Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

So i start my liquid diet today. I guess i got lucky my doctor only requires 7 days of liquids. Im excited but getting nervous now that everything is feeling real. Surgery next Wednesday..

So, I've hit a stall! 4 days of the same weight so far.I figured it was coming soon. Since reading the site so often I know it happens and it will eventually go down again.

@

@@AuriP Try & think of it as intermission before the Main Act Starts. Once you start again the Spotlight will be on you because the lost will be so amazing you will have to deal with a slew of new challenges all Good. Like donating clothes, constant compliments feeling chilly in the winter and so on and so on. ???? I don't know about you but a pause is nothing compared to the long-'term loss of the weight!

@

@@AuriP Try & think of it as intermission before the Main Act Starts. Once you start again the Spotlight will be on you because the lost will be so amazing you will have to deal with a slew of new challenges all Good. Like donating clothes, constant compliments feeling chilly in the winter and so on and so on. ???? I don't know about you but a pause is nothing compared to the long-'term loss of the weight!

Thank you for this. This is a great analogy. It definitely makes me feel renewed!

Hey friends! I think I get to go home today!! Although I'm a little nervous. I'm afraid to get dehydrated at home. I still have fluids going in here to keep me nice and hydrated. I got to take a shower!! I was so excited!! I haven't really had the gas pain I expected. My main pain is coming from the stupid drain site. I'm sipping kn broth and Water, but I'm not hungry at all so it's hard to make myself drink. Gonna go take a snooze. I'll check in later

Best Learned PostOp Tricks

1. download a Water AP so I get reminders & can track intake.

2. Drink 2OZ's of natural PRUNE juice mixed with1OZ OJ instead of Colace or Milk of Magnesia. It Works!!!

3. TiVo my favorite shows & watch only on playback so I can skip over food commercials

4. Weigh only once a week so I don't go crazy focusing on the scale too much.

5. Each day exercise Walking is best, & don't forget my fitBit or pedi meter a few steps more each day. Even if it's around the living Room

????????????????????????????????????

Will guys tomorrow is my day have to be there at 6:45am and surgery at 8am lol I'm nervous a lil it's cool and windy here In VA I feel crazy right now

@ jyoyonomore

Thank you for that wonderful list. I am making a list for my last shopping trip before surgery and prune juice is on it. When did you start taking it? I guess I should ask when did you notice the plumbing was clogging up? It's a huge fear of mine because I actually have gone to the ER for Constipation after a back injury (herniated a disk) and after several days of pain meds Oxycodone. I was in serious trouble. Apparently it stops your GI track completely but they didn't tell me. So, la. la.. me, I was feeling fine on meds until no movement for 12 days!

@ammylynns

I am glad you are doing okay. Going home will be awesome. But I do understand the fluids thing. In the Hospital you have an IV at home it will be sip sip, all day long. It's hard, I have been told and some do have to go back to hospital for dehydration. It's rare but it's enough to scare me. I am not a Water drinker, I am more of a camel type. I store it for the month, lol.

Oh no, I just read in OCTOBER 2014 Topic layknee is at the ER with dehydration and a possible stricture. Keep her in your thoughts, okay.

Will guys tomorrow is my day have to be there at 6:45am and surgery at 8am lol I'm nervous a lil it's cool and windy here In VA I feel crazy right now

I felt the same way before my surgery. Keep busy, you'll be okay. Good luck!

Thought I was in the post surgery thread, moving it over there

Edited by smiley922

OCT 23

Is the turn for @@Naynay31, @@tacycakes and @freelyme. Anyone else? Please let me know for an official send off.

Good Luck Gladiators

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

@Beni@, you only have 6 days to go. How are you feeling about it?

OCT 23

Is the turn for @@Naynay31, @@tacycakes and @freelyme. Anyone else? Please let me know for an official send off.

Good Luck Gladiators

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So super excited!!! A bit nervous! Going to stay on hospital campus tonight to avoid traffic in the morning!! Woohoo! Congrats to the other 23rds, we're about to join the losers bench!

So super excited!!! A bit nervous! Going to stay on hospital campus tonight to avoid traffic in the morning!! Woohoo! Congrats to the other 23rds, we're about to join the losers bench!

congrats!!!