Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Hey everyone! I am new to the site and new to the Sleeve. I had my surgery on 7/30 and it is now 8/1 so I am 2 days out. I have a few questions. did anyone gain weight after the surgery? I started my 2 week liquid diet at 421. the day of surgery I was 399 now 2 days out and I have put a few lbs back on. it makes no sense to me. the only thing I have had to eat was 1 egg and 2 oz of chicken puree. is this normal? I have been drinking my Water like I am supposed to, today I had about 56oz of the required 64oz. did anyone else experience this as well?

It's just all the fluids they pump into you. Don't sweat it. It will be gone before you know it!

I was sleeved July 1 and doing well. I lost 10 lbs pre-op and 15 more in the first two weeks. I have been stalled for almost three weeks. I lost 2.5 in the last few days but it is frustrating. I see my Nut and Dr next week and am hoping my stall will be over soon. I think what is frustrating is that I believe I am doing everything right. I haven't even eaten out once. I cook all my food. I must say I was a nervous wreck prior to surgery and feel great this last week and a half just tired due to working long days. I am excited for everyone on their journey! Best of luck.

I'm stalled too and it is frustrating but I still feel thinner. Clothes are loser. Image in the mirror is smaller. Trying to focus on that while the scale is stuck. Hope your stall is over soon!

Thanks. I was kind of looking for that to be the answer and not that i was reading the scale wrong for 2 weeks.

Today has been a bad day. I am in pain in the stomach area. I cant tell if it is gas bubbles from the surgery or if maybe stomach pain or anything else. I have been having a hard time getting rid of the gas, so i am leaning that way.

Anyone else get these pains? I am 3 days out of surgery

I guess every Dr is different I am 1 month post op and just beginning to eat solid food as tolerated. I had half of a very small baked potato today and barely could get it down.. I am extremely constipated anyone have any suggestions I have tried everything even a laxative and nothing. I am taking Fiber gummies still nothing my belly is bloated and I am very nauseous I can not enjoy my food. Dr says it will pass but I am very uncomfortable.Other than that I think I am stalled because of the Constipation but other than that I cant wait for more weight to drop.

Edited by janeta16

janeta16 - Sometime I eat canned pumpkin to get my bowels to cooperate. Pre and Post surgery, this has helped for me!

Newbie here! I was sleeved July 18 and am currently down 20lbs. At two weeks. my incisions look good. At one week, they were really red and itchy. The doc suggested I must be allergic/sensitive to the surgical glue they use. Slight discomfort in my right abdomen occasionally. I don't see much difference in the way my clothes fit yet, but I am looking forward to it! The main challenge I'm really trying to get my head right with is the constant barrage of ads for indulgent foods. EVERYWHERE! I see this culture as the biggest issue going forward.

My doctor recommended collace, there's a liquid version to it as well. During the pre-op liquid phase I was constipated but now during post-op I have a diarrhea. I also recommend citroma it's fizzy but I would shake it to remove the fizz. It works wonders!!

post-218837-0-10359100-1407014141_thumb.jpg

Sleeved on July 15 and I decide to have this surgery because I was to a point where I was at the highest weight I have ever been in my life. I would try to go on diets but the drive to actually stick to it burned out a long time ago. I decided last year to call and get information about WLS. Now I am about three weeks out and I am trying to adjust to this new lifestyle.

Anyone feeling weak? I was sleeved on the 14th and it just seems everyday I feel weaker. My arms and legs are heavy like I've been working out but I've mostly been resting. I'm not at my Protein goals like most but I am taking my Vitamins.< /p>

@ , I was sleeved on 7/28 and I have noticed today that I am weaker than before, I swear as soon as I got home from the hospital Miss Mary paid me a visit, I am gong to get a new Multivitamin today and hopefully this helps with the weakness. Anyone know of a good multivitamin?

I had my sleeve surgery last Monday (plus small hiatal hernia repair), July 28 and came home from hospital Friday, August 1. They had trouble waking me up after surgery. Took most of the day and they had to send me back to recovery. Then on Tuesday I couldn't get up and walk. Still having BP problems and blood work was low. When I tried to get up my nurse would run to the room and tell them to lay me down as My BP went up to 140. So I got 2 bags of blood and I was better by Wednesday. However my blood work still wasn't good enough so another day but my surgeon was considering taking me back to OR to explore if there was a bleed. I was losing too much blood through drain. He ended up letting me go home Friday. I feel pretty good. Eating 1/2 cup of Malt-O-Meal one meal and 1/2 cup Spicy a Bean Soup (recipe in my packet). Drinking 1/2 pure fruit juice me 1/2 Water, plus Protein Shakes. I lost 21 pounds during my 2 week Protein Shake pre-surgery diet. I am 5 days out from surgery and still bloated. Up 11 pounds. But I am walking and following my surgeon's orders so I should start to lose soon.

I had my surgery July 17th. I feel great. Haven't had any pain meds since waking up from surgery. The nurses were shocked when they would read my chart. Loved it. I just started on some yogurt, eggs, and cheese sticks. But it is so hard to get even close to the recommended amount of Water a day. Still not allowed to clean and that is bugging me more than anything. Noone in my house cleans like me....lol. The hospital weighted me at 248 after surgery and this morning, I weighted myself at 219. If I could jump up and down right now, I would.

@@janeta16 I was told to take chewable vitamins for a few years. I looking for a chewable B-1 because the taste of it about made me sick. I opened the capsule and took it that way. I was told that The Vitamin Shoppe has all the chewable Vitamins we need. I am going to look there. They also have a website.