Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Thanks Mary for the encouraging post. I have been feeling about the same way. I was banded 15/03 and am able to eat just about anything at this time, I have had 1 fill and don't get my second one till May 23. I am hoping there will be more restriction then. Today after having a Mothers Day Brunch and my Daughters noticed how much I was able to eat, I felt really bad and began thinking that this is something I have wasted my money on again, trying to lose weight. The scale hasn't moved in a few weeks. I though I would be losing it faster. Sorry about the griping , (having a bad day I guess)Just looking forward to having the restriction I read about and to knowing that I did the right thing after all. Thanks for listening .

Bev

Rosi

Sounds like you need a fill and a little kindness for yourself.

Don't think one or two plates of food makes a failure. Once you get the restriction you need the weight will move. In the mean time make sure you're drinking Water and moving as much as possible.

Mary-

Sounds like you've found the coveted sweet spot!

Congrats on the new size. That's a great feeling!

OH Juli

Oh Juli

Thanks for the pep talk. You know us dieters we want the weight off NOW!!! Do need a fill I guess I'm not very patient.

I have not been getting my Water in, something I realy need to work at.

Today is a new day. Thanks

Hi all. Well I haven't weighed myself latley, will probably do so tomorrow. I also haven't been keeping track of calories the past few days because I wanted to focus more on eating and getting food and stuff in me and just resting and healing. But I am starting to feel better! I don't think that counts as a NSV since it isn't really related to weight loss directly, but I'm sure happy about it. A couple of days ago I had some chopped beef brisquet for dinner. It was yummy. Then when DH was eyeing my left overs (I always have plenty these days) I told him not to touch them cause that was going to be dinner for the next day. So he started mumbling about how he needs to start ordering more so he will have left overs too.

The past couple of days I've been on a cold Cereal kick for some reason. It just sounded really good. So I ate some cap n crunch. Then I remembered I had some healthier stuff like grape nuts and kashi. And cold cereal goes down well! I can eat a whole bowl of that stuff. I was surprised because once I wasn't even full after eating a bowl. Shocked is more like it. So I was thinking to myself that maybe I was starting to lose some of my restriction since it seemed like I was eating more of stuff. Then today for lunch I decided to have a burger- a fastfood one since DH picked one up (he worked from home yesterday so he gets to be a bum today I guess). I got a angus burger for burger king, with cheese, but no mayo. Took the top bun off because all that bread is just too filling. So I ate half the burger (no fries- I don't have room for fries!) and then massive PB, evil golfball feeling. Even half a burger with just half a bun was too much I guess. So I suppose my restriction is still pretty good. Cold cereal and stuff like that just slide on down apparently! So I guess I should stick to my oatmeal-- that stuff is sticky.

Eitherway right now I am not that concerned about gaining a few pounds. I know that sounds strange and I don't want to gain weight in general, but I feel that I need to focus on just healing now and getting better and making sure I eat. (sometimes its easier to not eat esp if I wait too long and then I feel nauseated and won't want too, etc) Then once I feel stronger and so forth I get back in the saddle, so to speak and refocus on the specifics of the foods and calories. I'd just been feeling so very tired rundown sick plus I feel like I've had great weight loss so right now the numbers aren't my focus.

I am sorting through some old clothes I have though- keep, give away, throw out. The keep clothes I am then going to sort by size so when I do go down a size I can just go to the right pile instead of having to sort through all of them. My size 22 jeans are just too big on me! I can take them off without unfastening them! That is a good NSV I think.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Keep up the good work!

Oh Juli

Thanks for the pep talk. You know us dieters we want the weight off NOW!!! Do need a fill I guess I'm not very patient.

I have not been getting my Water in, something I realy need to work at.

Today is a new day. Thanks

"Dieters" who you calling a dieter?!? :teeth:

I'd like to think of my self as a "life-changer" OR "healthy eater". :eek:

No, really I'm with you, I want the weight off right this very minute! I'm crazy in that I know I've lost weight...every indicator out there is pointing in that direction, but I feel as big as I ever was. I guess that gives me something to talk to the ol' therapist about, huh?

Woooooohooooooo! I had my first fill today (banded March 19). It was SO easy--about 3 seconds of sting for the numbing medicine and then a bit of poking that I couldn't really feel, other than the pressure. The nurse doing the fill said she needed to get another needle because sometimes there is a little something that gets in the needle and stops it up so she did that and the second one worked fine and it was over in a minute or two. I got .7cc. She said usually they do 1 cc but, since I am not hungry for several hours after eating still, I probably am not totally unrestricted right now because of the post-surgery swelling. However, I have been able to eat 2 c. of food including steak, bread, rice, etc. without any problem at all so I have to wonder if I'm restricted at all. But today it's liquids and tomorrow mushies and then maybe I'll have a sense of restriction when I start real food again on Wednesday. I sure hope so but, honestly, I'm not very optimistic--based on what others on here have said after their first fill. But I'm on my way to the sweet spot and I'm excited.

I got my first fill last Monday and it took a few days for it to "kick in" before I really felt a bit of difference. 1cc may not last too long at the rate I have been dropping weight, but by Saturday, I felt like I had a full turkey dinner just from eating a turkey sandwich. And that was with just two ounces of turkey on lite wheat bread!

It's noon on Tuesday and no one is posting? Where are all the Marchies???

I'm heading out to exercise her in a few minutes but my eating today is off the hook! I need to spend extra time on the elyptical trainer!

Tammyj, Yenken, Tia, Sue, many others.....what's going on?

OH Juli

Hello Marchies!

So, had my first fill this afternoon and it was much easier than I thought!

I had my 5 & 8 year old boys with me and Dr. Boutt let them watch. It was so cool. Of course, one blink and they'd miss it, but they thought it was awesome!

I went conservative for my first fill. The nurse shows a chart and you're to show where you think you are in relationship to the scale they have. I decided I was happy with my 17lb weight loss, the ability to eat without pain or puking and overall felt good. The negative I chose was that I think I still eat too much at one sitting occasionally and that I don't really "feel" restricted.

Dr. Boutt and I decided to still get a fill (I was thinking .5cc, he went with 1cc - I guess I'm more conservative than he is!) I tend to over-think things and knew I'd drive myself nuts playing the "what if" game.

He said I probably won't have great restriction but it should help curb portion size a bit more. Sounds good to me. I'm a slow and steady kinda girl with this.

I also told him I don't ever want to be so restricted that I can't eat and enjoy life! He thanked me. Guess I'm the opposite of what his usual requests are.

Anyway, it was a good thing today!

I'm enjoying a hot cuppa coffee for dinner!:youcandothis::hungry:

It got up into the low 80's here today, but somehow, I got in a one hour workout! A two-mile walk in 30 minutes and then strength training for another 30. I guess time flew while I was having fun.

One thing nice about warm weather is that I am less inclined to eat, which I think is what may have caused me to have a doozy of a headache yesterday. I made sure to at least have a small snack today, and no more headache. Of course my blood sugar yesterday being only 68 didn't help matters any either. Good thing I had some Slim Fast snack bars around....and I'm having a bowl of Kashi right now to tide me over until Breakfast tomorrow. Lesson learned.

The good part of all this? Being able to use a "normal" scale and tape measure again..and sitting in chairs with ARMS!

I called my doc again to DEMAND a fill. During my last visit my PA said that I shouldn't get one unless I felt like I was eating like I was before. Well I told them that I was and they said I had to wait.:help:

I feel like I am being a rebelious child:mad2: just to prove that I need a fill, but I realized "Who the heck am I rebelling against?" myself? The doc doesn't need to live with my butt!

So. . . yesterday I walked a mile and a half around the high school track! YAY for me! I felt sooo much better about myself!:clap2:

Today I began a food log so that I can really keep track of my calories and not just eyeball it.

I STILL can't have my fill until the beginning of June but I determined behave and keep reminding myself that I am doing this for a healthier ME!!!;)

I had my first fill on May 11, after being banded March 28. I am so glad; I had not lost weight in several weeks. Now I can definitely feel the restriction, and combined with going to the gym, I have a new found sense of hope!!

Hang in there for the folks who have not yet had their fill! ;)

I called my doc again to DEMAND a fill. During my last visit my PA said that I shouldn't get one unless I felt like I was eating like I was before. Well I told them that I was and they said I had to wait.:help:

I feel like I am being a rebelious child:mad2: just to prove that I need a fill, but I realized "Who the heck am I rebelling against?" myself? The doc doesn't need to live with my butt!

So. . . yesterday I walked a mile and a half around the high school track! YAY for me! I felt sooo much better about myself!:clap2:

Today I began a food log so that I can really keep track of my calories and not just eyeball it.

I STILL can't have my fill until the beginning of June but I determined behave and keep reminding myself that I am doing this for a healthier ME!!!;)

Oh, I know what you mean. It was an epiphany for me when I realized The Person I needed to be accountable to was myself. That happened at the same time I ran out of excuses for not doing something to get healither while waiting for surgery.

OH Juli

Good Sleepy Morning!!!!!

Not able to get much sleep lately not sure why!!!!

So I got a kitty from my co-worker and her name is GOYA she is about 4 weeks old. She is full of energy!

My kids are awesome my son had a bad dream about coyote's *did I spell it right" I thought it was funny I told him to cut the t.v. off and he didnt so BAM nitemares about wild dogs!!!

My daughter is beautiful blooming into a little lady!!

Here is a updated picture of my progress

Image of Tia 274 Day after surgery!! - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting MARCH 5 2007!!DAY AFTER SURGERY!!!! 274 weight

Image of Tia May 15 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting MAY 15, 2007 Not sure what my current weight is!!!

Image of Jan 07 at work chubby face! - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My face December 2006!!

Image of Tia Sad-Day May 15 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My face May 15 2007 PMS'ing

I so ready to be off my period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!