Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Pam & Juli you both look great & it looks like you're havin a terrific time.

Stevee , so sorry to hear about the big speed bump in your way. Good luck & I hope a solution can be found. Chin up possum !

XX love to everyone

Stevee

I know it seems hopeless right now, but something will turn up. Explore all the avenues you can think of.

You've got my sympathies.

i can't save $700. so at this point.. i dont know whats going to happen. i dont know if the approval from insurance is only good for so long before i have to go see the dietician again and the pschiatrist and pay their fees all over again or what... but the surgery won't be happening this year i do know that....

Stevee-I thought about the same thing if I get approved. I know I can't afford a big chunk of cash to pay the fees. I thought to myself, shit, will I not be able to get the surgery then? Hell no! I decided I will either take out a small loan or put it on a credit card. After all Stevee, they can't reposess our bands right? What, are they gonna rip them out of our bellies becase we can't pay the bill? No!

So that is what I am going to do. I don't want to wait if they approve me. Approvals are rare enough without me trying to get it more than once. Another suggestion would be to sell some stuff on ebay. I always to that when times get tight. DON'T LET ANYTHING STOP YOU! Good luck! *Trisha*

Eddie

I actually live in Temple Terrace, which is in north Tampa. I would say I am about 2 hours from Crystal River. It takes me about an hour to visit my family in Hernando County and about an hour to get to Homosassa from there, which is close to Crystal River. I have a friend who lives in Floral City and loves it. It is in Citrus County too. Have you checked that area out? I can understand what you mean by “Suburia Hell” since I am originally a country boy. I actually like the city, but being gay in Hillsborough County is just not all that great. They even had a report on the news the other night talking about a report I think that was done by Forbes stating how Tampa was listed as one of the worse cities to live in if you are single. I would have to agree, which is why I am thinking about moving north in a few years. BTW...congratulations on the “30's”!! I think you are doing awesome and I hope I can follow in your footsteps.

Juli

Thanks for sharing the picture. Ya'll do look great!!

Stevee

I am really sorry to hear about your situation. It really sucks!! Have you thought about trying what Trisha said and getting a small loan or putting it on a credit card. The payments would probably be very small. Either way, never give up hope. Where there is a will, there is usually a way. Best wishes!

yes i would love to get a small loan or a credit card. but... here's my situation in a nut shell. i Just found out my mortgage is an adjustable rate that was fixed 3 years and will now adjust up 3 points every six months. aug 1 i hit 9.25, jan 2008 will be 12.25, july 08 up to 15.25 and so on and so on. it will cap at 18.25. i need to refinance but can't. i have a 602 credit score but my debt to income is 85%. i've talked to 5 different mortgage companies and no one will help me. not even the one my loan is currently thru. i've tried even having my g/f co sign so they'll use her income. well she has 35K in student loans on her credit, although they are consolidated into a small $200 payment no one will touch her. i have $8900 worth of credit cards that i just consolidated they will be paid off in 3.5 years but they say that looks way bad on my credit. so im in the search of a co signer. mom and dad cant do it cuz mom lost her job in feb and can't find one. i have my moms mom and her grandma but they live off social security. its a no go there.. then i have my dads parents that are rich and like i said she said they will NOT help me. i've exhausted all options believe me it kills me to give up. at this point they've run my credit so many times for trying to refinance that its really hurting me. i thank u all for your kind words and support...

Hey Family~

WOW...we are finally home. It was a long journey, but so much fun. I see that Juli posted the pix...we had soooo much fun. My partner (Susanne for the newbies) and I have NEVER drank an entire bottle of wine...soooo fun.

Juli, your a doll. We really had fun and again...open invite to Palm Springs. March is really fun here w/ the Dinah, etc. Tell your girl hi from us!

Everyone else...it feels good to be home. Welcome to the new kids on the block. You'll like it here...we are very friendly. Eddie...congrats! xoxox

Last night, we had dinner at the table where JFK proposed to Jackie...at the actual table. I proposed to Susanne!!! This will be a couple of years away (she'll retire from the military next summer)...but we want to make this legal.

It feels good to be home...now to the 65 emails.:faint:

Pamela-

You proposed?! How fantanstic! Congratulations!

You were such a treat and Susanne was a lot of fun too! Who says talking about ironing is boring?! Matt enjoyed the conversation too.

Glad you made it home safe and sound. You know, we will take you up on that offer. Should you find yourself in SW Michigan or Central Ohio you've got people to visit! Or more realistically, if you find yourself in Chicago, let us know and we'll meet you there too!

XO to you and S.

Stevee, I am so sorry, to come this far and ......... :cry. Have you tried talking to the hospital/drs. ???? maybe they can set up a payment plan? They often give a break to people on limited income in need. is your band for other health reasons/complications? that could help. I don't know but will keep thinking! chin up, something will come. oh, recheck that adjustable rate , that sounds way off base, I've see others and they usually have a cap every 3 years and can not go up that much in that short a time. How many years in the whole thing for?that sounds wacked! sorry, but it sounds like a mistake!

Pamala, Juli, great pictures, thanks, you both look GREAT... and like you are really doing up the town.

Congrats to Pamala and Susanne!!!!!:whoo:love , love , love.....love, love, love......all we need is love:note2::note2::note2::note2::hug:

the adjustable rate has a cap of 3 points each adjustment and the company its with will go the full 3 each time. the adjustment is every 6 months. the full cap is 12 points. so thats why it ends at 18.25 cuz i started at 6.25. i checked, re checked, triple checked believe me i think it is beyond f*cked up and its rape in my eyes but theres nothing i can do. every one i have talked to is like OMG they can't beleive it. funny thing is.. my ex husbands aunt is the one that set us up on it.... great family huh!

Hey kids,

Looks like you girls had a great time, Kity and Juli!

Stevee, I am so sorry to read about your situation. I completely relate -- insurance wouldn't approve me at all and I screwed up my credit in college (still paying off that debt). If my husband hadn't been willing to take out a bank loan for me, there is no way in hell that I would have been able to come up with $15k on the spot.

Is it possible that you could maybe pick up a few hours at a weekend job? I know you are busy with your current job, but maybe there is a way you could work 8 hours on the weekend at a part-time job and save all the money you earn there?

You know what? This is support group and we are here to support each other. I know that means moral support, but who says we can't be supportive in other ways? I don't think any of us here are gazillionaires, but I do know that I would not have been able to have my surgery without the kindness of others. Stevee, if you PM me your address, I will send you $25 for your surgery. I know it's not a lot of money, but maybe a few other people will send you $25 and help you get there. I've wasted $25 on things I didn't need and I would much rather give it to someone who could use it.

Who's with me?

HELLO ALL --

First of all I want to say thank you sincerely to all who responded to my many questions when I first posted.

I have done a pretty extensive search and am convinced that alot of MDs are getting very rich off folks needing help in being banded but that is an ethics discussion for another time.

I have picked Dr Kirshenbaum in Denver for several reasons and feel very comfortable that he is top notch and the prices are as reasonable as I am going to get here in the states. As well he is using the new AP band that has been suggested if I am going to do this I should have this type.

I am doing this on 9/11 for a very specific reason -- I was here in NYC not too far when 9/11 happened. I heard the plane go over my village apt and saw the ever memorable orange ball of fire engulf the North Tower knowing that folks I knew were dying. For months after I took care of patients of mine who lived being at the site. I also lost several patients during that murderous event. For the first time in my life I used the diagnosis victim of war. (I am a physician assistant)

It had a personal effect on me that was emotionally devastating and at times to this day. I want to reclaim that date for life.

I am going to Denver alone and want to do this alone as far as the trip and surgery. It is like facing and wrestling my own demon and facing myself as a I have never have.

The only concerns ok lets be real here -- fears are those of post op concerns -- slippage / erosion / leaky port / vomiting and ruining the band. Of these things I am terrified that something will happen and ruin it all.

Being self pay I can not afford to play around and ruin this wonderful opportunity. I must do everything I can to take advantage of this choice and chance being so greatly given to me.

I can not tell all of you enough how much I admire you in your threads and how much respect I have for you as men and women who are facing thier situation.

You folks are really awesome - :clap2:

It has taken me years to do so but now I can feel some respect that I am going to take care of what needs to be done.

One day at at time.

Marc

Silentfades@aol.com

Hey that is a great IDEA -------- OF all of the money I have wasted over dinners and food gorging myself -- I will join LUCY and as well send a check of 25.00 toward your surgery.

Send me your address to my email and I will post a check out asap but it can only be used for your surgery. Promise that and it is a done deal ?

Marc

silentfades@aol.com

Lucy, Marc, Stevee, Everyone....

I had the same thought as Lucy. Stevee, I don't have much but $25 I could spare. I'd be delighted to be able to help in some small way.

Perhaps you can auction off your future scars. I'd like to buy two stiches. I'm being playful, but really, if you can accept our offer to send you some cash, I'll send you a few bucks.

And as an aside, if you are technically savvy enough to set up a paypal account, it might be easier...

Juli

Count me in too. We are family, after all...