Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

My sleeve was on 7/14.........first week 13; + 10 prior to the surgery.....them nothing for almost 3 weeks. Now 4 lbs

Same here. I've lost about 4 lbs in 3 weeks. It seems crazy to be putting in so few calories and not lose any weight. I've got to get serious and back to the shakes, a more stringent routine. Being at work all day has made me skip too much. I know it's gotta end at some point, but after doing so well pre-op, this is frustrating - 3 weeks!

I was sleeved 7/28 down 16 if u count the 10lbs I gained in hospital. On liquids for second week but losing my mind so I pureed and strained pea Soup. Its very thin but feel like I'm not eating enough still. Got my cycle 2wks early and feeling depressed. Should I just go back to ALL Protein Shakes. Even w meals & 2 shakes a day I'm at 620cal a day! Help.

Oh and my doc does 2 weeks fluids..2wks pureed...2 wks soft. ...2 weeks semi normal then normal and im on 1/2 c total per meal

Hi sleeve buddies- had my surgery 7/22. Pre -op was Optifast... I learned quickly how to make it more appealing- adding a little chicken broth, making "Frosty's" by adding ice and blending, saving my bars tip nighttime when i had cravings.. I started at 213, BMI 37.8, with hypertension, hight cholesterol, high blood sugar...o the 22nd I was 200, and now post surg am 189!!!

Protein tough to get all in, but keep trying.

Learning to eat slowly is challenging, but my tummy tells me soon enough. I have trouble determining when Im full. Then it hits me!

I fid comfort in my instant mashed potatoes with a little gravy, and Sugar Free chocolate cooked pudding. I add Protein slowly and NOT when its hot. I have used "Unjury powder, and its ok as long as I pre dissolve it.

Sleeved July 30th- down 16 since.. 11 prior from liquids only... So 27 total :) 31 since my highest ever. Pretty happy with things so far.. Hoping not to stall anytime soon!

Sleeved July 30th- down 16 since.. 11 prior from liquids only... So 27 total :) 31 since my highest ever. Pretty happy with things so far.. Hoping not to stall anytime soon!

That is really awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!

My stall has left the building for now!!!! My doctor explained to me it happens to everyone and at three weeks we may be babying our stomach so much (as our doctors want us to) that the very liquid/soft foods slide through easier and we can eat more. I am positive that wasn't my stall issue but do know that I am hungry immediately after eating certain foods. I have been incorporating many new foods into my diet this week. I even had grilled chicken and a few pieces of lettuce, a cucumber slice and small piece of a Tomato yesterday. This morning I had 1 chicken sausage. I am 6.5 weeks out. Best of luck to everyone who is currently experiencing a stall. I think having gone through it that I know next time to be more patient.

Hello all, I was sleeved on July 28th. Down 12lbs since that day. I didn't gain any in the hospital. I was kept an extra day though. I was throwing up a lot. Did anyone else experience this? I think the morphine may have played a role because as soon as I asked them to take me off that it stopped. My main issue now is pain after eating almost everything. Even yogurt, Jello, or a scrambled egg. I was on full liquid for the first week and never found anything that didn't cause pain. I'm currently on pureed foods and start soft next week, according to my surgeon's plan. I get shooting pains while eating after a few seconds then they go away, almost like gas pains. I eat really slowly and chew really well. I'm just scared to eat anything because of that pain. I have no problem with Water and Vitamins. I drink Core Power drinks for Protein which I recommend because they have no chalky taste like MM. I have tried Soups and instant mashed potatoes. They didn't hurt a lot but the mashed feels heavy and I didn't like how I felt in the morning. Has anyone else experienced this pain? I bought gas-x chewables last night and tried one before eating my scrambled egg for dinner but it didn't help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello all, I was sleeved on July 28th. Down 12lbs since that day. I didn't gain any in the hospital. I was kept an extra day though. I was throwing up a lot. Did anyone else experience this? I think the morphine may have played a role because as soon as I asked them to take me off that it stopped. My main issue now is pain after eating almost everything. Even yogurt, Jello, or a scrambled egg. I was on full liquid for the first week and never found anything that didn't cause pain. I'm currently on pureed foods and start soft next week, according to my surgeon's plan. I get shooting pains while eating after a few seconds then they go away, almost like gas pains. I eat really slowly and chew really well. I'm just scared to eat anything because of that pain. I have no problem with Water and Vitamins. I drink Core Power drinks for Protein which I recommend because they have no chalky taste like MM. I have tried Soups and instant mashed potatoes. They didn't hurt a lot but the mashed feels heavy and I didn't like how I felt in the morning. Has anyone else experienced this pain? I bought gas-x chewables last night and tried one before eating my scrambled egg for dinner but it didn't help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have problems with certain foods. I cannot eat eggs yet. They hit my stomach like little lead pebbles. What I am able to eat without much problem is rotisserie chicken especially of in use low fat gravy with it. I have stayed away fromoat carbs. Though my nut stated that you should have some to help you get through the exercise without getting to tired. With that I found lentil crackers that have 5 g of protein per serving.

Good luck and just keep playing with your food to see what works.

I just had my first post-op check up today with my doctor (already posted the thread earlier in the louge).

I told him that I hit the stall for 3 days so he told me to eat more to lose more weight! He also told me NOT to go on the scale everyday.

The most exciting thing is I'm cleared for solid food YAY!

(sleeved on 07/07/14 total lost pre-op 20 lbs)

I just had my first post-op check up today with my doctor (already posted the thread earlier in the louge). I told him that I hit the stall for 3 days so he told me to eat more to lose more weight! He also told me NOT to go on the scale everyday. The most exciting thing is I'm cleared for solid food YAY! (sleeved on 07/07/14 total lost pre-op 20 lbs)

I started increasing my calories yesterday because my scale was stuck for 5 days. This morning I was down a pound. Not sure if it was the increase of calories, but I'm going to try keeping my calories up through the weekend. I keep saying I'm going to stay away from the scale but it's so hard! And who would have thought it would be so difficult to get more calories in a day. Didn't have that issue pre-op :)

I was sleeved on 7/28. I am having very few problems as a whole -- no problem eating or drinking. My Dr has us on liquids/soft for the first 2 weeks. I am down about 12-14 pounds since surgery.

I am not allowed eggs yet. I have to tell you-- I am getting tired of all the sweet foods! Also, you know how they tell you that your tastes may change after surgery? I have never been a picky eater at all, but about Wednesday or so my body decided that it no longer liked the unflavored Protein I was putting in stuff. It's like suddenly my body rebelled and said "I am not a baby cow. Quit feeding me all this milk!".

Frustrating, but I am trying to find a workaround!

I am 4 weeks post surgery and a bit miserable. My weight lost is steady. I'm guessing I'm down about 18 pounds. I'm excited but no mood to Celebrate. I am extremely fatigued and having difficulty eating soft food. My caloric intake is no more than 400 a day. I feel miserable eating. It feels like I swallow more air pockets than anything. Anyone out there having similar problems? Any suggestions? I also had a hiatal hernia repair. I'm wondering if that is causing me so much discomfort