Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Repetitive and Circuitous Topics....

Guys, we are getting off-topic here.... I believe we were talking about me...

@@LipstickLady, yes, please do tell!

I could tell you the story about a "lady" I almost punched in the junk today.... ;)

Yes, do tell, I'm getting bored of all my sh***.

This just made my morning

You want snazzy? Steal a bit of Kafka.. How's about... <insert drum roll> Metamorphosis! Cue snazzy flashing lights AND literary credibility - all in one move! :D Oh yeah, and I'll expect a citation in the footnotes somewhere for that bit of genius :blink:

I'm stealing metamorphosis until I find something I like better. ????

Because my gastro doesn't have a designated "fecal transplant facility" and doesn't do enough to justify purchasing whatever AMA approved, autoclave able blending device he would need. So the transplant patient simply provides their own inexpensive blender that is subsequently thrown away. In my case, a friend was given a new fancy Vitamix Blender for her birthday. She was going to take her old blender to the thrift store, but I confiscated it. I truly feel it was fate.[/QUOT

I will ever buy a second hand blender again.....just in case! I've never seen a fecal transplant done but I heard about it 20 years ago during my educational years. Glad you get to skip the NG.

I for one don't mind the repenitive questions from others. Everybody has different viewpoints and can offer other views to the same questions. And everybody wants to learn of personal experiences that others have experienced. Just maybe you should be on others sites so your not having to worry about a meltdown, or worse total boredom........Just my opinion....

The clinical definition of addiction is that it alters cognitive function. The medical community is not yet convinced that food addiction meets the criteria. They are waiting for further empirical evidence. As one who feels like a bowl of spaghetti is the best high there is, no further evidence is required.

Posted this to a friend elsewhere. 'Scuse the language. Goat1 is my 15 year old.

So today, I was sitting up at the bus stop waiting for Goat1 to get off the bus when this ^%#%*^% #%## pulls up to me with her window down and says that she wants to talk to me about something.

(A little background. Her daughter and mine have been going to school together since the 4th grade, now in 10th. Her daughter is totally a mean girl and has bullied my daughter on and off since they met. We are not friends and I've never said a word to her about ANYTHING because I knew if I did, I would knock her ass out for raising such a %^^##% for a child.)

Anywho... She says to me, "I just wanted to mention that I've noticed that you run that red light up there every day."

(WHAT!?!?! You mean the one with the fucking POLICE STATION at it? In my company car?? UHMMMMM.....NO! I went through a really late yellow once last week and was horrified because I noticed it way too late. Something I am sure everyone has done at least once.)

Me: What!?!?

Her: Yeah. We have new drivers and you are in front of me every day and the kids in my car want to know why you run the red light every day.

(My goat has play practice or work 4 out of 5 days, so she is almost never on the afternoon bus.)

Me: Uhmm....No, I don't.

Her: Yes, you do. My daughter is starting to ask me questions about it and you really need to realize that we have new drivers and they are watching everything we do.

Me: (totally dumbfounded and trying to contain my Mexican) So, yeah. I don't have any tickets or accidents and I don't run that light every day. If I did, I am sure my child would point it out to me.

Her: Well, if you could just watch what you do, because my new driver certainly is!

Me: I'll talk to Goat1 and ask her if she's noticed this.

I rolled up my driver window, called a bestie and ranted about this %^^%# %%%#% %^%# knowing full well she could hear me. Our kids have another two years together so I contained myself to the best of my ability, but let me just tell you I was so ^%#%^ close to getting out of the car and dragging her ass out of it, too.

%%^%#^ bitch, if you don't like the way I drive, call the police. If I am driving in a manner in which you don't approve, use me as an example of what NOT to do. Outside of that? Keep your %^^}# opinion to yourself or shove it up your %^%#. For realz. And yes, I will be saying that to her next time I see her.

Edited by LipstickLady

I haven't written a book. Clearly you're talking about the Amazon book. You can buy it for Kindle download. I saw that. Its handy. I like technological developments. But I also still like the feel of old and fusty books. What a quandary.

As for the 'others'. I have no idea. I'm too wrapped up in my own personal fabulousness (read 'boredom') to worry :P

I was in a bookstore once called, The Curmudgeon. I loved that store on so many levels.

This is indeed a great thread. I'm not bored on this site [yet]. probably due to picking and choosing what I'll read. But sometimes I'll stumble upon a post so incredibly...searching for the word....inane? scary? ridiculous?...that I just shake my head and wonder why why why? This is always a post where someone is having an obvious ER-qualifying situation and they are asking the interwebz for a collective opinion. "I haven't been able to eat or drink anything for one week. Has anyone else had this happen to them?"

I have to hold myself back from typing Honey, please get off your computer and get yourself to the emergency room.

But then I recall Darwin, and I just move on to the next post.

Ha! Darwin! I know, I don't know why people don't call their surgeons.

I think some people ask the same questions because they are just nervous and want to talk individually with others who have been through it instead of reading an old post.

Edited by Loveit2012