Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I still have a lot of post to catch up on.

This last week was really hard. I had my sons graduation to plan for and worked myself sick trying to get everything done around the house. I also lost someone very dear to me. His name is Matt and I've known him for about 12 years. He just turned 21 in April, and got married on Feb 14 this year. He died in an IED explosion on May 6. Matt was the most kind hearted, giving person. He always had a moment to spear with anyone who needed just a moment. He loved his family and his God. I am still crying as I type this knowing that I will never be able to see him again. There were about 250 Patriot Guard Riders at his service this past Friday. It was held at our local high school because of how many people wanted to pay their respects. The elementary school students lined the road from the funeral home to the high school. It was the most amazing thing to see. All the children mixed in with all the Patriot Guard bikers, all holding flags. I don't think that there are many people in our town who were not touch in some way by this sweet gentle person. The only thing that makes this bearable is the fact that I know where Matt is now. He is in Heaven serving God the way he served his country, with everything he has.

Hugs to you Barb! I got a bit teary just reading this post. I have some close friends that ride with the Patriot Guard here in KS and they are a great group, who are doing a valuable service for our soldiers and families.

After not being able to eat anything on Sunday, I could not stop munching yesterday. It seems my body was trying to play catch up 'cause I felt out of control. I hope today will be better!

Welcome Back AfrykanV and thanks for the compliment! We've missed ya!

How you doing ThickChick...haven't heard from you in awhile!

Lala3000, how you doing girl! I am ready to jog tonight. I've tried to do it on my own, but it's just not the same without you!

Denise, Water aerobics sounds great! I will be starting a class in a couple weeks. My son is taking swimming lessons and the park district offers a Water aerobics class for parents during the same time. I can't wait to start!

Hello to everyone else!!! :wave: I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I still have a lot of post to catch up on.

This last week was really hard. I had my sons graduation to plan for and worked myself sick trying to get everything done around the house. I also lost someone very dear to me. His name is Matt and I've known him for about 12 years. He just turned 21 in April, and got married on Feb 14 this year. He died in an IED explosion on May 6. Matt was the most kind hearted, giving person. He always had a moment to spear with anyone who needed just a moment. He loved his family and his God. I am still crying as I type this knowing that I will never be able to see him again. There were about 250 Patriot Guard Riders at his service this past Friday. It was held at our local high school because of how many people wanted to pay their respects. The elementary school students lined the road from the funeral home to the high school. It was the most amazing thing to see. All the children mixed in with all the Patriot Guard bikers, all holding flags. I don't think that there are many people in our town who were not touch in some way by this sweet gentle person. The only thing that makes this bearable is the fact that I know where Matt is now. He is in Heaven serving God the way he served his country, with everything he has.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with him, his family and good friends. The one thing that kept me going after the sudden death of my husband was a statement I heard once that God puts you on the earth for a purpose and when you've served that purpose he takes you home. Know that your friend is now home.

Tammyj

I've had an attach of the grazing monster too! OMG, it's horrible.

Sounds like you are getting back on track though. Good for you!

Jogging huh? I think we now know were your butt went. You lost it while you were out running!

Your post reminded me that I need to get my daughter signed up for swimming lessons again.

Juli

Hello everyone I really need your prayers!

My Emotions are really going up and down alot!

I'm crying alot!!!! I never cry unless Im hurt!!!

Very emotional for no reason!

Not sure whats going on with me!

keep me in your prayers!

Hi everyone, is there any February Bandster, how are you doing. I glad I found this site. It’s hard to figure out everything by yourself. I attend a class weekly for my band, but I’m the only one who has a Lap Band. Everyone else has had the bypass, losing a lot of weight very quickly and mostly talk about there problems, goals and dealing with everyday life.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I starter at 343 lost 10 pounds before surgery, surgery was February 15<SUP>th</SUP>, now at 306. I have a hard time eating in the am, but after drink Water during the day I’m able to eat lunch and dinner. I think I need to eat smaller portions, not sure when to have my second fill. I had one fill March 31<SUP>st</SUP>, I have gone from size 28/30 to a 24 size my goal is to weight 150 pounds. I think all of you are doing great, keep it up……..Great Job!

Like to see how all the February Bandster are doing?

TCTX-

Where are you in your cycle? How long has the crying been going on? I know we store estrogen in our fat cells and as we lose weight more courses though our body. Could that be it?

Are you hitting weight loss numbers you've not seen in a while? What was going on the last time you weighed 248? Could that be causing you some emotional stuff?

Regardless of why it's happening you have my sympathies.

Wallygirl123-

Welcome. We are mostly March bandsters here. Some of around the first of month, so we're close! Sounds like you are doing very well indeed with your weight loss.

OH Juli

I don't have any pointers other than warn people to stay out of the way and hope tomorrow is better.

BIG HUGS ThickChick!!! :hug: I've been going through something lately as well. No really crying, but just not wanting to do much of anything. With the weight loss I would think I'd want to run out and show the world, but I have been feeling real BLAH lately. Our bodies are going through alot of dramatic changes and maybe it's to be expected, but I know it will get better. Hang in there hun!

Juli, the jogging is a challenge for me. It's much easier if I have someone telling me to get moving! I'm hoping it doesn't totally get rid of my butt...I like a little cushion...LOL!

Wallygirl, you're welcome to hang around here, but if you're looking for other February bandsters use this link http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/february-2007-bandsters-27241/

OH Juli & TammyJ

Im not on my cycle at all I been very nauseated *i knw I didnt spell it right*

Headaches headaches for ever!!!

Been cold more then usual

Vey tired lately

Very mean to people *not my kids*

I feel like crying right now! Last time I threw up was Saturday!

thickchick..you poor thing, feeling rotten like that is no fun.

I get that way 7-10 days before my period beginsdue to hormones. I see i'm being awful, but just can't seem to keep my mouth shut and become really snappy. I really hate myself when I get like that then I cry and cry.

I've been on prozac, cymbalta, and now wellbutrin xl. These drugs keep my emotions in line most of the time, but not during pms.

oh juli...is this true about fat storing estrogen? wow, had no idea.

everyone keep up the good work. I vow to stick to the LB rules the rest of the day (i didn't during lunch!%$#&*?)

gonna mow the lawn tonight and start packing the camper for the holiday weekend and walk, wak, walk. i'm trying to do 10,000 steps a day and I only have 2030 today cause i've been sitting at my desk. ARGGG!

OH Juli & TammyJ

Im not on my cycle at all I been very nauseated *i knw I didnt spell it right*

Headaches headaches for ever!!!

Been cold more then usual

Vey tired lately

Very mean to people *not my kids*

I feel like crying right now! Last time I threw up was Saturday!

You poor baby.

How much are you eating everyday? You might not be getting enough calories. That could account for the headaches and feeling cold.

Why are you throwing up? Are you PBing or bringing up real stomach contents?

Could your band be too tight if you are nausiated (spelled hella wrong) and throwing up regularly?

All of the above symptoms would have me crying too. :hug:

I will be alright I dont want to sound like I'm throwing myself a pity party, thanks for your wonderful and blessed words today Tammy,Oh Juli and Demsvmejm!

love yall much

Going to get a prego test this evening to make sure I'm not with child!!!!

I will write back when I start feelin better

Thickchicktexas

Stay encouraged you have been doing such a great job. This is a physical, mental, and emotional journey. The ups and downs are expected, however if you are having a problem getting yourself up it would be good to outreach for some counseling to help you thru this emotional time. A good start would probaly be your doctor, he could probaly give you a referral. Or you can try a EAP(Employee Assistance Program). I will keep you in my prayers.