Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Must we wait the entire year for plastics?

My boobies are skin sacs, I did not expect them to look like this- I figured that it would be less volume but oof! Anywho! I would love to do all things; boob job, bbl, Tummy Tuck, thigh lift, arm lift but in reality I do not want to spend that much money but I want a boob job for sure. I would settle for just that. Do I need to wait the full year to get boobs done?

I got my plastic surgery 15 months post VSG. I know docs want you to wait one year after you make it to goal weight, mine did not have that requirement.

It depends on the surgeon. I am in the midst of consultations with surgeons for Tummy Tuck and breast lift. Today one told me they wanted me within 10 pounds of goal weight, stable at that weight for three months. Two others are fine doing the surgery now, given that I do not intend on losing 20 or more pounds (goal is under 10 lbs).

Posted (edited)

i had my plastics done just shy of 14 mnths post op. i would have done it earlier (at 7 mnths post op when i reached goal) but my surgeon of choice was booked up.

i had Tummy Tuck, arm lift and boob lift in one shot. second best decision ever (after wls, ha).

if its worth anything, i understand that further weight LOSS affects the results more than further weight GAIN. but i mean, if you have the means and inclination, you can always have revision plastics if need be.

Edited by ms.sss

Okay, I am about 20lbs from my weight goal but really may never get to that goal, as I am weight lifting and working out. Honestly my boobs are so depressing and Idk if I can hold out 8 more months till I hit a year.

Do you all suggest I start my search now for surgeon and see what they say?

Yes! Many have a several month wait list, so start your research now.

I could technically start looking now, but I want to give it a year AFTER I hit my final goal weight to see how my weight holds and how bad the fluctuations are (if there are any). I also want to give my body a rest. I have basically ZERO boobs and my butt just went and eff'd off. In a perfect world, I'd like to get a lower body lift, upper body lift, boob job, and whatever I need to correct the turkey neck I now have. HOWEVER, I don't know that I can realistically do all that. So a boob job, Tummy Tuck, and my neck are really my must haves. Everything else, I can work around with my clothes. I just don't want to undo the plastics by getting them too soon and then losing more weight and needing them done again. I'd rather make sure my body and weight are COMPLETELY stable before I invest that kind of money.

3 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

Yes! Many have a several month wait list, so start your research now.

agreed!

i started shopping around for a surgeon the month i reached goal (7 months post in May 2019) with the intention of having it done immediately.

i saw 4 surgeons. 3 of them had availabilities within 2-3 months. the 4th one (the one i wanted) had his first opening almost a year later in april 2020 ! i was disappointed but booked him anyway cuz i liked him best. but as luck would have it, he decided to open up a day over his xmas holidays to get me in. i'd like to think it was my sunny personality that moved him lol. so i ended up getting it all done in December 2019.

looking back it was really good he did me a solid because the original date of April 2020 would've been the start of covid when all elective surgeries were suspended around here. i probably wouldn't have had my plastics until 2021 or later. phew! dodged a bullet there.

anyway...long story short it hurts nothing to start looking around and getting an idea of whats out there and available to you.

good luck! ❤️

I have been looking online and there are 3 so far that their work looks really good, one of them actually specialize in surgery for bariatric patients. So maybe I start at least visiting them and see if they also tell me I need to lose 20more pounds.

they don't all require it, but personally, I would wait. It's super common to have a weight rebound of 10-20 lbs after hitting your lowest weight (and some people gain even more than that - but 10-20 seems pretty average), and I was told by a couple of my consults not to gain more than 10 or 15 lbs after plastic surgery, because I can affect the results.

so I started looking and booked a consultation with one for next Friday. I wont get surgery till my weight has settled but I want to get an idea of pricing, what can be done, and possible book someone I like in a future date. But I am excited!