Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Hello fellow MaRcHiEs!!!

It is our time now. I feel sooooo good today the weather is great here in Chicago. I can't wait to get out in it and get active.

I go for a fill to day. I can't wait, because I believe I will get real good restriction today.

I thought with my new band and my new attitude I would set new goals for myself. My 1st goal is to be active everyday. By either take aerobics classes, jogging, power walking or just enjoying outside and nature and getting my heart pumping. The second goal is to keep my thinking positive and being good to myself putting myself 1st and loving myself more because I am special (as are the rest of you). My third goal is to try new thing I want to do.

I will keep you all posted on my progress and how I keep these thing up.

I love reading all of the post. Everyone Keep up the good work!!!!!

Hello Marchies. I don't write very often, but I read this post almost everyday. It is soo helpful and inspiring. Congrats to everyone on their successful journeys.

Question? Saturday night I got this horrible pain in my chest and for the first time really had some stomach pain. I hadn't eaten anything out of the normal, but drank a margarita for the first time. Yesterday when I got up I tried to eat some grits, but couldn't even get 3 tablespoons in me. I eventually thru up and all that came up was clear liquid and BLOOD! It totally freaked me out, so I called my on-call Dr. and he said it was probably esophical tearing. I'm still really freaked out and was wondering if anyone else had experinced this? I go to the Dr. on Wed. for my first fill, so I'm hoping I can discuss it with my Dr. further then. Any insight or suggestions?

I went and saw my surgeon at 9am this morning and because I am a, "Rock Star" (his words, not mine) and losing weight and exercising so well I don't need a fill.

@&*%$#!

Or so I thought when I was crying like a baby in his office. He really took the time to explain to me that I am a rare bandster, like 1 in 10 who gets the eating and exercise thing with out the negative reinforcement of tight restriction.

I said, it feels like I am being punished for being good. I do believe I pouted and kicked his chair too. He said he would give me 1cc if I really wanted it, but it might make be nausiated which then might keep me from eating, which then would make me too weak to want to exercise and we don't want that now do we?

I'm keeping it clean because this is a public forum, but I can and do swear often. And I want to now.

Good thing I had scheduled with my therapist for a noon. Between leaving his office and go to her office I went for a bike ride to not be left alone with a house full of food. So yeah! :straight

Anyway, I blurt out the info to her and she says, "you're a scheduled kind of person and things need to happen when you expect them or you get out of sorts. But Wow, 'Rock Star', isn't it cool that tool is there to use when you really need it?"

@&*%$#!

I'm still grumbling. But true enough, I'm scheduled again in 4 weeks. If I don't lose 10 pounds between here and there I'll get a fill.

Why is it that I should feel proud and in stead I feel cheated?

Thanks for listening the the extended whine.

OH :loco: Juli

Well, today was the doctor visit, then I went to dancercise class.

I was nervous about the first band adjustment today....at one point, I even went to the bathroom almost in tears, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once the port was found and the saline went in. I was expecting this GIANT needle, but actually it wasn't that big...LOL. 1 cc of saline went in, which I didn't feel at all. I laughed later for being such a scaredy cat fool.

And I lost three more pounds.:clap2:

I go back June 4 for the second adjustment...I am on soft stuff today and tomorrow and then back to regular food.< /p>

It's beautiful out today...I may go for a walk later after my (soft) dinner.< /p>

Good Morning world

My experience was so weird this weekend I has so much restriction! I dont know what happen to me Friday but all of a sudden I couldnt eat as much as usual. The only thing I could get down was meat and cheese nachos and lemonade! I ate some dressing and 4 bites of cassarole for dinner last nite. I schedule another fill for tommrrow I need this extra boost to get me over this slump. 21 pounds I need more to come off!!!!

I excited to get my 2nd fill

It sounds like you had an awfully lot of carbs. I'm scared of that many processed carbs. I had a whole wheat tortilla shell and was concerned about it being way too many carbs.

Hey Marchies! I have a question. I got my first fill on thursday and i fell little if any resrtiction. My dr only put in half a cc. How much did you receive on your first fill?

late*

I received 1cc in my 4cc band two weeks ago. I haven't felt any restriction, as a matter of fact I had more b4 my fill. I'm hoping to get a fill tomorrow. If I've lost any weight these last two weeks I will be very surprised. Everyone is different as to how much saline gives what amount of restriction.

Question? Saturday night I got this horrible pain in my chest and for the first time really had some stomach pain. I hadn't eaten anything out of the normal, but drank a margarita for the first time. Yesterday when I got up I tried to eat some grits, but couldn't even get 3 tablespoons in me. I eventually thru up and all that came up was clear liquid and BLOOD! It totally freaked me out, so I called my on-call Dr. and he said it was probably esophical tearing. I'm still really freaked out and was wondering if anyone else had experinced this? I go to the Dr. on Wed. for my first fill, so I'm hoping I can discuss it with my Dr. further then. Any insight or suggestions?

That would have scared the crap out of me and I would have been beating on my drs door withing minutes. I hope all is well with you now. Keep us posted on what you dr has to say on Wed. Good Luck.

TCTx

You are so sweet.

He did say that he'd give me a fill if I insisted. But he said why use the tool if I didn't need to? Save it for when I do need it.

He was really very compassionate about how the news affected me. But frankly, his point is valid.

He told me to go to my message board and call him all kinds of names. Which was funny.

Also, apparently he was talking about me with a new patient that saw him shortly after my visit. She's a woman I met on the Ohio board and we knew we were both seeing him today. Anyway, he was telling her about expectations with the band, but he'd just seen a woman who is blowing his statistics away. She asked if her name was "Juli" and he said yes!

Isn't that cute?! Or is that a HEPPA violation? :cry

Thanks for being outraged on my account. I'm mellowing into the decision.

Today I am in size 18 jeans (was 22) so very happy about that. Also as of this morning, I'm 196. So I lost 3 lbs and don't know how I did it. I do believe that I am feeling some restriction and am not eating as much as before. Before I was like 1 1/2 cups a food, now about 1 cup per meal. My exercise hasn't increased and I did have 2 days last week where I didn't eat right. I have an appt for a fill for tomorrow and don't know if I should do it. After I eat I stay full for up to 3 hours if not longer and since I lost the 3 lbs this week, I don't know what to do. Thank goodness I have my support group tonight and I hope the the nurse will be there to ask. Could the "restriction" I feel be that my TOM is coming? Before banding, the two weeks before I didn't feel hungery and wouldn't eat as much. What would you do?

OH JULI- Hey sister you know I got your back! Maybe he was so impressed with your weightloss! Hey you do what you think your body can handle! I go tomrrow for my 2nd fill!!!!!

LLSibley - I think you are right I have become to comgfortble with eating meat and cheese nachos because they dont get stuck and they go down so easy! I will do better with my selections!

Going to store to get some Lean Cusine's and other low carb foods!! No more Nacho's for the month of May!!!

thanks for all the support!!!!

Kisses and huggie's to you all!!!!

I went and saw my surgeon at 9am this morning and because I am a, "Rock Star" (his words, not mine) and losing weight and exercising so well I don't need a fill.

@&*%$#!

Or so I thought when I was crying like a baby in his office. He really took the time to explain to me that I am a rare bandster, like 1 in 10 who gets the eating and exercise thing with out the negative reinforcement of tight restriction.

I said, it feels like I am being punished for being good. I do believe I pouted and kicked his chair too. He said he would give me 1cc if I really wanted it, but it might make be nausiated which then might keep me from eating, which then would make me too weak to want to exercise and we don't want that now do we?

I'm keeping it clean because this is a public forum, but I can and do swear often. And I want to now.

Good thing I had scheduled with my therapist for a noon. Between leaving his office and go to her office I went for a bike ride to not be left alone with a house full of food. So yeah! :straight

Anyway, I blurt out the info to her and she says, "you're a scheduled kind of person and things need to happen when you expect them or you get out of sorts. But Wow, 'Rock Star', isn't it cool that tool is there to use when you really need it?"

@&*%$#!

I'm still grumbling. But true enough, I'm scheduled again in 4 weeks. If I don't lose 10 pounds between here and there I'll get a fill.

Why is it that I should feel proud and in stead I feel cheated?

Thanks for listening the the extended whine.

OH :loco: Juli

That is total BS!!!!!!! I'd be furious if my Dr. told me that. I actually lost 5lbs the week before my second fill. My Dr. congratulated me, but was still more than happy to give me my fill because he KNOWS it's HARD WORK!!! I worked my butt off to lose those 5lbs and felt starved and deprived like I normally do when dieting. I worked out, counted calories (which I hate)...basically strict dieting which I've had years and years of experience in and I don't need anymore. I got my band so I wouldn't have to obsessively diet, count calories, etc, etc. Having good restriction stops the MADNESS!!! I don't need to count calories now and as long as you get your Protein in you will have plenty of energy to keep exercising! If you are consistently losing weight without feeling like it's a struggle then you probably don't need a fill, but if you are working your butt off like I was you should have gotten a fill and put your band to use which is why we were banded in the first place. You're not paying a fee everytime you use it so what are you saving it for...why not use it now?!?! I'm sorry for the ranting and it's defintely not towards you Juli. You are just going by what your Dr. ordered, but I wonder if he/she has ever had a weight problem because then maybe he/she can sympathize. Now I'm mad and it's not even my fill!!! :angry

Well, today was the doctor visit, then I went to dancercise class.

I was nervous about the first band adjustment today....at one point, I even went to the bathroom almost in tears, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once the port was found and the saline went in. I was expecting this GIANT needle, but actually it wasn't that big...LOL. 1 cc of saline went in, which I didn't feel at all. I laughed later for being such a scaredy cat fool.

And I lost three more pounds.:clap2:

I go back June 4 for the second adjustment...I am on soft stuff today and tomorrow and then back to regular food.< /p>

It's beautiful out today...I may go for a walk later after my (soft) dinner.< /p>

You are moving right along Lori!!! Congrats on losing another 3lbs!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: The fills seem alot scarier than they actually are. I go back for my third fill on June 4th as well, but I'm hoping to keep this restriction so I won't need it.

Oh Juli!

I am losing weight really well too...however the magic words I used on my doctor was ...."I am freakin' hungry" and he put in 1cc....of course that didn't last long and in 2 weeks I needed .6...and now I am going in tomorrow for another fill. Your doctor is being conservative..but we all lost weight w/o the band ( I think I have lost the 30 lbs a thousand times ha ha) but we need that tool to be working to make it stay off. :( By the way I was banded the same day as you!