Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

That's disappointing. Hang in there.

No it isn't it has been changed to between the 1st or the 8th November. He was going to op on a weekend but found no one trained in bariatric operation care works on weekends. So have to find a day during the week. We're told 3 others are waiting too.

@naynay31. Where are you having surgery? I'm at Fair Oaks. Hope all is well!

@@Sherrib4health I used to live near Fair Oaks! Grew up around that area. We moved to Florida last year.

Came home tonight and my Vitamins arrived! Never been so excited about vitamins!

I'm home. Yay!! Very sore. I hate the drain. Only small amount of gas pain though. I have a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my belly. Not hungry at all

So hard to drink anything. Oh and I started coughing this afternoon. Hurt SO bad. Then I was afraid I was getting sick. But the nurse said its just from walking. It's bringing up shit out of my lungs. I'm galling asleep so I'll be back later.

I'm home. Yay!! Very sore. I hate the drain. Only small amount of gas pain though. I have a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my belly. Not hungry at all

So hard to drink anything. Oh and I started coughing this afternoon. Hurt SO bad. Then I was afraid I was getting sick. But the nurse said its just from walking. It's bringing up **** out of my lungs. I'm galling asleep so I'll be back later.

@@amylynns Welcome home! Take it easy and start that healing!

@@AuriP

6 days and I am a nervous reck. Besides finding out I am intolerant to whey Protein and the associated tummy/bathroom issues that went with that. I feel an imaginary cold coming at anytime. I also have imaginary heart issues. Should I call them worry palpitations. I have cleaned my bathrooms to a sparkle they have never had. Yeh, well is not the way I describe my current condition. So glad my husband is on a business trip or he would think I lost it. I think there's a bit of nesting going on here.

you'll do fine @@Beni

I'm new to the group. My surgery is on the 30th. Just started my liquid diet. I'm getting really nervous.

I'm new to the group. My surgery is on the 30th. Just started my liquid diet. I'm getting really nervous.

Welcome! You found a great group!

So hard to drink anything. Oh and I started coughing this afternoon. Hurt SO bad. Then I was afraid I was getting sick. But the nurse said its just from walking. It's bringing up **** out of my lungs. I'm galling asleep so I'll be back later.

I coughed for a week after surgery. Hurry so bad. I feel for you.

hurt so bad...stupid spell check.

yes that coughing is nothing to be Scoffed at. That is some real pain. It's best to use a pillow held firmly against your abdomen.

Thought I would check in now that I am functioning. I had my surgery last Wednesday. Was in the hospital for six days. Because of other medical problems they used NO paralytics. I had a revision from a Nissan. I feel like I am doing GREAT. Not really needing pain medicine now. Hate cruising my pills and taking them it is so gross. Have my fist follow up appt tomorrow. I gained twenty pounds upon release. That IS a lot of Fluid to retain. It is taking its sweet time leaving the system. If I rested more maybe that would help it leave. For the first six days I thought I had made the biggest mistake. Over that hump and feel I made the right choice. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Thought I would check in now that I am functioning. I had my surgery last Wednesday. Was in the hospital for six days. Because of other medical problems they used NO paralytics. I had a revision from a Nissan. I feel like I am doing GREAT. Not really needing pain medicine now. Hate cruising my pills and taking them it is so gross. Have my fist follow up appt tomorrow. I gained twenty pounds upon release. That IS a lot of Fluid to retain. It is taking its sweet time leaving the system. If I rested more maybe that would help it leave. For the first six days I thought I had made the biggest mistake. Over that hump and feel I made the right choice. Thanks for letting me ramble.

On post op day 4 I felt that way. Some days I still feel like I may have made a mistake. I hear that goes away eventually, just that I want to survive seeing grandchildren being born. My kids are still little, oldest will be 8 in December so I have a long life to live. I know there are studies for 10 years out but I don't see much of people who are much farther than that. That's what I'm most nervous about, the uncharted after 10 years. I can't wait until I'm happy with my decision.

Getting ready to go downstairs and check in at 7:45!!!

Hi, my surgery is Tuesday Oct 28th, as much as I would love to go to day and skip the next 5 days of worrying, I have to wait patiently my turn.