Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

:whoo:Hi All-I found out today that I'm approved!! I'm so excited! I called and asked what I'm looking at as far as a surgery date, and it looks like the end of August. I was hoping for sooner, but I won't complain.:clap2:

Hey evryone! I decided to jump on the bandwagon and join this thread. I am a 29 year-old perpetual college student saying hey to my brothers and sisters! I am glad to see a thread for us to support each other! I live in Virginia. LOVE MY BAND!! Just saying HOLLLLLAAAAAAH! have a great day!

WELCOME!

So what are you studying? I'm the returning to school late kind of student. I work f/t and do school f/t...business management. ZZZZZZZZZZ I know for many but I dig it.

Glad to have you join our little queer family.

ok i had my pre op!! woo hoo its out the way. i found out i will have to pay my deductible of 500, plus 10% to the surgeon, like around 150-200, then 10% of the hospital bill and 10% of the anesthesiologist bill. all my insurance requires is a visit with a dietician and a visit with a shrink! waitin on the dietician and shrink to call me to book my appts then they'll submit it all to the insurance for final approval. oh by the way when i weighed in i weigh the most i have ever!!! i'm at 274.8 :) i coulda cried. my bmi is like a 49!!!!!!!!!!

:whoo:Hi All-I found out today that I'm approved!! I'm so excited! I called and asked what I'm looking at as far as a surgery date, and it looks like the end of August. I was hoping for sooner, but I won't complain.:clap2:

Yay Kat!!! That's AWESOME!!! :)

p.s. I heard you guys down under are WAY kinkier than us Yanks. You can't fool me, I've seen Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Heavenly Creatures :)

HAHAHAHA!!! That's too freakin' funny! :spit: And what makes it even funnier for me is that last weekend at St Pete Pride one of the bars had a big pink bus named Priscilla!! No pink chiffon flowing behind though. But they did have tulle in rainbow colors tied to the back of the roof rack!

Hey evryone! I decided to jump on the bandwagon and join this thread. I am a 29 year-old perpetual college student saying hey to my brothers and sisters! I am glad to see a thread for us to support each other! I live in Virginia. LOVE MY BAND!! Just saying HOLLLLLAAAAAAH! have a great day!

Welcome Kenny! :wave: Great to have you on board!!

Way to go!:clap2: 48lbs !!! Nice to see you here.

Steeve and Kat , Congrats on the approvals, won't be long now, seems that is the hardest part.

Lucy, good luck on the fill, just had my first (late) What a difference !! I was :hungry: all the time, just like the same old battle all over again, I got a few years on most of you so it's been a LONG one for me. I actually did manage to lose a bit over time, my all time high being about 75 lbs more than now. Anyway, I got the same 10cc band, it holds 4cc total, but they start slow. not everyone will need the 4. seems to me that the fill is what it is all about. without it is like trying to run your car with out gas! gone through too much to get here to be struggling now!:dance:

Lucy,

I dont know about us being more kinkier than you, I've been to the states a few times & have experienced a few Mr Kinks myself - Great memories !!!! :)

Eddie,

How's it going after your fill/s.?? Mine first fill is next Wednesday. Can't wait for that one. AT the moment it's like I have no restriction at all. Looking forward to dropping more of that weight - skinny jeans here I come !

Take care everyone & have a good weekend.

I'm off work tomorrow (friday) - hubby is having nerve surgery on his hand - no big deal - but for a 54 year old man - oh my God what a baby !!! He says he's even getting a bell to ring when he needs something....lucky I have selective hearing !!!

XX

Congrats Stevee.

Start saving your pennies! It's amazing how they nickle and dime us to death, even with insurance.

Woo Hoo.

My first fill is today! Which is good because I am going to the beach next week and I dont want to eat too much! I will miss my exercise bike. Keep sweatin fellow banders!

Hey Queer People

Looks like LBT is going to Vegas in Feburary. I'm helping coordinate the effort. I'd love to meet some of yous guys in the flesh.

Months ago Alexandra started a "where would you want to meet" thread. Vegas was the most popular destination.

So come one join the fun.

VEGAS!! I might have to see if I can make that a Christmas present! I am a poor college student after all. That would be so cool!:clap2::whoo:

Feb in Vegas would be so cool.... was there in early 1995... would love to go back !

Kenti, let me know how your fill goes...painful, scary ??? mines on Wednesday...

Damn, we're going to New England over spring break so our budget won't allow Vegas too. Hopefully, I can talk Sean into driving up to Canada and getting married while we're there...