. Emotional rollercoaster to come with each 5 pounds shed no doubt..

I'm so happy reading about you girls who are half way to goal. Gives me so much hope. Thank you all for sharing!

Friday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- 3 chia corn chips nacho cheese sauce 1/4cup ground beef taco seasoning 1/4cup dab sour cream olives jalapeños work potluck !!

S- 1/2 Atkins chocolate Protein bar

D- 1/2 johnsonville chicken Monterey chipotle flavored link

S- sugar free chai 1cup

12w post rny gbs