Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lol so funny beckparks I know exactly how you feel.its so hard. And I go on vacation next week. Pray for me!

Our surgeries are quickly approaching!!! Are you ready? Do you still have things to get?

I am so excited! I am going on a mini vacation this weekend and then come home and start my pre op diet. My surgery is August 5th. :)

There is a Facebook support group just for August Sleevers if your interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AugustGastricSleeveBuddies/

Good Luck!! Hope all goes well today.

Hello everyone.

I got my date for 08/21, Dr. rant is at Alexian Brothers in EGV IL, I will start my liquid diet on Thursday. I have learned a lot from reading different topics on this forum. So many stories and lost of inspiration. I'm so glad to be sharing this journey with all of you. May God keep us and protect us all along the way. ????

I think each doctor has their own little products they use and ideas. I think the whole point is for you to just lose some weight before surgery and that weight loss helps with shrinking the liver. My doctor uses the Bariatric Advantage brand and I actually seem to like it very much, but everyone's taste is different. The thing that helped me the most is looking up shake "recipes". One of the shake flavors I got is chocolate so sometimes in the morning I add a couple spoonfuls of Maxwell House sugar free french vanilla Cappuccino and it makes it like a latte for me. There are lots of great tips and suggestions on how to make the shakes tolerable. So you don't get tired and bent out on the shakes my doctor prefers you to only have 2 shakes, a 4oz Protein dinner with veggies, and for Snacks in between you can have cheese sticks, apple slices with Peanut Butter, or their protein chips or bars. So I know you want to follow exactly what the doctor wants you to do, and maybe you can call them to see if there is something a little different you can do, but I just think the idea is getting you use to the shakes and losing some weight at the same time.

My gastric sleeve surgery is 8/11 and I will have to have my gallbladder out due to stones. I started Optifast Monday and I feel constantly nauseous , gassy have diarrhea and have excruciating headaches. I bought the shakes the Soups and the bars all the flavors. I have to be on this diet for 2 weeks to shrink my liver. The chicken Soup is horrific! And I feel so bad because I already cheated with Wendy's salad. And I had a piece of cheese string. Can anyone help!!! Any advise will be appreciated ! Even prayer to get through. Is there any replacement diet for Optifast?! Please HELP !!thank you!

13th here...second guessing myself after losing 18 lbs during pre op diet...

Troy I understand what you're saying. But remember if your like me the weight will come back and the sleeve is going to be an amazing tool. I'm so nervous. I know that God is in control and is working everything out for me. I see him working in this whole process.

August 15th here! Start my 1 week liquid diet tomorrow. Getting excited!!

14th here :)

I think you just need to ask yourself if you can ultimately do this on your own. That's what I've had to ask myself. I know the answer is no, or I wouldn't be here now.

For me, I've been dowen this road many times before. I've been overweight as long as I can remember. My lowest was in the 170's about 5 years ago. Was I happy? Not really. I was still in pain and on diabetic medication, and it came back on in a year or so, and I didn't exactly go off the deep end with eating crap. So even though I've lost 25 lbs. since starting this recent journey, I know that I need to see it through. I need a life long change to be healthy for the rest of my life. No more fighting to get some weight off only to put it on again. I know it can happen, but I'll still have the tool in place to work it. For ME, at my age, it's time to take this seriously.

I wish you the best of luck in what ever you decide is right for YOU.

Was nervous for awhile there - whew! Just got approval TODAY from insurance company! My date is August 26, 2014. I have the pre-opt meeting tomorrow at 12:30. For some reason we are not required to go on a pre-opt diet but I'm getting in the habit now by supplanting two meals a day with a Protein drink. Like you guys guess I better start preparing like this really is gonna happen!

My questions are: How is it the few days after surgery? Does your stomach hurt? Are you able to walk without pain? Realistically, what's the earliest you can exercise [golf for example - : ) after the surgery? ]How hard is it psychologically to not have anything solid to eat? Guess I should go to the post-surgery forum eh? Also I'm sure tomorrow a lot of questions will be answered.

How many times have we lost weight................only to gain it back again, and again, and again!???????

Beckparks, 3 weeks is a long time. I'm starving too and now have 13 days to go. Lol. I'm going to count down. Maybe you can help keep me on track and I will help u too. Just keep your eye on the prize. That's what helps me. And lots of prayer.

I'm August 12. I've not been given a pre-op start date so I've just been drinking shakes for Breakfast and lunch. I've had some food mourning buy not too bad. Unjury shakes are the bomb.com.

I'm August 12th also!! Good luck!!