Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to Onederland!

Welcome Annie! You are very close to Onederland! Keep up the great work and keep us posted. Wow 72 pounds in just a few months! Great work!

Thanks for the welcome, Kim! I've decided to make my weight loss journey my #1 priority this year, so I'm "working my band" to the best of my ability - and at least for now, getting good results!! I'm hoping to be well into Onederland by the end of May... (fingers and toes crossed!)

10 to go!

Hi Everybody-

I'm only 18.5lbs away. This is a HUGE milestone for me. I can't remember the last time I was even in the lower part of the 200's. I'm going to AZ in 6 weeks and I hope to be close by then.

My mother-in-law has not seen me since last November and my husbands side of the family has no idea I've lost any weight. (They live out of state). I'm really excited to see if anyone notices. Good Luck to everyone. We'll all be there soon enough.

Have a great day.

Good luck Annie! You can do it!

Wlecome Carol! I'm sure the family will be blown away with how great you look! Congrats on the 48 that you've lost already, that is awesome! Keep us posted!

Well.... Sunday wasn't suh a lucky weigh day for me this week... still @ 207!:rolleyes Gotta stay away from the junk food and carbs!:faint:

How's it going guys?

OK, I have read many threads here and was never sure where to jump in.

I think this is it...................I've found my home.

Hi girls.........................and Jack. My name is Jennifer. I live in So. Cal. about an hour away from Dr. Ortiz. I had my surgery on May 2, 2006. I have only lost 35 lbs. I am really discouraged and disgusted right now. I dreamt I would be down 80 lbs or so by now. I regret telling people about my surgery. Friends around me that are on weight watchers have lost 40 lbs easily.

I have had fills and unfills like they are going out of style. My last unfill brought me down to 1.8 cc's. I thought that was perfect for me. I had restriction..............(for the healthy foods) but not for ice cream and candy. Then, last Tues., I made some choc. covered pretzels and ate on etoo many. Then I began puking. Later in the afternoon I tried to do it again...........................back into the restroom. By evening, I couldn't even eat dinner without running into the bathroom. I drank a ton of mylanta before going to bed.

In the morning, I could barely drink Water. I drank 3 slim fast and Water that on Wed. along with mylanta. Thurs. came and forget about it, I was swollen shut. I could barely swallow. So, on Friday morning I rushed down to Mexico and had Dr. Romero completely empty me out. On Friday morning I weighed 212. Oh, by the way, my pre-op weight was 246.

So, now I'm empty.........................I think. I did feel a bit of restriction yesterday when I tried to eat some bread. I bought a case of Slim Fast and I'm just hoping that I can stay down near 212. This morning I was 215, but it's that time of month and I'd like to think that add a couple of lbs.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I have saved this page in my "favorites". I will keep you all updated.

Jen

I want to join the countdown to Onederland!

I seem to be stalled, two weeks post op and stuck at 208 - 210 depending on the scale and time of day. I have been eating real food, chewing, but some off program types of eating like M & Ms, so I will commit to this thread. Let's keep posting. It is a hard hurdle to cross and I sure could use the encouragement

Hugs and best wishes and we march into ONEDERLAND!

Hey Dino-Mini,

I'm giggling when I read "two weeks post-op". You are so silly. I am a year post op with only losing 30-35 lbs depending on how my scale wishes to behave..........................LOL.

Don't feel down.

I have no advice to give, cuz I'm not a good "loser".

Jen

dotofoz - Sounds like you need a fill sister! Are you eating good solid Protein? Typically the first fill doesn't do much restriction wise. I see you had your first one a couple of weeks ago.. do you know how many cc's are in there? If I've learned anything in the last year, it is that my band is very fickle! Seems like it varies in restriction from day to day and sometimes hourly! Schedule another fill sister and don't worry you will get restriction and Onederland will be here before you know it. YOU CAN DO IT!

Next fill 5/8 at 3:15, but who's counting????

Hey guys! Welcome Jen and Dynamo!

Wow Jen - you've gone through a lot girl! So how come you keep having fills and unfills? Are the fills too agressive? Please don't feel down for losing 35 lbs, that is great. You shouldn't feel down about your loss if you haven't gotten your band adjusted properly yet. Sounds like you got everything irritated before the unfill. Hopefully the unfill will help everything in there to calm down. Are you planning an getting another fill soon? In the mean time try to eat good solid Protein and veggies... I (as a chocolate addict as of late) know how difficult it can be, so just yell if you need support. We are hear for you. Once you get to proper restriction, the weight will come off. What has your fill doctor been saying? Are you just really sensitive to fills? Do you follow the bandster rules for eating when you are filled? Please keep us posted!:)

Dynamo - First congrats on being recently banded! Don't worry when you get your band adjusted to where you have good restriction, you will reach Onederland!(Step away from those M & Ms sister, they are bad news).:faint:

Dot - Congrats on getting your fill scheduled!:clap2: I think I'm gonna have to get one really soon... I've noticed that I can eat more and am not as full for as long... I've had people notice(family) that I am able to eat more as of late.... man, I hate getting adjustments/fills.:)

Hahahhahahaha..................step away from the M & M's.

Ok, well, I am soooooo guilty of not following the rules of the band. Isn't that apparent???? I wash everything down with Diet Coke. I have never once given it up. I drink 4 a day.

Today, I've had 2 so far.................oh and a slimfast shake. It's 11:20 and I am starving...................those hot cheetos are calling my name. I think I'll eat a lean cuisine now.

I had bunion surgery 4 weeks ago and I just barely began wearing tennis shoes a couple of days ago. In fact, on Friday, when I had to walk across the border..............I had to wear tennis shoes. My foot was killing me.

Yes, I think I'm sensitive to fills. But honestly, on my last unfill about 3 months ago..............I thought that one was just perfect until last week with the puking. I'll wait 2 weeks and go back down to TJ for a small fill.

Talk to you again,

Jen

OMG Jen -

You are soooooo right there! You know we can do this. You can do this!

I don't know about the diet coke. I do know that carbonation is a no no, but somehow you are tolerating it, until an aggressive fill?

hey - what do I know.

I did weigh, I lost one pound since last week. Good for me. And I did exercise 40 minutes aerobic, tried a little yoga, but bending the middle won't work two weeks post op. So now I will write down what I ate so far.

Breakfast - 1 egg with 1/8 c cheese

2 cups coffee with coffeemate

two bottles of Water - now I am off to make a Protein Shake for a snack.< /span>

Best wishes to all - and just know we can do this (I am talking to myself there - yes, i can do this!!!!)

Michelle

I want a Ticker. Where do I get one???

I just at a lean cuisine Salsbury Steak and Mashed potatoes with Carrots. That was yummy. :hungry:

I'm off to get my nails done. I think I'll look around in the garage for my old bike lock............................might just ride my bike to the salon.

Jen

Jen- Girly you need to not drink when you eat! That washes all the food through and keeps you hungry. Okay (tough love here), why aren't you following the rules? :boink:Are you emotionally ready for weight loss? If you aren't, you are probably eating around your band (believe me I know, I have sat with a plate of my mom's home cooking in my lap and practically cried cause I wanted to eat more, but my band wouldn't let me). Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. You gotta follow those rules if you want results! This band can be tricked soooo easily. You have to use the tool! I will be honest here... I HAVE NEVER WORKED SO HARD AT LOSING WEIGHT IN MY LIFE AS I HAVE SINCE BEING BANDED! I follow the rules, exercise 6 - 7 hours a week, count calories,carbs, fat and Protein and drink 100 ounces of Water a day, and still my weightloss is slow, lately(plus I need a little fill). I want this sooo bad and I know you do too. So, what is stopping you? If you are reverting back to old habits, the band isn't going to work. So what do you say? Are you ready to work your band? I hope so! :clap2: You can do it!

Dynamo - congrats on the pound and the exercise! How about your Water? Getting that in? Good luck!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<wiping tears away.

Something deep in my soul keeps up the sabotage. I'm sitting here right now working on finishing a bag of Tostitos. A big bag. It's like I just can't stop. I went to get my nails done. Couldn't ride my bike cuz I couldn't lock it up. Ahhhh who am I kidding. I probably wouldn't have ridden it anyhow.

A bit of my history. I was never fat. In fact, when I got married in 95, I weighed 150 and I'm 5'8. We had our son exactly 1 year into our marriage. When I delivered my son I weighed 265. Then I lost 50 -60 lbs before getting prego with my daughter. My kids are now 9 and 10. Ya think I need to stop blaming them for making me fat..............LOL

Jen