Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to Onederland!

Ahhhhh, nice. I love Washington. My aunt lives in Green Acres. Do you know Michelle aka Cleo from Dr. Ortiz website??? I think she's near you.

I met her one day when I was there for a fill. She was there with a friend that was getting banded too.

Is it raining up there right now??? My friend in Bend Oregon said its pouring down all over Oregon.

Jen

Jen - no, I don't know Michelle - most of the bandsters I know around here were ones banded thru the same place I had it done. I'll have to keep an eye out for her, though! It's not raining here right now, but they've forecasted showers most of the week. It is beautiful here right now when the sun is out - super green, lots of trees/flowers/bushes blooming - ah, spring is here! :)

Well - it is clouding up in the Rocky Mountains, April showers? Lots of time that means hail. If it hails really hard, I might get a new roof???

Anyway, it has been a good day.

The headwork of weight loss seems overwhelming at times. The band sets up a psychological confrontation with what made me fat. what a struggle, but I'm worth it.

Hugs all,

I am on the East Coast, Delaware to be exact. :)

I am going for another fill on Thursday - yay! - I'm eating more than I should be, but somehow I lost another 2 pounds, finally. WooHoo! I'm at 222 now, and can't even remember the last time I was this close to Onederland. . . maybe 13 years ago at my wedding?!?!

Anyway, Jen, you can do this! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, and also, congratulations on joining WW! That's a great step in the right direction and the Core plan pretty much follows along with what we're supposed to be eating.

And, to all of the new "Road to Onederland" peeps that have joined this thread, welcome, it's nice to *meet* you all, and WE CAN DO IT!!! :clap2:

Hello all:

I am currently 209.4 by my digital scale, banded 3/20/2007 by Dr. Ortiz. Live an hour north of Seattle. Just had my first fill, 1.4 cc 2 days ago by Kitty Carmichael ARNP, CDE up here in Arlington. Can't really tell if the fill is going to make a difference. I am still obsessing about food most of the time, struggling and struggling to keep the eating under control, only some of the time with Antonio's (banderas') help. I started the whole process/road towards banding January this year, and have lost about 20 pounds, most of it under my own steam, cutting out almost all carbs (potatoes are my downfall) rice, corn. I can't eat wheat/gluten, so that was already taken care of for me

ONEderland is a place I long to be solidly in, I'll take 199, but 190 would be even better, of course. I would like to be part of this thread, it WILL be great to Celebrate that milestone (pound) with others in my same situation. Boy, it is true, the band is making me work harder to lose the weight than I ever worked before, and only some of the time helping. I know I need to wait a while to see if my first fill "kicks in", but I would really like some more help from Tonio.

Got to get back on the exercise bandwagon, encouragement from you folks will help.

AMRDMR

I weighed on the digital scale this am and I weighed 205 - OMG, but it isn't official. So on Monday, my official weigh in day we'll see where I'm at. This is so fun, sharing it with all of you. I'm with AMRDMR saying that 199 isn't solid enough ground for me. Been there, done that, and went right back up. So I think I may add another 9 pounds to my ticker so it will track that loss. I was even at 187 last year on Slim 4 Life, but without the band, I went right back up. So old pain lies in these pounds, but what a triumph to wade through them!!!

The battle of the bulge is ON!

Wow, today with all these war analogies this makes me the Onederland Warrior. Just kidding. But it feels like that sometimes.

Hugs and best wishes, every day is another chance to honor my choices,

Michelle

I'm sitting here with unbuttoned pants..........................thanks to 3 peices of pizza. I feel like shit. I want to cry. The taste of the greasy cheese and pepperoni's was just sooooooo darn good. I was full after the first piece. Why can't I feel this way towards carrots and celery????

But, good news, I've rode my bike 3 times since Monday. My 3rd grader has been shocked to see me each day waiting outside the bike racks to ride home with her from school.

Since I'm confessing my days sins...........................I went to the movies today with myself and watched "In the Land Of Woman". I drank a large diet coke and a half a bag (big bag) of Reeses Pieces. When it was time to leave, I left the half bag behind sitting on the floor. Yeah Me!!!!

ps. If you go to see this movie......bring Kleenex.

Fluffernutter - good going riding the bike. Where do you live? Are your days nice and warm?

I was amazed that the restriction I thought I didn't have, I do today. Very small amounts are satisfying. I wonder if the band is going to work on its own. I am supposed to get a fill on the 17th, but if I feel like I did today, it isn't necessary.

I hope to see some reduction on the scale tomorrow, but it will only be official Monday at my weigh in.

Hugs and happy May to you all. Perhaps we'll all be in Onederland by July 4th!

Michelle

The digital scale read 206.4 today, the lowest it has ever read in its life with me (it is relatively new), but I will take it. I don't know if I am still just swollen, but yesterday my first fill seemed to be working, just a few bites were enough, after the Protein Shake for Breakfast, just to try to get some of the Protein in. Even though 199 isn't far enough in to ONEderland to feel really secure there I still sure will be celebrating when that day arrives, can hardly wait. I will be right on top of adjusting the ticker then.

AMRDMR

Welcome AMRDMR! You are doing great! Hopefully your first fill will help to push you into Onederland! Keep up the great work!

Michelle and Fluffer! Keep it up ladies!

Michelle- the band is a fickle b*tch, one day you've got restriction, one day you don't. Try to take advantage of those restricted days

Fluffer - congrats on riding your bike! That is great quality time with your child! Don't worry about the pizza and reeces pieces, just begin again today... its a new day! You can do it

About me - well, TOM is here and I swear I'm retaining about 50 lbs of Fluid I'm not going near a scale for a few days. I am enjoing eating right now, though.

Come on Onederland Warriors! WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!

Kim2bHealthy - Wow! You have done such a great job losing.

What is your daily food outline? How have you lost sooooooo much?

I appreciate the info about the band. I think I will go ahead with the fill. I don't seem to be losing and I'm not eating that much between 1000 - 1100 cal per day with 50-60 grams of Protein.< /span>

I know I can do this. We can do this! We are doing this! Positive thinking helps me.

Michelle

Hey there my peeps...............................did everyone enjoy a nice Cinco De mayo? ??? What did ya'll eat and drink to Celebrate? ?? Margaritas????????????? Not me. I stayed home and did nothing. Literally. My kids were all gone to friends and my hubby is away for Nat'l Guard Duty..................so I caught up on my Tivo.

When I rushed down to Dr. Ortiz last week for an emergency unfill............complete unfill................I think they left some in me because I am having major restriction with this Subway Wrap I'm trying to eat right now. Damn.......................burp...............LOL

Talk to you soon, Jen