Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Anyone else having this problem or having a certain time they cannot eat?

Have you played with the time you eat? I get up between 6:30 & 7. I immediately have 12 Oz of Decaf hot tea and try to have 12 Oz of Water. I don't eat Breakfast until 830 -9am. The fluids first seems to work better for me.

I do the same fluids first then Breakfast. I still find it to be my hardest meal of the day. Seems like forcing self to eat in morning it just what has to happen..

I feel better! I too have my coffee first, some Water and then try to eat. I'm not that hungry in morning...very hungry at night. I'm thinking I'm not spacing my meals enough and by evening I'm starving.

I have Water and thyroid meds at 5:30-6. I usually do not start my shake until 7:30.

Today I had a cup of hot tea before Breakfast and started the shake at around 9. It took me until 11 to finish it and still made me nauseous and very dizzy.

I guess I just have to get used to it.

I know it is going to take time, but when will I get my energy back?. Those of you that have returned to work how do you manage? I still have times I am dizzy, nauseated. I do a little and can't seem to do what I need to at home. I am not even sure if I know when I am full. All I really want is ice Water A few day ago I thought things were better, but I am not sure now. Would you share with me how you are feeling.

I know it is going to take time, but when will I get my energy back?..

My surgery date was 4/2 and I'm just now getting back to normal really. It really does have to do with your ability to get in your Protein and Water. Protein for fuel, water to flush out all the toxins you've built up.

I wasn't able to exercise for a long while, but it's also important to exercise as much as possible to reduce the loss of your muscle mass. Mine has diminished greatly due to being incapacitated but it does get better...

Wayne

I know it is going to take time, but when will I get my energy back?. Those of you that have returned to work how do you manage?

I'm 5 weeks post-op. I actually cut the grass today and survived. I've been very fatigued. I only work away from the house part time, but after 5 hours I need a nap. I've really been a couch potato unless I had to be some where. I am nauseous a lot but really just try to keep rolling. I was really upset about the lack of energy early on, but decided it was a waste of my time. All our bodies are going to react differently and I just need to accept the pace mine is taking. Your body will let you know when it's ready.

My surgery was April Fool's day and I thought I was a fool after I got home. I was exhausted and could barely move. I couldn't get all my fluids in right away and felt sick at the thought of broth or oatmeal. But today I am walking and feel much more energized. It started to get better as I began to eat other things like yogurt and cottage cheese...more protein...but I know exactly how you feel...I still can't tell when I'm full until I feel pain. Pain never equaled being full to me before so it takes some getting use to...It's definitely a different way to live...you will start to feel better...I swear!

I need help! I'm not reaching my Protein goals because the protein shakes are making me sick. I'm trying to reaching goals with food but I'm not doing a good job .

I'm so concerned that I'm not eating enough or I'm eating to much, I'm not drinking enough or I'm gulping down to fast. I'm drinking too soon after eating... I'm eating the wrong stuff! This is all too

Much!!!

Hi I feel the same way!!!! Tuesday I see my Doctor I hope he can give me some pointers.

I am 2 days away from 6 weeks out and all of a sudden, I can't eat anything! Yesterday I went back to Protein Shakes and chicken broth. I am hungry and can't eat. The irony of that is crazy. But still I move on

I'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and my list of tolerable foods is short. I can count on two hands the number of food items I can tolerate. I can stomach the Protein Shakes, but hydrating with water/liquids is what troubles me the most.

Not to mention between the cold I had going in to surgery and my allergies these past few weeks, I can't seem to catch a break.

Most days I feel overall pretty good, but there are times during the day where I'm struggling to recognize these new weird feelings in my body, gas, hunger, needing hydration, fatigue and so forth.

I keep telling myself that this will all pass and I keep pressing on.

Edited by WickedBeauty

Ok 4 weeks today since surgery. 30 pounds gone after surgery, 72 lbs gone since beginning of journey.

I know we talk about all the food issues but I am struggling with clothing issues... I miss my clothes. I know sounds weird at least to my family.. But it was my comfort.. My whole closet is gone. All my dress clothing I worked so hard to find that I looked good in... All my comfortable clothes... I miss my jeans, bras, underwear... It is all gone... I started purchasing clothes but before I can break them in I am shrinking out of them...

Don't get me wrong I love being 5 sizes smaller I love the new eating habits and how things fit and don't hurt but, I can't get dressed without going through 3-4 outfits.. And then still being worried how it looks...

Anyone else mourning clothes?

Anyone else mourning clothes?

I actually don't think that sounds odd. I think many women are into clothes no matter what their size. I also think it's hard to dress a new body you are not use too, especially in the in between phases. How much more weight do you want to lose?

My goal is to avoid too many purchases in the in between phase. I will wear my 20 pants until they fall off. I have a few skirts with elastic waists that should get me through the entire summer. I may need a few shirts but I'm not buying any new pants until the fall. Sundresses are also an option that will last the summer too. I have 2 right now.