Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

So my home scale has been reading 318 for several days now. I was so excited because I thought I had lost 67 pounds......uh no. I went and weighed at my surgeons yesterday and it was 330 - which is still 55 pounds so I am not complaining.

I need to just stay off the scale unless I am at my doctor's - I am starting to get a little obsessive about it.

Oh Dear!

How frustrating! There is a 7 pound difference between mine and my surgeon's scale. I wish I could stay off of my scale. I just can't!

But a general downward slide is what we're all looking for, right?

My "bad" day has turned into a bad few weeks. I have never really been a sugar/candy bar/sweet eater. Since this band, that's all I crave!

M & M's, chocolate and oreo Cookies. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i'm eating a ton of this stuff, maybe giving me 500/600 extra calories a week. but i've gotta stop!

I've been down to this weight before and this is typically when I give-up, start eating the crap again, and start gaining it back.

I can't say that I'm not restricted. I graze. A few soy crisps here, a couple bites of chicken there, half a meatball from the kids spaghetti, a cookie or two, a handful of chocolate chips. I need to get a handle on this head hunger thing, and FAST! My scale shows I've lost 2 lbs since my last fill on May 8th.

I see the Dr. again on Monday. I don't need a fill, I need a brain jolt to get my LB thinking back on track.

It just seems like the same old "diet" cycle again.

I have been trying to get in 10,000 steps a day on my pedometer but only accomplishing that around 2 days a week.

Somebody please kick my butt!

Turn it south toward Texas and I'll give it a kick. I don't know about you but I am a self pay and when I think of throwing all that money away I stay good. I just got off the phone with my beautician who had this done in January and is really down because of not loosing. I tried to give her a pep talk and hope she takes it to heart. As far as the scales go, if you weigh on the same scales and they continuely go down thats what counts. My scales is 5 #s lighter than the docs but when it goes down I know the docs will be going down too., I had my second fill yesterday and have felt fuller this morning than I have for a long time. When head hunger hits either drink fluids, Protein, or go do something that is not in the same area of the food. If possible get outside and walk or in my case pull weeds out of the flower bed. Good luck and I hope you get the head hunger under control.

Mary

These are my favorites! I love to give a good butt kicking!

Don't be that mom who cleans her childrens' plates by eating their leftovers. (Was that icy enough?)

Are you tracking your food? Do you know that grazing is the number one way to defeat your band? Sugar isn't going to kill you, there is room for it with the band, but you need to know just how much you're putting in your mouth. Track your food. You're hungry because you're grazing and not filling your pouch...or because you're not drinking enough.

Are you exercising? Aside form the pedometer what else are you doing?

What about drinking? Can you do some self-reinforcement, where you won't allow yourself to eat unless you drink so much Water?

You need to work with the tool that's inside your body. I mean your brain! Sure we don't want to have to think about this ,"ALL OF THE TIME" but it is way too soon to go on auto pilot and you are making some poor choices. So put the band rules back on the front burner and start working it.

Butt kicking over.

Much love,

Has anyone else have this problem, as you lose weight the fat on you thighs and arms looks like its sliding down my legs and arms. I'm trying to do some arm excerises and peddle on the stationary bike peddles. I have both knee and hip problems so I'm limited some, but hoping it will get better with weight lost.

How is everyone doing? WOW...May is almost over and summertime is fast approaching. Juli, I will get our June thread started, but I haven't really thought about challenges. Exercise is pretty much standard. Everyone should challenge themselves a little further than they did this month. I was doing 30min exercise sessions, but I will bump it up to 40min next month. I struggled with the crunches this month and didn't meet my goal, but I will not give up so I will be doing the crunch challenge again. I think everyone doing their own personal challenge is better. Ask yourself...What am I struggling with? It could be Protein intake, Water intake, jogging, running, weight training, etc. Whatever challenge you choose, be sure to put it in your signature so we all can follow along. I think most of us like the name Marchies so I guess we'll stick with Marchies in June, but if anyone has any other creative thread titles to share, please do!

MARCHIES ROCK!!!!! :rockon:

OMG Ladies and Gentleman, we have RESTRICTION!!!

I had my third fill today and my first and second slime/PB on water! I am freaking out a bit. I really thought they would take a bit out but they said because the barium swallow showed everything went right through I should be OK. They told me to go down to the cafeteria and try some Soup and then come back to the office. Well, no problems with the Soup.

Now, hours later its taking forever to get through a bottle of Water. Be careful what you wish for ... you might get it! 3.5 in 4cc band woohoo!

On the Cheetos addiction... baked Cheetos in the 100 calorie pack keep me sane.

Once again thanks to all the Marchies!

Self pay 3.30.07

The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Dr Spivak

310/283/210

I am 3 for 3 days exercising at the gym I joined on Sunday---and it is kicking my butt!

What is everyone doing for exercising? Bikes? Water Aerobics?:clap2:

I looking for exercise that will help the big leg syndrome---does anyone have any ideas?

Denise ;)

I love my Marchie Friends!

Denise

three for three is fantastic! You're a real gym rat now!

To answer what a person does for exercise this is my routine.

Monday through Friday I do cardio 30 minutes three times a week. The other two days a week I do 60 minutes of cardio. Most of the time it's on a eliptical trainer, sometimes I do the recumbant bike or the treadmill.

The same for weight training. Three days a week I do about 30 minutes and two days a week I do a full hour to an hour and a half of strength training.

(We have a rocking fitness center where I work, very close to the my office so I go everyday.)

On the weekends I go for a bike ride or to the pool on one day and I do nothing on the other day.

I have some muscles getting stronger under all this fat!

How about the rest of yous guys???

Hi all,

I was banded on the 21st March 2007 and just had my second fill Tuesday gone. I'm from Australia. Nice to meet you all. Take care and happy weight losing...

Cheers,

Hi Folks,

I Was Banded 3/20 And Have Only Lost 24 Pounds. However, I Quit Smoking On May 5th And Have Not Had A Fill. I Am Scheduled To Get A Fill On June 5th So I Am Praying I Can Get Some Restriction As I Am Hungry. I Am Not Being A Great Calorie Counter But Am Not Eating Near What I Used To Eat.

I Started At 258 And Now Weight 234. However, I Do Feel My Clothes Have Gotten Looser. I Am Down Nearly 2 Sizes. So I Feel Good About A Lot Of Things But Kinda Anxious About The Hunger.

Hi Tranam1955! Welcome to you too!<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_482744", true); </SCRIPT>

I NEED SOME SIMPLE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE A TICKER!!!<p>NSV???</p> <p> </p> <p>MORNING YALL</p> <p> </p> <p>I WENT TO ASHLEY STEWART YESTERDAY AND JUST PICKED UP A SIZE 18 SHIRT I WENT IN 10MIN BEFORE THE STORE CLOSED SO I WAS IN A HURRY!!!! DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING IN ON JUST ASSUMED IT WOULD FIT!! </p> <p> </p> <p>SO I WENT TO TARGET AND TRIED ON A DRESS SIZE 16/18 </p> <p> </p> <p>!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOA NELLY!!!! </p> <p> </p> <p>IT WAS LOOSE AS A NAKED GOOSE!!! </p> <p> </p> <p>I TOOK IT OFF LOOKED AT THE TAG SIZE AND PUT IT BACK ON I COULDNT BELEIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>!!!!!!!!I LOOKED PRETTY GREAT WITHOUT A GIRDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>I WENT TO THE DOLLAR STORE STEPPED ON A scale THEY HAD IT READ 230!!! </p> <p> </p> <p>I DIDNT GET TO EXCITED I ONLY TRUST THE DOCTORS SCALE!</p> <p> </p> <p>I GOT HOME PUT ON THE SHIRT AND GOT PISSED CAUSE IT WAS TOO BIG, BUT I HAVE IT ON NOW AND I PUT A WIDE BELT ON WITH IT AND NOW IT LOOKS PERFECT!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>GOODBYE SIZE 18/20 TOPS HELLO 16'S</p> <p></p>