Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to Onederland!

Okay Jen,

You go to www.TickerFactory.com and follow the instructions. Then add the ticker website to your signature.

I am going to add a ticker to Onederland to my signature. That way I have a more tangible goal to look at.

Kim2bhealthy - you are my hero, I know it takes really hard work, probably harder than ever before and a belief that you CAN DO IT!

Hooray for you and the wonderful progress you have made. My goodness in less than a year. Your bandaversary is around the corner!

Fluffer - What can we do to help ya? You've gotta take control of your eating... I know that I have learned more about food in the last year than I would ever believe possible... have you ever sat down and looked at the calories(and fat) that are in a bag of tostitos? If you are doing the whole emotional eating thing.. you need to ask yourself what is causing this.. are you depressed, bored, lonely, angry, sad? I know it is difficult to always make the right choices, but as long as you make good choices more often than bad ones, you are gonna come out ahead. Are you eating when you are hungry or is it head hungar? Maybe you could try tracking calories and such on fitday.com or sparkpeople.com, I've been using fitday for about a year now and it really helps for me to see exactly what I'm consuming.. calories, fat, carb and Protein wise. I wish I had a magic wand to wave over you Fluffer, but its all on you sister, you have to decide that you are ready to take advantage of the tool that you had surgery to receive. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. I'm afraid I sound all 'holier than thou', but believe me I'm not perfect and I don't always follow the bandster rules(CHOCOLATE & JUNK food makes its way into my diet), but I do most days and it has worked for me so far! You can do it girl!

Dynamo - thanks for your kind words! I'm kind of see-sawing back and forth about getting an adjustment.. it is always such a big decision for me. My bandaversary is just a few weeks away.. this year has flown by!

I'M TURNING THIS THING AROUND LADIES AND GENTS!!!!!!!!

I joined Weight Watchers last night with my cousin and her best friend. I have just made my grocery list and I am off to Winco. I think I'm going to do the Core Menu instead of counting points. This is sort of like Atkins where you can eat unlimited from a list of foods. Lots of Protein, no bread. Which is right up my ally.

Wish me luck

Yay Fluffer! WTG on making a positive change! Let us know how it goes - I used to (pre-band) do WW points, and don't know much about the core plan. Keep me posted - if it's good, I may try it!

Also, have any of you read the Beck Diet Solution book? I'm reading it now, and kinda like what it's saying... not sure if anyone here had tried what's in it. It's "cognitive therapy" so that you think like a thin person (or so they say...)

A bit depressed this past couple of weeks. A very good friend of mine was killed by her soon to be ex. Then he set her on fire and killed himself. Her kids go to school with my kids. You can read about it by googling her name Sadie Finney. It has really devistated everyone. I can't bring myself to deleting her phone number from my speed dial. It still has her sweet voice on it.

So, WW it is.....................I'm turning it around. The leader at the meeting last night told me that there were several bandsters in her classes. I can't wait to meet some of them.

I have about 9 lbs to go to onederland, can't wait, i was 198 in april of 05' so once i pass that then i will actually feel like i'm getting somewhere.

Wow Fluffer! That is so terrible about your friend. I am so sorry for your loss. No wonder you've been doing the whole emotional eating thing. Congrats on joining WW , that will be a huge help in your weight loss! I'm sure the fellow bandsters will be helpful. I love talking to fellow bandsters at my support group meetings. Congrats on making this commitment.

Annie - I haven't read the book but it sounds insteresting. How are you doing?

Welcome sweethot143! You are very close to Onederland. Keep up the great work, it is just around the corner. Keep us posted!

Sweethot! The december bandsters have missed you! Glad you're back on the boards! :)

Kim - I'm doing ok, thanks for asking! I went overboard on dinner Sun night and I'm still beating myself up for it - I'm my own worst enemy! :girl_hug:

My girlfriend just told me that she's going to be on the cover of Dr. Ortiz's new book. She chats in here under Housecatgirl (i think) her name is Laura. She looks great. But she's like me.....fill, unfill, fill, unfill........and so on and so on. She works out a lot. That's my downfall. I may for my membership just to know its there if I ever need it.....LOL

Jen

Okay Jen,

You go to www.TickerFactory.com and follow the instructions. Then add the ticker website to your signature.

I am going to add a ticker to Onederland to my signature. That way I have a more tangible goal to look at.

Kim2bhealthy - you are my hero, I know it takes really hard work, probably harder than ever before and a belief that you CAN DO IT!

Hooray for you and the wonderful progress you have made. My goodness in less than a year. Your bandaversary is around the corner!

I got all the way through it................made my ticker................now I can't figure out how to transfer it over. I'm retarded.

Okay Jen,

I got all the way through it................made my ticker................now I can't figure out how to transfer it over. I'm retarded.

Jen - you need to copy and paste the info on the ticker factory site to your "signature" in your control panel here - give that a try!

I think you go to the box on the ticker factory site that says bbCode and copy the part that starts with and ends with to your sig

bannanie- i've missed you all too on the December bandster thread! i guess it's hard because i haven't lost as fast as I expected. i plateaued for 2 months and just started losing again, 3 lbs in 2 weeks. so when i feel like a loser when i look at all the success you guys are having.

OK, I'm going to try it again. Fingers crossed everyone????

Where ya'll from....................State/Town (if that's not too personal)

I'm in the Temecula Valley in Southern Cali

Sweethot - I totally understand what you're saying, but there are a bunch in our group that are right where you are - on a plateau! We've all hit them. Remember, when you're stuck on a plateau is when you NEED us the most! Please come back to the "steadies" thread - we're totally here for you!! That's what's great about this forum - if you have a bad day, you can vent, cry, ask for help, and get such wonderful support! We do miss ya! :)

AND WAY TO GO ON THE 3 LBS! Woo hoo!