Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Repetitive and Circuitous Topics....

If it isn't a "Journey" then what is it? I f I can't post about myself and my concerns or progress then what am I supposed to post about. How about my published book on Amazon or B&N called "How Can I Keep From Singing". Search for it under Kittie Preas Koukalik. Buy it, read it, leave a review...oh wait...that is still about me.... [/quote

I hate the word "journey" too, because it's so over used. Anyone on a reality game show is on a journey. People just use the word to make their lives sound more important than they really are.

And I hate that this is like the equivalent of someone trying to be the top bïtch on a show to get some man to propose to you.

If it isn't a "Journey" then what is it? I f I can't post about myself and my concerns or progress then what am I supposed to post about. How about my published book on Amazon or B&N called "How Can I Keep From Singing". Search for it under Kittie Preas Koukalik. Buy it, read it, leave a review...oh wait...that is still about me....

It's a calamitous swim up a Protein infested stream!

I'm not saying you shouldn't post about yourself, after all, that's our knowledge base. Could we make the posts a little bit more varied and interesting?

As for self publication - you got it. Right here, baby!

Forgive me if I won't purchase it though. I am saving up my pennies for more edamame Beans and Protein Powder :blink:

Are you a published author as well? Sorry but mine is a journey...and I am liking it.......if you are a prime member and have a Kindle, maybe you can borrow it for free, at least humor me and read the Amazon reviews.. or we can talk about my Blood Pressure :lol:

Now now, no need to get defensive!

As for being published? Yes, actually, I am. Sadly, my stuff is not fiction or autobiographical.

As for your book, I did read the reviews and the precis. No offense intended, but its not really my sort of thing. Sounds like a heart-rending very human story though. Not many go through that and come out the other side in tact, so many congratulations on surviving something so devastating and coming out the other end so positively.

As for what you call this stage in your life and the process you're undertaking right now with your weight loss - you can call it whatever you like! There's no judgement. I just prefer not to use the word 'journey'. It's a bit too 'on the sofa with Oprah' for me.

Its a case of 'each to their own'. I like that aspect of life.

Different strokes, for different folks, whatever makes you.. happppppyyyyyy! (as the song goes) ;)

Well I've now had time to get my dictionary, thesaurus and self help books but still don't think I can keep up.

I was watching a Ryan Reynolds film, what is it about the name Ryan though madam Mr gosling is my preferred flavour lol.

But hell its one in the morning and knackered so going to bed. Sweet dreams, now if I could dream about gosling what a great sleep.

Just for you, DairyFairy..

The sweetest of dreams..... ;)

post-181494-0-27476100-1396656920_thumb.jpg

Journey, schmourney. Endurance test? Obstacle course? Evolution? Evolution is what I titled my WLS journal. I don't write in it much. The title's rather boring. Maybe I'd write more if it had a snazzier title.

You want snazzy?

Steal a bit of Kafka..

How's about... <insert drum roll>

Metamorphosis!

Cue snazzy flashing lights AND literary credibility - all in one move! :D

Oh yeah, and I'll expect a citation in the footnotes somewhere for that bit of genius :blink:

Edited by Madam Reverie

Madam R... Pucker up, please...

(((*KISS*)))

Mmmm, I taste her cherry Chapstick.

Only you could get this kind of attention from the most simple of statements:

Here try some of these in place of the dreaded journey:

Verbs

travel, voyage, tour, trek, fly, sail, go, sight see, cruise, roam

Nouns:

trip, voyage, expedition, ride, drive, flight, passage, excursion, crossing, tour, trek, outing

why i got fat.... i have been bored senseless most of my life!

i left the mothering.com forums 'cause no matter the forum, it was the same topics over and over and over. ::yawn::

yeah, i wonder sometimes what happen to laura-ven, gamer girl, butterthebean... they must have gone somewhere private and now things are even more boring around here!

private message me your book! i am interested! i need something more interesting than this cup of tea at 11pm on a rainy friday night.

Did someone mention my boyfriend, Ryan Gosling? OMG - he's hawt!!!!!!

why i got fat.... i have been bored senseless most of my life!

i left the mothering.com forums 'cause no matter the forum, it was the same topics over and over and over. ::yawn::

yeah, i wonder sometimes what happen to laura-ven, gamer girl, butterthebean... they must have gone somewhere private and now things are even more boring around here!

private message me your book! i am interested! i need something more interesting than this cup of tea at 11pm on a rainy friday night.

I will try not to bore you with my comments. And I won't take your comment about the others personally either. But I will say one thing and hope you understand this....When I am done here I have no plans to run away when things get a little to tough to handle or I need to have a break. I plan to stick around and help some who really need to be helped. Just like others did for me.

Ouch by the way. Slap!

oh you shouldnt take it personally, no not at all...

i should have said i have ADHD and i get very easily distracted and suffer from extreme restlessness that nothing except falling in love can cure! (which is dumb, cause one cannot repeatedly over and over fall in love)

it feels like chronic boredom.

be glad you dont have this, its annoying as hell and makes me crabby and irritating to other people, but mostly to me!

Madam, feel free to read my latest post on my upcoming fecal transplant...I don't think I've seen another one like that on here. :)