Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Wow you guys are looking good!

I am now starting to notice a different in myself. having my bottoms fall off helps this that. And tops seem bigger too. I've noticed my top belly roll of fat (you all know what I mean) is definitely shrinking. Wedding rings are getting looser too. When I have to get them sized down though I'm only doing one at a time because a naked finger would just way too wierd feeling.

I want to lose 20-40 pounds by mid august (when classes start again). I think thats reasonable.

DH and I went to McCalisters for lunch yesterday- its a sandwhich plate. I had my potatoe salad for lunch and then today for lunch I ate half of the veggie pita I ordered. I might have the other half for dinner. but I should get Protein in.. hmm.. I can add roast beef! I should start tracking my food stats again. I want to make sure I am getting enough protein.

Tammy and Thickchick....Just saw your pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWSOME....FABULOUS.....GRRRREAT.....YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:help: OK...I was totally excited for tomorrow because I was gonna leave the land of "Bandster Hell"....but NOOOOOO!!!! My Dr. office called to reschedule and they can't get me in for a fill date until JUNE 5th!!! I"m gonna DIE here. (yes, I'm in whine mode) I've really been trying to watch the calories, but I'm starting to get hungry and the calories are creeping up again. I've only lost 12 lbs since surgery, which I know, I know....is fine. I at least got permission to up the ante and go back to Curves earlier than I expected. I'm hoping that will help things maintain or help while I wait another couple of weeks.

Ok...now I'm done, whine over. Thanks for listening. Y'all are great!

A.

I use to ask my kids, would you like a little cheese with that whine. They never thought it was funny even now when they understand it. I'm only kidding. We all whine at one time or other. It's usually not as whiny as we think.

I use to ask my kids, would you like a little cheese with that whine. They never thought it was funny even now when they understand it. I'm only kidding. We all whine at one time or other. It's usually not as whiny as we think.

You know, that's funny because I just got home from a wine and cheese tasting. The wine was so good....the cheese was hit or miss. Some was super funky.

I need to put the numbers into fitday and I am very afraid. But it is important to me to have some sembelance of normal in my life. I decided to go fully aware of the consiquences. I ate well before and I will do well tomorrow.

OH very scared Juli

Hey everyone, Thanks for sharring pics! Great progress girls! I plan to take progress pics after 30 lbs gone, and will share. I've been hungry at night again.....and am definately eating too much. Have a fill appt 5/29. Exercise is going ok, though. How are you all doing with the exercise challenge?

Hey everyone, Thanks for sharring pics! Great progress girls! I plan to take progress pics after 30 lbs gone, and will share. I've been hungry at night again.....and am definately eating too much. Have a fill appt 5/29. Exercise is going ok, though. How are you all doing with the exercise challenge?

Hi Sophie! My exercise challenge is going pretty good. Some days, I have to force myself to go, but I always feel better afterwards. I normally do 30 min circuit training plus 100 crunches, but I am getting a little bored with it so I decided to only do it on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and on Tues and Thurs I do a 45min walk/jog. What's your routine?

I've been doing circuit usually on Tuesday and Thursday - 30 min. The other days I walk/hike, golf, or do eliptical - 30-45 min. I love yoga, but can't get my butt out of bed early enough to do it in the mornings! I want to try to get in that habbit again.

I'm not on any strict schedule, I just exercise when I can find a moment, and do what I feel like doing. When I get in better shape I'm going to start kickboxing and running again. Also will start riding my horse again soon. She just had a baby colt, so we will both need the workout! I tried doing some crunches, but I'm worried about my port. It moves around in there a lot and I wonder if it's disconnected on one end or something???

I agree, TammyJ, the old exercise routine can get boring, but keep reminding yourself of that wonderful adreneline rush after. I like to make workout CDs to listen to to keep it more exciting. I use my teen boys' music they download, so they think I'm cool when I know all the words to their songs.....plus it really gets me moving. I just have to ignore the questionable lyrics at times. :rolleyes

Hi Marchies,

I've been MIA for a couple of weeks.

I've had some issues between a pulled muscle in my abdomen which is EXCRUCIATING at times, and Constipation causing hemorrhoids/anal fissures I've been pretty miserable.

I went for a fill on 4/15 but Dr. Singh wanted to wait. He said if he gave me a fill and I was too tight I would have vomiting which would aggravate my muscle so he told me to rest the muscle to help it heal and to come back in 3 weeks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by 6/12 I'm done with pain and able to get a fill!

I've lost 17.5lbs since surgery but have had some NSV's.

I'm down from a 26/28 in tops and bottoms to an 18 top, and I can fit into 24 bottoms but they are too snug in the hips to be comfortable :)

Hi Kyethra. I noticed how much weight you have lost. Good for you!! I hope you are feeling well now. I know you were pretty sick for awhile. I hope all of that is over for you. My surgery was a week before yours and I haven't done nearly as well as you. I think I am going to be a member of the "slow losers club." I am so glad you young ones took care of business at an early age. Your health will be so much better in later years. What size band did you get. Mine is a medium, 10cm. I have had 2 fills, How about you?

Exercise is going well. Still doing Water aerobics 3 times a week. I usually walk for 30-60 minutes afterwards. I started doing weight machines with the hubby tonight too. I don't think I'll be walking tomorrow. :-P

I have my first fill next Wednesday...so hopefully the weight will start coming off again. :-D

Hey guys! I just got another fill today i'm up to 1.2cc and i'm still not sure if there's a difference. Does anybody know why some people don't feel their fills for days or weeks. i don't want to be that person. I like to see results!

Hey gang!

Tammyj I know what you mean about dragging yourself to the gym some days. But they say no one ever finishes a workout and says I wish I hadn't done that. I'm with you though, there are days I just don't want to do it.

This week was/is rough. I've made some choices, like going to a wine and cheese tasting and just having a grazing day where I couldn't stop eating. I'm not seeing any movement on the scale. I'm trying to come up with a plan for the weekend not to eat tons.

I hate this unfilled band at times.

I guess the up side is that if I'm not successful getting off the 10 pounds I'll get the fill. I'm frustrated. One side I've got rock star status with my surgeon because I lost so much. And I want to continue to be a rock star...but on the other I got the band so I could have some help. And yes the unfilled band helps, but fills would help more.

Hurumph.

OH Juli

Good Afternoon March bandsters! here is my NSV!!!!!

Had two people at work ask if I'd been losing weight...No one knows I had the LB surgery. I said "Thanks!, my lifestyle changes are really paying off!"

I'm glad someone, besides me, finally noticed! I've been working really hard with this band and a little compliment goes a long way for my motovation.

I could kick myself! I never took body measurments before my surgery.

I don't fit into my sz 18 pants any longer and the few pairs of 16's are kinda baggy in the waist.

The scale hasn't moved in a few weeks, so i'm sure i'm losing inches with all my walking/jogging.

Our local "fitness" center has a special for $30.00 a month, all the Water aerobics, weight room usage and swimming you want.

Thinking about joining for a month to see if I can really find the time to get away from the kids to do this. There isn't a trainer for the weight room, it's all on your own, not sure i would know what to do.

Everyone have a GREAT WEEKEND.....let's all get outside and get our bodies moving! The snow is gone and spring has arrived in Northern Michigan!

Hello Marchies!!!!!!!!

Is this just a weekday thread that we mess around on in place of doing work?

Having a slow weekend. Doing laundry and reading homework. Trotted aound the zoo for 3 hours this morning too.

What's going on?