Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 11th here!!! Was suppose to start my two week pre op diet on Monday....that did not happen! But I did start today and I dying for food LOL...... I had three shakes so far 2 cups of carrots with fat free dressing and two egg whites! I really want to eat but I know I need to stop and just stick to this! HELP

Hi! August 13 here. Depart for Puerto Vallarta on August 12. Can't believe it's less than two weeks!

August 11th here!!! Was suppose to start my two week pre op diet on Monday....that did not happen! But I did start today and I dying for food LOL...... I had three shakes so far 2 cups of carrots with fat free dressing and two egg whites! I really want to eat but I know I need to stop and just stick to this! HELP

My surgery is Aug 12 and I started my 2 week pro-op yesterday. I haven't had the issues of being hungry or starving yet. They said the first 2 days are the worst and to me they haven't been bad at all. On my pre-op diet I can I can only have my shakes, low sodium broth, sf Jello, sf Popsicles and Water. Best of luck

I'm August 12. I've not been given a pre-op start date so I've just been drinking shakes for Breakfast and lunch. I've had some food mourning buy not too bad. Unjury shakes are the bomb.com.

I'm scheduled for surgery August 7th and I am so nervous! I'm doing a revision from failed lap-band surgery 5 yrs ago. Let's all keep each other posted on all the good and bad things associated with this journey......I'M Terrified!!!

I am worried because this is a permanent change to my body and I fear recovery, I have read some horror stories about problems after surgery.

But I am staying positive and prayerful that all will go well. Most of all that I am making a decision to improve my overall health with weight loss surgery.

I haven't told anyone other than my husband that I am having this surgery. I feel like this is my private decision, also I am embarrassed because of failing the first surgery in 2009. Does anyone else feel like me? Keeping surgery a secret?

I just got my tentative surgery date today... August 25th! It won't be set in stone until my final review appointment on the 11th, but my tests are all great so there shouldn't be any roadblocks at the review. I've been on a 1,000 calorie diet, 100 g of Protein and under 80 carbs per day for the last few weeks. I've been told that I'll need to cut my carbs down to under 20 per day as of the 6th for the pre-op diet but they didn't mention anything about doing liquid only.

I will stock up on my Vitamins and some Protein shakes at my consent signing appointment on the 13th. I've already purchased a sample pack of the shakes they sell and some from unjury so that I can figure out what I like best.

Glad to be joining the August sleeve group!!

The Unjury is awesome! I need to get some more as I'm almost out. It's really the best I've ever tried and it doesn't make me gassy.

@Butterfly...listen this is your personal journey. You do whatever you feel is right. You do not have to tell anyone if you don't want to. I was very selective about who knew and now I will tell anyone of my friends, but not co-workers. I don't want to deal with office gossip. Do what feels right. I understand keeping it underwraps but there is no need to feel shame-failing happens. Success will happen with sleeve-you will lose and keep it off. The treatment works. I was 265-size 20/22, 2x in Nov last yr. I am now 185 and a size 14, sometimes a 12 and a L size shirt. I put on old stuff sometimes and am amazed. I put on a suit I just bought in April just yesterday and my boyfriend had to pin my pants about 3 inches because I just continue to shrink down. It's nuts. I still feel like a chubby girl tho, Like mentally I have not lost the weight but physically its gone. Its intense and awesome and you will do well as the sleeve has changed my relationship with food-completely. It is still a struggle at times and I still try and stress eat, but can only fit in so much before I have the recognition to say hey stop eating this. Body full. And I stop eating! Whoa. Hahahahaha! It's awesome. Good luck!!

I haven't told anyone other than my husband that I am having this surgery. I feel like this is my private decision, also I am embarrassed because of failing the first surgery in 2009. Does anyone else feel like me? Keeping surgery a secret?

I have not told my family. I would rather tell a perfect stranger than them. It has been a great debate whether or not to tell them. I do not know how they will react or what will happen. They like that I am obese. They have also sabotaged other weight loss attempts. One suggestion was to tell them the night before but I am having doubts about that. Also if I don't tell them now how would they react not have knowing from the get go.

I'm scheduled for surgery August 7th and I am so nervous! I'm doing a revision from failed lap-band surgery 5 yrs ago. Let's all keep each other posted on all the good and bad things associated with this journey......I'M Terrified!!! I am worried because this is a permanent change to my body and I fear recovery, I have read some horror stories about problems after surgery. But I am staying positive and prayerful that all will go well. Most of all that I am making a decision to improve my overall health with weight loss surgery. I haven't told anyone other than my husband that I am having this surgery. I feel like this is my private decision, also I am embarrassed because of failing the first surgery in 2009. Does anyone else feel like me? Keeping surgery a secret?

I can understand not telling people. I tried to keep mine a secret but all the doctors appointments made people ask if I was pregnant so I had to squash that rumor. lol. I started a blog called Unspeakable Journey because it is scary to speak to others about it. My parents made a pact with one another to support me through this but in the end my dad still isn't 100% on board. My boyfriend is FREAKED out. I guess if we make it through this we'll make it through anything. I didn't want to tell his mom b/c she wants what everyone else wants and isn't supportive of you unless she agrees with it. Surprisingly, she was great about it! So in the end, keeping it a secret isn't a bad thing - and you're not keeping it secret by sharing here with us!!!! Best of luck and I am sure that you're going to do AWESOME this time around! :-)

I feel for everyone. I've told a few close friends, my boss, my sister (who's accompanying me to Mexico) and my husband, who's been FREAKING out since I told him I was having the surgery in April. He's only started to get better the last week or so because he knows I won't change my mind. Jeez, I'm the one who's been struggling with this issue my entire adult life, not him. AND I've been on so many diet and fitness regimens, I've lost count! I even became an aerobics instructor. It's not that I don't work at fitness. I just need the help. I'm determined to leverage thus surgery to help me get back to ME. I'm definitely nervous about surgery on the 13th, but I'm so happy, too! I really feel a new sense of clarity about my future.

So glad I found this website. :-) Good luck, everyone!

So this week I start my 2 week diet before my surgery. I am praying I will stick to it. I'm nervous because I see my dr on Thursday for my preopp and I've gained 5 lbs since I last saw him. I don't even know how. I've been careful as to what I eat. This is so frustrating!

August 11 is mine date I only had to do a week of pre op diet which I started yesterday so far Ive been good drinking my Protein Shake 3 of them a day drinking lot of Water, crystal light also Soup. I pray that all of you scheduled for this month do well and best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Well I officially started my preopp diet today and it's not easy I'm allowed 2 fruits a day. I guess I need to drink more Water to fill me up. I have 2 weeks of this. Ugh! Can't wait till my surgery day.