Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

I'VE BEEN EXTRA AGGRAVATED FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS NOT SURE WHY BUT I HAVE....confused.gif

I WENT TO SEE MY GYNO FOR REGULAR CHECK UP!!

SHE DIDNT KNOW WHO I WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT ON THE scale AND IT READ 245......grin.gif JUST LAST WEDNESDAY I WAS 248!!!

MY TOTAL LOSS IS 29 POUNDS IN 11 WEEKS!!!wink.gif

I'M VERY PROUD OF ME!! silly.gif THAT IS 29 POUNDS I WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Congrats ThickChick!!! You should be very proud! I hope you are feeling better soon. Treat yourself this weekend...do a little pampering or buy yourself something you've been wanting. You deserve it and it may help you feel a little better. :)

I have gotten so bored with food lately that I switched back to liquids yesterday. It was either that or have a feast on any and everything! I just got soooo tired of trying to figure out what to eat! meat, veggies, meat, veggies....UGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I don't do alot of cooking anymore...What for??? So, I can enjoy a 1/2 cup of it?!?! My kids aren't big eaters so most of it is wasted and ends up in the garbage. It is so hard trying to fix meals that go along with the band rules without boring the family so I just don't anymore! What kinds of meals are you guys preparing??? :help:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!the scale is in the 60's today!!!!!!!!One set of tens at a time.

I know what you mean about bored with food. It is only my hubby and I so I don't need to do a lot of cooking. I tend to grab something on the way home. Weekends are a bit more fun when we are together with our Girls and ther hubbies ( the guys like a good BBQ) so it feels more worthwhile to cook a great meal, since I will only be eating such a small bit.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!the scale is in the 60's today!!!!!!!!One set of tens at a time.

I know what you mean about bored with food. It is only my hubby and I so I don't need to do a lot of cooking. I tend to grab something on the way home. Weekends are a bit more fun when we are together with our Girls and ther hubbies ( the guys like a good BBQ) so it feels more worthwhile to cook a great meal, since I will only be eating such a small bit.

WAY TO GO ROSI!!!! :) It feels so good to see those number changing!!! I am looking forward to the BBQ's this weekend. I know potato salad doesn't go along with band rules, but I can't wait to have some (a little won't hurt) and I have my low cal BBQ Sauce all ready!!! :hungry:

Talking about being bored. I've gone pickle and olive crazy. I want a mouth full of flavor.

My breakfasts are the same always Fage fat free yogurt with either berries or granola.

lunch is typically fish or chicken. I think I'm growing gills I've eaten so much fish. I'm really trying to get into the fruits of the season.

Yesterday I had a Laura's Lean Beef patty with a cut up Tomato for dinner.

Nothing exciting, but it is what I'm eating.

Have a good weekend, and enjoy that potato salad! It's not about feeling guilty about how we eat. It's about being mindful and educated to what we are putting in our mouths. So here's to a weekend of fun and family and enjoying good food.

Love to you all

Juli

I'm on the mend. A couple of days ago my appetite returned! While this is a good thing, I've done some bad things. Too much chocolate, and not keeping track of stuff. Bad me.

My hormones are also going crazy. My last two periods came early. The last one was longer than usual and heavier. Ugh. And now I'm spotting between periods. Never had that happen before. So I was thinking that maybe with all my weightloss that means I can go to a lower estrogen dosage (I'm on the nuvaring and can't take oral birth control because I take provigil). So I called gyno. She told me I was an unusual patient because most patients could take oral birth control. I realised this was just her venting, so I let her vent. Now I am on half of my estrogen dosage and going to try that for a month or two and see how that goes. If it isn't enough it will catch up to me eventually, but if it is enough than thats great!

I've been doing some laundry. OUr dryer is dying on us. It decides it is finished every five minutes. Very frustratiing. The washer has been declining for a while now, but we thought we would get a couple more years out of it. With the dryer acting up though we will probably just get a front loader and matching dryer in the sales sometime soon. Its not worth the cost to repair the current machines.

I also suspect I might need a fill soon. I think I am getting looser. I seem to be able to eat more and am hungrier. I'll see how I feel over the weekend and then call tuesday if I do need one. With my hormones being wacky and sleep schedule is kind of off this week too, so it can be hard to tell (I'm tigher in the AM usually).

I got a couple of skirts online in a smaller size. Skirts are good and these have drawstrings in addition to elastic waists so they will last a while. My denin skirt won't stay up anymore, it doesn't ahve belt loops! I need to take it in if I want to wear it anymroe. My blouses are all big on me too. It is sort of funny, I feel like those things are getting bigger when in fact I am really shrinking.

Thanks for the info, I'm niw to this site. You look great, after seeing your picture, I'm going to try harder....... Keep it up.

Thanks again

Wallygirl

Hi , I usually eat Lean Cusine for lunch, mind you only some are band freindly and I am finding out the hard way which ones aren't. For dinner, I cook a piece of fish. Weekends are harder cause I want to snack all day. I am not having as much sucess as you all. I am getting a fill on Wednesday the 30th of May. Hopefully it will stop the hunger.

Banded 03-27-07

TammyJ, I have 2 teen boys and a thin hubby who eat large quantities of food. I normally cook them things like spaghetti (I put the sauce on spaghetti squash), tacos (i make a taco salad), steak (i have seafood instead), grilled or baked chicken. I alway make a veggie and have some of whatever meat I make for them. I've been making lots of casseroles lately for some reason. They seem to go down a little too good - thus the overeating. I notice there are a lot more leftovers now (since I'm not cleaning them up), so I'm only cooking about 3-4 dinners/week. I'm down a pound again, so maybe I'm not doing as bad as I think I am. The excercise is helping. I decided to wait for the fill, until my loss completely stops for a couple of weeks.

TCT - You should be very proud of your accomplishment! There are lots of emotional aspects that go along with weight loss. I've been exploring those with a book called "Taming of the Chew." We're going through a major life transition and it does take things out of us emotionally and physically.

Lori - You're shrinking! I noticed my hips are shrinking fast too, but my waist - not so fast. What's the deal with that I wonder?

Glad you are feeling better Kyethra!

Hazel & Medge - I too am enjoying amazing "relations" with hubby :biggrin1: ....Now if our boys would get out of the house once in a while and stop hanging around with their friends all the time - maybe we could enjoy quantity with quality! Oh well - at least they're not out getting in trouble.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Ok, I just got my first fill and I still feel ravenous. I can consume my "normal" portions again and that makes me nervous. Granted, it has only been 4 days, but still... I'm starting to gain a little weight back and I need to get my ass back in gear. ARG!!!!!!!

Ok, I just got my first fill and I still feel ravenous. I can consume my "normal" portions again and that makes me nervous. Granted, it has only been 4 days, but still... I'm starting to gain a little weight back and I need to get my ass back in gear. ARG!!!!!!!

Yeah, me, too. I had my first fill almost two weeks ago and NADA, NOTHING, ZIP! I will get my second fill on Wednesday and am hopeful for that but the first was a bust. I have to remember that the first was an important step to eventual success and not success in and of itself. Good luck! We have to believe it will evenually work, right!?

Hi Marchies

I'm excited to share. I've been on a plateau for the last 10 days. I think the first part of it was a natural, stop losing for a minute and the second half was Water retention due to the TOM. Any it's all better now. This morning I dropped 3 pounds. That's 34 pounds since surgery and 57 since I committed to eating better and exercising at the first of the year.

June 8th is my 3 month anniversary and I thought a 10-12 pounds per month goal was a stretch. Seems like maybe it's just fine!

Anyway, I was getting frustrated with the scale but I kept the faith...eat well and exercise and eventually the scale DID move. Whew.

Juli

Hi Marchies

I'm excited to share. I've been on a plateau for the last 10 days. I think the first part of it was a natural, stop losing for a minute and the second half was Water retention due to the TOM.

June 8th is my 3 month anniversary and I thought a 10-12 pounds per month goal was a stretch. Seems like maybe it's just fine!

Anyway, I was getting frustrated with the scale but I kept the faith...eat well and exercise and eventually the scale DID move. Whew./quote]

I had a couple weeks where I was hanging at the same weight and then whoosh...all of a sudden a big loss. My "official" weigh in day is tomorrow but according to my scale at home 317 - that is 67 pounds!!!

I had a very testing weekend. It was a very good weekend but it sure tested my will power. My son got married and between preparing food for the rehersal dinner, the dinner itself and the dinner after the wedding there was temptation everywhere. I ate a small amount of potatoe salad because I made it and needed to be sure it tasted right and didn't need anything. At the dinner I ate brisket with no BBQ Sauce or bread, a spoon of baked Beans and a spoon of potatoe salad and too much champaine. At the dinner after the wedding I ate turkey breast, veggies with dip, cheese ball, 3 Ritz crackers, fruit and too much champaine again. I will admit I had about 3 very small bites of cake. I have a lot of cake here at the house and need to get it frozen but the freezer is full. Hope the kids in day care like it. I did pass up a lot of chips, crackers , cake, tons of cheese ball and crackers which I love. This morning I weighed the same as the first of the week. I do have a question, can I just drink my Protein and fill up on fresh veggies because I have so many and hate to waste them. I live alone so no one here to eat them but me and I know veggies are really good for you. I guess I can make a chicken Soup with all the veggies in it. I'm just rattling so will close up for now. Thanks for letting me talk on and on and on.

Hi Marchies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I had my second fill last Wed. Now have 7cc in a 10cc midband.I can feel a lot of restriction now. Had my first PB. Oh My ......... not much fun, but at least I know what to expect now. I was surprised that it was with scambled eggs, But I did have some melted cheese on them.?? Who knew I still had to chew the daylight out of them...now I know. I feel this is one of the hardest things to get use to , is to be mindful of what you are eating. I am so busy multi tasking that I soone forget that I am eating and it has come to my attention with a little discomfort but now that I have had a PB I'm hoping this will help.

Anyone else finding this a challenge to concentrate on eating?

Hoping the scale will start moving again now that I have more restriction,but now its that TOM, who knows...

Have a great week.

LLSibley: way to go with the will power and congrats on your sons

Wedding, they sure can be a stressful time.