Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

@@Beni your room sounds wonderful! Sounds like you are all ready. Only a couple more days for us and we will be on the road to recovery and our new healthy life! xoxo

My recliner wasn't a good option. I get lost in it, LOL Way too hard to get out of. I've been planted mostly in the living room on my couch with a pillow behind me and on either side and on my belly on top of the heating pad.

Bedtime I have pillows propped all around me too. I did move to my side a little bit last night, hopefully tonight it'll be less painful. Just couldn't find a spot I wasn't hurting.

I agree--we need some pics of Beni! ;-)

My recliner was really helpful with my last couple abdominal surgeries. I am hoping it helps after this one too.

Layknee,

Yeah, I have the pin on it, but only pinned it to my gown at the hospital. I could do that now too I suppose. I just want the damn thing out.

on the bright side it can be beneficial by removing excess air

I've slept in my bed the last 2-3 nights. It has been nice. Still a little weird laying on my sides but not too bad. @"Beni"@ your new room sounds Cozy. Now all we need is your before pic so we could put a face to you!

i don't think she may be comfortable with that and it's okay.

I also went to Home Depot and purchased a big piece of plywood. If I have to elevate the top of the bed, I'll be ready. The next mattress I purchase will be an electric one that elevates at the push of a button. But I am very happy with my room. I have been working on this all week.

It's kind of a nursery and in a way I am giving birth to ME

Edited by Beni

We have that kind of bed Beni. The head and feet go up and it vibrates, but.....brett sleeps on his side and you can't move each side independently, so I couldn't put my side up or he gets a kink in his back. :-)

I also went to Home Depot and purchased a big piece of plywood. If I have to elevate the top of the bed, I'll be ready. The next mattress I purchase will be an electric one that elevates at the push of a button. But I am very happy with my room. I have been working on this all week.

It's kind of a nursery and in a way I am giving birth to ME

@@Beni what a great way to put it! So glad you have your girl cave all set up! I'm a bit limited but I'm working with it!

I'm home! I felt pretty good the day of surgery and the second day was good too. The next day wasn't so great. I was a bit more nauseous than the previous days so they allowed me to stay one more night. I still walked and walked and walked. My surgeon puts us on pureed food two days after surgery. I can tolerate chicken, carrots, turkey, broccoli and even sausage! I'm thrilled with this. Each meal consisted of about a tablespoon of Protein and a tablespoon of veggie. It took me over a half hour to eat each meal. I'm not having problems with any of it so far...knock wood! It's nice to be home and figure out my routine. I'm more than pleased with having this surgery. Just remember to walk walk walk walk. I was up every time they took my vitals. Every 4 hours! Walking definitely helps! Sip Water constantly. I was always a fast eater. I inhaled food! This is not going to be easy but I'm still so happy I did this. All pre-ops, you got this!

Sherri I am so happy to hear you are doing well. Sausage, oh my, there are a lot of jealous people around these parts right now. It's great that you can tolerate all the different foods.

Sherri I am so happy to hear you are doing well. Sausage, oh my, there are a lot of jealous people around these parts right now. It's great that you can tolerate all the different foods.

@@Beni they even threw in beef. I know I'm very blessed to be able to tolerate these things.

I had my pre-op appointment today. I am signed and ready to go. My year-long journey has been complicated, and Tuesday morning (10-28), my life will change in a new way. I am very excited and frightened all at the same time. I have been given so much love and support. I wound up losing 25 pounds on my liquid diet. "They" were so pleased.

I am grateful to this group for helping me find the way.

Keep hope alive.

i don't think she may be comfortable with that and it's okay.

Hey if she isn't comfortable it's okay. No bones off my back. :D

Drains are a pain in the butt!! I had a mastectomy 2 years ago and had 2 drains. They were honestly the WORST part of the whole process. The little suture that was wrapped around the tube, then sewn into the skin...OMG. It was soooo irritating. Once those bad boys came out I felt like a new woman!! Hang in there, you're one day closer to having that torture device removed ;)

Edited by rscaggs22

Tomorrow I start my 3 days of Clear liquids. Let's hope I have enough will power to make it. I have set up a command center. I actually moved out of my bedroom for several reasons.

1. I want to be in the main floor not upstairs

2. My husband arrived today from a business trip to Asia and I cannot get sick at this point. He is going to be so jet legged and up at all hours. I can't handle that right now. I tiered and cranky, I eat - NOOOOO

3. I am expecting to be in some pain and up at all hours when I get back home. I don't want to keep him up all night.

The Den it is. I must say it is very cozy: queen bed, recliner, arm chair, sofa, shelf with all my drink/food items, giant tv, laptop, music, books and last but not least 8 pillows. I really like my new room

@@Beni Sounds great I fixed up a 2nd bedroom that had been a junk room. Bought a recliner, a CD player & set up up affirmations strategically throughout the room a tv & lots of pillows & throws I call it my oasis. In another 4 weeks I'll add my free weights & yoga mat so I can exercise here. I do share the room with our Boston Terrier but he's nothing but a comfort. Your going to love your "Oasis"