Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Hey Everybody!!! Glad to hear most are doing ok.I have had only one fill (5CC) and some times I can eat just about anything and then the next time hardly anything. The band is a finicky thing. Late evening I wish it would be tighter because I am is able to have my favorite snack of (too Much) popcorn. Haven't had a PB yet( knock on wood) but I have had the foaming at the mouth, usually when I eat too fast or don't chew very well. That sure is an eye opener. i haven't been able to get into exercising as of yet, but have tried to be out in the garden a bit more.Would really like to get into swimming but haven't had the time or energy. Yesterday I felt really light headed and dizzy, even though I had eaten, what I usually eat in a day at work. Anyone else have this or know what might have caused it?

Hi Trina,

I can relate with you regarding the water...I don't like crystalite so what I tried doing tonight was putting just a touch of orange juice in my Water and it was good.

I am also having problems having real bowel movements, I've had the runs since my surgery...yuck!!!!

Hope yr feeling better.

Hi everyone,

I've been sick with bronchitis for the past 5 weeks and had to deal with some family issues...fortunately I have lost 29lbs. Started out at 307lbs and down to 279. I went from size 3X to size 22-24 (tops & bottoms)

I had my 1st fill the last Friday in April, I believe I need another one but I have to say I'm really proud of myself, I haven't had one piece of bread since my surgery in March, or any sugar for that matter other than s/f ice pops. The Water and Protein Drinks really help. My only problem is I haven't really exercised. My birthday was May 3rd and my friend gave me a walking exercise DVD which I plan on starting tomorrow.

I'm leaving for Las Vegas next week for 2 weeks to see my son and possibly moving there. Anyone from Vegas out there?

I need to change my signature and don't have the vaguest idea how to do it, can someone help???

Anyway, I was thinking we should total all the pounds we have lost for those banded in March 2007...I would be curious to see how much we have all lost.

Hope all are doing good and getting rid of all these extra lbs.

Juli-My scale MOVED! I lost the pound I gained, plus one! I burned 1584 cals exercising these past 3 days, and I've been doing the eating/drinking Protein more regularly and before and after my workouts - great advice! I actually do have 1cc in my band. I would be proud if I could lose 49 lbs with no fill - that is awsome willpower - great job!

Josiebies-I had not been doing well with my Water. I've been working at getting 6 glasses in the past couple of days - should be at least 8 though. It is wonderful to know we have a tool to keep us from gaining it all back - that has always been my problem and biggest fear. My faith has been renewed!

TammyJ - 6 lbs is amazing! Your fanny doesn't need an extender anymore - too cool! I think you should Celebrate by burning your extender - or flushing it - or sling shotting it into a bottomless pit.

Momlambert - I don't know how you do it. You are an amazing woman! Make sure you take time for you!

Sandy - I'm sorry your port is flipped. Hang in there - you are doing well without the fill!

TCTX- I've heard from other people that bands hate breading. My band likes it ok still - wish it didn't though. What flav of Isopure do you like? I have a don't like the aftertaste of the ones I've tried.

AfrykanV-Salsa dancing sounds like a blast. I love my yoga - it really does something for me mentally as well as physically.

Hazelbunny - How's your fill?

Rosi - Have you checked your blood pressure? I take bp pills and have had to really cut back due to lightheadedness caused by low blood pressure. I hope to be off them soon! ps. gardening = exercise (that's hard work).

Have a lovely evening everyone!

I need to change my signature and don't have the vaguest idea how to do it, can someone help???

Anyway, I was thinking we should total all the pounds we have lost for those banded in March 2007...I would be curious to see how much we have all lost.

Hope all are doing good and getting rid of all these extra lbs.

To change your signature, go to the top of this page and in the blue heading with white letters look for "UserCP"--when that takes you to the next page, choose "signature" or whatever it says (maybe "change your signature" or something like that). Click that and then you will get two boxes--one showing your current signature and the one below it showing it again but you can change that one. Then go down to the bottom and click on "save changes." Voila!

I agree that it would be fun to total the loss for Marchies. I'd be pulling the average down but that's the way it goes. At least I'm losing! Good luck on your trip and your big decisions! Relocating is always hard.

My fill is great!! My first fill was 1.5 CC's and I only had .2 CC's left - the rest had evaporated. So this time they put in omnipaque and I can really tell the difference. I feel like I did right after surgery.

its great to see how busy everyone is! I finally finished up the semester. I'm just exhausted. This getting my gall bladder removed has been hard on me. Some days are better than others. I'm just focusing on resting now and trying to be healthy--I'm losing weight at what seems to be a good rate, so I'm not worried about that (Its stopped comming off at the rate where it was worrying me).

It hit in the 80s today and I ran the central A/C for the first time this year. I went out to walk and then stopped at Subway for dinner, where I had a veggie sub on wheat bread and some bottled Water. Of course, I ended up bringing part of it home...imagine that. It will likely be tomorrow's lunch.< /p>

Anyway, I got this uncomfortable feeling not long after I ate, like I was bloated or something. I had to look around for a remote spot where no one would be around, then let go this humongous belch like a truck driver after a large meal. Must have been all the veggies. Yikes. Thank goodness no one was around because it even startled ME.;)

My fill is great!! My first fill was 1.5 CC's and I only had .2 CC's left - the rest had evaporated. So this time they put in omnipaque and I can really tell the difference. I feel like I did right after surgery.

What is omnipaque??

LoriPA- Your berp story is pretty funny. At least you were alone!

Kyethra-What are you in school for? I'm also in school full-time, working on a BS/MBA program. I work full-time too. Busy busy. I'm glad you're able to rest up a bit right now. Are you going to take summer classes?

Momlambert-A loss is a loss, and you'd not ruin the average. We're a team here and everyone's progress is important.

Sophie-Babe, you dug a little deeper and got a pay off. That's how it works. You go! "Supah Stah!"

Rosi-The foaming thing is freaky, no? As for exercise teeny tiny steps in the right direction will get you there too. Adding time to the garden is absolutely a positive step. (If I could I'd exercise for you if you did my yard work for me. I loathe with every Fiber of my being working in the yard. If there was such a thing as an ANTI Gardener, that would be me.)

Peace everyone,

OH Juli

I went in for my 1st fill yesterday! NOT! Apparently my port has tilted.

Yep. My port is tilted also but after a lot of pushing on my stomach and help from the needle (ouch) the PA was able to get in 1.3 cc.

Hey Sue!

My losing weight slowed down to less than a snails pace. I need another fill. It seems that right after my first fill whammo I lost almost 5# overnight. My signature does not show the yo-yo game the scale plays on me daily.

My work season just began about 3 weeks ago, so getting on here is a challenge. I am a party event coordinator and own a rental company soooooo the season is upon us. As you can imagine (just like the show bridezilla) I am in the midst of total chaos.

I go for another fill in 2 weeks so I expect to be happy with a significant weight loss within 3 weeks.

gail anne told me you were asking how I was doing. "thank you"

I will try to get on more often because I think it keeps me walking the straight line.

What is omnipaque??

Here is how it was described to me - if you fill a baloon with air it will gradually seep out - same thing with the saline in the band. If you fill a baloon with Water it will stay in - same thing with omnipaque - it is a thicker solution.

Not everyone needs it - only those who have problems with losing saline.

WARNING THIS ENTRY WILL BE GROSS!!!!!

SO IM ON MY WAY TO GET DINNER!!!!!

I STOP TO GET THE KIDS SOME juice AT TEXACO/SUBWAY!!!

I SMELL THE BREAD!!!!!!

I ORDERED A 6 IN TURKEY LITE SANDWICH ON WHEAT!!! MISTAKE!!!

GOT HOME!

SO I TOOK 2 BITES AND 3.1 SECOND LATER MY MOUTH GOT WATERY MY HEAD STARTING SPINNING!!!

AND BAM!!!!! THE PB'ing STARTING I FELT LIKE A OCEAN WAS COMING OUT MY MOUTH! I RAN TO RESTROOM! AND COUGHED ONCE AND BEHOLD THE 2 BITES I TOOK WRAPPED IN A HUGE BALL OF SLIME!!!

AFTER I THREW IT UP, I STARED AT IT AND CRIED LIKE BABY!

AND I QUESTIONED WHY I HAD THIS SURGERY!!!! I WAS ON MY WAY TO CALL MY DOCTOR TO GET IT TAKEN OUT!

I SAT ON MY BATHROOM FLOOR REALIZED THAT I NEED TO REALLY MOP THIS WEEKEND AND I CALMED MYSELF DOWN.....AND I SAID TO MYSELF THAT I CANT GIVE UP I WONT GIVE UP ...I JUST KNOW THAT MY BAND JUST HATES BREAD!!!!

SO I HAVE COMPLETELY CUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH bread

PRAY FOR ME YA'LL IM STILL A LITTLE SHAKEN UP, KIND OF SCARED TO GO TO ANY RESTURANTS FOR FEAR OF THROWING UP SLIME AND ETC.

I HOPE YA'LL NEVER HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS!! I LOVE YA'LL WITH MY WHOLE HEART!!

Tia

I'm SO sorry!

You did well to sit and think it through. I know a light turkey sub would have been a fantastic choice on another diet, but this is different. The rules have changed.

I too PBed with lunch meat and a tortilla. Sandwiches and other things we bite, bananas, fruit etc are hard because we tend to bite big. Then add to it, the squishy bread factor or the apple peels that don't break down enough and BAM.

So think it through, get a piece of paper out and plan your meals with no bread, breading, starches etc. There's plenty of food out there you can eat and enjoy.

You'll be blessed with a huge loss for all your efforts. I promise.