Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Borderline Shopping Addiction - Clothes, Shoes and Accessories

I'm starting to wonder if I am developing a shopping addiction, I have bought at least one article of clothing for myself about every other day over the last month or so. I believe it's justified since I've lost so much weight and could no longer fit anything I had, but it is starting to concern me. I love clothes now and as long as it's in good condition it can be hand-me-downs, thrift store, clearance center or off-the-rack. I've read that people sometimes replace one addiction with another one. I was addicted to food, I wonder if that hasn't translated into an addiction to shopping. I'll keep an eye on myself and try to scale back to maybe twice a week, then once a week.

Yes friend keep an eye on that, you do deserve it and more important you need it. That said, if it's affecting your life and your wallet is impacted rethink it before you buy it other wise enjoy it!!

Edited by lisacaron

I could totally see myself replacing one addiction with another. I have a very addictive personality. As long as you can afford it, I say go for it.. Atleast you're not still addicted to food. Now, if you're going into debt because of this new addiction, maybe try talking to someone, or try something else that doesn't cost as much :)

Thanks ladies...fortunately enough, it's not effecting my finances but I don't want it to start to either. I'm very frugal and if it's not a deal, I'm leaving it behind. I think I'm just about done though, I need a couple of things for spring/summer and a pair of sandals and...LOL

Well my saying is a woman can never have too many clothes, too much jewelry or too much perfume. So if that helps then great ;)

yes I have an addiction to shoes and purses but that has always been the case but now clothes are also very tempting.. I am trying to refrain from shopping because I know I will get smaller.

OMgosh Prettythick when I saw this post, I got excited, because I was literally just talking to one of my friends about how many clothes, shoes and accessories I've purchased in the last couple of months! I LOVE IT!!!!! In my opinion we're rewarding ourselves differently so in place of food we're buying clothes. I don't feel as guilty about it because we have like virtual swap and shop pages in my area on FB so I resell alot of things and then take that money and buy new, I'm aslo very frugal about it so that makes me feel better as well. There's nothing better than looking in the mirror and liking the way you look and being able to have options!!! I love getting ready in the morning now:-)

How does completely stopping make you feel? Are you able to get rid of items that aren't flattering?

These are questions I ask myself. I go thru stages of buying stuff. And then I get so busy with work and other stuff that I don't think about it for weeks. But if I ever felt like I HAD to shop/buy to feel good about myself then I would seek help. And it can be a real issue. I have a friend who spends money that she and her husband don't have.

Only you know....

I wouldn't worry about it. Shopping for clothes is an enjoyable experience now and you deserve to splurge after all your hard work. Enjoy dressing your new figure!

Can you be my personal shopper? Please, please, please? I hate it so, we live in the sticks....go for it, have FUN! And whatever it is, you are so worth it.