Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Hey guys, sorry I've been posting so infrequently. I've been really busy. I just saw "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" last night and I actually thought it was really, really funny. Has anyone else seen it? I didn't find it offensive at all, as the critics said it was, and I laughed alot throughout. I was interested to get everyone else's take on it. I found it hilarious. Of course it has alot of gross-out, lowbrow humor, but my tastes run the gamut from the most intense foreign/indie films all the way to Adam Sandler. The movie is an equal opportunity offender, making fun of everyone, no one is exempt. And, it actually tried to give a message of tolerance (however elementary the message might be). I really enjoyed myself.

Hey Jo~

A few months ago, the military banned any more tattoos...too many 18 year olds were getting too many...and they don't look professional when they can be seen on the neck, hands, etc. I am a teacher, middle school, and although many teachers have them, most are "hidden". We can have them, it just doesn't look professional if they are showing. I look at them as art, personal art, and I want another one. I have the "Eye of Horus" on my butt.

Can not wait to go on vacation Friday. We fly into Boston Friday and are staying at the Omni Parker House Hotel!! It is where JFK proposed to Jackie!!! I am soooo excited about that! Then we take the ferry to ptown on Sat. AAAHHH, one week to unplug and relax.

peaceout

Pamela

We are flying into Portsmouth NH Saturday morning, renting a car and getting to our room around 1pm. I'm looking forward to taking some time and reading a couple of good books, relaxing, walking, cycling, have a few drinks and of course meeting you guys over coffee!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get out town!!!!

:update: :update:

well i went July 26th for my Dietician appt. first of all i weighed in at 269... down from 275. woo hoo!!! i got mmy pre op diet info and my diet for after surgery. i had to pay them $100. they said they'll turn it in to the insurance and if they pay they'll reimburse me. next tues i go to my psych evaluation. i have to pay them $200 and same thing if insurance pays i'll get reimbursed. then the doc will submit all the insurance for approval. and then i can book my surgery!!! woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had a lil drama this weekend. i agreed to let my g/f's ex/best friend and 3 more friends come stay with us. BAD IDEA. me and the ex g/f and the ex g/f and my g/f got into it. that b*tch is not welcome in my house again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats for sure!

:clap2: Way to go Stevee! :clap2: Keep those updates coming!! My update isn't as dramatic as yours, but I'm quite happy to report that since my last fill the scale is finally moving (even without coconut oil, though I just got my order today) - I'm down to 228#! That's a total of 34 so far. I am going to start taking it again, just to make sure I keep moving.

All the talk about tattoos has me ready to get back into the studio too. I got my first (but definitely not last) one when we were on vacation in Key West in April. When I got it I thought it was really big - it's a custom tribal design about 5" high by about 2" wide in the center and down to a point at the top and bottom - now it seems really small and I can't wait to have it added to. I eventually want it to cover my entire upper arm and up onto the shoulder. But I'm saving it for a reward to myself after I lose down to goal. I've also got two more planned. I know the location of one (upper right arm) but not the exact design. It will probably wind up being tribal too. The 3rd one is going to be Donald Duck (yeah, I know, go ahead and laugh it up. I can't help it, I love The Donald) but I don't know where yet. I want it to be somewhere I can see it without having to look in the mirror, but it just wouldn't look right in the shadows of all the tribal stuff...

Ha ha ha, I love the image in my head of a Donald Duck tribal tattoo!

I have a few tattoos and I want more, but my husband doesn't want me to get any more. Not that he tells me what to do, but I respect him and will wait to see if he changes his mind :) Thankfully, I work in the design field and no one has ever seemed to have a problem with mine -- one of them is on my wrist and is very visible.

Ha ha ha, I love the image in my head of a Donald Duck tribal tattoo!

Hmm, I never thought to combine the two. I wonder if I went down to Miami Ink if Ami could do something with that...

Hi guys !

All this talk of tatts - it must be the lap bands !!!! I have been wanted another one (my fifth) too. I have a "southern cross" (stars) on my upper arm, A baby tiger on my stomach, my sons name & birth date on my right arm & a gecko on my left ankle. Now I want a poodle (love em) somewhere.... where is the question !

My weight loss has stalled a bit too. I still have very good restriction from my first fill - two weeks ago. Next one is in two weeks time....if it's still like this I might cancell it.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

XX

Hi guys !

All this talk of tatts - it must be the lap bands !!!! I have been wanted another one (my fifth) too. I have a "southern cross" (stars) on my upper arm, A baby tiger on my stomach, my sons name & birth date on my right arm & a gecko on my left ankle. Now I want a poodle (love em) somewhere.... where is the question !

My weight loss has stalled a bit too. I still have very good restriction from my first fill - two weeks ago. Next one is in two weeks time....if it's still like this I might cancell it.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

XX

Oh yeah, your poodle fixation. I'd forgotten about that. Personally, I'm not quite that Gay...:heh:

Love ya Mark!! :)

Hmm, I never thought to combine the two. I wonder if I went down to Miami Ink if Ami could do something with that...

Ha ha, I see those guys on the beach all the time. They are really amazing artists.

:eyebrows:we could really give Ami the test and do a group tat, tribal Donald with a amy fairy walking the poodle??? Any Ideas Lucy? I need a bird in there somewhere. I have 2, a fantasy "free-bird" for my honey, and a humming bird, and lots of flowers, the garden grows from time to time. Glen is sleeved on both arms with oriental buddas, moths, tigers, and LOTS of other things , Water falls, fish, etc. and the legs have flowers/vines, etc. up both legs but not sleeved, thank the goddess! and a small one, the origional on the back tribute to her parrot! imagine if she had kids!

Pam, I looked up what the "eye" was , way cool, any other symbols that would be good that we could combine?? I really , really want to go:car: to P town! we got married on the side of the court house in a little court yard. I'd post a picture if I knew how to up load it from my easy share to here. I can't take time off in the summer, our vacations are always in October after things quite down.

Stevee, that is great news!

Pam and Juli, just wanted to give you a shout out, and tell you have a wonderful time in Ptown, you know that we are all jealous of you two getting to go to one of our Mecca's. Any way get the well deserved rest, and have a great time.

Awe shucks!

Thanks dezbus. Can I tell you it seems like a year away from now, I've got so much to do between now and Saturday.

So what do I do? Mess around and waste time on the computer!!!!

HA!

Hey All,

We are getting sooo excited. Juli, I'll call you tonight. Was gonna last night but it was too late. I am trying to figure out how to fit all my shit into my little carry on???? Susanne said she will pack for me, she is used to it w/ her career she travels alot. Anyway, today is my last lazy day. I redid the house last week...I think I posted about all the work I had done. I am sooo ready for some fun w/ my girl.

Sweet, I look forward to talking to you! I tell you what, I'm not taking a carry on. I'm packing a real live suit case and checking it! HA. You never know what you might need!