Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Repetitive and Circuitous Topics....

I'm with you on the Journey thing...makes me want to hurl.

My Social Worker at my psych eval said something about my anticipation/frustration with waiting, and started to say that OTHER people always rear to this as a "journey" and stopped midway through the word when she saw my glaringly obvious eye-roll. LOL - we both had a good laugh and decided it was the most overused metaphore for it and we're both sick of hearing it! Please - lets find a new one!

And as for crazy lady about your driving and running imaginary lights LipstickLady, I'm interested noticing her daughter is looking to others OUTSIDE her mom's car for driving role models. Hmmm. Lets hope she looks outside the fam car for social and emotional role models too. Sheesh - sorry you were the recipient of a sh*t and run!

Kate

This is indeed a great thread. I'm not bored on this site [yet]. probably due to picking and choosing what I'll read. But sometimes I'll stumble upon a post so incredibly...searching for the word....inane? scary? ridiculous?...that I just shake my head and wonder why why why? This is always a post where someone is having an obvious ER-qualifying situation and they are asking the interwebz for a collective opinion. "I haven't been able to eat or drink anything for one week. Has anyone else had this happen to them?"

I have to hold myself back from typing Honey, please get off your computer and get yourself to the emergency room.

But then I recall Darwin, and I just move on to the next post.

yupper! our minds work alike. similarly, "i have lost 100 pounds but i still hate myself and my body and everything makes me miserable. does anyone else have this issue? i was really hoping losing weight would make me like myself. i dont know what to do."

ummmm... does the phrase "professional help" mean anything to you? maybe not.

RIGHT! Can I be arsed to address the person who has obviously skulked in (no doubt at the behest of someone else), in an attempt to tell me to get out of my own thread, (which I started incidentally ;) ) , labouring the point that if I'm bored I should leave the site all together?

Yes, I can! Huzzah! :D

I said 'take a break'. Please tell me, someone, where that phrase denotes leaving the website on a permanent basis? Could it mean that I'm walking away from my laptop for a cup of tea perhaps? A walk in the park? An opportunity to paint my toe nails (which, incidentally, would be infinitely more entertaining than reading your unwarranted bile). Did I say I was going to do it? No, strangely, I did not!

Do me a favour you mealy mouthed, inspirationally challenged tosspots. Go skulk in someone elses thread, or better still, go and create your own! That's right, create your own.

But that's right,you cant can you? Because you're toe-curlingly, eye-wateringly dull!

I never wanted to really go here, I thought (ever the optimist) that the mundanity of repetition on this website was solely limited to how many edamame Beans and Protein shakes people had managed consume.

Sadly not. I can now extend the definition of utter tedium to the attempted supercilious, mealy-mouthed idiots who contribute little of value and originality, other than a bilious vomitorium of defensive low-level vitriol to those they are clearly jealous.

As cuts both ways, there are a myriad of threads on the VSG forum. If you're having a whale of a time counting your beans; do, please, carry on. However and to prevent me from having to go here again, just quietly take your leave and get out of mine.

Lets leave us happy and personality filled individuals to get on with it.

'Cause whether or not it had escaped your attention, we appear to be making this place a little bit more interesting, one post at a time.

;)

... Excuse me does anyone know of any shakes that taste good? Is this shake okay?? .... Those are my personal fav topics to see everyday .. There is a search function that will show you thousands of these posts.. Maybe we need a category that's just for shakes.. One for puréed ideas... Etc

Posted this to a friend elsewhere. 'Scuse the language. Goat1 is my 15 year old.

So today, I was sitting up at the bus stop waiting for Goat1 to get off the bus when this ^%#%*^% #%## pulls up to me with her window down and says that she wants to talk to me about something.

(A little background. Her daughter and mine have been going to school together since the 4th grade, now in 10th. Her daughter is totally a mean girl and has bullied my daughter on and off since they met. We are not friends and I've never said a word to her about ANYTHING because I knew if I did, I would knock her ass out for raising such a %^^##% for a child.)

Anywho... She says to me, "I just wanted to mention that I've noticed that you run that red light up there every day."

(WHAT!?!?! You mean the one with the f**king POLICE STATION at it? In my company car?? UHMMMMM.....NO! I went through a really late yellow once last week and was horrified because I noticed it way too late. Something I am sure everyone has done at least once.)

Me: What!?!?

Her: Yeah. We have new drivers and you are in front of me every day and the kids in my car want to know why you run the red light every day.

(My goat has play practice or work 4 out of 5 days, so she is almost never on the afternoon bus.)

Me: Uhmm....No, I don't.

Her: Yes, you do. My daughter is starting to ask me questions about it and you really need to realize that we have new drivers and they are watching everything we do.

Me: (totally dumbfounded and trying to contain my Mexican) So, yeah. I don't have any tickets or accidents and I don't run that light every day. If I did, I am sure my child would point it out to me.

Her: Well, if you could just watch what you do, because my new driver certainly is!

Me: I'll talk to Goat1 and ask her if she's noticed this.

I rolled up my driver window, called a bestie and ranted about this %^^%# %%%#% %^%# knowing full well she could hear me. Our kids have another two years together so I contained myself to the best of my ability, but let me just tell you I was so ^%#%^ close to getting out of the car and dragging her ass out of it, too.

%%^%#^ b***h, if you don't like the way I drive, call the police. If I am driving in a manner in which you don't approve, use me as an example of what NOT to do. Outside of that? Keep your %^^}# opinion to yourself or shove it up your %^%#. For realz. And yes, I will be saying that to her next time I see her.

My answer to her would have been 'Oh, did I? Well, if I did and you're in possession of photographic evidence of this, please do report me to the police. Hell, I'll go and report myself now. Thanks for the heads up!'

So glad this carried on, whats that song 'what diference a day makes...'

Even more confused now, but that fecal transplant story, bloody amazin and that driving bitch, what a cow, I like to think I would have been dignified but the range of moods I have I wouldn't be that lucky, ah the horror.

And I didnt dream about ryan gosling but now ive seen the thumbnail I can live in hope sigh

So glad this carried on, whats that song 'what diference a day makes...'

Even more confused now, but that fecal transplant story, bloody amazin and that driving b***h, what a cow, I like to think I would have been dignified but the range of moods I have I wouldn't be that lucky, ah the horror.

And I didnt dream about ryan gosling but now ive seen the thumbnail I can live in hope sigh

Ha! Never a dull moment!

And yes, Ryan Gosling is most certainly, a thing of beauty! ;)

Bloody typical by the time I get to sit down and read the threads and yes some are so... never mind dont want the wrist slap I get to this one and have to go to bed.

If I get time with my 5 days away I may read this thread from the beginning.

I wonder what was the most responed to thread in the shortest time, maybe that should be the next topic.

I for one don't mind the repenitive questions from others. Everybody has different viewpoints and can offer other views to the same questions. And everybody wants to learn of personal experiences that others have experienced. Just maybe you should be on others sites so your not having to worry about a meltdown, or worse total boredom........Just my opinion....

Really? You have no sense of humor, dear.

I for one don't mind the repenitive questions from others. Everybody has different viewpoints and can offer other views to the same questions. And everybody wants to learn of personal experiences that others have experienced. Just maybe you should be on others sites so your not having to worry about a meltdown, or worse total boredom........Just my opinion....

Really? You have no sense of humor, dear.

And that's why I wrote what I wrote

Pffft.. fun sponges

I'm afraid our newbie friend there failed to notice that this is posted on Rants and Raves. I think he also failed to notice that the people posting on this thread collectively have around 10,000 posts between us.....

New subject.

Just saw the new Captain America movie yesterday. I have decided that I want Scarlett Johanssen's azz. It is really quite spectacular and it would look really good on me, I'm sure.

NMJG.....I just didn't hear anything funny about that conversation. You may be right,maybe I don't have a sense of humor. I have always thought I did, but I guess I missed the humor in that one. Thank you dear for enlightening me. I will try and have more humor in any future comments. Just trying to get as much info. from people who have gone through WLS.

Great thread.

Revs for Prime Minister. Or President.

Or is that the two piña coladas and a gin and tonic i had tonight talking? Should I even have admitted that? Oh well, now that I am confessing, can I point out I haven't had an edamame bean, em, ever....or a Protein shake....

That's all. Over and out.

:-)