Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

Nope I'm still on week 2-3 stage -I'm allowed strained Soups made with skim milk, but just had an adverse reaction to one.

I have had the low fat cream of chicken post surgery, and planning on low fat broccoli and cheese today, Protein added to it. the first was no problem. I also woke up with a gurggling belly this morning, and sweating from head to toe, no fever. Musta been bad and ate something in my dreams :)

Hey friends ! I can't believe it's 9:15! Pain level still good. It's from the shot in my back. The itching is literally driving me insane. Got 1 dose of benadryl. Waiting for another one. Got up and took a walk. Felt great!!

Check out my sexy legs!!

Congratulations to you! Wishing you well.

Hi everyone! I have been so busy the last few days, I haven't been able to keep up with everyone here. How is everyone doing? I had my Pre-Op Education at my Bariatric Office yesterday and got my 'before' picture taken. Thursday is my appointment at the Hospital to pre-register and then Friday I have my appointment with the surgeon. The 29th is going to be here before I know it! I'm trying to get things finished up and caught up at work since I will be out for a few weeks. I was talking to one of the girls at work that I am also friends with this morning and told her that she will have to come visit me while I am home recovering. She laughed and said, 'yeah, I will come and bring you food'. REALLY?? That really pissed me off. Why in the world would anyone say that to someone who is getting ready to have Weight Loss Surgery. She knows I won't be able to eat 'normal' for a while. Ugh...that just frustrated me.

Oh well...I hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

@@smiley922 I hope that was a juicy dream at least, with desert, of course.

I have been reading a lot about this sweating in relation to eating past WLS. Wondering what it may be. Any thoughts? Could it be the temporary lactose intolerance my NUT talked about or our intestines are absorbing the food so quickly because - heck food let's work on the double absorbing since we are starving, or what? But then yours was in the morning. Wondering if some more advanced "bypassers" know.

Hi friends! Doing alright here. A lot of pain and morphine wasn't taking care it

It's all I could have until I did the swallow test. I passed the swallow test! Yay! So now I get 30 mil of Water every hour. I did not have to have the feeding tube! And just one drainage tube. That area is super sore. I'll have to leave it for a week. Ewww. Ok. Drugs kicking in Need to sleep

@@amylynns

Sorry about the pain. Get some rest.

Great leg warmers you had there by the way.

All the best,

Beni

I don't think it's lactose intolerance when it comes to me. I do just fine with milk, no sweating, no nausea. I get get hot sometimes but I wouldn't have eaten anything and still feel that way. I read from someone on here that once they do surgery our metabolisms kind of reset themselves. I'm wondering if that might be the reason I feel so warm all the time.

So I weighed myself this morning one week after my surgery. I realized last night out with my husband for some quick shopping that my size 22 pants were pretty big. That Fat brain is still working???? So here are my stats

One week ago on my Surgery Day. I weighed 244.5 and today I'm 236.9 Lbs.

That's 7lbs in one week!!!! But even better news. Back in August being the planner & organizer I'am I decided to just track my food intake using "MyFtnessPal.com an AP I love. I was amazed at how much sodium some of my food choices contained despite being low Cal so I started choosing something else. So from the end of August until I started my PreOp liquids that's all I did. Well because of that on Surgery Day I had lost 10pds using the AP and 10Pds doing the PreOp liquid Diet.

Soooooooo get Ready Gladiators ......... All together I went from 264 pounds my highest weight ever in Life to 244.5 on Surgery Day.

That's means I lost 27.1 Lbs all together & this time thanks to VSG I'm never, never going back!!! So take that Fat Brain????????☺️

How tall are you? We are pretty much the same. I started at 265. Day of surgery: 247. Today- two weeks post op- 237. I am doing good except for a low grade fever. 3 weeks of puréed now.

Okay. Starting the prep now. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15. I'm a little worried about all of the people who are saying that the morphine isn't covering the pain. I've had abdominal surgery before. I've had my gallbladder out (open incision) and a hysterectomy. Are there people out there that have had previous surgeries and is this worse?

Mariew- they've switch my pain meds to a liquid one now that I can drink. It's working better. Most of my pain is where the drain is. Don't be afraid to tell them you need something stronger though. :-)

amylynns - I'm glad you are doing better. Thanks for all of the posts and I hope things go smoothly for you during the rest of your recovery.

How tall are you? We are pretty much the same. I started at 265. Day of surgery: 247. Today- two weeks post op- 237. I am doing good except for a low grade fever. 3 weeks of puréed now.

@walkinonsunshine I'am 5ft 6inches and by the way I bought two pairs of skinny girl sweat pants last night that I'am gonna wear Christmas morning to open my gifts and go ice skating in. I'am originally from the Midwest and grew up ice skating I just love it.????. But for years avoided it because my feet just throbbed on the single blade every time I tried to skate with all this weight. ⛄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️???? I love ice skating & might even try cross country skiing ????

@@smiley922 I hope that was a juicy dream at least, with desert, of course.

I have been reading a lot about this sweating in relation to eating past WLS. Wondering what it may be. Any thoughts? Could it be the temporary lactose intolerance my NUT talked about or our intestines are absorbing the food so quickly because - heck food let's work on the double absorbing since we are starving, or what? But then yours was in the morning. Wondering if some more advanced "bypassers" know.

I am also menopausal, so that could have played into it

Well folks, this was surprisingly easy! I definitely had pain and a bit of nausea but they were so well managed that it's been very good! I'm still loopy but doing well! Even had my first walk. So that's it for now. Just wanted to let y'all know! Thanks everyone for being here! Sorry for typos!

I'm so envious of all of you whom have had your surgeries already but I'm also glad that I'm one of the 'last' for October so I can see how everyone else is handling it! lol I'm nervous, excited, scared, happy...all of the emotions i'm sure you all went through too. I can't wait until Monday!!!!