Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Don't even respond to statements like that.. Sounds like ignorance and youth talking... I haven't noticed my weigh loss either then hubby took a photo of me without me knowing and sent it to me.. When I looked at it, I was surprised.. I have shoulders! Don't get sad about what people said.. I'm sure there will be happy people and jealous people.. My girlfriend told me it took a lot of courage to do what I had done.. I never really thought of it that way, but she is right.. We all made a life changing decision to better ourselves..

Don't take one persons comment to heart.. Keep on losing and Loving yourself...

"You don't have to be perfect in order to be remarkable"

Thanks for the encouragement. The lady is younger (mid 30ish) and I guess without hometraining...lol

I need help... I am getting so very frustrated...

My dreaded 3 week stall has lasted 31 days. This is getting ridiculous. The scale has been playing with 2 pounds for 31 days... Did I mention I have NOT LOST WEIGHT in 31 days!!!

Here is my "typical Day"

Breakfast- Protein Shake

Drink a large Crystal light. ( I add about 28 ounces of Water with one of those tiny packets)

Morning snack is Yogurt

lunch is a slice of roasted turkey with some mustard, or maybe a bit of cheese. (2-3 bites)

afternoon snack is another Protein shake

dinner is sometimes caned chicken with cheese, or some refried Beans with cheese

Then evening snack is my Homemade pudding pops... (Sugar free pudding with double Protein Powder put in popscicle molds)

What am I doingwrong!!???!!!

That doesn't sound like enough calories to me, especially if you're doing any exercise at all. How's your water intake? What about veggies?

I myself and my husband don't really see the big different but others surely do, there's a grumpy guy not sure which country he's from but he never talked to me before until today that he offer to help me moving the empty boxes.

Now I think; Wow, I must have been THAT fat before!

This brings up an interesting issue for which I have been trying to prepare. I would not interpret pleasant attention from the guy who wouldn't give you the time of day before as a reflection on you. He was never justified in treating you poorly -- fat or thin. So, here's what I have been working through: We all know that there are people who are going to treat us differently (i.e. better) as we lose weight. I take that stuff very personally. I was a beautiful, brilliant, professional woman long before I decided to get sleeved. None of that has changed. There is just less of me. Nothing will PISS ME OFF more than people that I respected treating me better. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to put the weight back on to prove how beautiful, brilliant and professional I was at a heavier weight. But, I know people WILL disappoint me (even people who claim to be friends) and I will never want to speak to them again.

Is anyone else dealing with this or thinking about it?

KQH...

I would say you're not eating enough calories, your body is in starvation mode.. It's storing what little food you're putting in it to use for energy.. Bump those calories up!

<p>I need help... I am getting so very frustrated...</p> <p> </p> <p>My dreaded 3 week stall has lasted 31 days. This is getting ridiculous. The scale has been playing with 2 pounds for 31 days... Did I mention I have NOT LOST WEIGHT in 31 days!!!</p> <p> Here is my "typical Day"</p> <p> Breakfast- Protein shake</p> <p>Drink a large Crystal light. ( I add about 28 ounces of Water with one of those tiny packets)</p> <p>Morning snack is Yogurt</p> <p>Lunch is a slice of roasted turkey with some mustard, or maybe a bit of cheese. (2-3 bites)</p> <p> afternoon snack is another Protein shake</p> <p>DInner is sometimes caned chicken with cheese, or some refried Beans with cheese</p> <p> </p> <p>Then evening snack is my Homemade pudding pops... (Sugar free pudding with double Protein powder put in popscicle molds)</p> <p> </p> <p>What am I doingwrong!!???!!!</p>

What is your work out schedule like? I'm at a stall with you so I feel your pain. I'm not eating nearly enough protein so I'm working on that.

Had the surgery on 7/29/14. First 2 weeks were ok, had very low blood sugar so had to eat some carbs. By the 3rd week, I could drink more fluids, so I upped my Water to reach the minimum. I was severely dehydrated the first 2 weeks due to adjusting to the sleeve and can only down at most 17 fl oz of Water in a day. So I lost 21 pounds first 2 weeks, then my weight bumped up 5 pounds on the 3rd week when I am able to finish 40-50 fl oz of water in a day... Parents are freaking out complaining about me eating scambled egg and fish and want me to go back to full liquid diet. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem of weight gain at the 3 week mark?

http://www.urinecolors.com/dehydration-chart.pdf
I know I got dehydration because for the first 2 weeks the urine color was the bottom color of this chart. Right now, it's the 2nd to 3rd from the bottom.

Edited by Diridon

Thank you! It is just hard. And weird not knowing anyone who really has this or who gone through it. I think my friends think I'm insane at this point (always worrying I stretched it by accidentally eating a bite too many) and my family doesn't really understand. I'm trying to use writing as a tool to deal with the emotions and be able to vent. A blog lets me write whatever whereas a friend would eventually want me to stop talking about this lol. I'm hoping to see some noticeable results soon, I know the scale says movement but I want to seeeeee it!

My surgery was 7/7/14.

Today is day 44 post surgery.

I'm down 29.7 since surgery.

I'm down 40.7 including the little bit I lost before surgery.

I'm down 72.7 from my "highest recorded" weight (meaning after I hit that number I stopped getting on the scale)

Fingers crossed!

Had the surgery on 7/29/14. First 2 weeks were ok, had very low blood sugar so had to eat some carbs. By the 3rd week, I could drink more fluids, so I upped my Water to reach the minimum. I was severely dehydrated the first 2 weeks due to adjusting to the sleeve and can only down at most 17 fl oz of Water in a day. So I lost 21 pounds first 2 weeks, then my weight bumped up 5 pounds on the 3rd week when I am able to finish 40-50 fl oz of water in a day... Parents are freaking out complaining about me eating scambled egg and fish and want me to go back to full liquid diet. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem of weight gain at the 3 week mark?

I know I got dehydration because for the first 2 weeks the urine color was the bottom color of this chart. Right now, it's the 2nd to 3rd from the bottom.

Diridon, thank you for posting this link... wow i never knew that about the colors. I thought I was drinking enough, but I'm not usually at the top color. tmi= i'm usually the 2nd or third color which indicates i should be drinking even more than i already am. doesn't seem possible, but i'll work at it.

today was my 2nd post op visit, where I asked the doc about my stall - I lost 21 pounds right away and have been stuck at 23 pounds lost for the last 4 of the 5 weeks since my surgery. He asked me about my exercise and i told him and he then proceeded to poopoo me and said a. you are only 5 weeks out you shouldn't be looking at things that way at this point and b. as long as i continue with a good exercise regimen the pounds will shed off of me and to not worry about this at all. (nota bene: my ticker is going by my highest weight on record, which is why it says 33 lbs lost. the doctor/official number is 10 lbs less than that because they are using a weight from a preop office visit that's lower than my highest recorded weight.)

which is good, but then i look at everyone on here that are 4-5 weeks out and I'm seeing 30+, 40+, 50+ and sometimes even as much as 69 pounds lost in a month since surgery and I can't help but compare myself to that. Which I think I need not to do. that said, it's hard.

I love reading everyone's posts here and i'm glad to be a part of this july sleever's forum. thanks for being here guys.

Edited by Yasman

Diridon, thank you for posting this link... wow i never knew that about the colors. I thought I was drinking enough, but I'm not usually at the top color. tmi= i'm usually the 2nd or third color which indicates i should be drinking even more than i already am. doesn't seem possible, but i'll work at it.

today was my 2nd post op visit, where I asked the doc about my stall - I lost 21 pounds right away and have been stuck at 23 pounds lost for the last 4 of the 5 weeks since my surgery. He asked me about my exercise and i told him and he then proceeded to poopoo me and said a. you are only 5 weeks out you shouldn't be looking at things that way at this point and b. as long as i continue with a good exercise regimen the pounds will shed off of me and to not worry about this at all. (nota bene: my ticker is going by my highest weight on record, which is why it says 33 lbs lost. the doctor/official number is 10 lbs less than that because they are using a weight from a preop office visit that's lower than my highest recorded weight.)

which is good, but then i look at everyone on here that are 4-5 weeks out and I'm seeing 30+, 40+, 50+ and sometimes even as much as 69 pounds lost in a month since surgery and I can't help but compare myself to that. Which I think I need not to do. that said, it's hard.

I love reading everyone's posts here and i'm glad to be a part of this july sleever's forum. thanks for being here guys.

Do not get discouraged. I had the quick weight loss in the beginning now, not so much. When I mentioned to the doctor about not losing as fast he stated that healthy weight loss is a 1 or 2 lbs a week. It gives your body time to adjust to the loss and the skin to tone better. I know it's hard, but I am going to have faith and keep true to the plan and I believe it will come off. Best of luck and congrats on the weight you have lost. : )

I was sleeved on 7/9/14. I also had a week 3 stall with a small gain. I did a ton of internet research. I am skeptical of anything I find on the internet not from some place like mayo clinic but I read an article that helped me make sense of the week 3 stall. It basically said that when you restrict calories your body initially thinks it is a temporary thing and burns glycogen for energy. For every lb of glycogen burned your body also has to use 4lbs of water. At around week 3 your body realizes this restricted calorie intake may not be temporary and wants to re-store glycogen for future emergency use. Well, for every pound of glycogen it stores it also stores 4lbs of water. Presuming you are following your program and not eating too much or the wrong things I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Hawk7775

Question about the urine color. Does that chart refer to what the water in the toilet bowl looks like when we're done or to judge my hydration level do I need to fill a cup?

Hello, My name is Yvette Garza and I was sleeved on July 28th. It was a very difficult 24 hours after waking up because I threw up for a whole day. I wouldn't even press for the medication to help because every time I did I would get a massive headache and throw up. Finally, an awesome nurse gave me some Tylenol and other meds in combination with seemed to help. I have to say, just 2 days later I was craving so many different foods..especially what used to be my weakness, sweets! I had a hard time dealing with this new life change and had an emotional breakdown and told my husband that I had no idea how important food was to me or how addicted I was to it.

I had been an emotional eater for so many years and having a total life changing surgery actually gave me food withdrawals. I felt depressed throughout the day and would get angry when others around me were eating so deliciously. Today, as I am on my 4th week..I can honestly say that most of the cravings have subsided and I feel stronger and better. Someone told me that I could have also been getting a lot of cravings because I wasn't eating enough, especially Protein. I have a hard time following the plan where it says to have Protein and two sides..I don't know but most of the time I can't bring myself to eat all that and just one. Sometimes I feel weak but that's probably why. On another note, I like seeing that my old clothes doesn't fit like it used to. I know that I am only down 20 lbs since the surgery but starting since January, my insurance required for me to lose at least 20 in order to be approved for the surgery I was at 275 and today I am at 236. The day of the surgery I was 256, I am starting to feel so much better & my self-esteem is getting better!! I can eat a little better and drink more fluids. Today, I am restarting my exercise routine which I know will definitely help and speed the weight loss process. Good luck to all of you!! God Bless

<p>Hi all July sleevers,</p> <p> </p> <p>Today while leaving work, a lady said he Jordan your about to loose those pants, need new uniforms. Of course I said yes been working on it since January, will be getting new uniforms soon. Then she said, I can really see it in your face. I acknowledged I could tell in my face some. Then she said, "I like it before, when you loose weight in your face it makes you look older" I was floored. Apparently her mother never mentioned, "if you have nothing nice to say, then shut the hell up". So I'm feeling punched in the gut and want to hear from folks like me. I sure enjoy reading your post. Oh all I could say was yeah fat people make pretty corpses, and walked off.</p>

Loved your response. Some people just have no filter. I'm sure you look great. I was told I look younger. It's all perspective. Who cares what she thinks anyway? She sounds miserable.

I myself and my husband don't really see the big different but others surely do, there's a grumpy guy not sure which country he's from but he never talked to me before until today that he offer to help me moving the empty boxes.

Now I think; Wow, I must have been THAT fat before!

This brings up an interesting issue for which I have been trying to prepare. I would not interpret pleasant attention from the guy who wouldn't give you the time of day before as a reflection on you. He was never justified in treating you poorly -- fat or thin. So, here's what I have been working through: We all know that there are people who are going to treat us differently (i.e. better) as we lose weight. I take that stuff very personally. I was a beautiful, brilliant, professional woman long before I decided to get sleeved. None of that has changed. There is just less of me. Nothing will PISS ME OFF more than people that I respected treating me better. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to put the weight back on to prove how beautiful, brilliant and professional I was at a heavier weight. But, I know people WILL disappoint me (even people who claim to be friends) and I will never want to speak to them again.

Is anyone else dealing with this or thinking about it?

I've thought about this myself Marie, bc I work in corporate America and all the girls around my age are so focused on weight. But the truth is everyone is fake in corporate America, ok most people. It's work, as long as you get recognition for your contributions, seriously who cares? We live in a society where being fat is often seen as a crime and we can't let those myopic opinions affect our happiness. We do this thing for ourselves and it's meant to enhance our lives, so if people are nicer, friendlier, etc. just think of it as another enhancement and move on. We are all beautiful and brilliant in our own right, some people just tend to ignore that if we don't look like they do.