Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Today I am in size 18 jeans (was 22) so very happy about that. Also as of this morning, I'm 196. So I lost 3 lbs and don't know how I did it. I do believe that I am feeling some restriction and am not eating as much as before. Before I was like 1 1/2 cups a food, now about 1 cup per meal. My exercise hasn't increased and I did have 2 days last week where I didn't eat right. I have an appt for a fill for tomorrow and don't know if I should do it. After I eat I stay full for up to 3 hours if not longer and since I lost the 3 lbs this week, I don't know what to do. Thank goodness I have my support group tonight and I hope the the nurse will be there to ask. Could the "restriction" I feel be that my TOM is coming? Before banding, the two weeks before I didn't feel hungery and wouldn't eat as much. What would you do?

First thing, Congratulations on the NSV and the weight loss!!! :( I didn't feel tighter around TOM, but I have heard of others who do. Maybe wait a week until after TOM to see if the restriction goes away. It probably will if you didn't have it before.

I really need a kick in the butt. I've had a week of not following bandster rules. What is it with exercise that makes me eat junk? I do get hungrier when exercising regularly, and I've been eating too much.....and Cookies, ice cream, and chips have made their way back to my diet...ugh! I ate a whole hamburger last night. Then was hungry a couple hours later. My tummy has never really revolted with this eating, but it is a little sore in the mornings. I hope I'm not stretching my pouch all out. Is it head hunger? or am I really hungry???? Anyway, to turn this around, I've just had Protein Drinks today. Of course I'm really hungry now, and hope I can control myself this evening. This seems all too familiar....(as in pre-band diet attempts). I took a break from doing my food diary in Sparkpeople for the past week, and look what happened. I haven't lost recently, and now I'm scared I'm going to gain it all back!!

Denise, Tammy and TCTX-

You all are great. Tammy- Thanks for the outrage on my behalf. Trust me I've been outraged too...but it is what it is and who knows, it might be for the best.

I'm really going to monitor just how hungry I am and the amount of food I am eating so to really know what's working here, me or the damn band.

There is restriction simply due to the band. I've PBed....we'll see. I know there are a few people who have lost over 100 with out a fill. I don't see that being me, but alas, we can't tell the future can we?

Enough about that.

Denise-I love your little picture. We could be sisters. I know my little pic isn't that flattering but our hair and glasses, when I wear them, are similar. As are our stats. And you are rocking with the weight loss.

I really need a kick in the butt. I've had a week of not following bandster rules. What is it with exercise that makes me eat junk? I do get hungrier when exercising regularly, and I've been eating too much.....and Cookies, ice cream, and chips have made their way back to my diet...ugh! I ate a whole hamburger last night. Then was hungry a couple hours later. My tummy has never really revolted with this eating, but it is a little sore in the mornings. I hope I'm not stretching my pouch all out. Is it head hunger? or am I really hungry???? Anyway, to turn this around, I've just had Protein drinks today. Of course I'm really hungry now, and hope I can control myself this evening. This seems all too familiar....(as in pre-band diet attempts). I took a break from doing my food diary in Sparkpeople for the past week, and look what happened. I haven't lost recently, and now I'm scared I'm going to gain it all back!!

Okay, so I'm going to kick your butt. You asked for it.

Write down all the food you ate yesterday in Sparkpeople so you can go oi! You'll have a measure of what a really bad day can be.

And yeah you could stretch out your pouch if you eat too much food. So be careful!

Certainly you'll be hungrier if you exercise. Eat more. Eat about an hour before you work out and eat when you are finished working out. But keep it bandster appropriate.

Protein drinks aren't the answer. Eat solid protein and some veggies. Punishing yourself with protein drinks is just going to make you rebel even further. The goal is to lose weight not to torture yourself.

Stop making excuses and keep yourself accountable to yourself about what you are sticking in your mouth and why.

OH -sending positive vibes and encouragment- Juli

I really need a kick in the butt. I've had a week of not following bandster rules. What is it with exercise that makes me eat junk? I do get hungrier when exercising regularly, and I've been eating too much.....and Cookies, ice cream, and chips have made their way back to my diet...ugh! I ate a whole hamburger last night. Then was hungry a couple hours later. My tummy has never really revolted with this eating, but it is a little sore in the mornings. I hope I'm not stretching my pouch all out. Is it head hunger? or am I really hungry???? Anyway, to turn this around, I've just had Protein drinks today. Of course I'm really hungry now, and hope I can control myself this evening. This seems all too familiar....(as in pre-band diet attempts). I took a break from doing my food diary in Sparkpeople for the past week, and look what happened. I haven't lost recently, and now I'm scared I'm going to gain it all back!!

Here's another KICK IN THE BUTT!!! Keep reminding yourself what your goals are. I felt the same way a couple weeks ago. I was on the verge of CRACKING UP!!! :frusty: I had to talk myself out of over indulging on several occasions and I am so glad I didn't, but I sure came close. We will all have those moments of weakness, but we have to stay focused because even with restriction it is still our job to make better food choices. The band is not going to do that for us. Now get your butt back on track!!! :biggrin1:

Denise, Tammy and TCTX-

You all are great. Tammy- Thanks for the outrage on my behalf. Trust me I've been outraged too...but it is what it is and who knows, it might be for the best.

I'm really going to monitor just how hungry I am and the amount of food I am eating so to really know what's working here, me or the damn band.

There is restriction simply due to the band. I've PBed....we'll see. I know there are a few people who have lost over 100 with out a fill. I don't see that being me, but alas, we can't tell the future can we?

Enough about that.

Denise-I love your little picture. We could be sisters. I know my little pic isn't that flattering but our hair and glasses, when I wear them, are similar. As are our stats. And you are rocking with the weight loss.

Hey Juli!

We might be sisters from another mother!! Ha Ha! We might not be blood sisters..but we can be Lap-band sisters!!!!!! I am so glad Tammy started this thread!!!!

Thanks straightening me out Juli & Tammy! I really needed that. Today was a little better. I came home from work and just had a small serving of Boca chicken and potato, then went golfing with DH. It was a really nice night. I will try the eating before/after the workout thing, and I guess I will always need to track my food intake.

I did a comparison of yesterday's food consumption (approx 2300 cals) - which has probably been what I've been eating daily for the past week. I'm surprised I've only gained back 1lb! Today I had 1360 cals - and feel much better. I was thinking of doing the liquids for a while, and eating one meal per day, as I'm affraid I'm stretching my pouch with my overeating. I've got to get a handle on this. I would like to be 180 by the end of July. I have a wedding and DH's 20th reunion in August, and 180 would be the lightest I've been in my adult life. I can not let myself slip back into my old binging patterns and yo-yo dieting. I WILL NOT!

Thanks straightening me out Juli & Tammy! I really needed that. Today was a little better. I came home from work and just had a small serving of Boca chicken and potato, then went golfing with DH. It was a really nice night. I will try the eating before/after the workout thing, and I guess I will always need to track my food intake.

I did a comparison of yesterday's food consumption (approx 2300 cals) - which has probably been what I've been eating daily for the past week. I'm surprised I've only gained back 1lb! Today I had 1360 cals - and feel much better. I was thinking of doing the liquids for a while, and eating one meal per day, as I'm affraid I'm stretching my pouch with my overeating. I've got to get a handle on this. I would like to be 180 by the end of July. I have a wedding and DH's 20th reunion in August, and 180 would be the lightest I've been in my adult life. I can not let myself slip back into my old binging patterns and yo-yo dieting. I WILL NOT!

You said you will probably always have to track your food. I was told by my nutritionist I would have to as well. That didn't sit well with me. But when I looked at it from the point of view, "If I want to be successful and tracking is what I need to do then tracking it is."

I've seen it over and over again in different studies. That is the one thing they say that makes a difference.

good luck

OH Juli

I would like to be 180 by the end of July. I have a wedding and DH's 20th reunion in August, and 180 would be the lightest I've been in my adult life. I can not let myself slip back into my old binging patterns and yo-yo dieting. I WILL NOT!

Keep your eye on the ball, Sophie! You can SO do it--15 lbs. in 11 or so weeks is probably attainable for you but not much room for bad days/weeks. Hang in there and track EVERYTHING--food, Water, exercise. You can do it! We're pulling for you.

<p>SHE'S A Brick Hoooouuuse!!!!</p> <p>SHE'S Mighty, Mighty, Letting It All Hang Out!!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>i'm So Exciting This Morning! Going To Get My 2nd Fill!! </p> <p>my Car Is Running Hot??? But I Made It To Work!!!! Praise God!!</p> <p> </p> <p>i Wonder If I've Lost Any Weight Since I Last Weighed Last Friday! </p> <p> </p> <p>wish Me Luck!!!! </p>

You said you will probably always have to track your food. I was told by my nutritionist I would have to as well. That didn't sit well with me. But when I looked at it from the point of view, "If I want to be successful and tracking is what I need to do then tracking it is."

I've seen it over and over again in different studies. That is the one thing they say that makes a difference.

good luck

OH Juli

That doesn't sit well with me either. Since having good restriction I really don't feel the the need to do it now because I'm barely eating anything. I do watch what I put in my mouth. Lean Protein first, then fruits and veggies...I never even get to the carbs. I know if I hit a plateau or as I get closer to my goal weight, the weight will get harder to come off so I may have to start tracking again. Bummer, but we do what we have to do right?

Keep your eye on the ball, Sophie! You can SO do it--15 lbs. in 11 or so weeks is probably attainable for you but not much room for bad days/weeks. Hang in there and track EVERYTHING--food, Water, exercise. You can do it! We're pulling for you.

How have you been doing Karen? We've missed you around here. We need an update please!!! ;)

SHE'S A Brick Hoooouuuse!!!!

SHE'S Mighty, Mighty, Letting It All Hang Out!!!!!

i'm So Exciting This Morning! Going To Get My 2nd Fill!!

my Car Is Running Hot??? But I Made It To Work!!!! Praise God!!

i Wonder If I've Lost Any Weight Since I Last Weighed Last Friday!

wish Me Luck!!!!

Good Luck with your fill today and let us know how everything goes!

To catch ya'll up on what I did yesterday</p> <p> </p> <p>I FINALLY STARTED MY EXERCISE ROUTINE! </p> <p>For the first time since my band date</p> <p>I DID 45MINS OF CARDIO!!!! TAE-BO!!!!!scared.gif </p> <p> a wee little bit of Pilates! </p> <p> </p> <p>BILLY BLANKS WHIPPED MY TAIL angry.gif </p> <p>PUNCHING BAGS, SIDE KICK, SQUATS!!!!!tired.gif </p> <p> </p> <p>BUT I FEEL GOOD! I FEEL LIKE IM DOING MORE ON MY PART!! I HAVE TO REMEBER THE BAND IS A TOOL TO HELP ME!!!!! silly.gif </p> <p> </p> <p>WISH ME LUCK </p> <p>12:34PM</p> <p>SO FOR SOME REASON I GET REALLY NERVOUS WHEN I COMES TO FILLS!!! </p> <p> </p> <p>MOMENT OF TRUTH CURRENT WEIGHT 252!!!!!</p> <p>I LOST A POUND!!! SINCE FRIDAY!!!<

THE DOCTOR MADE ME LOOK HIM IN THE EYE AND SAY </p> <p>"I WILL NOT DRINK WHILE I EAT" </p> <p>GOT A 1CC AND A HALF PUT IN MY BEAUTIFUL BAND! I thank GOD for my doctor he is so cool and he expects the best from me at all times! </p> <p>I told him I wanted a breast reduction and he said NO WAIT until I lose more weight!!!</p> <p>He is going to refer me to one of his friends but I have to wait!!</p> <p>My boobs are a 44 ddd's they are heavy and so loooong!</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>LIQUIDS FOR TODAY ONLY!!! Doctor's Orders!</p> <p>MENU SO FAR -</p> <p>BREAKFAST: SLIMFAST</p> <p>LUNCH: BROCOLLI & cheese Soup </p> <p>DINNER:SMOOTHIE KING GOTTA GET MY PROTEIN!