Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Awesome thread! I had fun watching MsDad's journey from before to after! I am at the before stage, just making the decision to finally do this for myself! :clap2:

I am a bit nervous, to say the least. Plus incredibly excited at the prospects. Maybe it's a good thing I will have to be self pay, at this stage I might not pass the psych eval an insurance company would want@:faint:

My partner and I are in our 12th year together, two kids from my previous marriage. She is supportive of my getting banded, but scared for safety, etc. It cracks me up that with so many couples we have big and small together! She is about 5'6" and maybe 125 lbs. It really sucks when size 8 pants are too big!!!!

Well, just wanted to say hello, meet some fellow banditos (or future banditos like myself), and enjoy this GLBT group! Anyone from Colorado?

Btw, MsDad, we have a table saw, power drill, router, skillsaw, and an air compressor!! But, damn, were cute! Funny though, I just love designing and building stuff, after I take off the dress and makeup! LOL

My our little family keeps growing, this is a good thing, welcome Edd, Trish and Want2beme again, we will have to compare our power tools, lol

Eddie Congratulations on our upcoming marriage and your NSV, I love those.

The scale is starting to move again for me YEAHHHHH. Still have not got back to my lowest weight before I went on vacation, and that slight unfill that I had to have, but I am about 1/2 lb from it. I will get to it this week and pass my lowest point.(fingers crossed).

Anyway family have a great week.

Hi Trisha and Want2beme!

Reading their stories does help and gives you hope. I am in the same boat as ya'll. I go see the shrink (hehe..thought it was nicer than saying nut doctor) today and on Wednesday I see Dr. Grossbard. The shrink is suppose to fax my results over to him and if everything goes well, they are going to put me on that wonderful opti-fast. I am really not looking forward to that part, but it has to be done. To make things more interesting my mother is looking at having it done too. She is 5'3" and 388 lbs. By Thursday I will know when everything should happen...getting nervous, but it is worth it.

Hi everyone, guess who has internet access in her lesbian owned B&B???

I need to call Pamela about grabbing coffee tomorrow....

Eddie, Fantastic NSV! You've got to be stoked!

Newbies-welcome. We're a happy little group here.

XO

[

My partner and I are in our 12th year together, two kids from my previous marriage. She is supportive of my getting banded, but scared for safety, etc. It cracks me up that with so many couples we have big and small together! She is about 5'6" and maybe 125 lbs. It really sucks when size 8 pants are too big!!!!

Well, just wanted to say hello, meet some fellow banditos (or future banditos like myself), and enjoy this GLBT group! Anyone from Colorado?

Btw, MsDad, we have a table saw, power drill, router, skillsaw, and an air compressor!! But, damn, were cute! Funny though, I just love designing and building stuff, after I take off the dress and makeup! LOL

too funny, I was just on here ordering up a new drill at Makita.com! love my tools, it's like christmas when we get a new one. In my former life I left nursing and went to work with my now X doing finish carpentry. But that was many years ago, my kids, now very grown, are in the building business and now won't let me touch anything in the house. But, I do:eyebrows:anyway! Now I'm back to the nursing full time. no "dress or makeup" here though! I guess I would be the fem one. I will do it on occasion. lol. My Wife of the last 14 years (legally, since Oct. 06):whoo: wouldn' t be caught dead in a dress!!! all 4'10 and 105 lbs of her!

it really is a screeem..... and she's tough, I got a little 8 lb. dog and she's a scrapper too, something about being little....?!

anyway, great to have you on here, Keep us posted on your journey, oh ya, Mass here :kiss.

Hi everyone. Just touching base.

Eddie ..congrats on the "skinny" clothes ! We are so twins ! I'm into 38's too ! You & me will soon be Paris & Nicole.

Wish I could come to your reception...have a cracker for me :)

Great to see more people joining our fantastic group.

thats too funny that so many of us are at the psych eval stage! i had mine yesterday morning. and to be quite honest he was an ass! he asked me if i binge eat and i said no.. which i dont and he goes "um stevee this doesn't add up you wouldn't weigh this much if you didnt" REALLY???? to be quite honest i dont binge eat or emotional eat. i started gaining weight in 3 rd grade at which time i was extrememly active and swam like a fish... been to 3 docs about the fact that i dont lose weight when i try. so he could suck a nut for all i care! lol but i passed! hehehe now they submit it to my insurance and i wait for the letter of approval. i still have to save up 700 dollars before my surgery date. thats the only thing holding me back!

welcome newbies!!!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to send a quick note of introduction. I am a 37 year old mother of 2 (18 and 15). I have been with my partner going on 9 wonderful years now! She is such a special person. I have to tell you my Band story, but I will try to make it short. She works shift work so I was taking an afternoon nap with her a few weeks ago when I had a jumble of dreams. When I woke up she asked me why I was so restless. I told her about my dreams. One was how one minute I was looking in the mirror being disgusted with my body and the next I was wanting surgery to fix it. She knows how I feel about surgery, that I have said I never want to be cut on again for the rest of my life.(due to past surgeries from an accident) She asked me did I really want this. I said I really did, and the rest is a blurrrr. I had my appointment today with Dr Spivak in Houston, and scheduled surgery for AUGUST 29th!!! We are both happy and nervous. I just want to say how lucky I am to have her. Without her this could never happen, both financially and emotionally. Since her company does not offer DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP benefits, I have no insurance of my own. I work for myself and just have never wanted to pay for private insurance. She has been after me for years to allow her to just get some for me, but I kept saying no. Anyway...she is paying for my surgery and is supporting me emotionally in this lifelong decision. I am so happy and excited and scared! I'm glad I ran accross this thread. I hadn't seen it before and I'm just glad to know there are more GLBT people on the bandwagon. Good luck to all!

Cheri52 ~ ahhh, another tool soul mate!! We wish we actually knew more than we do, but have managed to build a small deck, shed with deck on top, trim windows, baseboard, fencing, raised garden beds, windowboxes, stuff like that...would LOVE to know how to add a room to the house though! Oh, and the replacing faucets, showers, install the garbage disposal, cabinets...ya know, all the fun stuff that saves gobs of money to do yourself! We have learned to figure out everything we have to so far, and more all the time!

So, you traded your nail gun for a stethescope? that's awesome! My partner works in landscaping, I work in the insurance/mutual fund realm. And, she is about 5'6" and maybe 125 lbs...egads! but, my shrinking will come!

So, everyone...guess what?? I committed..surgery scheduled in September!!!:clap2: Dr. K in Denver. Hey, how is MsDad doing? I haven't seen a post since I discovered this group!

Dezbus, Bozlee, TriVon, Baybeeg, Juli, Michiganer, Luci, Chris, MsDad, Mgh (I hope i didn't forget anyone!)...I look foward to getting to know all of you more!

You are all awesome..keep up the good work!

journey on!

Tomorrow I'll be posting pictures of me and Pamela...What a hoot!

We had coffee on Tuesday and dinner together last night with a third couple (Matt and Tom) from New York! It's such a small world! OMG, we shut the restaurant down! :):D:)

Provincetown is a great destination....Walking down the street, holding hands has been such a treat!

Congratulations Tricia...our surgeries will only be a few days apart. I met with my doctor on Wednesday and everything went great. I am scheduled to have the surgery on September 4th!! I am excited and nervous all at the same time...which is kinda weird, but in a good way.

Hmm...I think I need more power tools, I only have a drill. :) Maybe, not cuz I would probably lose a digit.

Don't ya just love Ptown! I went there with a group of friends and it is an awesome place to visit, especially if you have a partner.

Well, I gotta run, but I wanted to check in. I wish you all well.

Hmm...I think I need more power tools, I only have a drill. :) Maybe, not cuz I would probably lose a digit.
Hey Edd, don't go letting the Lesbians think they're the only ones who can use power tools safely! We've got plenty of them and know how to use 'em! Not that we get much time to, of course...

What part of Tampa are you in? Sean and I are going to be in Crystal River this weekend. We're planning on relocating further south in a couple of years (after our daughter graduates from HS) and Citrus County is one of the places we're considering. It's far enough off the beaten path but still relatively close to Tampa, Ocala or even Orlando. We want to get out of what Sean refers to as "Suburbia Hell." We're pretty much over all the development up here and would like to end up somewhere where it's a slower, more laid-back pace. Anyway, most of our other choices are a little further south so we'll have to meet up when we're closer to you. How far is it from Tampa to Crystal River/Homosassa anyway? Mapquest says it's about an hour, but it's never quite accurate.

Welcome to the latest newbies! I'm starting to lose track of how many folks are part of our little family here! I'm certainly not complaining though! Maybe we need to take a roll call one of these days...

I seem to be stuck again. But this time I'm not frustrated cause I know it will starting moving again. Besides, I'm still psyched about being able to buy clothes in the 30's! But it's still a very strange feeling to not be able to find anything that fits me because everything is too BIG!! :)

Hi Edd,

Good luck on your new band! I hope we can keep in touch and track each others progress. As for PTOWN, we've never been...but can't wait to go! I plan on taking my honey there next year after April. My doctor has a band group that will be going on a cruise, but its just not the same. I want to go a place where we can be totally at ease walking down the street hand in hand.

Hi MsDad,

You should be so happy that nothing fits!!! And, I for one do not use power tools. There is only one that I use....and get your mind out of that gutter. lol I learned to use a chain saw after hurricane Rita! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

TTYL

PamelaJuliComp.jpg

This is Pamala aka Kity in red and me in yellow. She's from California and I'm from Ohio but we met in Provincetown! You aren't seeing things, we met in a coffee/pastry/gelato shop! Look at that case behind us!!! Aren't we adorable?!

Thanks Eddie, for putting this thread out there. We'd have never met otherwise. Also, btw, we all got along very well...her gf, my gf..we'll be meeting again in LasVegas in January with the rest of the LBTers who can make it! :wacko::):):):)

i wanted to update you all on the status of my surgery. I'm needing about $700 for the surgeon fees before i can have it done... and then the hospital and anesthesiologist will bill me... well my dad's mom had originally said she'd help me w/ that if i at least saved some of it. so i was gonna try to save 100 or 150. keep in mind this is a grandma of mine that has never really liked me. she's always favored my sister and cousins. but said she was willing to help me with this. so anyways my dad went to visit them today and grandma told him she wont be helping me. she just doesnt have the money which is total bullshit cuz they are sittin on a lot of money. so anyways this really changes everything. w/ my house payment going up $200 a month and my paychecks being so small i have to be real with myself... i can't save $700. so at this point.. i dont know whats going to happen. i dont know if the approval from insurance is only good for so long before i have to go see the dietician again and the pschiatrist and pay their fees all over again or what... but the surgery won't be happening this year i do know that....

just wanted to leave an update cuz i can't sleep for thinkin about this. so close to my dream and it comes crashing down.

thank u all ahead of time for your support....